Universal Chat Thread
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,653
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Sep 23rd, 2022, 08:10 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Ah, the piece of paper that fell to the floor during the funeral. Too bad he didn't have a mic in his ear to tell him when the cameras weren't viewing that area so he or someone could pick it up. I sat there looking at it for a while, amused by it. LOL
I suspect even without the cameras he wouldn't have been allowed to step out of place to pick it up.

My nose hasn't bled since last time I mentioned it, and as for the clot discussion you and Frank were having I didn't get any clots that I had to get out. Just a bit paranoid still whenever my left nostril runs that it might actually be blood. XD

(Sep 24th, 2022, 06:59 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
So Florida has a (predicted) hurricane heading its way, and I'm in a mandatory evacuation zone. So, I'm expecting all of my shtuff to end up being destroyed. No, I don't have any place safe I can move it to, and no I can't pack it with me. That'll take took much space in the car, and this is the same f***ing family that told me THE DAY BEFORE WE MOVED that I needed to have room in my car for their stuff. Because it's not like the last one took 4 trips for me to move all my stuff OH WAIT, YES IT DID!

I FUCKING HATE YOU, DAD!
And let me guess, your car has to have room for their shit while you get no space? Rolleyes
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,653 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Sep 23rd, 2022, 08:10 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Ah, the piece of paper that fell to the floor during the funeral. Too bad he didn't have a mic in his ear to tell him when the cameras weren't viewing that area so he or someone could pick it up. I sat there looking at it for a while, amused by it. LOL
I suspect even without the cameras he wouldn't have been allowed to step out of place to pick it up.

My nose hasn't bled since last time I mentioned it, and as for the clot discussion you and Frank were having I didn't get any clots that I had to get out. Just a bit paranoid still whenever my left nostril runs that it might actually be blood. XD

(Sep 24th, 2022, 06:59 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
So Florida has a (predicted) hurricane heading its way, and I'm in a mandatory evacuation zone. So, I'm expecting all of my shtuff to end up being destroyed. No, I don't have any place safe I can move it to, and no I can't pack it with me. That'll take took much space in the car, and this is the same f***ing family that told me THE DAY BEFORE WE MOVED that I needed to have room in my car for their stuff. Because it's not like the last one took 4 trips for me to move all my stuff OH WAIT, YES IT DID!

I FUCKING HATE YOU, DAD!
And let me guess, your car has to have room for their shit while you get no space? Rolleyes
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,819
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Oh, you can bet money that's the case! As much as my dad doesn't like wasting his money, he sure doesn't seem to give a fuck about mine!
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,819 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Oh, you can bet money that's the case! As much as my dad doesn't like wasting his money, he sure doesn't seem to give a fuck about mine!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wonder what he would do when you move out and he no longer has your car to take advantage of. I know I sure as shit wouldn't be driving down to offer my car space even if I wasn't currently using mine after moving out from such a situation. Whistle

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wonder what he would do when you move out and he no longer has your car to take advantage of. I know I sure as shit wouldn't be driving down to offer my car space even if I wasn't currently using mine after moving out from such a situation. Whistle
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Hope y'all get to somewhere safe, though it looks like the track is moving further and further west so it might be a North Florida/Alabama problem. Regardless, being in an evac zone super sucks. Sad

Seems like it's gonna really mess up Western Cuba proper, though. Still a TS for now, but these waters do be getting warmer for it to undergo what's called "rapid intensification". Monkas
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Hope y'all get to somewhere safe, though it looks like the track is moving further and further west so it might be a North Florida/Alabama problem. Regardless, being in an evac zone super sucks. Sad

Seems like it's gonna really mess up Western Cuba proper, though. Still a TS for now, but these waters do be getting warmer for it to undergo what's called "rapid intensification". Monkas
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I know you can't really afford to have the argument, and unless "my" car is the only car being used, I would be telling my dad or whoever's ordering me to put their crap into my car, that it's my car, my stuff, I get to decide that shit not them (and maybe leave some room for them, just not all of it). I also get that's probably what you want to say too, but all hell will break loose. So man, just hope the hurricane doesn't hit the house then, and that you're safe. Sad

Also it's finally happened, my mother and sister tested positive for COVID. My sister's had it longer and has almost no symptoms, she only found out yesterday when my mum took tests to find out she's positive. She had what appeared to be a cold earlier, possibly even during the wedding which is almost holy frick levels, but seemed like it didn't spread to anyone else but my mum. Did take a test after the wedding, but she came up negative then, so not sure how she got positive with next to no symptoms a week later. She's also been going to work and has today, she works in a dinky cash office with one other person and they've been fine. I'm currently negative though with no symptoms and hope to stay that way.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I know you can't really afford to have the argument, and unless "my" car is the only car being used, I would be telling my dad or whoever's ordering me to put their crap into my car, that it's my car, my stuff, I get to decide that shit not them (and maybe leave some room for them, just not all of it). I also get that's probably what you want to say too, but all hell will break loose. So man, just hope the hurricane doesn't hit the house then, and that you're safe. Sad

Also it's finally happened, my mother and sister tested positive for COVID. My sister's had it longer and has almost no symptoms, she only found out yesterday when my mum took tests to find out she's positive. She had what appeared to be a cold earlier, possibly even during the wedding which is almost holy frick levels, but seemed like it didn't spread to anyone else but my mum. Did take a test after the wedding, but she came up negative then, so not sure how she got positive with next to no symptoms a week later. She's also been going to work and has today, she works in a dinky cash office with one other person and they've been fine. I'm currently negative though with no symptoms and hope to stay that way.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I get the feeling @Maniakkid25 doesn't "own" their car and at least some part of it is being paid for by his parents, so then you get the bullshit retort of "I pay for it so I get the say on how to use it" spiel. Even then, it'll just turn into "Well we let you live here" or "We give you this" blackmailing I expect so the only real out is to just get entirely the fuck out.
It's just stupid overall though, because for me that type of behaviour would just translate into said parent wondering why I don't care to help them much and dump their ass in a garbage care home when the time comes. Errm

Does your sister know where she caught the Covid from @Mr EliteL? I would guess Asda given she works there and is a prime place to get exposed, but at the same time I don't know anyone at my job who caught Covid and actually got it from being in the store. XD
I'd say just watch for a weird feeling in your throat. That's how it started for me and how I've heard it starts for most people. Hopefully you don't get it or if you do it isn't too bad. I personally hope I never catch it again since it made me feel so rough. Tongue

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I get the feeling @Maniakkid25 doesn't "own" their car and at least some part of it is being paid for by his parents, so then you get the bullshit retort of "I pay for it so I get the say on how to use it" spiel. Even then, it'll just turn into "Well we let you live here" or "We give you this" blackmailing I expect so the only real out is to just get entirely the fuck out.
It's just stupid overall though, because for me that type of behaviour would just translate into said parent wondering why I don't care to help them much and dump their ass in a garbage care home when the time comes. Errm

Does your sister know where she caught the Covid from @Mr EliteL? I would guess Asda given she works there and is a prime place to get exposed, but at the same time I don't know anyone at my job who caught Covid and actually got it from being in the store. XD
I'd say just watch for a weird feeling in your throat. That's how it started for me and how I've heard it starts for most people. Hopefully you don't get it or if you do it isn't too bad. I personally hope I never catch it again since it made me feel so rough. Tongue
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah, it's a shitty situation to be in. Just wish the parents/dad would consider playing it fairly instead of just saying "yeah the space in your car is for our stuff not yours" but something like "consider leaving some room for our stuff too when deciding what to bring with you". Then yeah, I'd limit my stuff to give room for them. I would already be thinking that too before they'd even ask.

She was just ill before the wedding, she was tired after her holiday, caught something like a cold, then the wedding happens, then with her defences already combatting the cold, COVID comes along. Although she already was getting better from the cold, which is why it was a surprise to see the result Sunday, she's still basically fine even now. Might've been work, but I haven't heard a lot of people getting covid, just a cold going around that I've avoided. So no clue, she did go somewhere the day after the wedding and after taking the test, so perhaps there.
My mum's getting better too, so no worries for her.

Ha, funny you mention the throat. I felt a funny taste yesterday after walking home from work, was fine all day, and don't feel anything now either. I'm taking a test tomorrow anyway to make sure I'm good for the potential 5-day work in a row I have coming up.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah, it's a shitty situation to be in. Just wish the parents/dad would consider playing it fairly instead of just saying "yeah the space in your car is for our stuff not yours" but something like "consider leaving some room for our stuff too when deciding what to bring with you". Then yeah, I'd limit my stuff to give room for them. I would already be thinking that too before they'd even ask.

She was just ill before the wedding, she was tired after her holiday, caught something like a cold, then the wedding happens, then with her defences already combatting the cold, COVID comes along. Although she already was getting better from the cold, which is why it was a surprise to see the result Sunday, she's still basically fine even now. Might've been work, but I haven't heard a lot of people getting covid, just a cold going around that I've avoided. So no clue, she did go somewhere the day after the wedding and after taking the test, so perhaps there.

Ha, funny you mention the throat. I felt a funny taste yesterday after walking home from work, was fine all day, and don't feel anything now either. I'm taking a test tomorrow anyway to make sure I'm good for the potential 5-day work in a row I have coming up.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 27th, 2022, 12:46 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Oh yeah for sure, it doesn't even have to be a case of "my car, my stuff only". Locking it out entirely either way is bad.

I wonder if her having a cold right before getting Covid made the symptoms less for her since her body was already fighting off a cold which has overlapping symptoms, which maybe allowed her body to fight the virus sooner than usual as there were already active defenses waiting to murder any intruders, rather than sitting idle and needing to be woken up to get to work. Hmm

Eh, doubt the funny taste has anything to do with it if it didn't persist or progress since yesterday. When my throat started feeling funky I was getting worse every hour until I outright knew I was coming down with something.

Ugh, I wish these tropical storms would go away. I had to drive in it multiple times today, and it rains so hard with such strong wind that an umbrella only barely managed to keep my upper body dry. My lower half was soaked, although fortunately that was on the way to my car after class so I was going straight home, so didn't have to deal with it for too long. It's just annoying because I think barring a couple of days, every time I have a class it rains during my drive to or from it ever since this semester started. Rolleyes

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh yeah for sure, it doesn't even have to be a case of "my car, my stuff only". Locking it out entirely either way is bad.

I wonder if her having a cold right before getting Covid made the symptoms less for her since her body was already fighting off a cold which has overlapping symptoms, which maybe allowed her body to fight the virus sooner than usual as there were already active defenses waiting to murder any intruders, rather than sitting idle and needing to be woken up to get to work. Hmm

Eh, doubt the funny taste has anything to do with it if it didn't persist or progress since yesterday. When my throat started feeling funky I was getting worse every hour until I outright knew I was coming down with something.

Ugh, I wish these tropical storms would go away. I had to drive in it multiple times today, and it rains so hard with such strong wind that an umbrella only barely managed to keep my upper body dry. My lower half was soaked, although fortunately that was on the way to my car after class so I was going straight home, so didn't have to deal with it for too long. It's just annoying because I think barring a couple of days, every time I have a class it rains during my drive to or from it ever since this semester started. Rolleyes
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just to let everyone know, @Maniakkid25 just got in touch with me to let me know that they're okay in the wake of Hurricane Ian. Their house sustained minimal damage, helped by the fact they didn't evacuate which allowed them and their family to deal with the front door almost coming off which if left unattended would have put the house at risk of internal damage.

They're not sure when they'll get a stable internet connection so they asked me to pass this on for them. Smile

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just to let everyone know, @Maniakkid25 just got in touch with me to let me know that they're okay in the wake of Hurricane Ian. Their house sustained minimal damage, helped by the fact they didn't evacuate which allowed them and their family to deal with the front door almost coming off which if left unattended would have put the house at risk of internal damage.

They're not sure when they'll get a stable internet connection so they asked me to pass this on for them. Smile
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah despite getting a direct hit as well, that's getting out of it pretty decent. I'm glad they're all OK despite all that happening. We're lucky to be on the opposite side of the state so we're not as effected. Just got beaten around a bunch last night from tornadoes from the feeder bands of the storm. Now it's just very windy outside.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah despite getting a direct hit as well, that's getting out of it pretty decent. I'm glad they're all OK despite all that happening. We're lucky to be on the opposite side of the state so we're not as effected. Just got beaten around a bunch last night from tornadoes from the feeder bands of the storm. Now it's just very windy outside.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Moonface Yeah that would've helped, my sister got negative on a test so she's good now too, just gotta wait for my mum to get better. I'm still fine as well which is good.

Dang that's lucky and great to hear Maniak is good and his house mostly OK.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Moonface Yeah that would've helped, my sister got negative on a test so she's good now too, just gotta wait for my mum to get better. I'm still fine as well which is good.

Dang that's lucky and great to hear Maniak is good and his house mostly OK.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Found a place with a decent signal. Hey, it's like they said, we got out of it okay. We lost our patio screen, but that was the worst of the damage. The winds tried to rip the front door off, and we had to brace it from the outside (which my dad did in, like, 70 mph gusts), and hold it closed from the inside until the storm mercifully died down. We got super unlucky, and we never went into the Eye, despite being hit with the Eyewall, so that sucked.

Right now, I got no power and internet, and no word on when I'll be getting it back. I was just listening to the radio, and I overheard them saying a lot of places have "permanently damaged" infrastructure, meaning they need to rebuild it instead of repair it, so I may be off the grid for a while, but the hard part's over now.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Found a place with a decent signal. Hey, it's like they said, we got out of it okay. We lost our patio screen, but that was the worst of the damage. The winds tried to rip the front door off, and we had to brace it from the outside (which my dad did in, like, 70 mph gusts), and hold it closed from the inside until the storm mercifully died down. We got super unlucky, and we never went into the Eye, despite being hit with the Eyewall, so that sucked.

Right now, I got no power and internet, and no word on when I'll be getting it back. I was just listening to the radio, and I overheard them saying a lot of places have "permanently damaged" infrastructure, meaning they need to rebuild it instead of repair it, so I may be off the grid for a while, but the hard part's over now.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Maniakkid25: I'm surprised your roof didn't take any damage if the wind was enough to almost rip the front door off. Gasp
I haven't seen many images of the aftermath anywhere yet; most I saw was videos of flooding while it was happening.

I really wonder why anyone chooses to retire in Florida. I get the weather is warm, but I would never risk my retirement moving to a location where everything I have could get fucked up by freak weather events. I'd rather move further inland somewhere that doesn't have the potential to rip apart my house or flood it. Errm

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Maniakkid25: I'm surprised your roof didn't take any damage if the wind was enough to almost rip the front door off. Gasp
I haven't seen many images of the aftermath anywhere yet; most I saw was videos of flooding while it was happening.

I really wonder why anyone chooses to retire in Florida. I get the weather is warm, but I would never risk my retirement moving to a location where everything I have could get fucked up by freak weather events. I'd rather move further inland somewhere that doesn't have the potential to rip apart my house or flood it. Errm
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Honestly, I'm kinda surprised, too. A lot of the houses around us had their roofs torn apart, but they still have their patio screens (albeit with most of the mesh ripped off). We got lucky; there was still a good 2.5-3 feet before we had water intrusion. Make no mistake; we were among the lucky ones. It is not pretty, what happened over here.

Also, among damage I didn't mention: our water line broke, so even when the water gets restored, we still have to fix our line. Once-in-a-generation storm, man. If we had evac'd, we wouldn't have a home anymore. That's not my paranoia; that door was about to blow open, and that would have been game over.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Honestly, I'm kinda surprised, too. A lot of the houses around us had their roofs torn apart, but they still have their patio screens (albeit with most of the mesh ripped off). We got lucky; there was still a good 2.5-3 feet before we had water intrusion. Make no mistake; we were among the lucky ones. It is not pretty, what happened over here.

Also, among damage I didn't mention: our water line broke, so even when the water gets restored, we still have to fix our line. Once-in-a-generation storm, man. If we had evac'd, we wouldn't have a home anymore. That's not my paranoia; that door was about to blow open, and that would have been game over.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, it was definitely a stroke of luck/fate that you guys stayed put to actually be present to protect the house. I guess if anything it lets you know in future that if you do choose to evac, you should barricade the front door like you're fortifying Fort Knox. Tongue
Sucks about the water line breaking, since if it had just been the screen door that isn't a terrible thing to get damaged and isn't urgent to get fixed up. I found out today that one of my grocery co-workers and their wife (who also works for grocery) both had their cars totaled by the hurricane from what I suspect was a tree (I only saw a single aftermath photo). Fortunately they're both fine and as far as I'm aware their house didn't get damaged.

I'm curious @Maniakkid25, does your house have any hurricane shutters or no? Unsure

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, it was definitely a stroke of luck/fate that you guys stayed put to actually be present to protect the house. I guess if anything it lets you know in future that if you do choose to evac, you should barricade the front door like you're fortifying Fort Knox. Tongue
Sucks about the water line breaking, since if it had just been the screen door that isn't a terrible thing to get damaged and isn't urgent to get fixed up. I found out today that one of my grocery co-workers and their wife (who also works for grocery) both had their cars totaled by the hurricane from what I suspect was a tree (I only saw a single aftermath photo). Fortunately they're both fine and as far as I'm aware their house didn't get damaged.

I'm curious @Maniakkid25, does your house have any hurricane shutters or no? Unsure

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 44,913 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,172 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 62,847 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 50,007 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 42,517 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM