Universal Chat Thread
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(May 23rd, 2022, 04:56 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Hoping the sickness goes away. Seems your immune system is having quite the fight lately.

...and now I just thought of a new emote idea, great! Suffer
Yeah, I thought it had gone but judging how I've felt over the weekend and this morning it seems I still have it. Eh

I'm afraid that emotes must wait for at least 6+ months before they get made, per the standard displayed on the most recently added emotes. Whistle

Anyway, morning/afternoon folks! What plans do you have for the day/week? Or are you just like me and winging it? Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(May 23rd, 2022, 04:56 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Hoping the sickness goes away. Seems your immune system is having quite the fight lately.

...and now I just thought of a new emote idea, great! Suffer
Yeah, I thought it had gone but judging how I've felt over the weekend and this morning it seems I still have it. Eh

I'm afraid that emotes must wait for at least 6+ months before they get made, per the standard displayed on the most recently added emotes. Whistle

Anyway, morning/afternoon folks! What plans do you have for the day/week? Or are you just like me and winging it? Tongue
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Realized today that we're off next Monday for the holiday, so that means more work to do this week! Suffer

Boss and I are already planning my workload in preparation for our GDQ departure at the end of June. Might need to work some weekends to get it all done but Shrug
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Realized today that we're off next Monday for the holiday, so that means more work to do this week! Suffer

Boss and I are already planning my workload in preparation for our GDQ departure at the end of June. Might need to work some weekends to get it all done but Shrug
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I pretty much wing it every day. Not like I want to go much anywhere; I got my games at home lol.

So, yesterday was bulls***. On top of a ten-hour workday, I got asked to stay late, because the guy running the floor scrubber got pulled to help another department, and guess who's the only other person on the clock that knows how to run it?! And I was actually expecting this to happen, too!

Oh, and to top it all off: the guy I replaced? He got out before me. So...f***.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I pretty much wing it every day. Not like I want to go much anywhere; I got my games at home lol.

So, yesterday was bulls***. On top of a ten-hour workday, I got asked to stay late, because the guy running the floor scrubber got pulled to help another department, and guess who's the only other person on the clock that knows how to run it?! And I was actually expecting this to happen, too!

Oh, and to top it all off: the guy I replaced? He got out before me. So...f***.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
^^^ And that is why I hated closing shifts. There's just too many things that can happen that suddenly add an extra number of hours onto an already late ending shift compared to anything pre-closing which generally guarantees you leave at your scheduled time.

On the subject of work, I found out today that my store is cutting every part timers hours down to no more than 15 a week, with most expected to only get about 12. And then management wonders why the part timers just don't bother to care when they always get the bottom of the barrel. Rolleyes

Anyway, hope you're doing good today @Maniakkid25, and anyone else who reads this! Grin

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
^^^ And that is why I hated closing shifts. There's just too many things that can happen that suddenly add an extra number of hours onto an already late ending shift compared to anything pre-closing which generally guarantees you leave at your scheduled time.

On the subject of work, I found out today that my store is cutting every part timers hours down to no more than 15 a week, with most expected to only get about 12. And then management wonders why the part timers just don't bother to care when they always get the bottom of the barrel. Rolleyes

Anyway, hope you're doing good today @Maniakkid25, and anyone else who reads this! Grin
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah, the joys of cutting hours, or losing a colleague and never filling their spot. Good fun for those left or getting the cut, damn it all. Ah, no more pandemic, time to treat the lower staff like crap again then wonder why the store does poorly. FFFFFFFF---

Work's just been average for me, well, average that is what's been the norm since there being only four on our department. Booked holidays are coming up for each of those four too, yay!
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah, the joys of cutting hours, or losing a colleague and never filling their spot. Good fun for those left or getting the cut, damn it all. Ah, no more pandemic, time to treat the lower staff like crap again then wonder why the store does poorly. FFFFFFFF---

Work's just been average for me, well, average that is what's been the norm since there being only four on our department. Booked holidays are coming up for each of those four too, yay!
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
XP: 2,835
Hey hey hey! Just landed here. Hows it going?
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
Hey hey hey! Just landed here. Hows it going?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 24th, 2022, 10:52 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Well Maniak didn't lose a colleague in the sense they left the job, they just got borrowed elsewhere which screwed him over (which I'm sure you're aware of with home shopping in your job XD).
Yeah, work is rather uneventful for me too since it's the quiet season for us, hence the hour cuts. Did have yet another shift where I got questioned about not doing things, which some was true but it also included things I did do, but at this point I'm not going to care about others assuming incorrectly on what I do. The things I genuinely messed up on is fine, I can admit to that and take it on board, but with the rest if me saying I did it isn't good enough I don't care to argue it anymore. I know I did it and that's all that matters to me because I got sick of being bothered by it every single week. Tongue

(May 24th, 2022, 11:56 PM)Nebulous Wrote:
Hey hey hey! Just landed here.  Hows it going?
Hi Neb! How's your day been? Smile

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 24th, 2022, 10:52 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Well Maniak didn't lose a colleague in the sense they left the job, they just got borrowed elsewhere which screwed him over (which I'm sure you're aware of with home shopping in your job XD).
Yeah, work is rather uneventful for me too since it's the quiet season for us, hence the hour cuts. Did have yet another shift where I got questioned about not doing things, which some was true but it also included things I did do, but at this point I'm not going to care about others assuming incorrectly on what I do. The things I genuinely messed up on is fine, I can admit to that and take it on board, but with the rest if me saying I did it isn't good enough I don't care to argue it anymore. I know I did it and that's all that matters to me because I got sick of being bothered by it every single week. Tongue

(May 24th, 2022, 11:56 PM)Nebulous Wrote:
Hey hey hey! Just landed here.  Hows it going?
Hi Neb! How's your day been? Smile
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
All good in the hood! You?
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
All good in the hood! You?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Not too bad. I'm hanging out at the gym right now with my wife a.k.a. @ShiraNoMai because I was bored sitting at home. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Not too bad. I'm hanging out at the gym right now with my wife a.k.a. @ShiraNoMai because I was bored sitting at home. Tongue
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Gym can be pretty fun with a friend. Hoping to see you back at the gym more regularly, honestly :blush:

On the road towards finding a new job again. Gotta finish my rebrand, then update my resume. Considering doing a new business card on top of that to really sell it but we'll see. There's a job I'm eyeballing right now that I hope keeps until I get there. Monkas
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Gym can be pretty fun with a friend. Hoping to see you back at the gym more regularly, honestly :blush:

On the road towards finding a new job again. Gotta finish my rebrand, then update my resume. Considering doing a new business card on top of that to really sell it but we'll see. There's a job I'm eyeballing right now that I hope keeps until I get there. Monkas
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 26th, 2022, 04:08 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Is it a total rebrand or are you just doing an updated version of what you already had?

How is everyone? I'm somehow not dead on my feet after a third night in a row of restless sleep. Suffer
At least I don't think there's anything I need to do over the weekend apart from work tomorrow so I can try and get some proper rest in. Anyone else got weekend plans or a particular game or something they're gonna play/do? Smile

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 26th, 2022, 04:08 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Is it a total rebrand or are you just doing an updated version of what you already had?

How is everyone? I'm somehow not dead on my feet after a third night in a row of restless sleep. Suffer
At least I don't think there's anything I need to do over the weekend apart from work tomorrow so I can try and get some proper rest in. Anyone else got weekend plans or a particular game or something they're gonna play/do? Smile
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
A total rebrand. Oof I just realized I'll need a new domain now, dag :think: It'll be worth it, though. I've changed quite a bit in the 7 years since I've made that, so it makes sense that I reflect that in my brand, ya know?

Aside from working on that rebrand, gonna delve more into Pokemon LA more. Had Community Night in TTV dot com slash Shoujo's stream tonight and played some MK8 with the community. Fun stuff.
Gonna see my momma on Monday for some Memorial Day hangouts. So glad it's a three day weekend; I've been dying for a long weekend for ages Nooo
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
A total rebrand. Oof I just realized I'll need a new domain now, dag :think: It'll be worth it, though. I've changed quite a bit in the 7 years since I've made that, so it makes sense that I reflect that in my brand, ya know?

Aside from working on that rebrand, gonna delve more into Pokemon LA more. Had Community Night in TTV dot com slash Shoujo's stream tonight and played some MK8 with the community. Fun stuff.
Gonna see my momma on Monday for some Memorial Day hangouts. So glad it's a three day weekend; I've been dying for a long weekend for ages Nooo
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Nothing like paying $50 to watch a wrestling event via streaming only for the stream to die during every match so far. I was looking forward to this but right now I'm almost tuned out of caring about it anymore. Eh

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Nothing like paying $50 to watch a wrestling event via streaming only for the stream to die during every match so far. I was looking forward to this but right now I'm almost tuned out of caring about it anymore. Eh
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Hopefully if the stream kept dying for other people and it was reported to them, then people get their money back, because that sucks.

Working four days in a row isn't too bad, I've done more but I'm just looking forward to the end of my shift today so I can enjoy a full day off tomorrow.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Hopefully if the stream kept dying for other people and it was reported to them, then people get their money back, because that sucks.

Working four days in a row isn't too bad, I've done more but I'm just looking forward to the end of my shift today so I can enjoy a full day off tomorrow.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 30th, 2022, 11:48 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

It was happening to everyone. At one point it was so bad even the announcers addressed it but it didn't seem to make Bleacher Report care to fix the stream. I'm going to watch the replay today but I'm still getting a refund even if I have to dispute the charge through my bank. I'm not giving $50 up to that shite. Errm

Any plans for your day off EL?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 30th, 2022, 11:48 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

It was happening to everyone. At one point it was so bad even the announcers addressed it but it didn't seem to make Bleacher Report care to fix the stream. I'm going to watch the replay today but I'm still getting a refund even if I have to dispute the charge through my bank. I'm not giving $50 up to that shite. Errm

Any plans for your day off EL?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 239 43,440 7 hours ago
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 21,520 Yesterday, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 62,128 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 49,029 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 41,695 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM