Universal Chat Thread
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,671
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I tried putting information from shop.tcgplayer into Excel to try and add up all the prices really quickly, but I couldn't get it to work. >.<
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,671 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I tried putting information from shop.tcgplayer into Excel to try and add up all the prices really quickly, but I couldn't get it to work. >.<
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Oof, TCG shenanigans. I find it amusing how much of a resurgence it has gotten lately, what with the demand for Pokemon cards at an all-time high since inception, the influx of deck-building type videogames being made, and then some.

Hoping for an easy weekend. Work was a little rough to readapt to this week (not helped by my PC finally expelling its last breath and needing a replacement) and I miss the comforts of vacation time already ROFL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Oof, TCG shenanigans. I find it amusing how much of a resurgence it has gotten lately, what with the demand for Pokemon cards at an all-time high since inception, the influx of deck-building type videogames being made, and then some.

Hoping for an easy weekend. Work was a little rough to readapt to this week (not helped by my PC finally expelling its last breath and needing a replacement) and I miss the comforts of vacation time already ROFL
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think virtual card games are better than physical from a gameplay standpoint, because it's far easier to get a player base in a virtual game than a physical one when everyone can play together regardless of location, and anything like trading and such can also be done easier when it's all digital. Plus the game itself can teach the rules whereas physical card games rely on the player to read everything and figure it out that way without necessarily having a live hands-on tutorial like a digital game can offer.

I have finally finished my new avatar and signature set! I told myself I'd do it months ago and I finally got it done. Grin
My favourite thing with it is I can change it by season and every new season or event lets me dress my little Phoggies up with new hats. ^_^

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think virtual card games are better than physical from a gameplay standpoint, because it's far easier to get a player base in a virtual game than a physical one when everyone can play together regardless of location, and anything like trading and such can also be done easier when it's all digital. Plus the game itself can teach the rules whereas physical card games rely on the player to read everything and figure it out that way without necessarily having a live hands-on tutorial like a digital game can offer.

I have finally finished my new avatar and signature set! I told myself I'd do it months ago and I finally got it done. Grin
My favourite thing with it is I can change it by season and every new season or event lets me dress my little Phoggies up with new hats. ^_^
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I wouldn't put it past Bandai Namco to EVENTUALLY make a Digimon TCG video game; the cards have been selling hot, with or without shady dealings, and people are playing at events and the like. It's just that the game literally released last year, so there may be a game in development that we just don't know about yet. Time will tell. What I do know is there is a mobile tutorial app to teach the game, so they already have a base to develop on, and Tabletop Simulator players have made, like, 20 different mods of the game lol.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I wouldn't put it past Bandai Namco to EVENTUALLY make a Digimon TCG video game; the cards have been selling hot, with or without shady dealings, and people are playing at events and the like. It's just that the game literally released last year, so there may be a game in development that we just don't know about yet. Time will tell. What I do know is there is a mobile tutorial app to teach the game, so they already have a base to develop on, and Tabletop Simulator players have made, like, 20 different mods of the game lol.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think it could be neat if they did a game that has the presentation of say Pokemon Stadium, but the fights are done through a card game system. No idea if it would actually work because I don't know the intricacies of how the card game works and I'm just assuming it works a little similar to Pokemon with needing Y card to do X move or something.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I think it could be neat if they did a game that has the presentation of say Pokemon Stadium, but the fights are done through a card game system. No idea if it would actually work because I don't know the intricacies of how the card game works and I'm just assuming it works a little similar to Pokemon with needing Y card to do X move or something.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Actually, it plays more like Duel Masters. ...D-does anybody remember Duel Masters?

Although, technically, if you want a card game of Digimon with a sort of Gym set-up and stuff, it already exists: its called Digital Card Battle on the PSX, and it has nothing to do with any version of the card game, including Digimon World 3's!
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Actually, it plays more like Duel Masters. ...D-does anybody remember Duel Masters?

Although, technically, if you want a card game of Digimon with a sort of Gym set-up and stuff, it already exists: its called Digital Card Battle on the PSX, and it has nothing to do with any version of the card game, including Digimon World 3's!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
That's actually the first I've ever heard of it. I thought it was just a shorthand for a Yu-Gi-Oh entry but turns out I thought that because it's basically a clone of that franchise. XD

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
That's actually the first I've ever heard of it. I thought it was just a shorthand for a Yu-Gi-Oh entry but turns out I thought that because it's basically a clone of that franchise. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I played Duel Masters! It was one of the two card games I played in late elementary school (the other being YuGiOh) I think I still have those cards somewhere.. Hmm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I played Duel Masters! It was one of the two card games I played in late elementary school (the other being YuGiOh) I think I still have those cards somewhere.. Hmm
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
(Oct 29th, 2021, 11:30 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Yeah, no, Duel Masters came out in the mid-00's TCG Boom out of Japan, and it plays WAY differently than Yu-gi-oh. Instead of life points, you have shields, you have to sacrifice cards to be able to get resources to summon cards, and all sorts of other minor stuff. Digimon, while outright copying the shield system (they call it "security") and most of the combat system, it pretty much jettisons the summoning system of Duel Masters, replacing it with a pendulum-like "Memory" system that means that turns are fluid, lacking true "phases" and ending only when the player wants it to (or makes a mistake). This on top of drawing after digivolving at any point means that the tempo remains high. I have decked someone out just by steeling myself and riding the storm, and he burned through his deck because of the drawing after digivolve.

I've only played the video games (PS2 and GBA), so I have vague memories of how it works, but no real specifics to pin down, unfortunately.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
(Oct 29th, 2021, 11:30 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Yeah, no, Duel Masters came out in the mid-00's TCG Boom out of Japan, and it plays WAY differently than Yu-gi-oh. Instead of life points, you have shields, you have to sacrifice cards to be able to get resources to summon cards, and all sorts of other minor stuff. Digimon, while outright copying the shield system (they call it "security") and most of the combat system, it pretty much jettisons the summoning system of Duel Masters, replacing it with a pendulum-like "Memory" system that means that turns are fluid, lacking true "phases" and ending only when the player wants it to (or makes a mistake). This on top of drawing after digivolving at any point means that the tempo remains high. I have decked someone out just by steeling myself and riding the storm, and he burned through his deck because of the drawing after digivolve.

I've only played the video games (PS2 and GBA), so I have vague memories of how it works, but no real specifics to pin down, unfortunately.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I personally prefer Magic the Gathering or Yugioh for card games mainly because I have played those before. XD
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I personally prefer Magic the Gathering or Yugioh for card games mainly because I have played those before. XD
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think I ever actually played a card game. I collected Pokemon cards but never actually played a game with them. ROFL
The only "card" game I've played is Solitaire but that doesn't count in the context of TCG's. Tongue

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think I ever actually played a card game. I collected Pokemon cards but never actually played a game with them. ROFL
The only "card" game I've played is Solitaire but that doesn't count in the context of TCG's. Tongue
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah correction, you've never played a trading card game, just traditional ones Tongue They're fun to learn, and take forever to do on your first few matches, but once you get the hang of them, the strategy can be quite addicting. The ultimate turn-based game!

Been realizing how much of a fucking scam interest rates on mortgages are. Literally 50% of my monthly payments goes straight to the bank in interest. 20% is what I actually pay for the house with! I'd literally be paying 140% for my house if I decided to live out the full 30-year loan deal. What the actual fuck.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah correction, you've never played a trading card game, just traditional ones Tongue They're fun to learn, and take forever to do on your first few matches, but once you get the hang of them, the strategy can be quite addicting. The ultimate turn-based game!

Been realizing how much of a fucking scam interest rates on mortgages are. Literally 50% of my monthly payments goes straight to the bank in interest. 20% is what I actually pay for the house with! I'd literally be paying 140% for my house if I decided to live out the full 30-year loan deal. What the actual fuck.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Holy crap, 140%?! Screw that. Glad we didn't get that on our deal, even if it was just a part of the house we needed it for. I'd be paying 8k more otherwise. Or 12k if not for the first down payment.

Ah, I need to make a new set too, had this for too long now. Been meaning to. Moony, is your phoggy....phoggies(?) meant to be like a two-headed thing, and one end has come out as your avatar, goes into the board and the other side comes out your signature? XD

Darn working Sundays, making me think it's Monday instead but no, I still have to work tomorrow! Ooh, my CD arrived earlier than expected, and looking forward to Tuesday for Dune.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Holy crap, 140%?! Screw that. Glad we didn't get that on our deal, even if it was just a part of the house we needed it for. I'd be paying 8k more otherwise. Or 12k if not for the first down payment.

Ah, I need to make a new set too, had this for too long now. Been meaning to. Moony, is your phoggy....phoggies(?) meant to be like a two-headed thing, and one end has come out as your avatar, goes into the board and the other side comes out your signature? XD

Darn working Sundays, making me think it's Monday instead but no, I still have to work tomorrow! Ooh, my CD arrived earlier than expected, and looking forward to Tuesday for Dune.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 31st, 2021, 11:26 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Yeah, it's just the character from the main Phogs key art but split to have one end popping out into my avatar and the rest of it pops out into my signature. There's a demo of the game available on most platforms I think so if you want to see how the game is, give it a bash. Wink

I worked both days last weekend, and then today for this weekend, since I was covering my coworker. I wasn't originally scheduled for today and instead it was for yesterday, but I knew no one being on frozen today would be bad because it's truck day, so I switched my day in this weekend so as to not have the workload be put behind by a day.
What CD did you get by the way?

Speaking of things to look forward to, I can finally watch Muppet's Haunted Mansion tonight! Grin
I'm sure the instant I put it on all the trick or treaters will suddenly spawn into existence, especially since so far not a soul has knocked on our door. I need to take some photos of how we decorated the house this year and share them. ^_^

What's everyone else doing on this Halloween night?
Oh, saying that, Happy Halloween everybody! Wow

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 31st, 2021, 11:26 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Yeah, it's just the character from the main Phogs key art but split to have one end popping out into my avatar and the rest of it pops out into my signature. There's a demo of the game available on most platforms I think so if you want to see how the game is, give it a bash. Wink

I worked both days last weekend, and then today for this weekend, since I was covering my coworker. I wasn't originally scheduled for today and instead it was for yesterday, but I knew no one being on frozen today would be bad because it's truck day, so I switched my day in this weekend so as to not have the workload be put behind by a day.
What CD did you get by the way?

Speaking of things to look forward to, I can finally watch Muppet's Haunted Mansion tonight! Grin
I'm sure the instant I put it on all the trick or treaters will suddenly spawn into existence, especially since so far not a soul has knocked on our door. I need to take some photos of how we decorated the house this year and share them. ^_^

What's everyone else doing on this Halloween night?
Oh, saying that, Happy Halloween everybody! Wow
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Happy late Halloween everyone!

I went virtual trick or treating in FFXIV it was interesting.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Happy late Halloween everyone!

I went virtual trick or treating in FFXIV it was interesting.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 44,956 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,196 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 62,890 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 50,035 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 42,556 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM