Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Hey, of all the things you could have been diagnosed with, that ain't too bad. That was my diagnosis before the Autism one came in, so I know a bit about how it goes. Just be careful with the meds; quite a few of them are basically amphetamines, so they can really mess you up if you aren't careful.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Hey, of all the things you could have been diagnosed with, that ain't too bad. That was my diagnosis before the Autism one came in, so I know a bit about how it goes. Just be careful with the meds; quite a few of them are basically amphetamines, so they can really mess you up if you aren't careful.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I got ritalin although I can't pick it up until tomorrow. The hardest thing for me right now is trying to even tell what I do or am doing that is actually due to ADD or ADHD. I'm so focused on trying to figure out what is and isn't that I keep doubting everything. >.<
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I got ritalin although I can't pick it up until tomorrow. The hardest thing for me right now is trying to even tell what I do or am doing that is actually due to ADD or ADHD. I'm so focused on trying to figure out what is and isn't that I keep doubting everything. >.<
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Trust me: you will only drive yourself either insane or deeper into your condition if you keep focusing on it. Just keep calm, and worry about correcting a behavior if it is directly deleterious to your health or well-being. It's not worth getting caught up in the small details; it only drives you crazier.

Edit: just as an example, I can relate something I go through. One of the most common symptoms of Autism is Stereotypy, also called "Stimming". This is repetitive movements for seemingly no reason. In real life, when I'm standing, I step around a LOT, just back and forth. I rock, I'll switch standing positions, or I'll just pace in one spot. I know it's a thing I do, but because it's not something people usually comment on, I don't think about it too much. If I try to catch myself every moment of every day, I'd just burn my energy reserves constantly concentrating on that.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Trust me: you will only drive yourself either insane or deeper into your condition if you keep focusing on it. Just keep calm, and worry about correcting a behavior if it is directly deleterious to your health or well-being. It's not worth getting caught up in the small details; it only drives you crazier.

Edit: just as an example, I can relate something I go through. One of the most common symptoms of Autism is Stereotypy, also called "Stimming". This is repetitive movements for seemingly no reason. In real life, when I'm standing, I step around a LOT, just back and forth. I rock, I'll switch standing positions, or I'll just pace in one spot. I know it's a thing I do, but because it's not something people usually comment on, I don't think about it too much. If I try to catch myself every moment of every day, I'd just burn my energy reserves constantly concentrating on that.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think I've ever seen the word deleterious before. Blink

Good point though. I think it's just because my therapist said it was incredibly obvious to her I had it so it got me incredibly self conscious as to what the hell I do that screams I have it. Sweat

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think I've ever seen the word deleterious before. Blink

Good point though. I think it's just because my therapist said it was incredibly obvious to her I had it so it got me incredibly self conscious as to what the hell I do that screams I have it. Sweat
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
That's just the thing: someone who knows what to look for is someone who's seen it so many times its second nature. I once had a customer who was a retired psychologist, and she had me pegged for Asperger's in a TEN MINUTE CONVERSATION, and she was right! The only thing you can really do is look up the classic behaviors, and see if you can identify if you do them or not, but it's going to be harder because you haven't been trained or taught to look for it. I will say this: if your therapist can peg you for ADHD that quickly, KEEP HER!
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
That's just the thing: someone who knows what to look for is someone who's seen it so many times its second nature. I once had a customer who was a retired psychologist, and she had me pegged for Asperger's in a TEN MINUTE CONVERSATION, and she was right! The only thing you can really do is look up the classic behaviors, and see if you can identify if you do them or not, but it's going to be harder because you haven't been trained or taught to look for it. I will say this: if your therapist can peg you for ADHD that quickly, KEEP HER!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, I basically went in and said "My psychiatrist said to ask you about ADD" and she basically stopped me there and said she knew I had that ages ago, but was waiting to bring it up based on my progress with my other medications and my depression/anxiety so that I didn't get too much on my plate at once. ROFL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, I basically went in and said "My psychiatrist said to ask you about ADD" and she basically stopped me there and said she knew I had that ages ago, but was waiting to bring it up based on my progress with my other medications and my depression/anxiety so that I didn't get too much on my plate at once. ROFL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Think you meant to say therapist there ROFL

Hoping the more support you have for it, the less alienated and confused you'll start to feel. Smile
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Think you meant to say therapist there ROFL

Hoping the more support you have for it, the less alienated and confused you'll start to feel. Smile
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
There nothing wrong with that Moony everyone is different. Gasp I do hope that this will help with your headaches cause those headache don't sound fun at all!
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
There nothing wrong with that Moony everyone is different. Gasp I do hope that this will help with your headaches cause those headache don't sound fun at all!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 18th, 2021, 03:34 PM)Karo Wrote:
I don't think my headaches are linked to having ADD and ADHD. It might be because of my new depression medication I got about two months ago which apparently has the potential to cause headaches. I assume my MRI was clear because I never heard back from the doctor.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 18th, 2021, 03:34 PM)Karo Wrote:
I don't think my headaches are linked to having ADD and ADHD. It might be because of my new depression medication I got about two months ago which apparently has the potential to cause headaches. I assume my MRI was clear because I never heard back from the doctor.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah I'm hoping the answer is as simple as the medication. I think you're naturally prone to migraines (see: before on the sundays) but the medicine could possibly cause the dailies. Best case scenario: you get moved down the medicine and possibly something for migraine prevention going forward Smile
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah I'm hoping the answer is as simple as the medication. I think you're naturally prone to migraines (see: before on the sundays) but the medicine could possibly cause the dailies. Best case scenario: you get moved down the medicine and possibly something for migraine prevention going forward Smile
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
What, ADHD? Or as you put it ADD without the H part? Because I don't think of you as someone who acts without thinking and is hyperactive. So that would be without the H then, but I wouldn't say that you have the rest either. Although I haven't been around you in person for a while now so maybe my view's wrong now.

Sounds like Maniak has given you really good advice though, so yes follow that! Hope your sessions can start to turn things around maybe or at least help on how to deal with that, plus better medication.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
What, ADHD? Or as you put it ADD without the H part? Because I don't think of you as someone who acts without thinking and is hyperactive. So that would be without the H then, but I wouldn't say that you have the rest either. Although I haven't been around you in person for a while now so maybe my view's wrong now.

Sounds like Maniak has given you really good advice though, so yes follow that! Hope your sessions can start to turn things around maybe or at least help on how to deal with that, plus better medication.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Ah, the "Hyperactivity" part tends to apply to childhood diagnoses; it tends to manifest in other ways as an adult, such as restlessness, trouble focusing, etc. You can read a little bit about his symptoms here. Smile

I think once he gets it managed, he'll be a lot more happy and able to manage himself better. Still, I'm glad he was able to get it recognized and treated, sooner than later.

Looking forward to coming home later. Not looking forward to work tomorrow though [Image: 4]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Ah, the "Hyperactivity" part tends to apply to childhood diagnoses; it tends to manifest in other ways as an adult, such as restlessness, trouble focusing, etc. You can read a little bit about his symptoms here. Smile

I think once he gets it managed, he'll be a lot more happy and able to manage himself better. Still, I'm glad he was able to get it recognized and treated, sooner than later.

Looking forward to coming home later. Not looking forward to work tomorrow though [Image: 4]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Was reading that page just now, so it internalises in maturity. Then looked at the two coloumns for attentiveness and hyperactivity for both children and adults, then treatment. Apparently work and educational places in US should have accomodations and academic adjustments, although that's if it's diagnosed as a disability. Hope it's not that extreme, but then again the more help the better?

I did work late yesterday for department cleaning again, and about to go in for 10am today. Really don't want to XD .
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Was reading that page just now, so it internalises in maturity. Then looked at the two coloumns for attentiveness and hyperactivity for both children and adults, then treatment. Apparently work and educational places in US should have accomodations and academic adjustments, although that's if it's diagnosed as a disability. Hope it's not that extreme, but then again the more help the better?

I did work late yesterday for department cleaning again, and about to go in for 10am today. Really don't want to XD .
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 20th, 2021, 09:45 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Was reading that page just now, so it internalises in maturity. Then looked at the two coloumns for attentiveness and hyperactivity for both children and adults, then treatment. Apparently work and educational places in US should have accomodations and  academic adjustments, although that's if it's diagnosed as a disability. Hope it's not that extreme, but then again the more help the better?
I think by default it's a disability, or if not considering I ticked almost every box for a textbook case then I at least fall into the realm of disability classification. I don't really see what my job could do to accommodate it though since the only thing I do at work is get distracted by my phone a lot, but I don't really want to walk up to a manager and admit I do that when maybe they aren't even aware I'm doing it that much in the first place. Feels better to just shut up unless it gets noticed. Tongue

I think I'm going to do my class from home today too. I know the second part of the lecture is already pretty short (it's already online, I just didn't actually watch it yet) and it feels like a waste to drive to campus for what will likely be less than an hour of class. Errm

How was everybody's weekend by the way? I really wanted to get a lot of stuff done and I don't think I did any of it. Doh

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 20th, 2021, 09:45 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Was reading that page just now, so it internalises in maturity. Then looked at the two coloumns for attentiveness and hyperactivity for both children and adults, then treatment. Apparently work and educational places in US should have accomodations and  academic adjustments, although that's if it's diagnosed as a disability. Hope it's not that extreme, but then again the more help the better?
I think by default it's a disability, or if not considering I ticked almost every box for a textbook case then I at least fall into the realm of disability classification. I don't really see what my job could do to accommodate it though since the only thing I do at work is get distracted by my phone a lot, but I don't really want to walk up to a manager and admit I do that when maybe they aren't even aware I'm doing it that much in the first place. Feels better to just shut up unless it gets noticed. Tongue

I think I'm going to do my class from home today too. I know the second part of the lecture is already pretty short (it's already online, I just didn't actually watch it yet) and it feels like a waste to drive to campus for what will likely be less than an hour of class. Errm

How was everybody's weekend by the way? I really wanted to get a lot of stuff done and I don't think I did any of it. Doh
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Oh, alright then. Yeah keep that to yourself. XD

My weekend was mainly work oriented most of the time while relaxing a bit when I could. Monday was bad like Mondays normally are for work, until we get at least someone new to join to help carry some of the weight.
Today started annoying as I had a bad night, then numerous (OK 13) little annoyances I kept finding piled on top of my mind, so I was at a last straw point so if one more thing happened I disliked, I'd clock out for the day. Decided to have an early break and listened to music and calmed down. Weds are easy calm days so no need to lose it then. Plus we have a new/second section leader for Weds-Sats now so at least Friday and Saturday will be less stressful. Grin .....until they "decide" they're not worth it and take him away again.  Glare
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Oh, alright then. Yeah keep that to yourself. XD

My weekend was mainly work oriented most of the time while relaxing a bit when I could. Monday was bad like Mondays normally are for work, until we get at least someone new to join to help carry some of the weight.
Today started annoying as I had a bad night, then numerous (OK 13) little annoyances I kept finding piled on top of my mind, so I was at a last straw point so if one more thing happened I disliked, I'd clock out for the day. Decided to have an early break and listened to music and calmed down. Weds are easy calm days so no need to lose it then. Plus we have a new/second section leader for Weds-Sats now so at least Friday and Saturday will be less stressful. Grin .....until they "decide" they're not worth it and take him away again.  Glare

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 239 43,475 Today, 03:28 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 21,527 Yesterday, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 62,181 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 49,043 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 41,700 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM