Universal Chat Thread
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,177
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah I've heard for some people, that 2nd shot is a doozy. I get that on the 1st of next month so I'm resigning myself to that weekend being a straight up loss lol

Were you able to get yours earlier because of being a critical health risk, or were you lucky enough to be given one somehow? @Maniakkid25
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,177 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah I've heard for some people, that 2nd shot is a doozy. I get that on the 1st of next month so I'm resigning myself to that weekend being a straight up loss lol

Were you able to get yours earlier because of being a critical health risk, or were you lucky enough to be given one somehow? @Maniakkid25
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,619
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Apr 10th, 2021, 07:52 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
(Apr 10th, 2021, 03:14 AM)Moonface Wrote:
I was wondering where you were (same for DL but I just assume his internet is dead these days lol). I get my first shot tomorrow so I'm hoping it doesn't hit me hard, but then if it doesn't I have to worry about the second one taking me out. D=

I've been around. My internet was down Sunday and Monday, but it started working again on Tuesday, I think?
Ah. It's because I'm used to seeing you online in some form on Discord and you were offline all day yesterday whenever I looked, so I automatically thought your internet must be messing up. Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,619 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Apr 10th, 2021, 07:52 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
(Apr 10th, 2021, 03:14 AM)Moonface Wrote:
I was wondering where you were (same for DL but I just assume his internet is dead these days lol). I get my first shot tomorrow so I'm hoping it doesn't hit me hard, but then if it doesn't I have to worry about the second one taking me out. D=

I've been around. My internet was down Sunday and Monday, but it started working again on Tuesday, I think?
Ah. It's because I'm used to seeing you online in some form on Discord and you were offline all day yesterday whenever I looked, so I automatically thought your internet must be messing up. Tongue
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,728
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Ah, no. I worked 11-7 yesterday, so I wasn't online until later in the night. Got home, had to make dinner and do some stuff around the house and all that, so I don't think I actually got online until about... around 10-ish, maybe.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,728 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Ah, no. I worked 11-7 yesterday, so I wasn't online until later in the night. Got home, had to make dinner and do some stuff around the house and all that, so I don't think I actually got online until about... around 10-ish, maybe.
Pinky Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
XP: 180
Good morning everyone Smile

I hope you all have a great day Smile
Pinky Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
XP: 180

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Good day to you too, Mercury. :3

@Moonface : Yeah I probably did have the wrong site. I assumed they would take off stuff that were out of stock for a while on the other site so thought it was the right one.

Oof the second vaccine shot is pretty bad for side effects? Yikes, hope recovery over that is quick.

Got a long week ahead, lots of overtime, funeral and er well that's it other than playing Genshin when I can.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Good day to you too, Mercury. :3

@Moonface : Yeah I probably did have the wrong site. I assumed they would take off stuff that were out of stock for a while on the other site so thought it was the right one.

Oof the second vaccine shot is pretty bad for side effects? Yikes, hope recovery over that is quick.

Got a long week ahead, lots of overtime, funeral and er well that's it other than playing Genshin when I can.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,811
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
(Apr 10th, 2021, 06:27 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

I'm still working at Publix, so I'm an "Essential Worker", which probably booted me up the priority list.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,811 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
(Apr 10th, 2021, 06:27 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

I'm still working at Publix, so I'm an "Essential Worker", which probably booted me up the priority list.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Man, it sucks that right now is such a bad time to buy computer parts. Would love to build a PC finally, but I don't really want to settle for a 3080 or something, but as everyone knows, 3090s are running like $1,500+ right now. Everyone says the 3080 is fine, but it just bothers me buying a part when I know there's a better one out there, so I almost feel like it wouldn't be worth my time getting a PC until the next version releases, whenever that is.

I know it's not the way I should think of it. I should be okay just buying one with a 3080 and then upgrading to a 3090 or whatever down the road when it's more feasible, but it bugs me.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Man, it sucks that right now is such a bad time to buy computer parts. Would love to build a PC finally, but I don't really want to settle for a 3080 or something, but as everyone knows, 3090s are running like $1,500+ right now. Everyone says the 3080 is fine, but it just bothers me buying a part when I know there's a better one out there, so I almost feel like it wouldn't be worth my time getting a PC until the next version releases, whenever that is.

I know it's not the way I should think of it. I should be okay just buying one with a 3080 and then upgrading to a 3090 or whatever down the road when it's more feasible, but it bugs me.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 11th, 2021, 10:14 AM)Mercury Wrote:

Thanks! I hope you had a great one yesterday and another great one today. Grin

(Apr 11th, 2021, 10:34 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
If that's the case then I have no idea how I get put up the list. Not that it matters since I got my first shot on Saturday, but even then as far as I've known my position at Publix doesn't get me anything. Errm

(Apr 12th, 2021, 01:43 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

The thing is, you could buy a 3090 but how long is it until a 4000 releases? I guess it would come down to how notable of a difference would a 3090 have for games you want to play versus a 3080. If the difference isn't enough for the price point a 3090 is going for, or if there's no difference at all for the games you'd play, then I'd say go for the 3080.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Apr 11th, 2021, 10:14 AM)Mercury Wrote:

Thanks! I hope you had a great one yesterday and another great one today. Grin

If that's the case then I have no idea how I get put up the list. Not that it matters since I got my first shot on Saturday, but even then as far as I've known my position at Publix doesn't get me anything. Errm

(Apr 12th, 2021, 01:43 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

The thing is, you could buy a 3090 but how long is it until a 4000 releases? I guess it would come down to how notable of a difference would a 3090 have for games you want to play versus a 3080. If the difference isn't enough for the price point a 3090 is going for, or if there's no difference at all for the games you'd play, then I'd say go for the 3080.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,811
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
(Apr 12th, 2021, 06:17 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Well, as far as I understand, you sti have to apply for an appointment, and AFTER that they decide whether or not you're eligible. So, as long as you don't get booted back, you should be good. Just watch the second dose if you got Moderna, and expect to take a day off.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,811 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
(Apr 12th, 2021, 06:17 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Well, as far as I understand, you sti have to apply for an appointment, and AFTER that they decide whether or not you're eligible. So, as long as you don't get booted back, you should be good. Just watch the second dose if you got Moderna, and expect to take a day off.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Nah, I got Pfizer. Fortunately the worst side effect I got was a sore arm. ^_^

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Nah, I got Pfizer. Fortunately the worst side effect I got was a sore arm. ^_^
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'm sure a 3080 would be all I'd need for the types of games I'd play on Steam (pretty much what I play on PS4 currently), but it's just the same thing like when I had my base PS4 and the Pro released. Was the Pro all that much better than base PS4? Not really, but I still wanted a Pro. Granted I waited until a good Pro came out before I got one (I believe mine has 2TB internal, compared to most other Pros being 1TCool.

But yeah, I could wait for the next series to release, but with how things are going with everything now, I'm sure that would sell out in seconds and only be available for $1500+ through third-parties.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'm sure a 3080 would be all I'd need for the types of games I'd play on Steam (pretty much what I play on PS4 currently), but it's just the same thing like when I had my base PS4 and the Pro released. Was the Pro all that much better than base PS4? Not really, but I still wanted a Pro. Granted I waited until a good Pro came out before I got one (I believe mine has 2TB internal, compared to most other Pros being 1TCool.

But yeah, I could wait for the next series to release, but with how things are going with everything now, I'm sure that would sell out in seconds and only be available for $1500+ through third-parties.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Depending on how fast new cards are released, maybe you could wait for the 3090's to go down due to a newer model being released?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Depending on how fast new cards are released, maybe you could wait for the 3090's to go down due to a newer model being released?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Perhaps, though who knows how long that could take? Granted I don't exactly have the funds to build a beastly PC right now anyways, but I'm hoping that maybe by the end of the summer I'll have enough saved up to throw $2,000-$2,500 at a high-end build.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Perhaps, though who knows how long that could take? Granted I don't exactly have the funds to build a beastly PC right now anyways, but I'm hoping that maybe by the end of the summer I'll have enough saved up to throw $2,000-$2,500 at a high-end build.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well for one thing make sure whatever you build doesn't take three hours to update Windows. I'm still waiting on my laptop to update and I started at 2:14pm.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well for one thing make sure whatever you build doesn't take three hours to update Windows. I'm still waiting on my laptop to update and I started at 2:14pm.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,177
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I still think I should've bought us those laptops when I saw them on sale. Oh well. Maybe some other time. You've had that laptop 4 years now, I think? Hmm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,177 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I still think I should've bought us those laptops when I saw them on sale. Oh well. Maybe some other time. You've had that laptop 4 years now, I think? Hmm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 44,790 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,126 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 62,805 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 49,923 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 42,446 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM