Universal Chat Thread
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So "Paw Patrol" is currently trending on Twitter because during a White House briefing, they said that it had been cancelled by "cancel culture" (the subject was about how even Trump was disgusted by cancel culture). Everyone is up in arms because this is incorrect, the show was not cancelled.

However, as much as I hate to defend Trump and his moronic staff, back towards when all of this bullshit started and they were trying to get anything with cops in it cancelled, there were people crying for the cancellation of the show because of Chase, who is a cop. So for this one time, I think people need to step back and realize that there is a plausible reason for the confusion.

But I will tell ya'll one thing. I don't like many children shows, I think most are really irritating/stupid, but Paw Patrol is actually pretty cute and is something I'd be 100% okay with watching with my kids if I had any. If they get that show cancelled, it'll be time to cancel all of them... permanently.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So "Paw Patrol" is currently trending on Twitter because during a White House briefing, they said that it had been cancelled by "cancel culture" (the subject was about how even Trump was disgusted by cancel culture). Everyone is up in arms because this is incorrect, the show was not cancelled.

However, as much as I hate to defend Trump and his moronic staff, back towards when all of this bullshit started and they were trying to get anything with cops in it cancelled, there were people crying for the cancellation of the show because of Chase, who is a cop. So for this one time, I think people need to step back and realize that there is a plausible reason for the confusion.

But I will tell ya'll one thing. I don't like many children shows, I think most are really irritating/stupid, but Paw Patrol is actually pretty cute and is something I'd be 100% okay with watching with my kids if I had any. If they get that show cancelled, it'll be time to cancel all of them... permanently.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I think cancel culture goes too far more often than not in cases where I've seen it happen. For example when people dig up stuff from over a decade ago and use that to cancel someone; if that person is no longer like that then why bring it up?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I think cancel culture goes too far more often than not in cases where I've seen it happen. For example when people dig up stuff from over a decade ago and use that to cancel someone; if that person is no longer like that then why bring it up?
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I think cancel culture in general is stupid. Like how many times have people cried to cancel a restaurant because someone in the company supports something they don't? Like who the actual fuck cares? If it's a restaurant I like and I like the food, that's the end of it. I don't care if some random store manager at one of the restaurants out of thousands supports Trump. Big whoop.

Hell, even if it's the CEO who supports something I don't, I don't care. When it comes to a restaurant, all that matters to me is the product I am paying for. Same for any general stores. As long as I'm getting what I want from them, they can have my money regardless of anything else.

For me to "cancel" a restaurant, it'd have to be something extremely grievous... like if a burger joint got exposed for using dog/cat meat.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I think cancel culture in general is stupid. Like how many times have people cried to cancel a restaurant because someone in the company supports something they don't? Like who the actual fuck cares? If it's a restaurant I like and I like the food, that's the end of it. I don't care if some random store manager at one of the restaurants out of thousands supports Trump. Big whoop.

Hell, even if it's the CEO who supports something I don't, I don't care. When it comes to a restaurant, all that matters to me is the product I am paying for. Same for any general stores. As long as I'm getting what I want from them, they can have my money regardless of anything else.

For me to "cancel" a restaurant, it'd have to be something extremely grievous... like if a burger joint got exposed for using dog/cat meat.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't even know what companies in England supported what particular "controversial" stuff. It just never really seemed to come up. Here in the US it seems to be a thing that everything has to always be about politics no matter what it is. Even wearing masks is political, and it's stupid.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't even know what companies in England supported what particular "controversial" stuff. It just never really seemed to come up. Here in the US it seems to be a thing that everything has to always be about politics no matter what it is. Even wearing masks is political, and it's stupid.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
That's because over the course of the last 10-15 years, everything has become about political correctness and bullshit like that. You have to conform to the mob or else you need to be "cancelled."

Between the political correctness, the social media outrage movements and the cancel culture, I don't know what's been ruining this country the most.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
That's because over the course of the last 10-15 years, everything has become about political correctness and bullshit like that. You have to conform to the mob or else you need to be "cancelled."

Between the political correctness, the social media outrage movements and the cancel culture, I don't know what's been ruining this country the most.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'd argue you could put all of what you said under a single blanket classification of being the fault of all the people who instigate that sort of stuff. If there weren't people who had pushed it at some stage and made it work, it wouldn't be a thing that has the traction it does. I wouldn't be surprised to find that someone who backs one of those things 100% of the time also backs at least one of the others too. I'd also say it comes down to people don't want to just discuss things with civility. It has to be "I'm right, end of", and any attempt made by someone to generate a discussion over it just gets blasted with ad hominem remarks. The fact that it has to be stated not to mention politics at a Thanksgiving meal shows that. I never in England heard people saying "Don't bring up politics over Christmas dinner" and any time politics did come up (mostly Brexit for the ones I experienced) people on either side could actually talk about it. America seems to have a stigma attached to anything that has defined sides as being a recipe for disaster if you dare discuss it with someone who has an opposing viewpoint to your own.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'd argue you could put all of what you said under a single blanket classification of being the fault of all the people who instigate that sort of stuff. If there weren't people who had pushed it at some stage and made it work, it wouldn't be a thing that has the traction it does. I wouldn't be surprised to find that someone who backs one of those things 100% of the time also backs at least one of the others too. I'd also say it comes down to people don't want to just discuss things with civility. It has to be "I'm right, end of", and any attempt made by someone to generate a discussion over it just gets blasted with ad hominem remarks. The fact that it has to be stated not to mention politics at a Thanksgiving meal shows that. I never in England heard people saying "Don't bring up politics over Christmas dinner" and any time politics did come up (mostly Brexit for the ones I experienced) people on either side could actually talk about it. America seems to have a stigma attached to anything that has defined sides as being a recipe for disaster if you dare discuss it with someone who has an opposing viewpoint to your own.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
That's because over the course of time, politics is this country has devolved into simply being Replicans vs Democrats, with no middle ground at all. Both of these political groups have the "you're either with us or against us" mentality. Once upon a time, it was about working together towards the betterment of this country, then it become a competition and that's how you see people like Donald Trump get elected. Because it's no longer "what's best for this country and its people?", but instead "What's the best way to make the Republicans/Democrats look bad?"

Of course this naturally seeped down into the support bases for both political groups, and now you can't discuss political views with someone on the other side without it becoming "NO! YOU'RE WRONG AND I'M RIGHT! LALALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

I don't align myself with either party, so I just sit in the middle watching these people argue like children constantly, just shaking my head the entire time.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
That's because over the course of time, politics is this country has devolved into simply being Replicans vs Democrats, with no middle ground at all. Both of these political groups have the "you're either with us or against us" mentality. Once upon a time, it was about working together towards the betterment of this country, then it become a competition and that's how you see people like Donald Trump get elected. Because it's no longer "what's best for this country and its people?", but instead "What's the best way to make the Republicans/Democrats look bad?"

Of course this naturally seeped down into the support bases for both political groups, and now you can't discuss political views with someone on the other side without it becoming "NO! YOU'RE WRONG AND I'M RIGHT! LALALALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU!"

I don't align myself with either party, so I just sit in the middle watching these people argue like children constantly, just shaking my head the entire time.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've never aligned with any political party in my life, since I tend to vote for who has the policies I want and if they have the track record to back it up. Although you have to go out of your way to encounter politics in England since we don't have campaign ads and donations and stuff like America does.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've never aligned with any political party in my life, since I tend to vote for who has the policies I want and if they have the track record to back it up. Although you have to go out of your way to encounter politics in England since we don't have campaign ads and donations and stuff like America does.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Oh yeah, it's all about the money in America, of course. Our politicians stopped caring about actually helping us a long, long time ago. All they care about now is lining their own pockets with money from corporations, which they gain by passing huge tax breaks and shit for said corporations.

We need to go back to how Congress and shit was originally -- volunteer work, not something you got paid doing. That'll weed out the money-hungry asshats real quick.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Oh yeah, it's all about the money in America, of course. Our politicians stopped caring about actually helping us a long, long time ago. All they care about now is lining their own pockets with money from corporations, which they gain by passing huge tax breaks and shit for said corporations.

We need to go back to how Congress and shit was originally -- volunteer work, not something you got paid doing. That'll weed out the money-hungry asshats real quick.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So, my AC has died, my car is dead, and I cut myself. Today just isnt my day...
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 6th, 2020, 04:16 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
You mean on accident and not by taking a knife to yourself, right? Unsure

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 6th, 2020, 04:16 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
You mean on accident and not by taking a knife to yourself, right? Unsure
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Oh, yeah. Like, a little cut thanks to a sign. Sorry if I scared you, then.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Oh crap @Maniakkid25 , too many things in one go, hope things get better and the wound isn't too bad. Did you need your car for work?

Ah geez talking no AC it's been so hot today here (got up to 33 degrees I think, especially when in the Sun's rays), and tonight inside is going to be nuts. Will try and get an early night and not my usual freaking after 11PM for 6AM start. XD So I can have to time to actually sleep.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Oh crap @Maniakkid25 , too many things in one go, hope things get better and the wound isn't too bad. Did you need your car for work?

Ah geez talking no AC it's been so hot today here (got up to 33 degrees I think, especially when in the Sun's rays), and tonight inside is going to be nuts. Will try and get an early night and not my usual freaking after 11PM for 6AM start. XD So I can have to time to actually sleep.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I needed it to get home from work then, and it's dead again when I need to go to work and it's drinking night for mom and dad, so they can't pick me up! YAY!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I needed it to get home from work then, and it's dead again when I need to go to work and it's drinking night for mom and dad, so they can't pick me up! YAY!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 7th, 2020, 02:41 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
I got a little freaked out but it's all good. XD

So I doubt it, but anyone have plans for the weekend other than sitting at home doing nothing? ROFL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 7th, 2020, 02:41 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
I got a little freaked out but it's all good. XD

So I doubt it, but anyone have plans for the weekend other than sitting at home doing nothing? ROFL

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 239 43,460 Today, 03:28 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 21,524 Yesterday, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 62,161 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 49,035 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 41,696 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM