Universal Chat Thread
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So I applied to Broward College today and got in to start in August. The difference between there and my university is night and day, but I think a lifetime job in a Wal-Mart would be more pleasant than my university was. Errm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So I applied to Broward College today and got in to start in August. The difference between there and my university is night and day, but I think a lifetime job in a Wal-Mart would be more pleasant than my university was. Errm
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
Goodluck at the new college

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
Goodluck at the new college
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Good luck, mate.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Good luck, mate.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Thanks guys! It's just prerequisites for now which are apparently pretty simple so it shouldn't be too much trouble. Still, at least I can ask a teacher for help this time if I need it unlike university where I was told "Go ask your classmates". Rolleyes

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Thanks guys! It's just prerequisites for now which are apparently pretty simple so it shouldn't be too much trouble. Still, at least I can ask a teacher for help this time if I need it unlike university where I was told "Go ask your classmates". Rolleyes
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Hopefully, you'll have decent teachers who understand what you are saying, unlike my C# programming teacher who I just could not communicate to. FFS, so pissed that I got a C in that course; it's bullshit!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Hopefully, you'll have decent teachers who understand what you are saying, unlike my C# programming teacher who I just could not communicate to. FFS, so pissed that I got a C in that course; it's bullshit!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If I get a teacher who is clearly not doing their job properly I'm not hesitating to go to the people who pay their salary if I have to go that far. I speak English, there's zero reason there should be a huge misunderstanding between myself and a teacher in regards to communication.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If I get a teacher who is clearly not doing their job properly I'm not hesitating to go to the people who pay their salary if I have to go that far. I speak English, there's zero reason there should be a huge misunderstanding between myself and a teacher in regards to communication.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
I'm sorry both of you had to put up with such BS.

Lousy teachers are a dime-a-dozen, unfortunately (and I have had my fair share).
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing

Lousy teachers are a dime-a-dozen, unfortunately (and I have had my fair share).
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wish a teacher not wanting to help was the worst I experienced. I could probably write a short book on the things I had to endure and what it did to me. It was seven years ago and the experience still affects me. XD

By the way I'm not going to be bothered if anyone wants to know details, so don't worry about whether to pry or not. Tongue

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wish a teacher not wanting to help was the worst I experienced. I could probably write a short book on the things I had to endure and what it did to me. It was seven years ago and the experience still affects me. XD

By the way I'm not going to be bothered if anyone wants to know details, so don't worry about whether to pry or not. Tongue
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jun 23rd, 2018, 12:09 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

well you could have gotten your self a B if you just put a ++ after the C Wink

That was my C++ class the prof was from Iran (Pre revolution from what I can tell, before or shorty after he went to the US for his post grads)
He would go on and on about how we suck because Iran had/s free university education but they also make you work for it (as in you had to pass every class) and that we suck compared to University of Michigan.

He had a class favorite too she was transferring to University of Michigan after that semester Glare

Then holy hell my Python class the lecturer I don't even think had a CS/IT background she seemed so clueless around computers AND despite never using Python before the kids in the class were coming to ME for help instead of the lecturer.

I guess it some what makes sense though, In Academia programming and CS were originally a part of the math department and math professors are just shit at helping students it seems. They almost always assume that Math is universal and that everyone gets it.

(Jun 23rd, 2018, 12:16 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Yeah you would think that... but foreign profs (who have thick non English accents) are way too common especially in STEM classes.

Hell my ex when she was at a different university then me had an ENGLISH PROF (and it was a class for English majors..) WHO COULD NOT SPEAK ENGLISH.

(Jun 23rd, 2018, 12:25 AM)Tsu Wrote:

It doesn't help Education is going to "Oh you don't need a qualified person to teach this class, just any random jack ass can read out of the book and premade power point slides, oh and relay on our bullshit online "labs"".

(Jun 23rd, 2018, 12:41 AM)Moonface Wrote:

I will start, I have learning disabilities, so at the start of every semester I'd give a letter to my professors about accommodations that were needed / I could get, so it is not like the professors did not know I had issues. This one time a professor when handing out a test, after I took a second too long to pass on the pile to the person next to me said "It is okay he is a bit SLOW"

I would have went to the disability office but the university had so much bullshit of "Oh its not our fault.." at shit that was their fault (e.g. taking phones out of the dorm rooms when crime was going up, lack of parking dispite having a sucessful new student recruitment campain for over a decade and being in the middle of bumfuck no where, not having books in stock that were class requirements in the school book store... Kicking a girl out of her housing mid semester because of superficial skin cuts on her legs from shaving and cutting a bulging vein where she passed out then her housemates posted the pictures of her passed out on facebook, this was right after the universty started a "you no longer can choose your roommate" policy) that I knew if anything I'd be given hell.

Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jun 23rd, 2018, 12:09 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

well you could have gotten your self a B if you just put a ++ after the C Wink

That was my C++ class the prof was from Iran (Pre revolution from what I can tell, before or shorty after he went to the US for his post grads)
He would go on and on about how we suck because Iran had/s free university education but they also make you work for it (as in you had to pass every class) and that we suck compared to University of Michigan.

He had a class favorite too she was transferring to University of Michigan after that semester Glare

Then holy hell my Python class the lecturer I don't even think had a CS/IT background she seemed so clueless around computers AND despite never using Python before the kids in the class were coming to ME for help instead of the lecturer.

I guess it some what makes sense though, In Academia programming and CS were originally a part of the math department and math professors are just shit at helping students it seems. They almost always assume that Math is universal and that everyone gets it.

(Jun 23rd, 2018, 12:16 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Yeah you would think that... but foreign profs (who have thick non English accents) are way too common especially in STEM classes.

Hell my ex when she was at a different university then me had an ENGLISH PROF (and it was a class for English majors..) WHO COULD NOT SPEAK ENGLISH.

(Jun 23rd, 2018, 12:25 AM)Tsu Wrote:

It doesn't help Education is going to "Oh you don't need a qualified person to teach this class, just any random jack ass can read out of the book and premade power point slides, oh and relay on our bullshit online "labs"".

(Jun 23rd, 2018, 12:41 AM)Moonface Wrote:

I will start, I have learning disabilities, so at the start of every semester I'd give a letter to my professors about accommodations that were needed / I could get, so it is not like the professors did not know I had issues. This one time a professor when handing out a test, after I took a second too long to pass on the pile to the person next to me said "It is okay he is a bit SLOW"

I would have went to the disability office but the university had so much bullshit of "Oh its not our fault.." at shit that was their fault (e.g. taking phones out of the dorm rooms when crime was going up, lack of parking dispite having a sucessful new student recruitment campain for over a decade and being in the middle of bumfuck no where, not having books in stock that were class requirements in the school book store... Kicking a girl out of her housing mid semester because of superficial skin cuts on her legs from shaving and cutting a bulging vein where she passed out then her housemates posted the pictures of her passed out on facebook, this was right after the universty started a "you no longer can choose your roommate" policy) that I knew if anything I'd be given hell.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Quote:It doesn't help Education is going to "Oh you don't need a qualified person to teach this class, just any random jack ass can read out of the book and premade power point slides, oh and relay on our bullshit online "labs"".

Reminds me of when our computer lab teacher got sick and was replaced by the guy who fixed the computers around school... and he had the nerve to grade us!

@Moony: If you are ok with telling, I'm ok with listening to it... get it all off your chest, mate Smile

And maybe I'll add to it as well, because God knows I have some stories to share myself.

@PM: Oh my, that's infuriating.
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Quote:It doesn't help Education is going to "Oh you don't need a qualified person to teach this class, just any random jack ass can read out of the book and premade power point slides, oh and relay on our bullshit online "labs"".

Reminds me of when our computer lab teacher got sick and was replaced by the guy who fixed the computers around school... and he had the nerve to grade us!

@Moony: If you are ok with telling, I'm ok with listening to it... get it all off your chest, mate Smile

And maybe I'll add to it as well, because God knows I have some stories to share myself.

@PM: Oh my, that's infuriating.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jun 23rd, 2018, 01:00 AM)Tsu Wrote:

Chances are he is more qualified then some of the instructors I had.

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
(Jun 23rd, 2018, 02:23 AM)percussive maintenance Wrote:

Eh, I'm not sure about that.

He did know how a computer and most of the software worked, but he wasn't teaching material by any means. The fact that he got the job in the first place kind of amuses me, to be honest.

But I'll say that he wasn't vey strict at all, which was nice for a change.

Now, as for lousy teachers, I doubt you will find anyone lousier than the guy that was my history teacher in high school for a couple of months (he sort of vanished afterwards).

He really did know his craft, I'll give him that... but the way he treated us students was definitely crossing a line and I'm amazed nothing was done about that for as long as it did.

He would immediately comment on your social/family/economical situation when you failed to perform -and would take pleasure while doing it, too-. Then, would raise his tone until the level of noise was equal to (or greater) than a rock concert if you tried to stand your ground... or, you know, not be pushed around. And the cherry on top was his denial of bathroom breaks as part of a punishment if you racked up offenses with him.

And if you somehow managed to land on his good side, the amount of privileges you'd get would unbalance the playing field so much, it'd be impossible not the be seen as a cheater yourself.

I remember him commenting on how easy is was to get a print on certain shops if you "knew the right words" (and then he proceed to fail everyone who didn't own a printer and/or didn't have his printed homework that week).

What an arse!
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing

He did know how a computer and most of the software worked, but he wasn't teaching material by any means. The fact that he got the job in the first place kind of amuses me, to be honest.

Now, as for lousy teachers, I doubt you will find anyone lousier than the guy that was my history teacher in high school for a couple of months (he sort of vanished afterwards).

He really did know his craft, I'll give him that... but the way he treated us students was definitely crossing a line and I'm amazed nothing was done about that for as long as it did.

He would immediately comment on your social/family/economical situation when you failed to perform -and would take pleasure while doing it, too-. Then, would raise his tone until the level of noise was equal to (or greater) than a rock concert if you tried to stand your ground... or, you know, not be pushed around. And the cherry on top was his denial of bathroom breaks as part of a punishment if you racked up offenses with him.

And if you somehow managed to land on his good side, the amount of privileges you'd get would unbalance the playing field so much, it'd be impossible not the be seen as a cheater yourself.

I remember him commenting on how easy is was to get a print on certain shops if you "knew the right words" (and then he proceed to fail everyone who didn't own a printer and/or didn't have his printed homework that week).

What an arse!
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jun 23rd, 2018, 02:51 AM)Tsu Wrote:

What an arse!

1) At lease he knew the subject matter
2) yeah he is an ass
3) I don't blame him, printers are the devil and the bane of all IT professionals.
[Image: yv3ZW.jpg]

and when I saw this video I poured one out for the poor bastard(s) who had to get over 500 printers to work like this:

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
(Jun 23rd, 2018, 02:51 AM)Tsu Wrote:

What an arse!

1) At lease he knew the subject matter
2) yeah he is an ass
3) I don't blame him, printers are the devil and the bane of all IT professionals.
[Image: yv3ZW.jpg]

and when I saw this video I poured one out for the poor bastard(s) who had to get over 500 printers to work like this:
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
That image of the computer, printer etc talking to each other is brilliant. XD
Also, the video. Those poor poor printers have never been worked so hard in their life. There were most likely tests before that as well. Pity. No actual pity.

Ah, that's good news, Moony! Hope the experience will be a million times better than what you had over here for university.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
That image of the computer, printer etc talking to each other is brilliant. XD
Also, the video. Those poor poor printers have never been worked so hard in their life. There were most likely tests before that as well. Pity. No actual pity.

Ah, that's good news, Moony! Hope the experience will be a million times better than what you had over here for university.
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
So my mom now needs me to do some crap on her laptop for her and my brother is upgrading his PSU and GPU and needs me to install it too.

I was hoping the next IT would I would do would be paid. <_<

We need Tables!
Spooky scary skeletons
Seal your doom tonight
lp0 on fire Offline
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
So my mom now needs me to do some crap on her laptop for her and my brother is upgrading his PSU and GPU and needs me to install it too.

I was hoping the next IT would I would do would be paid. <_<

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 239 43,475 Today, 03:28 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 21,526 Yesterday, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 62,181 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 49,041 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 41,698 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM