Universal Chat Thread
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
With four cats in the house, putting the PC on the floor is definitely not an option for me, haha. That thing would suck up so much cat hair in no time.

I briefly looked at desks before, but nothing in-depth. Though I think I have it narrowed down to two desks now.

This desk and this desk.

The choice mainly comes down to do I want one that's glass or wood. I definitely want an L shaped desk though. I want a two monitor set-up (maybe three in the future), plus my laptop and tablet to fit on the desk as well, along with my keyboard and everything else. Could also see myself putting one of my consoles up on the desk too, so I am going to want a lot of desktop space for my plans.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
With four cats in the house, putting the PC on the floor is definitely not an option for me, haha. That thing would suck up so much cat hair in no time.

I briefly looked at desks before, but nothing in-depth. Though I think I have it narrowed down to two desks now.

This desk and this desk.

The choice mainly comes down to do I want one that's glass or wood. I definitely want an L shaped desk though. I want a two monitor set-up (maybe three in the future), plus my laptop and tablet to fit on the desk as well, along with my keyboard and everything else. Could also see myself putting one of my consoles up on the desk too, so I am going to want a lot of desktop space for my plans.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Merry Christmas friends! I hope you are having a good one I just got back from my family gathering and I am a bit tired, but I had a good time!
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Merry Christmas friends! I hope you are having a good one I just got back from my family gathering and I am a bit tired, but I had a good time!
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Family gatherings can be exhausting. Lots of social energy we expend at one time.

Our family gathering last night was quite pleasant, minus the fact that a person attending was tested positive for COVID-19 this morning. We didn't interact with this person (she's not family and she was busy snogging with her boyfriend she brought with her) but still, annoyed to hear that we've been exposed like that.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Family gatherings can be exhausting. Lots of social energy we expend at one time.

Our family gathering last night was quite pleasant, minus the fact that a person attending was tested positive for COVID-19 this morning. We didn't interact with this person (she's not family and she was busy snogging with her boyfriend she brought with her) but still, annoyed to hear that we've been exposed like that.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
@Dragon Lord: I think the second desk is better because it doesn't block the space in the corner underneath like the first one does. I know you can still put stuff in there but it has the legs in the way which would annoy me. I'm surprised neither have a shelf on the corner for the tower to sit on though and instead just have it directly on the floor because that's an awful idea. XD

I forgot you had four cats (not that you had cats at all, just that it was four). What types are they again? I don't remember. ;w;
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
@Dragon Lord: I think the second desk is better because it doesn't block the space in the corner underneath like the first one does. I know you can still put stuff in there but it has the legs in the way which would annoy me. I'm surprised neither have a shelf on the corner for the tower to sit on though and instead just have it directly on the floor because that's an awful idea. XD

I forgot you had four cats (not that you had cats at all, just that it was four). What types are they again? I don't remember. ;w;
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I did end up going with the second desk. Mainly because I do not feel comfortable having a glass desk. Even if it's tempered glass, you never know what could happen to cause it to shatter and everything on it is in serious danger of major damage. I definitely do not plan to keep my tower on the floor though, haha. Either I'll put it on the corner or I'll have something next to my desk to put it on top of. I have a little file cabinet-like thing that I plan to store my games in, and that would be perfect to put next to this desk for the tower to sit on top of. Just depends on if I have the room for it after getting the desk set up.

I honestly couldn't tell you the breeds of my cats to save my life. Three of them are just your typical domestic short-haired cats (my oldest, Zoey, is a calico, that's about as much as I can tell you), and the fourth has longer fur (he's my fluffball). As I mentioned, Zoey is the oldest, followed by Leo (the long-haired one), and then the other two are brother and sister, named Emma and Eli.

I love all of my cats, but Emma is definitely my precious little babygirl. Whenever I'm giving her loves, I always semi-jokingly whisper to her, "Don't tell anyone, but you're my favorite." Not that I don't love my other cats a lot, but if I won a trip for two to somewhere, she'd be coming with me over everyone else, including my mother. It's that kind of situation with parents, where they love all of their children, but they definitely have a favorite child even if they won't admit it, haha.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I did end up going with the second desk. Mainly because I do not feel comfortable having a glass desk. Even if it's tempered glass, you never know what could happen to cause it to shatter and everything on it is in serious danger of major damage. I definitely do not plan to keep my tower on the floor though, haha. Either I'll put it on the corner or I'll have something next to my desk to put it on top of. I have a little file cabinet-like thing that I plan to store my games in, and that would be perfect to put next to this desk for the tower to sit on top of. Just depends on if I have the room for it after getting the desk set up.

I honestly couldn't tell you the breeds of my cats to save my life. Three of them are just your typical domestic short-haired cats (my oldest, Zoey, is a calico, that's about as much as I can tell you), and the fourth has longer fur (he's my fluffball). As I mentioned, Zoey is the oldest, followed by Leo (the long-haired one), and then the other two are brother and sister, named Emma and Eli.

I love all of my cats, but Emma is definitely my precious little babygirl. Whenever I'm giving her loves, I always semi-jokingly whisper to her, "Don't tell anyone, but you're my favorite." Not that I don't love my other cats a lot, but if I won a trip for two to somewhere, she'd be coming with me over everyone else, including my mother. It's that kind of situation with parents, where they love all of their children, but they definitely have a favorite child even if they won't admit it, haha.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That glass desk is very nice. My previous desk was a tempered glass one and I never had any issue with it, nor a fear of breaking. Even taking it up a flight of stairs, no issue. It's just heavy as fuck.
Glad you went with the other one, though, seems like it'll suit your needs pretty well.
If you want more desk space, though, you can buy a raised piece of glass or a specific tower stand to rest it on instead.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That glass desk is very nice. My previous desk was a tempered glass one and I never had any issue with it, nor a fear of breaking. Even taking it up a flight of stairs, no issue. It's just heavy as fuck.
Glad you went with the other one, though, seems like it'll suit your needs pretty well.
If you want more desk space, though, you can buy a raised piece of glass or a specific tower stand to rest it on instead.
Cory Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,255
(Dec 20th, 2021, 07:58 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Ah, I see. What do you do with the cards that aren't really worth much but you don't care for to keep?
I still keep them. I have 10 binders full of cards and multiple, different-sized boxes as well. 3 of the binders are massively huge and that's where all the lower rarity's that aren't in boxes remain, the 8 remaining binders are all the holographic cards. I still need to combine about 2 binders with my other binders, I've just never gotten around to it. If I'm ever in desperate need of money, I'll have a massive collection to sell.
Cory Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,255
(Dec 20th, 2021, 07:58 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Ah, I see. What do you do with the cards that aren't really worth much but you don't care for to keep?
I still keep them. I have 10 binders full of cards and multiple, different-sized boxes as well. 3 of the binders are massively huge and that's where all the lower rarity's that aren't in boxes remain, the 8 remaining binders are all the holographic cards. I still need to combine about 2 binders with my other binders, I've just never gotten around to it. If I'm ever in desperate need of money, I'll have a massive collection to sell.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Happy New Year everybody! Grin
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Happy New Year everybody! Grin
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yep, Happy New Year to all!

I got like 3 hours sleep as I had work this morning and barely awake now, so I must hit the sack before my body sleeps before I even get in there...
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yep, Happy New Year to all!

I got like 3 hours sleep as I had work this morning and barely awake now, so I must hit the sack before my body sleeps before I even get in there...
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Happy New Years everyone! I hope it'll be the best year yet for everyone!

I"m starting off the new year right by actually watching Inuyasha after all these years.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Happy New Years everyone! I hope it'll be the best year yet for everyone!

I"m starting off the new year right by actually watching Inuyasha after all these years.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yep, happy new year to you all! My goodness, I still remember our "2012: will it happen?" topic from way back when, and now it's ten years later XD

Inuyasha is a fun watch! Kinda hard to binge I imagine. I wound up having to read a lot of it by the end cuz I was tired of the plot going no where for so long. Then Kanketsu-hen came out, and I never finished it ROFL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yep, happy new year to you all! My goodness, I still remember our "2012: will it happen?" topic from way back when, and now it's ten years later XD

Inuyasha is a fun watch! Kinda hard to binge I imagine. I wound up having to read a lot of it by the end cuz I was tired of the plot going no where for so long. Then Kanketsu-hen came out, and I never finished it ROFL
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That what I"m worried about when things start to feel like they are taking forever I might look for some sorta episode list to tell me what filler and what not....which since its an old anime I'm assuming it full of it!
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That what I"m worried about when things start to feel like they are taking forever I might look for some sorta episode list to tell me what filler and what not....which since its an old anime I'm assuming it full of it!
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Man it's not even just that, it's also the Dragonball Z effect of "let's drag out this one thing for like a million episodes!" and that makes skipping around so hard. Still, it is a romp of a ride. Here's the filler guide if you want it. It includes Kanketsu-hen as well (which is all canon).

[Image: qqvS1uC.jpg]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Man it's not even just that, it's also the Dragonball Z effect of "let's drag out this one thing for like a million episodes!" and that makes skipping around so hard. Still, it is a romp of a ride. Here's the filler guide if you want it. It includes Kanketsu-hen as well (which is all canon).

[Image: qqvS1uC.jpg]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
No putting down Inuyasha even if it's for the amount of episodes or dragging out it may have done now. *shot* I suppose I had the patience of a saint then when I did as I've watched all the series and the movies. The main group is so endearing, I could sit through anything filler or not, and the only other long series I've done that with is Gintama. Grin Although unlike the latter I'm not sure if I could do that again with Inuyasha, but I haven't tried yet. Of course don't expect people to have the same taste as me, so do what you have to do. Inuyasha does sit in my Top 5 anime, although I haven't been on MyAnimeList for ages and may need to review some stuff. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
No putting down Inuyasha even if it's for the amount of episodes or dragging out it may have done now. *shot* I suppose I had the patience of a saint then when I did as I've watched all the series and the movies. The main group is so endearing, I could sit through anything filler or not, and the only other long series I've done that with is Gintama. Grin Although unlike the latter I'm not sure if I could do that again with Inuyasha, but I haven't tried yet. Of course don't expect people to have the same taste as me, so do what you have to do. Inuyasha does sit in my Top 5 anime, although I haven't been on MyAnimeList for ages and may need to review some stuff. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Nah that's a totally valid opinion. The cast is very wholesome. I suppose pacing for me matters these days cuz I don't have time to be wasting like that anymore, but I used to watch this back when it aired on TV on Toonami before school started at like 5:30 AM ROFL Lots of nostalgia fuel for me to think about. My mom absolutely adores the series as well. She even got Inuyasha car seat covers XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Nah that's a totally valid opinion. The cast is very wholesome. I suppose pacing for me matters these days cuz I don't have time to be wasting like that anymore, but I used to watch this back when it aired on TV on Toonami before school started at like 5:30 AM ROFL Lots of nostalgia fuel for me to think about. My mom absolutely adores the series as well. She even got Inuyasha car seat covers XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 239 43,475 Today, 03:28 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 21,527 Yesterday, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 62,181 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 49,043 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 41,699 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM