Universal Chat Thread
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Jokes on you, I'll just use my elite gamer skills to win my game with the track pad. Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Jokes on you, I'll just use my elite gamer skills to win my game with the track pad. Tongue
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
As if you'll have the mental fortitude to even consider using that when you're busy "REEEEE"-ing over your broken mouse. ROFL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
As if you'll have the mental fortitude to even consider using that when you're busy "REEEEE"-ing over your broken mouse. ROFL
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I wonder why we as humans are like that and don't have much energy.

I was lamenting to Cricket that once again I am doing nothing productive, but there nothing I really want to do either.

So I'm just kinda doing nothing. What is life.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I wonder why we as humans are like that and don't have much energy.

I was lamenting to Cricket that once again I am doing nothing productive, but there nothing I really want to do either.

So I'm just kinda doing nothing. What is life.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If anything it's likely I'd lose my shit over it in Minecraft on the server because I can't pause there and it would mean I have a high chance of dying, especially if it's a creeper because the time it would take to even pause and leave the game would take too long to avoid death.

@Karo: Eh, can't always have something you want to do. I think it would be worse if you had things you wanted to do and just didn't care about doing them.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If anything it's likely I'd lose my shit over it in Minecraft on the server because I can't pause there and it would mean I have a high chance of dying, especially if it's a creeper because the time it would take to even pause and leave the game would take too long to avoid death.

@Karo: Eh, can't always have something you want to do. I think it would be worse if you had things you wanted to do and just didn't care about doing them.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
If only I had nothing to do today. Fun long shift, then come home to more fun. Ahhh, remember Moony when you got ants in your car? Well yay we got to feel that annoyance today of ants suddenly appearing in our bathroom hoorah. They had to pay for delaying my meal time this evening.  Glare

Felt dizzy yesterday and didn't want to use my laptop for long, then going to see my nan again tomorrow, then once more a long shift Monday since a colleague on our department's mother tested positive in the week gone, I was already scheduled to do 10 hour anyway but cases getting closer is a bit worrying.

Hope you guys are having a good weekend.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
If only I had nothing to do today. Fun long shift, then come home to more fun. Ahhh, remember Moony when you got ants in your car? Well yay we got to feel that annoyance today of ants suddenly appearing in our bathroom hoorah. They had to pay for delaying my meal time this evening.  Glare

Felt dizzy yesterday and didn't want to use my laptop for long, then going to see my nan again tomorrow, then once more a long shift Monday since a colleague on our department's mother tested positive in the week gone, I was already scheduled to do 10 hour anyway but cases getting closer is a bit worrying.

Hope you guys are having a good weekend.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
My weekend was rather shit because I've been feeling unwell since Saturday. Yesterday and today I've had a headache/migraine and medicine barely helps for once.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
My weekend was rather shit because I've been feeling unwell since Saturday. Yesterday and today I've had a headache/migraine and medicine barely helps for once.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
My weekend was over before it began. Like, I don't even know where the last two days went. I didn't do nearly enough gaming with them, and that's a shame. Wasted weeked. sadge
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
My weekend was over before it began. Like, I don't even know where the last two days went. I didn't do nearly enough gaming with them, and that's a shame. Wasted weeked. sadge
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
How was it, working for the new place? Any easier or difficult than the last?

Excited to start playing tennis tomorrow. We're finally getting our demo rackets and will be able to play tomorrow night after work Grin
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
How was it, working for the new place? Any easier or difficult than the last?

Excited to start playing tennis tomorrow. We're finally getting our demo rackets and will be able to play tomorrow night after work Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't recall @Dragon Lord saying he'd started the new job yet. I'm sure it's not been two weeks since he said he'd put his notice in. Hmm

Don't think tennis is happening tonight considering the weather. My work kept losing power and the house has come dangerously close to losing power but has managed to hold out so far.

Been feeling unwell again today, although not as bad as it has been but definitely don't feel like myself. At least I have medical insurance currently so I can go see a doctor about it without being too concerned about the costs. Of course, that relies on my lazy arse actually going to see a doctor, which is another thing altogether. Tongue
Am I the only one here who puts off seeing a doctor even though I know I shouldn't? XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't recall @Dragon Lord saying he'd started the new job yet. I'm sure it's not been two weeks since he said he'd put his notice in. Hmm

Don't think tennis is happening tonight considering the weather. My work kept losing power and the house has come dangerously close to losing power but has managed to hold out so far.

Been feeling unwell again today, although not as bad as it has been but definitely don't feel like myself. At least I have medical insurance currently so I can go see a doctor about it without being too concerned about the costs. Of course, that relies on my lazy arse actually going to see a doctor, which is another thing altogether. Tongue
Am I the only one here who puts off seeing a doctor even though I know I shouldn't? XD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I am actually done at my old job, and was supposed to officially start the new job yesterday, but something went wrong and now I have to wait until tomorrow to actually get started.

Also no, I'm the same way. I've had some kind of skin condition on my right hand for the last 15 months that I should go see a doctor for, but due to lack of insurance, I won't. I should be able to get insurance through the new job after the 90 day probation period, so I might finally be able to go get it checked out some time in November. Not sure what the condition is, and nothing I've tried to treat it has worked. Though it hasn't caused me any further complications yet, so I'm not to worried about having to wait another four months to get it checked out. It just causes the skin in the affected area to get extremely dried out and when it gets really bad, it'll cause a lot of cracks in my skin that can be painful, but I usually just cover those spots with bandages to keep anything from directly touching those spots on my hand, and also to keep them covered from dirt and such.

Of course for all I know, not getting this taken care of could be causing irreversible damage to my skin/hand, but that's an issue I'll worry about if/when it comes to that. For now it's just a minor annoyance when my skin cracks from it, and nothing more.

I've also never gotten a physical or anything, or done any regular testing of any sort, so for all I know I could have like 10 different types of cancer and not even know it. I'm the type of "if I'm not dying, I don't need to go in" person.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I am actually done at my old job, and was supposed to officially start the new job yesterday, but something went wrong and now I have to wait until tomorrow to actually get started.

Also no, I'm the same way. I've had some kind of skin condition on my right hand for the last 15 months that I should go see a doctor for, but due to lack of insurance, I won't. I should be able to get insurance through the new job after the 90 day probation period, so I might finally be able to go get it checked out some time in November. Not sure what the condition is, and nothing I've tried to treat it has worked. Though it hasn't caused me any further complications yet, so I'm not to worried about having to wait another four months to get it checked out. It just causes the skin in the affected area to get extremely dried out and when it gets really bad, it'll cause a lot of cracks in my skin that can be painful, but I usually just cover those spots with bandages to keep anything from directly touching those spots on my hand, and also to keep them covered from dirt and such.

Of course for all I know, not getting this taken care of could be causing irreversible damage to my skin/hand, but that's an issue I'll worry about if/when it comes to that. For now it's just a minor annoyance when my skin cracks from it, and nothing more.

I've also never gotten a physical or anything, or done any regular testing of any sort, so for all I know I could have like 10 different types of cancer and not even know it. I'm the type of "if I'm not dying, I don't need to go in" person.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Hmm, my mum had that sort of thing happen to the skin on her hands and I figured it was probably because she did a lot of housework without gloves where soaps and chemicals were involved, but I expect that isn't the reason for your case. I had really bad eczema on my wrist in my last job because the chemicals in the cardboard would get onto my skin when the boxes were wet (which was common when working frozen food) and nothing helped me until I took vacations or left the job so that I was having prolonged time away from the stuff so that my skin could recover. It also didn't happen for me right away on the job, so at first I didn't realise it was that because I'd been fine for a long time beforehand doing the same work. Maybe there was something you did regularly at your old job with that hand that maybe started to agitate it?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Hmm, my mum had that sort of thing happen to the skin on her hands and I figured it was probably because she did a lot of housework without gloves where soaps and chemicals were involved, but I expect that isn't the reason for your case. I had really bad eczema on my wrist in my last job because the chemicals in the cardboard would get onto my skin when the boxes were wet (which was common when working frozen food) and nothing helped me until I took vacations or left the job so that I was having prolonged time away from the stuff so that my skin could recover. It also didn't happen for me right away on the job, so at first I didn't realise it was that because I'd been fine for a long time beforehand doing the same work. Maybe there was something you did regularly at your old job with that hand that maybe started to agitate it?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
It really just sounds like dermatitis, or eczema. I've had that my whole life and it sucks. Might need topical steroids to kill it if over the counter stuff won't help. The most you could do is use something like Aquaphor to drown it in moisture.

Still, y'all men are something else. If you got the insurance for it (I understand you don't right now DL), fuckin use it. Wasting money each month otherwise. Rolleyes
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
It really just sounds like dermatitis, or eczema. I've had that my whole life and it sucks. Might need topical steroids to kill it if over the counter stuff won't help. The most you could do is use something like Aquaphor to drown it in moisture.

Still, y'all men are something else. If you got the insurance for it (I understand you don't right now DL), fuckin use it. Wasting money each month otherwise. Rolleyes
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 22nd, 2021, 05:01 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
My insurance isn't costing me anything so I'm not wasting money. I'm wasting free money which is even stupider! Wow

Although my headaches have actually gone today, and I'm wondering if it may have been allergies since I took a pill for that this morning and have felt fine since it kicked in. Rolleyes

I have so much stuff I could do and I'm just feeling lazy to do any of it. Someone kick me up the arse please. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 22nd, 2021, 05:01 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
My insurance isn't costing me anything so I'm not wasting money. I'm wasting free money which is even stupider! Wow

Although my headaches have actually gone today, and I'm wondering if it may have been allergies since I took a pill for that this morning and have felt fine since it kicked in. Rolleyes

I have so much stuff I could do and I'm just feeling lazy to do any of it. Someone kick me up the arse please. Tongue
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
This job is going to kill me...

I have to work the day shift for training for the next two weeks, and all the shifts are 9-5 (with one 9-4 and one 10-6 mixed in there). Now, while the hours themselves aren't the problem (I worked 10 hour shifts at previous jobs multiple times), it's the fact that I have to get up at like 7 AM every morning so I have enough time to wake up a little bit, get ready, and then drive the 30 minutes to work to be there at 9.

Now for any normal human being this isn't a problem, but for someone like me who craves staying up into the wee hours of the night and sleeping until late in the afternoon, this makes for a very hellish two weeks. Pray for my poor, unfortunate, having to wake up at a time that normal human beings wake up for once soul.

Okay, dramatics aside, this really will be a rough two weeks for me, haha. I mean, I knew it was coming beforehand, but now that I actually have to be up that early and shit, I'm just in eternal inner suffering.

And of course it had to start right when Inazuma released in Genshin, so I've had hardly any time to play it and make any progress. Plus IDOLM@STER collab just started in Azur Lane and new event coming up in Arknights. Pain peko.

At least I was able to be secure the 28th off so that I could have the entire day to binge play NieR Reincarnation when it releases that day lel

On the bright side, I get free coffee/cappuccino the entire time I'm working! If only I drank coffee though and if cappuccino didn't run such a high risk of upsetting my stomach. Sadge.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
This job is going to kill me...

I have to work the day shift for training for the next two weeks, and all the shifts are 9-5 (with one 9-4 and one 10-6 mixed in there). Now, while the hours themselves aren't the problem (I worked 10 hour shifts at previous jobs multiple times), it's the fact that I have to get up at like 7 AM every morning so I have enough time to wake up a little bit, get ready, and then drive the 30 minutes to work to be there at 9.

Now for any normal human being this isn't a problem, but for someone like me who craves staying up into the wee hours of the night and sleeping until late in the afternoon, this makes for a very hellish two weeks. Pray for my poor, unfortunate, having to wake up at a time that normal human beings wake up for once soul.

Okay, dramatics aside, this really will be a rough two weeks for me, haha. I mean, I knew it was coming beforehand, but now that I actually have to be up that early and shit, I'm just in eternal inner suffering.

And of course it had to start right when Inazuma released in Genshin, so I've had hardly any time to play it and make any progress. Plus IDOLM@STER collab just started in Azur Lane and new event coming up in Arknights. Pain peko.

At least I was able to be secure the 28th off so that I could have the entire day to binge play NieR Reincarnation when it releases that day lel

On the bright side, I get free coffee/cappuccino the entire time I'm working! If only I drank coffee though and if cappuccino didn't run such a high risk of upsetting my stomach. Sadge.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Well, this is annoying.

So I'm editing part 2 of the Lost Odyssey rant, and I keep getting frame rate drops in the preview no matter what I do. This would be fine if I ever had this exact problem with Part 1, which I did not! I've tried reinstalling, I've tried all the lag reduction tips online, and I can't get it working! This won't affect the final product, but it does mean that I won't really know how it looks and sounds until I finish and render the bastard!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Well, this is annoying.

So I'm editing part 2 of the Lost Odyssey rant, and I keep getting frame rate drops in the preview no matter what I do. This would be fine if I ever had this exact problem with Part 1, which I did not! I've tried reinstalling, I've tried all the lag reduction tips online, and I can't get it working! This won't affect the final product, but it does mean that I won't really know how it looks and sounds until I finish and render the bastard!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 239 43,440 7 hours ago
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 21,520 Yesterday, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 62,128 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 49,029 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 41,695 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM