Universal Chat Thread
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Was the card the main thing it needed upgrading for or is it more for other improvements?
I also enjoy that I always remember the most mundane things while always forgetting more important stuff. ROFL
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Was the card the main thing it needed upgrading for or is it more for other improvements?
I also enjoy that I always remember the most mundane things while always forgetting more important stuff. ROFL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Jan 24th, 2023, 05:23 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
...My processor was mostly the issue that finally got them to really consider a fresh build; it was a 4000 series Intel (2012-2013 era?) that was just about on its way out.

The big complaint, that usually came from my boss, is that the computer was just too slow. I didn't typically find it that slow, if I'm honest, but during tasks where my boss would stand behind me for while doing, he'd notice the delay in the processes that I'd be enduring. Although in my opinion, that was just internet/connections to servers being slow, but I'm not gonna contest that Shrug
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
...My processor was mostly the issue that finally got them to really consider a fresh build; it was a 4000 series Intel (2012-2013 era?) that was just about on its way out.

The big complaint, that usually came from my boss, is that the computer was just too slow. I didn't typically find it that slow, if I'm honest, but during tasks where my boss would stand behind me for while doing, he'd notice the delay in the processes that I'd be enduring. Although in my opinion, that was just internet/connections to servers being slow, but I'm not gonna contest that Shrug
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I can read, honest... ;w;

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend, however eventful or otherwise it might be. Smile

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I can read, honest... ;w;

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend, however eventful or otherwise it might be. Smile
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Haha yeah, get them to upgrade your computer but sounded like it really needed it anyway, especially if you haven't had an upgrade for the 7 years.

I didn't do much for the weekend, had a late shift Saturday, yesterday did....nothing. Yup, fun.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Haha yeah, get them to upgrade your computer but sounded like it really needed it anyway, especially if you haven't had an upgrade for the 7 years.

I didn't do much for the weekend, had a late shift Saturday, yesterday did....nothing. Yup, fun.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The main thing I did yesterday was go with Shira and her mother to visit the grave of her father/husband (respectively) as it was the seven year anniversary of his passing. Kinda crazy to realise it was that long ago tbh. Errm
Can't really remember much else I did on the weekend that was of note and that feels like most of my weekends. LOL

I'm hoping this week is the first one where I finally start getting myself organized when it comes to handling tasks. I got this new app called Sectograph which basically lets you place tasks onto a clock so you can easily see how your day is divided up into different tasks: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...l=US&pli=1
Everything can be colour coded and set to notify you so you don't end up forgetting any of them. I know that a phone calendar can basically do this exact same thing but I find this breaks down a day way better. Also I find it funny one of the images in the store page for it shows "Collect the Mail" being assigned a two hour window. I'm going to assume that means do it in that time window and it doesn't actually take someone two hours to get their mail. ROFL

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The main thing I did yesterday was go with Shira and her mother to visit the grave of her father/husband (respectively) as it was the seven year anniversary of his passing. Kinda crazy to realise it was that long ago tbh. Errm
Can't really remember much else I did on the weekend that was of note and that feels like most of my weekends. LOL

I'm hoping this week is the first one where I finally start getting myself organized when it comes to handling tasks. I got this new app called Sectograph which basically lets you place tasks onto a clock so you can easily see how your day is divided up into different tasks: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...l=US&pli=1
Everything can be colour coded and set to notify you so you don't end up forgetting any of them. I know that a phone calendar can basically do this exact same thing but I find this breaks down a day way better. Also I find it funny one of the images in the store page for it shows "Collect the Mail" being assigned a two hour window. I'm going to assume that means do it in that time window and it doesn't actually take someone two hours to get their mail. ROFL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm glad you finally got it in motion. Wishing the best for you this week in terms of success ^_^

Yeah it certainly has been 7 whole years, huh? Time sure is a thing. It was good that I did it, I think. Needed that for myself to get over the guilt I was feeling.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm glad you finally got it in motion. Wishing the best for you this week in terms of success ^_^

Yeah it certainly has been 7 whole years, huh? Time sure is a thing. It was good that I did it, I think. Needed that for myself to get over the guilt I was feeling.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Today in "graphic design is my passion":
I really can't believe this is a real magazine cover for a company like Bloomberg. I honestly thought this was a joke until I saw it tweeted by Business Insider instead of just random accounts. ROFL

How is everybody doing this week? I hope you're all doing good and if not then I hope things pick up for you soon! ^_^

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Today in "graphic design is my passion":
I really can't believe this is a real magazine cover for a company like Bloomberg. I honestly thought this was a joke until I saw it tweeted by Business Insider instead of just random accounts. ROFL

How is everybody doing this week? I hope you're all doing good and if not then I hope things pick up for you soon! ^_^
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
God I still hate that, so much. I can't imagine what was going through the publisher's head to approve such a monstrosity. I feel sick looking at it.

Speaking of sick, dunno what happened, perhaps the Chinese food I ate was bad but it just did not sit right in my stomach two evenings ago. Was one of those things where your stomach just makes ALL the noise and you just know shit's gonna happen (literally). 3:30 AM I was up and every hour after that in the bathroom. Ugh. Took the majority of the day off and did a little work towards the end. I'll just count it as a day off, though, and get those hours I worked as overtime Whistle
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
God I still hate that, so much. I can't imagine what was going through the publisher's head to approve such a monstrosity. I feel sick looking at it.

Speaking of sick, dunno what happened, perhaps the Chinese food I ate was bad but it just did not sit right in my stomach two evenings ago. Was one of those things where your stomach just makes ALL the noise and you just know shit's gonna happen (literally). 3:30 AM I was up and every hour after that in the bathroom. Ugh. Took the majority of the day off and did a little work towards the end. I'll just count it as a day off, though, and get those hours I worked as overtime Whistle
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 3rd, 2023, 04:59 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I hadn't really paid attention to the what the cover story was and reading it now, it sounds like bullshit in all honesty and more like something designed to get people disputing it without reading it, and if they don't dispute that then they'll talk about the cover instead. Except for the whole controversy with Vince, I've heard nothing else about WWE having problems and the Vince problem isn't really putting the company into chaos when if anything him having to go out the door for a while has led to improvements within the company because his stubborn old arse isn't in charge and ignoring anyone who isn't a yes man. As for AEW, kinda unfair to claim a company is ascending when they're still young and naturally are going to see growth because if the direction of the company was opposite they'd probably be going under. Doesn't matter whether WWE is going up or down; acting like another wrestling company is going to ever pose a serious threat to them is like expecting Dreamworks to be a threat to Disney. Rolleyes

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 3rd, 2023, 04:59 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I hadn't really paid attention to the what the cover story was and reading it now, it sounds like bullshit in all honesty and more like something designed to get people disputing it without reading it, and if they don't dispute that then they'll talk about the cover instead. Except for the whole controversy with Vince, I've heard nothing else about WWE having problems and the Vince problem isn't really putting the company into chaos when if anything him having to go out the door for a while has led to improvements within the company because his stubborn old arse isn't in charge and ignoring anyone who isn't a yes man. As for AEW, kinda unfair to claim a company is ascending when they're still young and naturally are going to see growth because if the direction of the company was opposite they'd probably be going under. Doesn't matter whether WWE is going up or down; acting like another wrestling company is going to ever pose a serious threat to them is like expecting Dreamworks to be a threat to Disney. Rolleyes
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
XP: 2,835
(Jan 24th, 2023, 11:21 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Jan 24th, 2023, 02:55 AM)Nebulous Wrote:
Hey all, whats going on today?  Hope you have a great week!
Besides work and school, my main focus recently has been just trying to get myself into some state of organization because the tasks I need to do on a weekly basis lack any form of structure that allows me to get them done in a timely manner. How are you doing? Smile

I spent a good portion of my shift at work today setting up my new computer build that I was given! The first of its kind in my 7 year tenure at this job ROFL All my builds up until now have been just Frankenstein-ed bits and pieces of other machines around the office. My processor was mostly the issue that finally got them to really consider a fresh build; it was a 4000 series Intel (2012-2013 era?) that was just about on its way out. Now, I got a Ryzen 7 5600G with 64GB of RAM Wow I don't know why I need all that RAM, but I'm not complaining Shrug
To be fair weren't you supposed to get a new PC back in like 2021 but the lack of parts due to chip shortages meant it had to be postponed? Or am I thinking of something else?

Doing awesome!  Got to sleep in today Grin
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
XP: 2,835
(Jan 24th, 2023, 11:21 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Jan 24th, 2023, 02:55 AM)Nebulous Wrote:
Hey all, whats going on today?  Hope you have a great week!
Besides work and school, my main focus recently has been just trying to get myself into some state of organization because the tasks I need to do on a weekly basis lack any form of structure that allows me to get them done in a timely manner. How are you doing? Smile

I spent a good portion of my shift at work today setting up my new computer build that I was given! The first of its kind in my 7 year tenure at this job ROFL All my builds up until now have been just Frankenstein-ed bits and pieces of other machines around the office. My processor was mostly the issue that finally got them to really consider a fresh build; it was a 4000 series Intel (2012-2013 era?) that was just about on its way out. Now, I got a Ryzen 7 5600G with 64GB of RAM Wow I don't know why I need all that RAM, but I'm not complaining Shrug
To be fair weren't you supposed to get a new PC back in like 2021 but the lack of parts due to chip shortages meant it had to be postponed? Or am I thinking of something else?

Doing awesome!  Got to sleep in today Grin
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Me too, Nebulous! Always love my Saturday lie-in. After a long week, it's nice to be able to just comfortably wake up at your own pace. ^_^

I feel like I have so many things I want to do but can't quite parse any of them at this time. Ah well. Games it is Grin
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Me too, Nebulous! Always love my Saturday lie-in. After a long week, it's nice to be able to just comfortably wake up at your own pace. ^_^

I feel like I have so many things I want to do but can't quite parse any of them at this time. Ah well. Games it is Grin
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Oof, that cover on Bloomberg, didn't even know Bloomberg was a thing either. Eh, there's lots of things I don't know. XD

I was sort of following AEW for a bit earlier on YouTube but I've stopped doing that now after losing interest. True AEW is still young, WWE will have to bomb for anything to take over.

I get no Saturday lie-in unless I have that day off, do enjoy the Sunday lie-in though after three days including the long Saturday shift I usually do. Games for resting, yes. I need to grind today though.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Oof, that cover on Bloomberg, didn't even know Bloomberg was a thing either. Eh, there's lots of things I don't know. XD

I was sort of following AEW for a bit earlier on YouTube but I've stopped doing that now after losing interest. True AEW is still young, WWE will have to bomb for anything to take over.

I get no Saturday lie-in unless I have that day off, do enjoy the Sunday lie-in though after three days including the long Saturday shift I usually do. Games for resting, yes. I need to grind today though.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I never get a lie-in on Saturday's since I get up at 3am for work. Did get one today though so that was nice, although it would've been better to not wake up to a phone call finding out that yet again, my manager has decided to test my patience by questioning why I can't somehow get 10+ hours of work done in like, 4 hours. I swear the guy is never pleased nowadays. Rolleyes

Been feeling ill today ever since I went out to get breakfast this morning (well...didn't really eat that until like nearly 2pm by the time we were done waiting but still) so haven't done much today except exist on the couch. I hope it goes away by tomorrow. x.x

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I never get a lie-in on Saturday's since I get up at 3am for work. Did get one today though so that was nice, although it would've been better to not wake up to a phone call finding out that yet again, my manager has decided to test my patience by questioning why I can't somehow get 10+ hours of work done in like, 4 hours. I swear the guy is never pleased nowadays. Rolleyes

Been feeling ill today ever since I went out to get breakfast this morning (well...didn't really eat that until like nearly 2pm by the time we were done waiting but still) so haven't done much today except exist on the couch. I hope it goes away by tomorrow. x.x
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Frick that manager, I'd hate to be contacted at home. Always feels like they've never worked as a colleague in your position so never know how much time certain tasks can take, instead of just complaining why you haven't done enough.   Meh
May that feeling go away, hopefully has done by now.

Got a late shift today, hurrah but as cover and don't mind too much. Prefer working earlier though for sure.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Frick that manager, I'd hate to be contacted at home. Always feels like they've never worked as a colleague in your position so never know how much time certain tasks can take, instead of just complaining why you haven't done enough.   Meh

Got a late shift today, hurrah but as cover and don't mind too much. Prefer working earlier though for sure.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 6th, 2023, 12:31 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Oh well that's the best thing, the manager isn't the one who contacted me. They asked my coworker if they knew why I didn't get XYZ done, and when she didn't know had her call me to find out. He has never once actually voiced criticism or questions directly to me; he always goes through a middle-man. It's just the direction the company I work for is going nowadays though; they consistently expect more to be done with less. I just hate when anyone can be constantly doing their job tasks for an entire shift and all you hear at the end of it is "not good enough" or the sole focus is criticism like nothing you did was good. Last week I got questioned with a one-on-one meeting with my assistant manager who had to be the messenger that week, and now this week it's a phone call on my day off, and I've not had either of those happen before so that's just really tried my patience and it makes me find the overall thing stupid because I don't see how any manager can expect a worker to want to do a good job when that worker feels criticism is a guaranteed response. Like if everything I do isn't good enough whether I bust my ass or not then why would I want to continue busting my ass? May as well just work at a normal pace and save myself the fatigue. Rolleyes

As for feeling unwell, alas it did not go. I had it all through the night and ended up getting up at like 3am to play Elden Ring because I couldn't sleep. I hope it goes away by tonight because I don't really want to deal with going to work tomorrow feeling like this or dealing with the headache of whatever bullshit my manager will come out with if I call out. When it comes to work just leave me the heck alone to do my job, get my money, and go home. Tongue

As for late or early shifts, to me early everything is better, work or not. I like things out of the way early in my day so I can just chill for the rest of the day, plus if I have something at say, 3pm then my mind just decides there's no time to do anything in the day before that and so I just waste the whole day away waiting for 3pm to roll around. Suffer

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 6th, 2023, 12:31 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Oh well that's the best thing, the manager isn't the one who contacted me. They asked my coworker if they knew why I didn't get XYZ done, and when she didn't know had her call me to find out. He has never once actually voiced criticism or questions directly to me; he always goes through a middle-man. It's just the direction the company I work for is going nowadays though; they consistently expect more to be done with less. I just hate when anyone can be constantly doing their job tasks for an entire shift and all you hear at the end of it is "not good enough" or the sole focus is criticism like nothing you did was good. Last week I got questioned with a one-on-one meeting with my assistant manager who had to be the messenger that week, and now this week it's a phone call on my day off, and I've not had either of those happen before so that's just really tried my patience and it makes me find the overall thing stupid because I don't see how any manager can expect a worker to want to do a good job when that worker feels criticism is a guaranteed response. Like if everything I do isn't good enough whether I bust my ass or not then why would I want to continue busting my ass? May as well just work at a normal pace and save myself the fatigue. Rolleyes

As for feeling unwell, alas it did not go. I had it all through the night and ended up getting up at like 3am to play Elden Ring because I couldn't sleep. I hope it goes away by tonight because I don't really want to deal with going to work tomorrow feeling like this or dealing with the headache of whatever bullshit my manager will come out with if I call out. When it comes to work just leave me the heck alone to do my job, get my money, and go home. Tongue

As for late or early shifts, to me early everything is better, work or not. I like things out of the way early in my day so I can just chill for the rest of the day, plus if I have something at say, 3pm then my mind just decides there's no time to do anything in the day before that and so I just waste the whole day away waiting for 3pm to roll around. Suffer

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 239 43,474 Today, 03:28 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 21,526 Yesterday, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 62,181 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 49,041 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 41,698 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM