I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
If it my current game of choice a few hours everyday. I'm currently at over 1k hours in DBD and honestly I think my xiv hours are way over dbd.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
If it my current game of choice a few hours everyday. I'm currently at over 1k hours in DBD and honestly I think my xiv hours are way over dbd.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,645
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I feel like we should have a DbD thread just for how much it comes up lately, like how DL and EL have their Genshin thread. Tongue

Got my car back from service a few hours ago. $66 just for the synthetic oil. x.x
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,645 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I feel like we should have a DbD thread just for how much it comes up lately, like how DL and EL have their Genshin thread. Tongue

Got my car back from service a few hours ago. $66 just for the synthetic oil. x.x
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,819
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Editing has begun on the next rant. I didn't complete my goal of progress in the game like I planned on before editing, but I'll worry about that another time. I've been seriously burnt out lately, so I'm taking it easy these next few days to just recharge my batteries as best as I can while working on the vid in the off time I get. Also annoyingly, I still need to watch the FF13 cutscene compilation I found, AND I need to keep reading transcripts of MLP episodes to keep looking for good quotes. *sigh*
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,819 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Editing has begun on the next rant. I didn't complete my goal of progress in the game like I planned on before editing, but I'll worry about that another time. I've been seriously burnt out lately, so I'm taking it easy these next few days to just recharge my batteries as best as I can while working on the vid in the off time I get. Also annoyingly, I still need to watch the FF13 cutscene compilation I found, AND I need to keep reading transcripts of MLP episodes to keep looking for good quotes. *sigh*
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
How long are those transcripts @Maniakkid25? Hmm

Also, looks like Microsoft is making Windows 11, and some stuff has leaked for it:
https://twitter.com/NTDEV_/status/1404839504121368579
https://twitter.com/NTDEV_/status/1404859118310072325
https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/140...7726547971

Hated it when I first saw the blatant Mac OS rip off in the first link, but then I saw the second link after it which makes me feel better about it. I thought Windows 10 was meant to be the last version but I guess not.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
How long are those transcripts @Maniakkid25? Hmm

Also, looks like Microsoft is making Windows 11, and some stuff has leaked for it:
https://twitter.com/NTDEV_/status/1404839504121368579
https://twitter.com/NTDEV_/status/1404859118310072325
https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/140...7726547971

Hated it when I first saw the blatant Mac OS rip off in the first link, but then I saw the second link after it which makes me feel better about it. I thought Windows 10 was meant to be the last version but I guess not.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
It was, but times have clearly changed for them. They're allegedly trying to get out of the console race, after all.

The transcripts are relatively short. They take much less time to read than to actually watch the episodes, because it's just dialogue. What helps is that I can skip all the other characters because I'm just looking for Twilight Sparkle quotes. Still, what makes it tedious is if I run into a usable quote, I have to jot down what it is and where I found it so I can find it later if I need it, so this takes MUCH longer.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
It was, but times have clearly changed for them. They're allegedly trying to get out of the console race, after all.

The transcripts are relatively short. They take much less time to read than to actually watch the episodes, because it's just dialogue. What helps is that I can skip all the other characters because I'm just looking for Twilight Sparkle quotes. Still, what makes it tedious is if I run into a usable quote, I have to jot down what it is and where I found it so I can find it later if I need it, so this takes MUCH longer.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 15th, 2021, 07:53 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Really? Given the recent Bethesda acquisition and the push to get more things onto Xbox/Windows, it doesn't come off that way. I guess they could stop producing consoles and just have the games be on PC, but I can't see how that can make them more money than just keeping the Xbox consoles around, considering Microsoft doesn't tend to sell full PC's and Game Pass lets everyone get access to their games for considerably cheaper than buying them all.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 15th, 2021, 07:53 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Really? Given the recent Bethesda acquisition and the push to get more things onto Xbox/Windows, it doesn't come off that way. I guess they could stop producing consoles and just have the games be on PC, but I can't see how that can make them more money than just keeping the Xbox consoles around, considering Microsoft doesn't tend to sell full PC's and Game Pass lets everyone get access to their games for considerably cheaper than buying them all.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Ah, being out of the console market doesn't necessarily mean you stop supporting game development from happening. Besides, they have their Windows platform to still produce for even after Xbox the physical console goes away.

Looking into getting an electric kettle. Time to channel the inner Brit that Moony doesn't have within him and make some tea on the daily!
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Ah, being out of the console market doesn't necessarily mean you stop supporting game development from happening. Besides, they have their Windows platform to still produce for even after Xbox the physical console goes away.

Looking into getting an electric kettle. Time to channel the inner Brit that Moony doesn't have within him and make some tea on the daily!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 16th, 2021, 03:44 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I have it, I just don't have the part that likes tea because 1) never found a tea I liked and 2) also not a big fan of hot drinks. And yes, I know iced tea exists but that doesn't sound very appealing. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 16th, 2021, 03:44 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I have it, I just don't have the part that likes tea because 1) never found a tea I liked and 2) also not a big fan of hot drinks. And yes, I know iced tea exists but that doesn't sound very appealing. Tongue
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Well, based on their current moves, what with pushing Xbox playability onto phones and stuff, is to turn Xbox into another Cloud gaming system. Because, you know, that's totally working for Amazon and Google right now.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Well, based on their current moves, what with pushing Xbox playability onto phones and stuff, is to turn Xbox into another Cloud gaming system. Because, you know, that's totally working for Amazon and Google right now.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Cloud gaming only works as an option alongside physical/digital purchases. There's no point trying to do an entire platform with just the cloud because not everyone likes it, and there are a lot of places that simply lack the internet infrastructure to support it. I feel like there's been so many poor attempts with cloud gaming that any future attempts at it will struggle just for the bad stigma attached to it.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Cloud gaming only works as an option alongside physical/digital purchases. There's no point trying to do an entire platform with just the cloud because not everyone likes it, and there are a lot of places that simply lack the internet infrastructure to support it. I feel like there's been so many poor attempts with cloud gaming that any future attempts at it will struggle just for the bad stigma attached to it.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh boy a new windows! I can't wait for it to want more connectivity with my phone and maybe my consoles while its at it! Oh oh oh and maybe it need access to my toaster you never know when I'll want to tweet about my exciting life toasting bread! Truly we live in a magical age where technology is truly queen! Gasp

Silliness aside I am not really interested in this at all Windows 10 runs really well and frankly I don't really seem the point of the move even if they offer a free upgrade for it at least until Windows 10 is no longer supported which they tend to do at a very gradual place anyways.

I also wasn't aware that Nikki was the tea drinker in the relationship Gasp Does that mean Moony the coffee drinker?

Edit: Thinking about it more this windows update is what the PS4 ui is to the PS5 UI similiar but simplified.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh boy a new windows! I can't wait for it to want more connectivity with my phone and maybe my consoles while its at it! Oh oh oh and maybe it need access to my toaster you never know when I'll want to tweet about my exciting life toasting bread! Truly we live in a magical age where technology is truly queen! Gasp

Silliness aside I am not really interested in this at all Windows 10 runs really well and frankly I don't really seem the point of the move even if they offer a free upgrade for it at least until Windows 10 is no longer supported which they tend to do at a very gradual place anyways.

I also wasn't aware that Nikki was the tea drinker in the relationship Gasp Does that mean Moony the coffee drinker?

Edit: Thinking about it more this windows update is what the PS4 ui is to the PS5 UI similiar but simplified.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Windows 10 is apparently ending support in 2025. Whether I switch to 11 depends on if it's decent or a pile of shit like Windows 8 was.
Also you mentioning the PS5 UI, I hope W11 isn't a successor in the way the PS5 UI was to PS4. It's not bad, but there are some baffling decisions with it that I really disliked when I got my hands on it back during my Alabama trip.

I don't like coffee either. In fact that I just outright hate entirely. I will at least try tea, but just never found any I like and also the problem is I'm not a big fan of hot drinks.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Windows 10 is apparently ending support in 2025. Whether I switch to 11 depends on if it's decent or a pile of shit like Windows 8 was.
Also you mentioning the PS5 UI, I hope W11 isn't a successor in the way the PS5 UI was to PS4. It's not bad, but there are some baffling decisions with it that I really disliked when I got my hands on it back during my Alabama trip.

I don't like coffee either. In fact that I just outright hate entirely. I will at least try tea, but just never found any I like and also the problem is I'm not a big fan of hot drinks.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That would be the perfect time to replace my computer then thank you Microsoft for looking out for me! Grin I don't really like the PS5 UI more I like the task bar, but it also kinda sucks that all the social features are there now. Eh
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That would be the perfect time to replace my computer then thank you Microsoft for looking out for me! Grin I don't really like the PS5 UI more I like the task bar, but it also kinda sucks that all the social features are there now. Eh
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 16th, 2021, 11:47 PM)Karo Wrote:
...but it also kinda sucks that all the social features are there now. Eh
You referring to Windows or PS5 here?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 16th, 2021, 11:47 PM)Karo Wrote:
...but it also kinda sucks that all the social features are there now. Eh
You referring to Windows or PS5 here?
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Playstation 5 like the friend list is in the game bar menu which I guess make sense, but it also feels weird that it relegated to that part of the PS5 while in the PS4 you had your friends tab.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Playstation 5 like the friend list is in the game bar menu which I guess make sense, but it also feels weird that it relegated to that part of the PS5 while in the PS4 you had your friends tab.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 44,894 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,151 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 62,836 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 49,999 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 42,497 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM