Universal Chat Thread
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Haha, yeah, I agree with you there. That's why I didn't upgrade to the Galaxy S10 when it came out. But the difference between my S9+ and the Note S20 Ultra is so big that I'm like, okay, maybe I will upgrade this time and then just keep this phone for as long as it lasts.

I know a lot of the people who do upgrade so those plans where you pay 50% of the phone, and then you can upgrade to a new model when it comes out and then you don't have to pay the other 50% of your previous phone. It sounds nice in theory, but in reality it's not a very good thing to do. You just never stop owing money this way.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Haha, yeah, I agree with you there. That's why I didn't upgrade to the Galaxy S10 when it came out. But the difference between my S9+ and the Note S20 Ultra is so big that I'm like, okay, maybe I will upgrade this time and then just keep this phone for as long as it lasts.

I know a lot of the people who do upgrade so those plans where you pay 50% of the phone, and then you can upgrade to a new model when it comes out and then you don't have to pay the other 50% of your previous phone. It sounds nice in theory, but in reality it's not a very good thing to do. You just never stop owing money this way.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Yeah, I'd rather just pay my phone off and have it for a few years and maybe put a little money aside each month towards a new phone when I eventually want/need one. Given a lot of phones are $800+, you could spend $800 one time for say, three years, or spend $1200 in the same time period by getting three different phones in that period where each one has you paying $400. Errm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Yeah, I'd rather just pay my phone off and have it for a few years and maybe put a little money aside each month towards a new phone when I eventually want/need one. Given a lot of phones are $800+, you could spend $800 one time for say, three years, or spend $1200 in the same time period by getting three different phones in that period where each one has you paying $400. Errm
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For those living in the US, what are y'all doing for Thanksgiving this year, considering the circumstances?

Also, anyone seen any Black Friday deals they hope to cash in on?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For those living in the US, what are y'all doing for Thanksgiving this year, considering the circumstances?

Also, anyone seen any Black Friday deals they hope to cash in on?
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Spiderman (PS4), Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), League of Legends (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495
Megami Tensei* Portal 
I work Sad Otherwise, I might look for an Xbox headset...I'm kind of stuck using some cheap studio headphones. They sound great, mind you, but they lack a microphone so I can't properly *defend myself* on Xbox Live just yet. It's not the full gamer experience if I can't do that, ya know.

Edit: cleared a uh, certain portion of my message to make sure no one thinks I'm out there constantly looking for an online fight lmao.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495 Megami Tensei* Portal 
I work Sad Otherwise, I might look for an Xbox headset...I'm kind of stuck using some cheap studio headphones. They sound great, mind you, but they lack a microphone so I can't properly *defend myself* on Xbox Live just yet. It's not the full gamer experience if I can't do that, ya know.

Edit: cleared a uh, certain portion of my message to make sure no one thinks I'm out there constantly looking for an online fight lmao.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Work (but I get time and a half on holidays so that makes it better) and then gaming, gaming and some more gaming otherwise. As for Black Friday deals, probably going to lay off of them considering I just dropped 1K on my new phone (which arrived today, whew!). If I find a place selling a game I want for cheap, maybe I jump on it. Nothing has caught my eye so far though.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Work (but I get time and a half on holidays so that makes it better) and then gaming, gaming and some more gaming otherwise. As for Black Friday deals, probably going to lay off of them considering I just dropped 1K on my new phone (which arrived today, whew!). If I find a place selling a game I want for cheap, maybe I jump on it. Nothing has caught my eye so far though.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I actually managed to just buy myself a Playstation 5 on Walmart...for the black friday sale I feel like I just used up all my luck for a good seven years just in time for the PS6! Though the funny thing is even though I did get a PS5 I'm honestly more interested in getting PS4 games because lets face it....most of the P55 games probably aren't worth it right now.

PS: For anyone that has played Dream would you say its as good as LBP or would LBP still have more charm? I'm interested, but I'm also like is it as fun as say LBP was?
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I actually managed to just buy myself a Playstation 5 on Walmart...for the black friday sale I feel like I just used up all my luck for a good seven years just in time for the PS6! Though the funny thing is even though I did get a PS5 I'm honestly more interested in getting PS4 games because lets face it....most of the P55 games probably aren't worth it right now.

PS: For anyone that has played Dream would you say its as good as LBP or would LBP still have more charm? I'm interested, but I'm also like is it as fun as say LBP was?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Did you pay full price for it @"Yuri" or did you get a deal?

As for Dreams, I think LBP has more charm. My issue with Dreams is that it lacks a singular visual theme to build with so it relies heavily on the creators to make it charming. It's also not a game with a main genre like LBP had platforming, so again how fun it is comes down to what things are even being made. You could browse indreams.me which is where all the uploaded levels are viewable in a browser to see what exactly is being made.

Don't forget that your PS5 will have Astro's Playroom included for free which is a very good game from what I've seen of it. Plus if you have PS+ you get all those free PS4 games that you could find some new stuff to check out in.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Did you pay full price for it @"Yuri" or did you get a deal?

As for Dreams, I think LBP has more charm. My issue with Dreams is that it lacks a singular visual theme to build with so it relies heavily on the creators to make it charming. It's also not a game with a main genre like LBP had platforming, so again how fun it is comes down to what things are even being made. You could browse indreams.me which is where all the uploaded levels are viewable in a browser to see what exactly is being made.

Don't forget that your PS5 will have Astro's Playroom included for free which is a very good game from what I've seen of it. Plus if you have PS+ you get all those free PS4 games that you could find some new stuff to check out in.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I feel like the best way to phrase it the deal for the PS5 was you could get a PS5 so I did pay full price for it, but since I don't have to worry about my PC becoming too out of date is a nice bonus to this. Smile

I'm kinda tempted to pick up LBP3 then with Dream I'm sure you can find some gems, but the adorable sack people are a lot of fun!

I feel like Xbox still offer you the better deal with it gamepass currently, but I mean free games are free games.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I feel like the best way to phrase it the deal for the PS5 was you could get a PS5 so I did pay full price for it, but since I don't have to worry about my PC becoming too out of date is a nice bonus to this. Smile

I'm kinda tempted to pick up LBP3 then with Dream I'm sure you can find some gems, but the adorable sack people are a lot of fun!

I feel like Xbox still offer you the better deal with it gamepass currently, but I mean free games are free games.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495
Megami Tensei* Portal 
Nice job finding a PS5! Me and my brother are looking to sell our PS4s (we have two between us) so that we can pool enough money for a PS5. I'm too lazy to put up a listing though so I'm kind of hoping he does it...hopefully not too long before demand dies down from the Christmas craze.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495 Megami Tensei* Portal 
Nice job finding a PS5! Me and my brother are looking to sell our PS4s (we have two between us) so that we can pool enough money for a PS5. I'm too lazy to put up a listing though so I'm kind of hoping he does it...hopefully not too long before demand dies down from the Christmas craze.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Happy thanksgiving friends! Grin and thanks Eric I actually gotta do something about my PS4 when my PS5 comes cause luckily this gen will let me get rid of my old console.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Happy thanksgiving friends! Grin and thanks Eric I actually gotta do something about my PS4 when my PS5 comes cause luckily this gen will let me get rid of my old console.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Happy Thanksgiving everyone who celebrates it! ^_^

Also I could never get rid of my old consoles even if newer ones can play the games they do. Plus they can be good backups if a newer system dies and you need something else to play games on until you replace it.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Happy Thanksgiving everyone who celebrates it! ^_^

Also I could never get rid of my old consoles even if newer ones can play the games they do. Plus they can be good backups if a newer system dies and you need something else to play games on until you replace it.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Cool you managed to grab yourself a PS5, Yuri.

Yikes, selling an old console I couldn't do either, only under very serious circumstances if I absolutely had to would I do that. But no downer on those who do or plan to, do what you must.

We did get a result of my cat and what she had was cancer, and for being on the tip of her ear it was lucky to be on something easy to remove. The hair on the shaved area is growing back and she's doing fine. ^_^
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Cool you managed to grab yourself a PS5, Yuri.

Yikes, selling an old console I couldn't do either, only under very serious circumstances if I absolutely had to would I do that. But no downer on those who do or plan to, do what you must.

We did get a result of my cat and what she had was cancer, and for being on the tip of her ear it was lucky to be on something easy to remove. The hair on the shaved area is growing back and she's doing fine. ^_^
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Did they remove the entire ear or just the tip they thought was questionable? If so, is she feeling lopsided now? ROFL

We had a fun Thanksgiving, a very true American-style one. Seriously, despite it only being 6 of us, my aunt somehow managed to lose her damn mind over words that absolutely triggered the "Trump" out of her. It was surreal. Errm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Did they remove the entire ear or just the tip they thought was questionable? If so, is she feeling lopsided now? ROFL

We had a fun Thanksgiving, a very true American-style one. Seriously, despite it only being 6 of us, my aunt somehow managed to lose her damn mind over words that absolutely triggered the "Trump" out of her. It was surreal. Errm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I thought it would be the entire ear, but they took about 3/4s off. From the front it's now a tiny bit taller than the top of her head. She doesn't seem to have had a problem with balance or walking/tilting to the left because of it. Almost like she's had it all the time or not lost anything. Although of course I believe she knows it's not there now. XD

Yeesh that doesn't sound to have been fun listening to your aunt going off like that. What kind of words caused that?
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I thought it would be the entire ear, but they took about 3/4s off. From the front it's now a tiny bit taller than the top of her head. She doesn't seem to have had a problem with balance or walking/tilting to the left because of it. Almost like she's had it all the time or not lost anything. Although of course I believe she knows it's not there now. XD

Yeesh that doesn't sound to have been fun listening to your aunt going off like that. What kind of words caused that?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 28th, 2020, 08:32 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I forget how it came up, but it was stupid because if not for her reaction, the discussion was civil. She acted bad enough that as a neighbor hearing it I'd have called the police over concerns of safety and disturbing the peace. She should really apologise to everyone who was there for how she acted but I don't think she will.

Also for anyone who hasn't seen it, I'm giving everyone a free Shiny Universal Gaming card of their choosing in Site Updates. Smile

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 28th, 2020, 08:32 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I forget how it came up, but it was stupid because if not for her reaction, the discussion was civil. She acted bad enough that as a neighbor hearing it I'd have called the police over concerns of safety and disturbing the peace. She should really apologise to everyone who was there for how she acted but I don't think she will.

Also for anyone who hasn't seen it, I'm giving everyone a free Shiny Universal Gaming card of their choosing in Site Updates. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 44,967 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,206 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 62,898 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 50,046 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 42,565 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM