Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
it's exactly that. the entire staff is completely new and so need training and the store manager there just doesn't train well at all lol. he's one of those managers that needs an ASM to delegate training and things like that too while I'm way more hands on.

after store manager is DM lol. without my bonuses, I make $59,600 and the max for store managers is $63,000. I get a 2% raise every year sooo in three years, I'll hit that max and probably start moving forward with a DM position. right now, I get monthly, quarterly, and annual bonuses depending on the performance of the store and I'm currently beating all the metrics. I might break $70k this year
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
it's exactly that. the entire staff is completely new and so need training and the store manager there just doesn't train well at all lol. he's one of those managers that needs an ASM to delegate training and things like that too while I'm way more hands on.

after store manager is DM lol. without my bonuses, I make $59,600 and the max for store managers is $63,000. I get a 2% raise every year sooo in three years, I'll hit that max and probably start moving forward with a DM position. right now, I get monthly, quarterly, and annual bonuses depending on the performance of the store and I'm currently beating all the metrics. I might break $70k this year
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Ah, so your goal is to get the max pay of a manager before going up to DM. Your earlier post made me think that you didn't want to be promoted to DM at all and you were aiming for a different position. Whistle
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Ah, so your goal is to get the max pay of a manager before going up to DM. Your earlier post made me think that you didn't want to be promoted to DM at all and you were aiming for a different position. Whistle
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
oh i prefer a different position altogether. you were right. I want to go into training. I'm the one all the managers and even DMs call for anything operational. so that's my goal but there hasn't been openings in years so I might do what my trainer did. he became a DM and was only in the position for half a year before being moved into training.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
oh i prefer a different position altogether. you were right. I want to go into training. I'm the one all the managers and even DMs call for anything operational. so that's my goal but there hasn't been openings in years so I might do what my trainer did. he became a DM and was only in the position for half a year before being moved into training.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, I see. Do trainers get paid less than a DM though? Just wondering what would happen if you got paid more as a DM but then went into training if you'd take a pay cut at all or not.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, I see. Do trainers get paid less than a DM though? Just wondering what would happen if you got paid more as a DM but then went into training if you'd take a pay cut at all or not.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
yeah they do but there are other perks. M-F 7a-3p schedule, only needing to train 4-5 managers/franchisees at a time. it's not much less than a DM either. And it isn't totally about the money. I make more than enough now. I'm just patient and willing to maximize my salary while others jumped right in.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
yeah they do but there are other perks. M-F 7a-3p schedule, only needing to train 4-5 managers/franchisees at a time. it's not much less than a DM either. And it isn't totally about the money. I make more than enough now. I'm just patient and willing to maximize my salary while others jumped right in.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah I get you, make more money doing less rather than doing what everyone else did and just piling on more work to get a pay increase. That training position sounds sweet though, especially since you get weekends off and don't work awful hours either. Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah I get you, make more money doing less rather than doing what everyone else did and just piling on more work to get a pay increase. That training position sounds sweet though, especially since you get weekends off and don't work awful hours either. Grin
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Right?! sounds so awesome. I really need it to open up. it's been a while since I've actually enjoyed my job enough to have future plans. last two were duds.

What about you? what future endeavors do you have?
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Right?! sounds so awesome. I really need it to open up. it's been a while since I've actually enjoyed my job enough to have future plans. last two were duds.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 3rd, 2021, 05:10 AM)Monocle Wrote:

What were the duds? Sad

Hopefully I'll be able to get a career in graphic design like @ShiraNoMai already has. I just started at the university where I'll get the degree for it so hopefully it won't be too much longer before I finally get it. I originally went for it back in 2009 but it didn't work out well for me at the time. Glare

I'm wondering how quickly I'm going to regret playing Sekiro when my right arm is sore from the contrast I had to have for my MRI today. ROFL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 3rd, 2021, 05:10 AM)Monocle Wrote:

What were the duds? Sad

Hopefully I'll be able to get a career in graphic design like @ShiraNoMai already has. I just started at the university where I'll get the degree for it so hopefully it won't be too much longer before I finally get it. I originally went for it back in 2009 but it didn't work out well for me at the time. Glare

I'm wondering how quickly I'm going to regret playing Sekiro when my right arm is sore from the contrast I had to have for my MRI today. ROFL
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
@Moonface

Burlington and Modell's, which was a. northeast chain.

That's awesome! you got this! Anything that doesn't work out is just experience to work it out next time! Took me years to get to where I'm at and be satisfied with everything. you'll get there!
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
@Moonface

Burlington and Modell's, which was a. northeast chain.

That's awesome! you got this! Anything that doesn't work out is just experience to work it out next time! Took me years to get to where I'm at and be satisfied with everything. you'll get there!
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah I got high faith in him, too. My dumb luck landed me this job I've had for... 6 years as of next Wednesday. Crazy to think about. Was convinced I was going to be another college grad endlessly looking for jobs that weren't there.

Also Burlington, as in Burlington Coat Factory? XD Man. I believe in you, too, monocle. I think you'll land that position very soon, so be patient! I gotz the faith and sending positive vibes your way! ^_^
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah I got high faith in him, too. My dumb luck landed me this job I've had for... 6 years as of next Wednesday. Crazy to think about. Was convinced I was going to be another college grad endlessly looking for jobs that weren't there.

Also Burlington, as in Burlington Coat Factory? XD Man. I believe in you, too, monocle. I think you'll land that position very soon, so be patient! I gotz the faith and sending positive vibes your way! ^_^
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Yeah, Burlington Coat Factory lmao. The job itself wasn't difficult but upper management sure was. They actually killed our region and died our regional vice president, moved our regional HR manager to be distribution center HR, and gave our regional operations manager a position somewhere else. Upper management was that bad
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Yeah, Burlington Coat Factory lmao. The job itself wasn't difficult but upper management sure was. They actually killed our region and died our regional vice president, moved our regional HR manager to be distribution center HR, and gave our regional operations manager a position somewhere else. Upper management was that bad
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, we just finished up my sister's wedding. Can't remember if I ever mentioned it here. There was a slightly comedic moment where we didn't know when to leave, and had to be told by everyone else to go, but it went smooth otherwise.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, we just finished up my sister's wedding. Can't remember if I ever mentioned it here. There was a slightly comedic moment where we didn't know when to leave, and had to be told by everyone else to go, but it went smooth otherwise.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Thanks for the words of encouragement @Monocle! Grin

@Maniakkid25: If you did it was long enough ago that I forgot about it. I have no idea when someone should leave a wedding since the only one I've been to is my own, but anyone still there when it ended just left with us. LOL
How was the rest of the wedding? Smile

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Thanks for the words of encouragement @Monocle! Grin

@Maniakkid25: If you did it was long enough ago that I forgot about it. I have no idea when someone should leave a wedding since the only one I've been to is my own, but anyone still there when it ended just left with us. LOL
How was the rest of the wedding? Smile
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
It was good. The party went until 9, and I had to stay the entire time since I was, well, one of the bride's brother. Thankfully, that was the point that the catering kicked us out. Doesn't change the fact that I'm stuck in Philly until Monday. That's the part that sucks about this.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
It was good. The party went until 9, and I had to stay the entire time since I was, well, one of the bride's brother. Thankfully, that was the point that the catering kicked us out. Doesn't change the fact that I'm stuck in Philly until Monday. That's the part that sucks about this.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh it's not in Florida? I just assumed it was. XD
You doing anything else while you're over there like seeing any sights or something?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh it's not in Florida? I just assumed it was. XD
You doing anything else while you're over there like seeing any sights or something?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 239 43,475 Yesterday, 03:28 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 21,527 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 62,181 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 49,043 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 41,700 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM