I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I am not ready for the hotter weather ;-;
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Me, eternally melting in a tropical perpetually hot location: Suffer

I'm looking forward to the evenings in Minneapolis where I can wear a light jacket. I haven't worn my jacket in ages it feels like. Anyway yay GDQ hype next weekend! Wow
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 

I'm looking forward to the evenings in Minneapolis where I can wear a light jacket. I haven't worn my jacket in ages it feels like. Anyway yay GDQ hype next weekend! Wow
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(May 23rd, 2023, 03:01 AM)Nebulous Wrote:
It gets way too hot where I am.  It's been a little warm lately but we ain't seen nothing yet!
Whereabouts do you live again Neb? Hmm

(May 23rd, 2023, 07:54 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
It is gradually getting warmer where I am but yeah I'm not looking forward to the heatwave Summer will bring, even if it can be short for the UK, I don't enjoy it. XD Warm sunny weather though, preferably with a brisk wind, yes plz.
Hot weather in the UK is always garbage because our houses lack air conditioning, so you just have to open a window, turn on a desk fan, and pray it's enough to not turn your mattress into a waterbed during the night with sweat. Suffer

(May 23rd, 2023, 11:53 PM)Karo Wrote:
Well look who decided to pop in! Do it more often! Tongue
How have you been since we all last saw you around these parts @Karo? ^_^

(May 24th, 2023, 05:06 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Oh please, we get at least a few weeks of decent temperatures. Florida winter can be equated to the UK getting a summer period for how long it stays around. Tongue

I'd be excited about wearing jackets if I didn't tend to wear one in my freezer at work every week. ROFL
Can't say I'm excited to be going to GDQ, not because I don't want to go, but rather I just seem to have a very difficult time getting excited about almost anything in life. Errm

@Maniakkid25: I doubt your situation has changed at all since you last shared it but I assume your PC is still kaput? Sad
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
It gets way too hot where I am.  It's been a little warm lately but we ain't seen nothing yet!

(May 23rd, 2023, 07:54 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
It is gradually getting warmer where I am but yeah I'm not looking forward to the heatwave Summer will bring, even if it can be short for the UK, I don't enjoy it. XD Warm sunny weather though, preferably with a brisk wind, yes plz.
Hot weather in the UK is always garbage because our houses lack air conditioning, so you just have to open a window, turn on a desk fan, and pray it's enough to not turn your mattress into a waterbed during the night with sweat. Suffer

(May 23rd, 2023, 11:53 PM)Karo Wrote:
Well look who decided to pop in! Do it more often! Tongue
How have you been since we all last saw you around these parts @Karo? ^_^

(May 24th, 2023, 05:06 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Oh please, we get at least a few weeks of decent temperatures. Florida winter can be equated to the UK getting a summer period for how long it stays around. Tongue

I'd be excited about wearing jackets if I didn't tend to wear one in my freezer at work every week. ROFL
Can't say I'm excited to be going to GDQ, not because I don't want to go, but rather I just seem to have a very difficult time getting excited about almost anything in life. Errm

@Maniakkid25: I doubt your situation has changed at all since you last shared it but I assume your PC is still kaput? Sad
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Yup, PC is just getting worse as it goes on. It actually gave me glitch artifacts when I turned on the TV one time, so I'm going to call this a lost cause and just get a new PC. Which is a slight problem, as I'm supposed to be saving my money for another big dollar purchase, and now need to figure out how I'm gonna buy both...
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Yup, PC is just getting worse as it goes on. It actually gave me glitch artifacts when I turned on the TV one time, so I'm going to call this a lost cause and just get a new PC. Which is a slight problem, as I'm supposed to be saving my money for another big dollar purchase, and now need to figure out how I'm gonna buy both...
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't know if it would be useful to you at all (and even then, it's credit and I'm not a big fan of resorting to it) but when I was having issues with my fees for this past semester I got an Amazon credit card and threw it on there so I could pay for it up front with the card and then just pay it off as I get the money in for it. @ShiraNoMai applied for it though so I dunno if it has any requirements attached to it at all or not. Although I wouldn't blame you for not wanting to pursue such a choice at all.

I wonder if that power thing you installed in your PC a short while ago lead to the problems you're having now or if I'm just clutching at straws for a reason why it bugged out? LOL

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't know if it would be useful to you at all (and even then, it's credit and I'm not a big fan of resorting to it) but when I was having issues with my fees for this past semester I got an Amazon credit card and threw it on there so I could pay for it up front with the card and then just pay it off as I get the money in for it. @ShiraNoMai applied for it though so I dunno if it has any requirements attached to it at all or not. Although I wouldn't blame you for not wanting to pursue such a choice at all.

I wonder if that power thing you installed in your PC a short while ago lead to the problems you're having now or if I'm just clutching at straws for a reason why it bugged out? LOL
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Honestly, the hardest problem I had was finding a PC that my power supply would fit. Motherboards come in all shapes and sizes, and each one has its own kind of power supply, so I was really struggling to find a new one. But I found it, and you mentioning the credit card reminded me "Oh yeah, I'm supposed to have a really low APR for basically the rest of this year; that's not a bad idea!"
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Honestly, the hardest problem I had was finding a PC that my power supply would fit. Motherboards come in all shapes and sizes, and each one has its own kind of power supply, so I was really struggling to find a new one. But I found it, and you mentioning the credit card reminded me "Oh yeah, I'm supposed to have a really low APR for basically the rest of this year; that's not a bad idea!"
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
*had to look up what APR is again*

Ah, so whatever new PC you get will use the new power supply? I'd have thought a new one would come with its own one already. Unsure

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
*had to look up what APR is again*

Ah, so whatever new PC you get will use the new power supply? I'd have thought a new one would come with its own one already. Unsure
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Oh, it will have one, but it most certainly won't have one that will support the beast of a graphics card I have, so I need the new one to be able to plug that in.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Oh, it will have one, but it most certainly won't have one that will support the beast of a graphics card I have, so I need the new one to be able to plug that in.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh I see. I'd be worried that any of the parts in the totalled PC are what's causing the problem with it and that putting them in a new PC will just bring the problem over and show that I wasted my time and money getting a new PC in the first place. Monkas

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh I see. I'd be worried that any of the parts in the totalled PC are what's causing the problem with it and that putting them in a new PC will just bring the problem over and show that I wasted my time and money getting a new PC in the first place. Monkas
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
XP: 2,835
Hey all, happy Monday!

(May 26th, 2023, 11:06 PM)Moonface Wrote:

California
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
XP: 2,835
Hey all, happy Monday!

California
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Hey there Nebulous. Today certainly is a happy Monday for once as I have the day off from work today. Grin

Ah, California--oh my, it's after 2AM there, going to bed soon or are you a night owl?
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Hey there Nebulous. Today certainly is a happy Monday for once as I have the day off from work today. Grin

Ah, California--oh my, it's after 2AM there, going to bed soon or are you a night owl?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 29th, 2023, 10:12 AM)Nebulous Wrote:
Hey all, happy Monday!

California
Ah, land of the wild fire summers. Tongue

@Mr EliteL: I'm curious, what days do you usually get off each week?

Just had lunch at an Indian restaurant; it was okay but I still find that for all the spices Indian food has it always seems like it's lacking somewhere. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 29th, 2023, 10:12 AM)Nebulous Wrote:
Hey all, happy Monday!

California
Ah, land of the wild fire summers. Tongue

Just had lunch at an Indian restaurant; it was okay but I still find that for all the spices Indian food has it always seems like it's lacking somewhere. Errm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(May 29th, 2023, 08:43 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Got a shift moved to Thursday so I now have Sunday, Tuesday & Wednesday off unless I'm covering on one or more of those days, Sunday working is rare though. So it's good getting a single Monday off to get 4 days. Grin
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(May 29th, 2023, 08:43 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Got a shift moved to Thursday so I now have Sunday, Tuesday & Wednesday off unless I'm covering on one or more of those days, Sunday working is rare though. So it's good getting a single Monday off to get 4 days. Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I guess you don't get a choice about working Sundays over Saturdays? Just because personally I think Sunday is always the better choice (in the UK) because of the limited opening hours guaranteeing you get a short day and Sunday is a common day for holidays which gets extra pay or a paid day off.

Also fun fact about the hotel I'm staying in; apparently the in-house feed for SGDQ is running on a VCR for some reason because that was what the hotel had to send a feed to all the rooms. I'm surprised a hotel even has a working VCR in 2023. LOL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I guess you don't get a choice about working Sundays over Saturdays? Just because personally I think Sunday is always the better choice (in the UK) because of the limited opening hours guaranteeing you get a short day and Sunday is a common day for holidays which gets extra pay or a paid day off.

Also fun fact about the hotel I'm staying in; apparently the in-house feed for SGDQ is running on a VCR for some reason because that was what the hotel had to send a feed to all the rooms. I'm surprised a hotel even has a working VCR in 2023. LOL
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I prefer working Saturdays as that's the day I'm willing to stay longer if need be, plus it's the day I chose since I started anyway, Sundays I'd do only the morning shift if I'm covering (6-12), so it leaves afternoon open to do whatever, used to be the day we'd usually do stuff as family although that tends to be either Wednesday, Friday (after shift too), or Sunday, but not always every week. Or at least I don't take part every week.

Huh, VCR for the GDQ feed. Well that's something. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I prefer working Saturdays as that's the day I'm willing to stay longer if need be, plus it's the day I chose since I started anyway, Sundays I'd do only the morning shift if I'm covering (6-12), so it leaves afternoon open to do whatever, used to be the day we'd usually do stuff as family although that tends to be either Wednesday, Friday (after shift too), or Sunday, but not always every week. Or at least I don't take part every week.

Huh, VCR for the GDQ feed. Well that's something. XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 239 43,498 Yesterday, 03:28 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 21,542 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 62,194 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 49,052 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 41,729 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM