Universal Chat Thread
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Is it normal to get snow at this time of year there? Blink
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Is it normal to get snow at this time of year there? Blink
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I don't think it is, but then again people around here seem to think it is. Though I'm from waaaaay up North (just a river separating my home town and Canada), so snow this late into the year wasn't all that usual up there. I guess down here it is though, because people freak the fuck out every time it snows after March.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I don't think it is, but then again people around here seem to think it is. Though I'm from waaaaay up North (just a river separating my home town and Canada), so snow this late into the year wasn't all that usual up there. I guess down here it is though, because people freak the fuck out every time it snows after March.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Now imagine if they were like the southern parts of the UK where you only need to hear the weather report mention snow in the area as even a 1% possibility and people instantly go out and panic buy milk and bread from the stores like the end times are about to arrive. Unless of course the people where you live freak out like that too when snow is ever a possibility, even at times where it can be expected.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Now imagine if they were like the southern parts of the UK where you only need to hear the weather report mention snow in the area as even a 1% possibility and people instantly go out and panic buy milk and bread from the stores like the end times are about to arrive. Unless of course the people where you live freak out like that too when snow is ever a possibility, even at times where it can be expected.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Oh no, not even close to that. We Minnesotans know how to handle winter, regardless of how harsh the conditions are. We have people who bitch about the snow and whatnot, but when it comes to it, we handle it fine. It's not like southern states where they see one, tiny little snowflake in the air and all of a sudden 50 cars go crashing into the ditch and all schools and businesses shut down and the Governor enacts a state of emergency.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Oh no, not even close to that. We Minnesotans know how to handle winter, regardless of how harsh the conditions are. We have people who bitch about the snow and whatnot, but when it comes to it, we handle it fine. It's not like southern states where they see one, tiny little snowflake in the air and all of a sudden 50 cars go crashing into the ditch and all schools and businesses shut down and the Governor enacts a state of emergency.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I find it fitting that the southern states are the ones to apparently panic and where I'm from in the UK is also to the south of the country. Confirmed, southern places that get snow panic. ROFL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I find it fitting that the southern states are the ones to apparently panic and where I'm from in the UK is also to the south of the country. Confirmed, southern places that get snow panic. ROFL
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Snow is foreign to us most southern states we don't trust them scientist and their explanation that they are "water crystal frozen" there something evil and I tell ye it has to be witches! <_<
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Snow is foreign to us most southern states we don't trust them scientist and their explanation that they are "water crystal frozen" there something evil and I tell ye it has to be witches! <_<
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The only thing evil around here is me. Glare

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The only thing evil around here is me. Glare
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
So Moony you finally admitted that you are a witch! <_<
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
So Moony you finally admitted that you are a witch! <_<
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Well, start my new job tomorrow. Same pay as my previous job, but twice the hours.

Not really looking forward to working for a corporate company trash, but oh well. Just going to have to suffer with it.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Well, start my new job tomorrow. Same pay as my previous job, but twice the hours.

Not really looking forward to working for a corporate company trash, but oh well. Just going to have to suffer with it.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Eh, better to work for some big money hungry corporate giant if they don't treat you as trashy as your last job presumably did. Lesser of two evils so to speak.

Jeez, work today for me was a drama fest when the afternoon hit. The dairy and meat departments had some massive beef between them that managed to carry over to the people who showed up hours later and therefore continued after the original perpetrators had already left the building. Since my backroom freezer is right next to their backroom coolers, all I could hear through my wall was people yelling at each other over the most childish shit. Now I know how it feels to live in an apartment complex with horrid neighbours on the other side of the wall. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Eh, better to work for some big money hungry corporate giant if they don't treat you as trashy as your last job presumably did. Lesser of two evils so to speak.

Jeez, work today for me was a drama fest when the afternoon hit. The dairy and meat departments had some massive beef between them that managed to carry over to the people who showed up hours later and therefore continued after the original perpetrators had already left the building. Since my backroom freezer is right next to their backroom coolers, all I could hear through my wall was people yelling at each other over the most childish shit. Now I know how it feels to live in an apartment complex with horrid neighbours on the other side of the wall. Errm
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Well, all corporations treat you like trash. You're just a number to them, not a human being. So in the end it's really no different than my last job other than I'll actually be getting the hours I need.

Though I might not be getting the job after all. I'm supposed to bring my Social Security Card and ID with me to get photocopied, but I can't find my SSC. I was actually supposed to bring them there on Monday, but couldn't find them and the manager gave me an extension until tomorrow when I'm supposed to have my first day of work. Best case scenario, she gives me more time to find it. Worse case scenario, she tells me that she can't hire me.

I wouldn't be too bothered if she said that, to be honest. I found out the other day that the co-worker who was the reason I quit my last job got the boot, so I wouldn't be completely opposed to going back there (pending a few stipulations of mine are met). It'd be the job I'm comfortable with, and with the biggest piece of toxic trash there gone. I've been being nice to the owner there just in case things don't work out at this other place. Didn't want to burn that bridge in case I need to go back across it.

Oh, and today was awful. I had to take Zoey to the vet because she couldn't put any weight on her right hind leg, and I was just a nervous wreck about it. Thankfully there was one pet hospital in the area that would take her today, otherwise every where else would have been tomorrow if we called early enough in the morning to 3+ months away (yeah, we're going to wait 3+ months when our cat could possibly have a broken leg). Thankfully in the end, the vet said from what he observed, she doesn't have a broken leg or dislocated joint. He wasn't really able to get hands-on with her because she was being really aggressive (she does NOT like stranger, plus it didn't help that I wasn't thereat the time), but they let her out in a little room so they could watch her and see what she did with her leg. She actually walked on it there (he said the adrenaline will do that), and that's a great sign. He believes she simply strained her leg when jumping down from some where. Hopefully that ends up being the case. I was given some anti-inflammatory medication to give her and told to just keep an eye on her for the next few days to make sure it doesn't get worse ( and to watch to see if it's actually getting better).

Going to work tomorrow for eight hours is going to be tough knowing she's here like this. That is if they don't tell me to get lost when I tell them I don't have my SSC. In which case I just come back home and spend the day with my poor little baby.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Well, all corporations treat you like trash. You're just a number to them, not a human being. So in the end it's really no different than my last job other than I'll actually be getting the hours I need.

Though I might not be getting the job after all. I'm supposed to bring my Social Security Card and ID with me to get photocopied, but I can't find my SSC. I was actually supposed to bring them there on Monday, but couldn't find them and the manager gave me an extension until tomorrow when I'm supposed to have my first day of work. Best case scenario, she gives me more time to find it. Worse case scenario, she tells me that she can't hire me.

I wouldn't be too bothered if she said that, to be honest. I found out the other day that the co-worker who was the reason I quit my last job got the boot, so I wouldn't be completely opposed to going back there (pending a few stipulations of mine are met). It'd be the job I'm comfortable with, and with the biggest piece of toxic trash there gone. I've been being nice to the owner there just in case things don't work out at this other place. Didn't want to burn that bridge in case I need to go back across it.

Oh, and today was awful. I had to take Zoey to the vet because she couldn't put any weight on her right hind leg, and I was just a nervous wreck about it. Thankfully there was one pet hospital in the area that would take her today, otherwise every where else would have been tomorrow if we called early enough in the morning to 3+ months away (yeah, we're going to wait 3+ months when our cat could possibly have a broken leg). Thankfully in the end, the vet said from what he observed, she doesn't have a broken leg or dislocated joint. He wasn't really able to get hands-on with her because she was being really aggressive (she does NOT like stranger, plus it didn't help that I wasn't thereat the time), but they let her out in a little room so they could watch her and see what she did with her leg. She actually walked on it there (he said the adrenaline will do that), and that's a great sign. He believes she simply strained her leg when jumping down from some where. Hopefully that ends up being the case. I was given some anti-inflammatory medication to give her and told to just keep an eye on her for the next few days to make sure it doesn't get worse ( and to watch to see if it's actually getting better).

Going to work tomorrow for eight hours is going to be tough knowing she's here like this. That is if they don't tell me to get lost when I tell them I don't have my SSC. In which case I just come back home and spend the day with my poor little baby.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Sorry to hear about your kitties leg DL. I hope she feels better! D=

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Sorry to hear about your kitties leg DL. I hope she feels better! D=
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
(May 6th, 2019, 06:27 PM)Moonface Wrote:
@EL: If you want help with your workouts I could give you some stuff since I had to take a physical wellness class this past semester. I only had it twice a week and time spent working out in those classes was probably only 90 minutes at tops (likely more to be an hour) but I had improvements over the 16 weeks I did it. Although, I was using equipment whereas you're using weights, but there are exercises that can involve just weights that work out more than just your arms. Wink

Keep meaning to reply to this. Am interested to know what you've learned in physical wellness. Have a few exercises on paper I habhave tried yet with weights, but I can add on to that. Perhaps tell me on Discord if you still use that, but I won't be on for a bit, as I'm going out. Next Tues, Thurs or weekend will be good.

@DL: Hope your cat gets better, glad to hear her leg isn't broken. And may your new job better despite who you're working for.

Going to Comic Con today by myself, last time was 2 years ago now. Stuff worth seeing today at least for me, Troy Baker & Nolan North together and Outside Xbox both have a panel. Weekend isn't worth it, but trains or some aren't running tomorrow or Sunday anyway.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
(May 6th, 2019, 06:27 PM)Moonface Wrote:
@EL: If you want help with your workouts I could give you some stuff since I had to take a physical wellness class this past semester. I only had it twice a week and time spent working out in those classes was probably only 90 minutes at tops (likely more to be an hour) but I had improvements over the 16 weeks I did it. Although, I was using equipment whereas you're using weights, but there are exercises that can involve just weights that work out more than just your arms. Wink

Keep meaning to reply to this. Am interested to know what you've learned in physical wellness. Have a few exercises on paper I habhave tried yet with weights, but I can add on to that. Perhaps tell me on Discord if you still use that, but I won't be on for a bit, as I'm going out. Next Tues, Thurs or weekend will be good.

@DL: Hope your cat gets better, glad to hear her leg isn't broken. And may your new job better despite who you're working for.

Going to Comic Con today by myself, last time was 2 years ago now. Stuff worth seeing today at least for me, Troy Baker & Nolan North together and Outside Xbox both have a panel. Weekend isn't worth it, but trains or some aren't running tomorrow or Sunday anyway.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Good news: Zoey's leg is completely fine. She's back to being her usual bitchy self.

In other news: I put my two-week notice in today. In the end I just determined that this job is not for me. I figured the manager would be a bit upset that I'm quitting after a week, but she actually was just like, yeah, I completely understand. Turns out she was putting her notice in today as well, lol. So both of us are quitting after a week.

Went and met with my previous boss last night and we had a good chat. We came to an agreement on a plan to make sure I get the hours I require out of the job this time, and with the toxicity of that one co-worker gone, I feel going back is going to be a positive and not a negative.

But yeah, when even the new manager can't last week, I know it's a good thing I decided that it wasn't for me and am getting out of there quick.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Good news: Zoey's leg is completely fine. She's back to being her usual bitchy self.

In other news: I put my two-week notice in today. In the end I just determined that this job is not for me. I figured the manager would be a bit upset that I'm quitting after a week, but she actually was just like, yeah, I completely understand. Turns out she was putting her notice in today as well, lol. So both of us are quitting after a week.

Went and met with my previous boss last night and we had a good chat. We came to an agreement on a plan to make sure I get the hours I require out of the job this time, and with the toxicity of that one co-worker gone, I feel going back is going to be a positive and not a negative.

But yeah, when even the new manager can't last week, I know it's a good thing I decided that it wasn't for me and am getting out of there quick.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
LUL only a week, that's crazy, but it makes sense if the job ain't suited for you. A little wary that you're going back to that old job despite this cycle happening frequently but hopefully this time is the charm.

Also glad Zoey is better! I'm sad she got injured but cats be cats, ya know?

Let us know how MCM went, EL! Especially if you got to sit in on a Nolan North & Troy Baker panel. LOL

I feel like I sort of wasted this long weekend but I'm not too fussed either way. Played a lot of retro games, watched some anime, did some chores. The usual for a weekend, the extra day today was no much better than not having it at all ROFL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
LUL only a week, that's crazy, but it makes sense if the job ain't suited for you. A little wary that you're going back to that old job despite this cycle happening frequently but hopefully this time is the charm.

Also glad Zoey is better! I'm sad she got injured but cats be cats, ya know?

Let us know how MCM went, EL! Especially if you got to sit in on a Nolan North & Troy Baker panel. LOL

I feel like I sort of wasted this long weekend but I'm not too fussed either way. Played a lot of retro games, watched some anime, did some chores. The usual for a weekend, the extra day today was no much better than not having it at all ROFL

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 239 43,473 Today, 03:28 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 21,526 Yesterday, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 62,178 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 49,038 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 41,697 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM