Universal Chat Thread
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,788
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Apr 13th, 2021, 10:36 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Well for one thing make sure whatever you build doesn't take three hours to update Windows. I'm still waiting on my laptop to update and I started at 2:14pm.

I would hope that if I spend $2,000+ on a PC, it can update faster than that, haha. Especially considering that my $1200 laptop updates faster than that.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,788 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Apr 13th, 2021, 10:36 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Well for one thing make sure whatever you build doesn't take three hours to update Windows. I'm still waiting on my laptop to update and I started at 2:14pm.

I would hope that if I spend $2,000+ on a PC, it can update faster than that, haha. Especially considering that my $1200 laptop updates faster than that.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I have no idea why my laptop hates the monthly Windows updates so much. It just takes so long with the installation process every time and it slows my computer down while that's happening so I can't be bothered to try doing anything else while it installs.

I did have an interesting fact to share that I saw but I completely forgot what it was and I don't even remember where I saw it to try and retrace my steps to it. >.<
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I have no idea why my laptop hates the monthly Windows updates so much. It just takes so long with the installation process every time and it slows my computer down while that's happening so I can't be bothered to try doing anything else while it installs.

I did have an interesting fact to share that I saw but I completely forgot what it was and I don't even remember where I saw it to try and retrace my steps to it. >.<
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Was the interesting fact you had to share about how you could save 15% or more on your car insurance by switching to Geico?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Was the interesting fact you had to share about how you could save 15% or more on your car insurance by switching to Geico?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
It wasn't, but it was related to a number so you were correct to some degree. Tongue

Currently trying to get rid of a migraine I feel coming on...

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
It wasn't, but it was related to a number so you were correct to some degree. Tongue

Currently trying to get rid of a migraine I feel coming on...
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
If it's not helping me save money on my car insurance, it's not an interesting thing.

You have a long way to go to reach the same level as Jake from Statefarm.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
If it's not helping me save money on my car insurance, it's not an interesting thing.

You have a long way to go to reach the same level as Jake from Statefarm.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well, this can't help any of us save money, but I did come across this neat chart today that is probably the best representation of just how much wealth someone like Jeff Bezos possesses: https://mkorostoff.github.io/1-pixel-wealth/

I didn't even reach the end of Bezos' section on the page. I don't get why someone would hold onto that much money. Errm

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well, this can't help any of us save money, but I did come across this neat chart today that is probably the best representation of just how much wealth someone like Jeff Bezos possesses: https://mkorostoff.github.io/1-pixel-wealth/

I didn't even reach the end of Bezos' section on the page. I don't get why someone would hold onto that much money. Errm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I quickly scrolled through it with the scroll bar, stopping so often but not every time when text of notes appeared. What the actual F, man. Plus the section of the 400 richest Americans combined. They can pay for probably everyone on this Earth and possibly have spare left over, easily maybe. True they earned it and choose what to do with it, but dang. If only.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I quickly scrolled through it with the scroll bar, stopping so often but not every time when text of notes appeared. What the actual F, man. Plus the section of the 400 richest Americans combined. They can pay for probably everyone on this Earth and possibly have spare left over, easily maybe. True they earned it and choose what to do with it, but dang. If only.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If that's on that page I didn't reach that. I do know there are apparently eight people who collectively have $1 trillion in cumulative wealth, which is insane to me. I'd be less critical of people like Bezos if their riches weren't made at the expense of others and despite having so much money still doesn't treat his workers decently.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If that's on that page I didn't reach that. I do know there are apparently eight people who collectively have $1 trillion in cumulative wealth, which is insane to me. I'd be less critical of people like Bezos if their riches weren't made at the expense of others and despite having so much money still doesn't treat his workers decently.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
It's even more shocking when I read Bezos apparently makes $3,715 a second or $149,353 a minute. What?!

Ehh, 8 make $1 trillion?! Dang, sucks to be the other 392 people that make the rest of the $3.2 then XD . Randomly checked the chart again and found a pie chart within it to show what could happen with the $3.2 trillion. Yeah I was way off if over a quarter of the total of the 400 can give only $10k to every American household. Combine that with top richest whatever from every country then yeah perhaps that'll me more likely to help everyone in the world.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
It's even more shocking when I read Bezos apparently makes $3,715 a second or $149,353 a minute. What?!

Ehh, 8 make $1 trillion?! Dang, sucks to be the other 392 people that make the rest of the $3.2 then XD . Randomly checked the chart again and found a pie chart within it to show what could happen with the $3.2 trillion. Yeah I was way off if over a quarter of the total of the 400 can give only $10k to every American household. Combine that with top richest whatever from every country then yeah perhaps that'll me more likely to help everyone in the world.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Honestly, if I had that kind of money, I'd just sit on it too for the most part. Why spend it? There's only so much you can buy, and although donating to charity can be a nice gesture, I wouldn't throw billions of my money to charities. I'd want to keep a bulk of my fortune to myself.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Honestly, if I had that kind of money, I'd just sit on it too for the most part. Why spend it? There's only so much you can buy, and although donating to charity can be a nice gesture, I wouldn't throw billions of my money to charities. I'd want to keep a bulk of my fortune to myself.
Pinky Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
XP: 180
Good afternoon Smile

I have 11 days off work, hurray.

Have a great day everybody Smile
Pinky Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
Playstation
XP: 180
Good afternoon Smile

I have 11 days off work, hurray.

Have a great day everybody Smile
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm not sure what I'd do with so much money, that topic of my dream house would barely touch it, even if I go extreme too. No doubt would want a good portion for myself, but ahhh....the rest I hope I'd make a decision that would benefit something.

@"Mercury" Dang, 11 days off work. I take it started today, so are weekends included in that amount? Enjoy all that time and if need be, rest well too.
I need time off work soon, gotta see what I can get, hope what I have in mind will be fine.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm not sure what I'd do with so much money, that topic of my dream house would barely touch it, even if I go extreme too. No doubt would want a good portion for myself, but ahhh....the rest I hope I'd make a decision that would benefit something.

@"Mercury" Dang, 11 days off work. I take it started today, so are weekends included in that amount? Enjoy all that time and if need be, rest well too.
I need time off work soon, gotta see what I can get, hope what I have in mind will be fine.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not even bothering to book time off work until I can go places again safely.

As for the money, I'd definitely put at least half to good causes if I had so much. I wouldn't see the point on just sitting on more money than I could ever hope to spend even if I was incredibly reckless with it.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not even bothering to book time off work until I can go places again safely.

As for the money, I'd definitely put at least half to good causes if I had so much. I wouldn't see the point on just sitting on more money than I could ever hope to spend even if I was incredibly reckless with it.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,207
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah, imagine sitting on money just for the sake of it. Loads of people out there in need of help, and you'd rather just hoard it all for yourself for no literal reason other than "just cause"? This is why rich people suck. Sad

Man, 11 whole days off in a row. I only get a max of 12 paid per year. I do want to take one or two off soon when my vaccine finishes kicking in (two weeks after second dose). Take a small vacation before we're able to take for our England trip. Though, at the rate the rest of the world is going, it might be a little while. Because of your genius PM, much of the rest of the EU has followed suit with "oh, we can spread these vaccines out thin so we can get everyone at least one!", which hasn't actually been properly tested.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,207 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah, imagine sitting on money just for the sake of it. Loads of people out there in need of help, and you'd rather just hoard it all for yourself for no literal reason other than "just cause"? This is why rich people suck. Sad

Man, 11 whole days off in a row. I only get a max of 12 paid per year. I do want to take one or two off soon when my vaccine finishes kicking in (two weeks after second dose). Take a small vacation before we're able to take for our England trip. Though, at the rate the rest of the world is going, it might be a little while. Because of your genius PM, much of the rest of the EU has followed suit with "oh, we can spread these vaccines out thin so we can get everyone at least one!", which hasn't actually been properly tested.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
And especially since hoarding means that it doesn't circulate in the economy, so its just kind of...trapped. Granted, I don't think taking it all away from them is a full solution either, namely because the amount of money you'd end up taking is paltry compared to the expenses necessary for a modern government to operate, but it would at least be a start.

So, the script is recorded for The Assignment, I just need to edit it all together. I'm not looking forward to that, because I need to edit together two different sequences for plot bunnies that I thought up to "fix" the movie. Speaking of videos, the next game is probably gonna be in two parts, simply due to the fact that I'm just past the halfway point, and my script is already reflecting a 50 minute video. Plus, it means I can get the videos out sooner (I hope; I hope it doesn't turn into a Half Life 2 type debacle, but I do have other ideas ready if I need to keep filling time).
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
And especially since hoarding means that it doesn't circulate in the economy, so its just kind of...trapped. Granted, I don't think taking it all away from them is a full solution either, namely because the amount of money you'd end up taking is paltry compared to the expenses necessary for a modern government to operate, but it would at least be a start.

So, the script is recorded for The Assignment, I just need to edit it all together. I'm not looking forward to that, because I need to edit together two different sequences for plot bunnies that I thought up to "fix" the movie. Speaking of videos, the next game is probably gonna be in two parts, simply due to the fact that I'm just past the halfway point, and my script is already reflecting a 50 minute video. Plus, it means I can get the videos out sooner (I hope; I hope it doesn't turn into a Half Life 2 type debacle, but I do have other ideas ready if I need to keep filling time).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Car/Vehicle Thread Moonface 0 26 Apr 20th, 2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 45,210 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,332 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 63,125 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 50,137 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM