Universal Chat Thread
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
XP: 2,847
(Nov 12th, 2022, 04:40 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
God I feel like you and everyone else also got today off. I don't remember people getting off Veteran's Day so much in the past as I do today LOL

I'm vibin'. Got a big weekend of chores to do ahead of me so relaxing before I tackle it all. Whatcha gonna do with your weekend, @Nebulous ?

A whole lot of nothing is what I did.  

Still got one more day of it, going out for pizza today. 

[Image: 200.gif]
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
(Nov 12th, 2022, 04:40 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
God I feel like you and everyone else also got today off. I don't remember people getting off Veteran's Day so much in the past as I do today LOL

I'm vibin'. Got a big weekend of chores to do ahead of me so relaxing before I tackle it all. Whatcha gonna do with your weekend, @Nebulous ?

A whole lot of nothing is what I did.  

Still got one more day of it, going out for pizza today. 

[Image: 200.gif]
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
Happy birthday Moonface!
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
Happy birthday Moonface!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, I just finished dealing with a clusterf***.

So, I have Ulcerative Colitis. Basically, my immune system is trying to turn my intestines to swiss cheese. So, I have medications to make sure that doesn't happen. One of these is an injection I can only get from a specialty pharmacy/chemist (for the Brits in the audience), and have to have it shipped to me. The first time I ordered it, it was too early. Understandable. I then had to call them to restart that order manually. Less understandable, but okay fine. Second one got stopped by Tropical Storm Nicole. Understandable. I was told that the order would be shipped to me when shipping resumed. What I was not told is that I would need to reinstate the shipping MANUALLY! OH, and my next date for injection is tomorrow. Understandably, I am just a little bit PISSED THE HELL OFF RIGHT NOW!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, I just finished dealing with a clusterf***.

So, I have Ulcerative Colitis. Basically, my immune system is trying to turn my intestines to swiss cheese. So, I have medications to make sure that doesn't happen. One of these is an injection I can only get from a specialty pharmacy/chemist (for the Brits in the audience), and have to have it shipped to me. The first time I ordered it, it was too early. Understandable. I then had to call them to restart that order manually. Less understandable, but okay fine. Second one got stopped by Tropical Storm Nicole. Understandable. I was told that the order would be shipped to me when shipping resumed. What I was not told is that I would need to reinstate the shipping MANUALLY! OH, and my next date for injection is tomorrow. Understandably, I am just a little bit PISSED THE HELL OFF RIGHT NOW!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Oof that's awful, Maniak both being diagnosed with that condition and the shipping screw ups which definitely isn't your fault. I take it the injection has an expiration like a couple days or on the day you receive it or something to be used within, so the early shipment could not be for tomorrow. Hope that can get sorted. Sad
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Oof that's awful, Maniak both being diagnosed with that condition and the shipping screw ups which definitely isn't your fault. I take it the injection has an expiration like a couple days or on the day you receive it or something to be used within, so the early shipment could not be for tomorrow. Hope that can get sorted. Sad
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Nov 16th, 2022, 03:43 PM)Nebulous Wrote:
Happy birthday Moonface!
Thank you! Grin

@Maniakkid25: Oof. Did you just get recently diagnosed with that? Sad
Also how often are the injections because the timeline of events you described makes it sound like it's less than every 4 weeks but maybe time just feels fast to me. XD 

Not that it's remotely anything on par to what you're dealing with when it comes to sorting out medications Maniak, but your story reminded me that I'm still waiting for my therapist to call me back because I need to sort out my ADHD medicine order with her. I saw her yesterday in person and told her the bottle I recently started on doesn't feel as efficient, and thought it was because I was taking generic instead of actual Adderall. Turns out I'm stupid and never got that refilled and have instead been taking the generic version of Ritalin which is what I used to take before switching to Adderall because it wasn't lasting long enough for me despite the dosages being the same on both of them.
When I called earlier to try and speak to her I also found out my insurance denied the order for brand name Adderall, but I don't need her to specifically order that for me now after finding out that the problem was that I was unknowingly taking a different medication. Whistle
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Nov 16th, 2022, 03:43 PM)Nebulous Wrote:
Happy birthday Moonface!
Thank you! Grin

Also how often are the injections because the timeline of events you described makes it sound like it's less than every 4 weeks but maybe time just feels fast to me. XD 

Not that it's remotely anything on par to what you're dealing with when it comes to sorting out medications Maniak, but your story reminded me that I'm still waiting for my therapist to call me back because I need to sort out my ADHD medicine order with her. I saw her yesterday in person and told her the bottle I recently started on doesn't feel as efficient, and thought it was because I was taking generic instead of actual Adderall. Turns out I'm stupid and never got that refilled and have instead been taking the generic version of Ritalin which is what I used to take before switching to Adderall because it wasn't lasting long enough for me despite the dosages being the same on both of them.
When I called earlier to try and speak to her I also found out my insurance denied the order for brand name Adderall, but I don't need her to specifically order that for me now after finding out that the problem was that I was unknowingly taking a different medication. Whistle
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
(Nov 16th, 2022, 06:07 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Did I not tell you guys this? I was diagnosed when I was 19. I've had it for over a decade, now! The medication is new, though. The injections are every 8 weeks. As long as its been kept refrigerated, it should have kept until it gets to me; I'm just annoyed because nobody told me I would have to restart the shipping manually!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
(Nov 16th, 2022, 06:07 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Did I not tell you guys this? I was diagnosed when I was 19. I've had it for over a decade, now! The medication is new, though. The injections are every 8 weeks. As long as its been kept refrigerated, it should have kept until it gets to me; I'm just annoyed because nobody told me I would have to restart the shipping manually!
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Maniakkid25 You could've possibly had mentioned it before but either I just didn't remember, or I just never knew about it. Ah so it's not all new bad news then, but of course still not good you have it. Should really be up to the other side to sort the shipment since they know you need the injection, but nah make the patient do it.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
@Maniakkid25 You could've possibly had mentioned it before but either I just didn't remember, or I just never knew about it. Ah so it's not all new bad news then, but of course still not good you have it. Should really be up to the other side to sort the shipment since they know you need the injection, but nah make the patient do it.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Maniakkid25: According to Shira you did mention this at the time you got diagnosed, so it looks like myself and EL just completely forgot. Doh

I'm hoping I'm not coming down with something because I woke up with a sore throat today that has yet to go away. If I do have anything though I just hope it isn't Covid again...

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Maniakkid25: According to Shira you did mention this at the time you got diagnosed, so it looks like myself and EL just completely forgot. Doh

I'm hoping I'm not coming down with something because I woke up with a sore throat today that has yet to go away. If I do have anything though I just hope it isn't Covid again...
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah he absolutely outlined his horrific time when he was getting his degree in college and ultimately having to drop because he kept needing to be out due to pain/troubles IIRC. Poor thing.

I also 1000% empathize with your medicine woes, Maniak. I deal with that almost quite literally EVERY time I have to deal with getting my Depo-Provera injection every 12 weeks. It never gets any easier and every time you try to find a way to automate the process, something ELSE gets in the fecking way to fuck it up. Why can't we just simply get the medicine to us on time without hassle?! >.<
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah he absolutely outlined his horrific time when he was getting his degree in college and ultimately having to drop because he kept needing to be out due to pain/troubles IIRC. Poor thing.

I also 1000% empathize with your medicine woes, Maniak. I deal with that almost quite literally EVERY time I have to deal with getting my Depo-Provera injection every 12 weeks. It never gets any easier and every time you try to find a way to automate the process, something ELSE gets in the fecking way to fuck it up. Why can't we just simply get the medicine to us on time without hassle?! >.<
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 18th, 2022, 06:43 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Why can't we just simply get the medicine to us on time without hassle?! >.<
Because money. Suffer

Speaking of money and how it can spoil things, I love how everyone and their mother on Twitter are acting like the place is going bye bye before the weekend is over because the offices got closed. Not that I don't think it'll die eventually with how things have been going but I doubt it'll be a quick death. I'd expect it to go out slowly from a lack of maintenance rather than the plug being pulled.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Why can't we just simply get the medicine to us on time without hassle?! >.<
Because money. Suffer

Speaking of money and how it can spoil things, I love how everyone and their mother on Twitter are acting like the place is going bye bye before the weekend is over because the offices got closed. Not that I don't think it'll die eventually with how things have been going but I doubt it'll be a quick death. I'd expect it to go out slowly from a lack of maintenance rather than the plug being pulled.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Welp, I finally got it in a day late. Thankfully, missing a dose by a day or two is not really anything to worry about, turns out. So, aside from changing my next injection due date, all is well.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Welp, I finally got it in a day late. Thankfully, missing a dose by a day or two is not really anything to worry about, turns out. So, aside from changing my next injection due date, all is well.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Maniakkid25: That's good to hear! Although can't you just keep the date of the next injection delivery to be a few days before you would need to actually take it so that way you have some leeway in case this happens again?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Maniakkid25: That's good to hear! Although can't you just keep the date of the next injection delivery to be a few days before you would need to actually take it so that way you have some leeway in case this happens again?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him

Ah damn that's when it was, time's gone flying by as usual. Doesn't seem that long ago too because I remember him having trouble back then but forgot the reason. Yeesh.

Still, also glad it worked even if it was a day or so out but still fine.

I'm just having fun with my aching arms after doing some weightlifting for once on Wednesday but didn't stretch so really feeling it two days later. Entirely my fault, I usually do so and being a very long gap since I did a session last, darn right I'd pay. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him

Ah damn that's when it was, time's gone flying by as usual. Doesn't seem that long ago too because I remember him having trouble back then but forgot the reason. Yeesh.

Still, also glad it worked even if it was a day or so out but still fine.

I'm just having fun with my aching arms after doing some weightlifting for once on Wednesday but didn't stretch so really feeling it two days later. Entirely my fault, I usually do so and being a very long gap since I did a session last, darn right I'd pay. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, gym workouts. If work wasn't so taxing I'd maybe still be going with Shira. Tongue

Our house looks like a bomb went off in it right now because we just had the entire downstairs painted, which means taking everything away from the walls. As the paint won't be dry until tomorrow that means we either live upstairs for the rest of the day or larp as a couple of earthquake victims. Suffer

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, gym workouts. If work wasn't so taxing I'd maybe still be going with Shira. Tongue

Our house looks like a bomb went off in it right now because we just had the entire downstairs painted, which means taking everything away from the walls. As the paint won't be dry until tomorrow that means we either live upstairs for the rest of the day or larp as a couple of earthquake victims. Suffer
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I miss my gym partner Cry

It has been largely reassembled and is so lovely looking now  =3 The house in general is so much brighter and clearer than before, mostly thanks to the ceiling repaint but also our new lighter color in places like the kitchen where the color nearly blended with the darker cabinets now stands out so brightly.

You don't notice how much a paint color can really affect a room's overall tone but once the change has been implemented, it's quite striking.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I miss my gym partner Cry

It has been largely reassembled and is so lovely looking now  =3 The house in general is so much brighter and clearer than before, mostly thanks to the ceiling repaint but also our new lighter color in places like the kitchen where the color nearly blended with the darker cabinets now stands out so brightly.

You don't notice how much a paint color can really affect a room's overall tone but once the change has been implemented, it's quite striking.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 44,986 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,228 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 62,923 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 50,059 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 42,579 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM