Universal Chat Thread
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,548
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I mostly like her doing it because people who aren't as rich as her would never be able to fight this sort of thing, and then Disney could just get away with it because it would be in the news cycle for a day and then most people would forget and/or stop caring. Worst case scenario is Disney decides to just dick around with the actors who are worth less knowing they can't fight back and just play safe with those who can actually afford to make a case against them.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,548 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I mostly like her doing it because people who aren't as rich as her would never be able to fight this sort of thing, and then Disney could just get away with it because it would be in the news cycle for a day and then most people would forget and/or stop caring. Worst case scenario is Disney decides to just dick around with the actors who are worth less knowing they can't fight back and just play safe with those who can actually afford to make a case against them.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Well, yesterday was my final day shift, and now I get the next two days to flip my sleeps schedule around and I get to start on overnights on Sunday. Excited to finally have a job that lines up with my preferred sleep schedule, and I get to go back to being up all night.

It also means the start of beefy paychecks that will allow me to whale even harder in gacha games whoop whoop.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,798 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Well, yesterday was my final day shift, and now I get the next two days to flip my sleeps schedule around and I get to start on overnights on Sunday. Excited to finally have a job that lines up with my preferred sleep schedule, and I get to go back to being up all night.

It also means the start of beefy paychecks that will allow me to whale even harder in gacha games whoop whoop.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
How's everyone doing?
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
How's everyone doing?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Did you do anything other than training videos on those day shifts @Dragon Lord? Tongue

@Nightingale: I'm doing okay. Just really tired because I only got three hours of sleep last night so my energy is really low. Especially when I had to work today too. x.x
How are you doing? Smile

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Did you do anything other than training videos on those day shifts @Dragon Lord? Tongue

@Nightingale: I'm doing okay. Just really tired because I only got three hours of sleep last night so my energy is really low. Especially when I had to work today too. x.x
How are you doing? Smile
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
I'm fine, thanks.

Hope you can catch some sleep soon!
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
I'm fine, thanks.

Hope you can catch some sleep soon!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm just hoping I can catch some good sleep. I have work again tomorrow at 5am so unless I go to bed earlier than I would like I'm not going to get a long time in bed compared to my days off. Doh

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm just hoping I can catch some good sleep. I have work again tomorrow at 5am so unless I go to bed earlier than I would like I'm not going to get a long time in bed compared to my days off. Doh
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Aug 6th, 2021, 07:50 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Oh yeah, the videos only took me the first two shifts to complete. The last two weeks have been purely working out on the floor or in the kitchen. There's still some things exclusive to overnights that I need to learn, but for the most part I have everything else down pretty good.

I think they were surprised by how fast I learned everything. Both in the kitchen and out on the tills and whatnot. I mean, it must be a good thing when people on the day shift are (half-jokingly) asking if they can just keep me on days instead, haha. I've had a lot of them there tell me what an amazing job I'm already doing, but as someone who is pretty negative on myself (even if I'm doing everything perfect, in my mind I'm still telling myself that I'm fucking up and failing), so it's been hard for me to hear them tell me how great I am at the job. Like, even the Assistant Manager has told me that she was very pleasantly surprised by how good I am at it, and I still don't believe I am. I've never responded well to compliments from people at how I'm doing at my job because of that issue. 

You'd think that when I have both the Manager and Assistant Manager, along with several of the Leads, telling me that I'm awesome at the job, I'd be able to believe it, but nope. My mind still tells me that I'm terrible at the job and worthless.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Aug 6th, 2021, 07:50 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Oh yeah, the videos only took me the first two shifts to complete. The last two weeks have been purely working out on the floor or in the kitchen. There's still some things exclusive to overnights that I need to learn, but for the most part I have everything else down pretty good.

I think they were surprised by how fast I learned everything. Both in the kitchen and out on the tills and whatnot. I mean, it must be a good thing when people on the day shift are (half-jokingly) asking if they can just keep me on days instead, haha. I've had a lot of them there tell me what an amazing job I'm already doing, but as someone who is pretty negative on myself (even if I'm doing everything perfect, in my mind I'm still telling myself that I'm fucking up and failing), so it's been hard for me to hear them tell me how great I am at the job. Like, even the Assistant Manager has told me that she was very pleasantly surprised by how good I am at it, and I still don't believe I am. I've never responded well to compliments from people at how I'm doing at my job because of that issue. 

You'd think that when I have both the Manager and Assistant Manager, along with several of the Leads, telling me that I'm awesome at the job, I'd be able to believe it, but nope. My mind still tells me that I'm terrible at the job and worthless.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Good morning y'all.
When leaves have fallen.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Good morning y'all.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Welp, my Pathfinder game ended on a bittersweet note.

So, we fought the final boss, and just before the killing blow could be dealt...my character died. Like "you instantly drop dead from too much damage" died. I was the only one who died, too. It's a righy same, but hey, that's how the dice landed. I might have survived if I did a turn in a different order, but it's entirely possible that the boss wouldn't have died when she did when that happened.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Welp, my Pathfinder game ended on a bittersweet note.

So, we fought the final boss, and just before the killing blow could be dealt...my character died. Like "you instantly drop dead from too much damage" died. I was the only one who died, too. It's a righy same, but hey, that's how the dice landed. I might have survived if I did a turn in a different order, but it's entirely possible that the boss wouldn't have died when she did when that happened.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Dragon Lord: Oh, is it a restaurant job or something, given that there's kitchens? I thought it was a grocery store type job but it looks like I might've been mistaken. XD

@Nightingale: It's not morning for me now, so good evening instead. How's your day been? Smile

@Maniakkid25: Is Pathfinder like DnD? It sounds similar with the dice and whatnot that you mentioned happening.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Dragon Lord: Oh, is it a restaurant job or something, given that there's kitchens? I thought it was a grocery store type job but it looks like I might've been mistaken. XD

@Nightingale: It's not morning for me now, so good evening instead. How's your day been? Smile

@Maniakkid25: Is Pathfinder like DnD? It sounds similar with the dice and whatnot that you mentioned happening.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
It's exactly like D&D. In fact, Pathfinder began as an evolution of D&D 3.5e. Do keep in mind, though, just because it's a tabletop RPG does not mean its a D&D clone.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
It's exactly like D&D. In fact, Pathfinder began as an evolution of D&D 3.5e. Do keep in mind, though, just because it's a tabletop RPG does not mean its a D&D clone.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Aug 7th, 2021, 11:09 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Convenience store. They have hot, ready-to-go food, so that's where the kitchen comes in. Not sure how much I'll end up working the kitchen on overnights though. Doesn't look like they have me scheduled in there for the next three weeks. 

I'm kind of surprised, because I figured they'd want me to get experience in doing the bakery stuff immediately. Considering some nights you need to frost/prep several hundred bakery items.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Aug 7th, 2021, 11:09 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Convenience store. They have hot, ready-to-go food, so that's where the kitchen comes in. Not sure how much I'll end up working the kitchen on overnights though. Doesn't look like they have me scheduled in there for the next three weeks. 

I'm kind of surprised, because I figured they'd want me to get experience in doing the bakery stuff immediately. Considering some nights you need to frost/prep several hundred bakery items.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
That's good you gt to start your new job today DL. Gotta get that more moolah in the bank.

One more day, more like 18 hours before I go back to work for long shifts again. Suppose I had a long rest. Last night was not fun, cat gave us a scare. Sister scheduled her vet visit a week later than I thought, but yesterday our cat started to throw up and try to relieve herself anywhere she could, turned out she had a slug stuck to her. We got it off, had to clean the carpet in the areas where she did let stuff out. I sat with her afterwards while I had a late dinner, seems back to "normal" now, we hope.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,123 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
That's good you gt to start your new job today DL. Gotta get that more moolah in the bank.

One more day, more like 18 hours before I go back to work for long shifts again. Suppose I had a long rest. Last night was not fun, cat gave us a scare. Sister scheduled her vet visit a week later than I thought, but yesterday our cat started to throw up and try to relieve herself anywhere she could, turned out she had a slug stuck to her. We got it off, had to clean the carpet in the areas where she did let stuff out. I sat with her afterwards while I had a late dinner, seems back to "normal" now, we hope.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Poor baby. What a strange reaction from having a slug on you? Unless they're poisonous or something Unsure Hope she continues to do better in the future Smile

Sorry to hear about your character @Maniakkid25 that's probably the worst possible thing that could happen. I hope your party's characters honored your character for their valiant efforts in their final battle. Cry

I can't imagine you'll be doing much kitchen work if you expect there to be not a lot of people consuming ready-made items from a convenience store during the night ROFL though, just be careful you don't accidentally cause a botulism outbreak by mishandling the food Shock
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Poor baby. What a strange reaction from having a slug on you? Unless they're poisonous or something Unsure Hope she continues to do better in the future Smile

Sorry to hear about your character @Maniakkid25 that's probably the worst possible thing that could happen. I hope your party's characters honored your character for their valiant efforts in their final battle. Cry

I can't imagine you'll be doing much kitchen work if you expect there to be not a lot of people consuming ready-made items from a convenience store during the night ROFL though, just be careful you don't accidentally cause a botulism outbreak by mishandling the food Shock
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
(Aug 8th, 2021, 07:39 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

You kidding? I was basically the group pet lol! Apparently in the epilogue, I got two statues in my name, MADE BY THE PLAYERS! I was playing the group face (which is the absolute WORST role I can play IRL), and I was basically, by group vote, best character. I was shipped with another PC, even! So, yeah, the ending I got, despite the death, was definitely good.

Also, the worst possible thing that can happen is not "character dead"; the worst possible thing that can happen is "character keep dying, and I refuse to let him stay dead" XD! Poor Serph...
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
(Aug 8th, 2021, 07:39 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

You kidding? I was basically the group pet lol! Apparently in the epilogue, I got two statues in my name, MADE BY THE PLAYERS! I was playing the group face (which is the absolute WORST role I can play IRL), and I was basically, by group vote, best character. I was shipped with another PC, even! So, yeah, the ending I got, despite the death, was definitely good.

Also, the worst possible thing that can happen is not "character dead"; the worst possible thing that can happen is "character keep dying, and I refuse to let him stay dead" XD! Poor Serph...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Car/Vehicle Thread Moonface 0 33 Apr 20th, 2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 45,463 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,404 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 63,231 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 50,243 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM