Universal Chat Thread
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I've had a shift like that before where stuff kept stopping me from getting my work done, and in the end I just punched out early because I saw no point in staying any longer since I knew I barely had time to do anything, and if one more thing came up I'd have to deal with then I wouldn't even get that one thing done so why bother? XD
Luckily the day that happened was a day where the DM keeps visiting now, so the problems that would occur won't dare happen in front of him so the store suddenly gives a shit to not have me be the sole person dealing with things outside my department. Tongue

Just got done with my therapy for the week. Was overall pleasant and helped me clear up a few things I wanted to understand about myself in relation to my ADD because a lot of people I asked were giving me things that don't apply to me so I was still feeling a bit lost. XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I've had a shift like that before where stuff kept stopping me from getting my work done, and in the end I just punched out early because I saw no point in staying any longer since I knew I barely had time to do anything, and if one more thing came up I'd have to deal with then I wouldn't even get that one thing done so why bother? XD
Luckily the day that happened was a day where the DM keeps visiting now, so the problems that would occur won't dare happen in front of him so the store suddenly gives a shit to not have me be the sole person dealing with things outside my department. Tongue

Just got done with my therapy for the week. Was overall pleasant and helped me clear up a few things I wanted to understand about myself in relation to my ADD because a lot of people I asked were giving me things that don't apply to me so I was still feeling a bit lost. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
It's funny because it was mostly things I'd usually deal with if I came across them normally without question, but because it was so many one after another I lost all motivation and got angered. I didn't show it of course, I could've easily got on with filling the shop floor as none of it was related to that, but then again it would've been on my mind all the time. Was more willing to home, though. XD

Ah, glad the therapy sessions went well. Grin
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
It's funny because it was mostly things I'd usually deal with if I came across them normally without question, but because it was so many one after another I lost all motivation and got angered. I didn't show it of course, I could've easily got on with filling the shop floor as none of it was related to that, but then again it would've been on my mind all the time. Was more willing to home, though. XD

Ah, glad the therapy sessions went well. Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I had no one to even show I stopped giving a shit on the shift I mentioned because I was basically the only grocery clerk in the entire store. Rolleyes

Found out I've possibly got an infection from when I ate out last week because I've been feeling unwell since then and having trouble digesting food properly. I was convinced it was going to be IBS but the doctor didn't think it was.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I had no one to even show I stopped giving a shit on the shift I mentioned because I was basically the only grocery clerk in the entire store. Rolleyes

Found out I've possibly got an infection from when I ate out last week because I've been feeling unwell since then and having trouble digesting food properly. I was convinced it was going to be IBS but the doctor didn't think it was.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Yeah, get a second opinion, preferably with a CT scan or something, because that's what happened to me: the nurses were convinced I had a parasite, then a blockage, so I suffered for a MONTH with being unable to stomach food and defecating ACTUAL BLOOD (which, by the way, the nurse outright refused to believe) until FINALLY the hospital did a CT scan, and said "Oh, shit; we need a colonoscopy".
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Yeah, get a second opinion, preferably with a CT scan or something, because that's what happened to me: the nurses were convinced I had a parasite, then a blockage, so I suffered for a MONTH with being unable to stomach food and defecating ACTUAL BLOOD (which, by the way, the nurse outright refused to believe) until FINALLY the hospital did a CT scan, and said "Oh, shit; we need a colonoscopy".
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well I'm not as bad as you were, and as much as a second opinion could appeal to me my insurance expired so I'd have to eat the entire cost. I did get antibiotics though so I'll just see how those go and go from there. I just hope I don't end up needing any procedures done because i don't expect it'll be cheap for me. D=

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well I'm not as bad as you were, and as much as a second opinion could appeal to me my insurance expired so I'd have to eat the entire cost. I did get antibiotics though so I'll just see how those go and go from there. I just hope I don't end up needing any procedures done because i don't expect it'll be cheap for me. D=
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Don't worry I was skeptical, too, Maniak; he's had it for much longer than the doctor was notified of (poor Moony's time perception is off) and I wasn't thinking it could even possibly still be an infection considering those generally pass no more than 5 days later. Also why I had him go to a gastroenterologist and not a regular doctor. So far, however, the antibiotic he received is doing its job and Moony does seem to be improving. Hoping it was just a long-staying infection.

I'm finally having my first day off in over two weeks tomorrow. I was mourning the loss of my freetime last night, and even now it's still kinda bittersweet, but at least tomorrow I'm seeing RL friends while they're in the area and that'll surely rejuvenate some of the recovery juices I need to move on in life.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Don't worry I was skeptical, too, Maniak; he's had it for much longer than the doctor was notified of (poor Moony's time perception is off) and I wasn't thinking it could even possibly still be an infection considering those generally pass no more than 5 days later. Also why I had him go to a gastroenterologist and not a regular doctor. So far, however, the antibiotic he received is doing its job and Moony does seem to be improving. Hoping it was just a long-staying infection.

I'm finally having my first day off in over two weeks tomorrow. I was mourning the loss of my freetime last night, and even now it's still kinda bittersweet, but at least tomorrow I'm seeing RL friends while they're in the area and that'll surely rejuvenate some of the recovery juices I need to move on in life.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Just....please life, leave Moony alone!

Had a good Friday and Saturday, Sunday too sort of. Went out for a walk Saturday with my friend, dad and sister, the latter hadn't done the specific walk for a year so it was good to do that with them. Sunday saw my brother, his partner went out with her future sister-in-law so he stayed here for a bit. I didn't exactly get to do what I would've like to which was to play a Mario Kart game with him but I didn't want to get in the way.
However my nan went into hospital again on Friday or Saturday morning, lasted until Sunday late evening as we got the news last night. It was kind of expected though from what state she was in before she went back in, although my mum did phone my step granddad before that as he went in yesterday to visit and it sounded better than we'd thought. Must've took a bad turn suddenly. That or she just didn't want to deal with carers anymore, she hated them. XD I shouldn't have joked then, I know I'll be in a state at the funeral. Eh. Just happy I got the day off today beforehand so I didn't need to call in and have tomorrow off as normal, my sister also had a week off so she has no work either until later in the week.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Just....please life, leave Moony alone!

Had a good Friday and Saturday, Sunday too sort of. Went out for a walk Saturday with my friend, dad and sister, the latter hadn't done the specific walk for a year so it was good to do that with them. Sunday saw my brother, his partner went out with her future sister-in-law so he stayed here for a bit. I didn't exactly get to do what I would've like to which was to play a Mario Kart game with him but I didn't want to get in the way.
However my nan went into hospital again on Friday or Saturday morning, lasted until Sunday late evening as we got the news last night. It was kind of expected though from what state she was in before she went back in, although my mum did phone my step granddad before that as he went in yesterday to visit and it sounded better than we'd thought. Must've took a bad turn suddenly. That or she just didn't want to deal with carers anymore, she hated them. XD I shouldn't have joked then, I know I'll be in a state at the funeral. Eh. Just happy I got the day off today beforehand so I didn't need to call in and have tomorrow off as normal, my sister also had a week off so she has no work either until later in the week.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: That's how my work feels too. My coworker and manager are both just like "Who put a curse on you and why?" XD

When you say your brothers partner went out with her future sister-in-law, did she go out with the future bride of a brother she has? Or did she go out with your sister and your brother is getting married at some point and I just didn't know he'd popped the question?
Sorry to hear about your nan though EL. How old was she? Sad

I also don't know where else to mention it, but I found out this morning that WWE's PPV last night ended by having the top rope just randomly snap while the challenger for the title was standing on it and he got pinned from that. No tampering with it, it just magically broke. That combined with Peacock having the audacity to put ads on during the event pretty much solidifies that the second chance I was giving WWE for the decent stuff they had been doing earlier in the year has run its course. I'm not paying for ads and booking that a child wouldn't even come up with. Rolleyes

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Mr EliteL: That's how my work feels too. My coworker and manager are both just like "Who put a curse on you and why?" XD

When you say your brothers partner went out with her future sister-in-law, did she go out with the future bride of a brother she has? Or did she go out with your sister and your brother is getting married at some point and I just didn't know he'd popped the question?

I also don't know where else to mention it, but I found out this morning that WWE's PPV last night ended by having the top rope just randomly snap while the challenger for the title was standing on it and he got pinned from that. No tampering with it, it just magically broke. That combined with Peacock having the audacity to put ads on during the event pretty much solidifies that the second chance I was giving WWE for the decent stuff they had been doing earlier in the year has run its course. I'm not paying for ads and booking that a child wouldn't even come up with. Rolleyes
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I'm sorry to hear about your lost EL I'm glad you have some time off to mourn and do whatever that might mean to you everyone mourns differently.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I'm sorry to hear about your lost EL I'm glad you have some time off to mourn and do whatever that might mean to you everyone mourns differently.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Sep 27th, 2021, 03:24 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Perhaps I didn't mention it but yeah, they're getting married next year, so the sister-in-law meant my sister. XD 

Thanks both of you. My nan was 87. My step grandad is 89. My mum, brother and his partner are all going up there tomorrow. If they lived in a bigger place perhaps my sister and myself would go over too, but it's rather small and his son is there as well and that's too many people. Plus we have yet more bad news as there seems to be a sniper on our family at the moment. My dad got an ominous call from the home my aunt is in that they've got her sitting comfortably and ready for him to visit anytime he wants despite the usual rules they have for visitors, which we've all taken as she hasn't got long left either. Given she's been an empty shell for 3 years, it was only a matter of time for her too. Just gotta wait for that call, but hopefully if she does go my dad and her friend will get to see her tomorrow before then.
I plan to go to work as normal Wednesday.

This damn stupid fuel crisis the idiots of our country have caused is really going hamper us. >.< Maybe...
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Sep 27th, 2021, 03:24 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Perhaps I didn't mention it but yeah, they're getting married next year, so the sister-in-law meant my sister. XD 

Thanks both of you. My nan was 87. My step grandad is 89. My mum, brother and his partner are all going up there tomorrow. If they lived in a bigger place perhaps my sister and myself would go over too, but it's rather small and his son is there as well and that's too many people. Plus we have yet more bad news as there seems to be a sniper on our family at the moment. My dad got an ominous call from the home my aunt is in that they've got her sitting comfortably and ready for him to visit anytime he wants despite the usual rules they have for visitors, which we've all taken as she hasn't got long left either. Given she's been an empty shell for 3 years, it was only a matter of time for her too. Just gotta wait for that call, but hopefully if she does go my dad and her friend will get to see her tomorrow before then.
I plan to go to work as normal Wednesday.

This damn stupid fuel crisis the idiots of our country have caused is really going hamper us. >.< Maybe...
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For a moment there I thought you meant a literal sniper was hunting your aunt down and sending out ominous phone calls like some crazy spy thriller. XD

Ah yes, the fuel crisis that wouldn't have happened if everyone listened and didn't panic buy like they were told. I think whenever there's a shortage that won't turn bad if everyone doesn't panic buy the item in question that it shouldn't be reported, because that's the only way you can expect people to not be stupid is if they don't know about it.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For a moment there I thought you meant a literal sniper was hunting your aunt down and sending out ominous phone calls like some crazy spy thriller. XD

Ah yes, the fuel crisis that wouldn't have happened if everyone listened and didn't panic buy like they were told. I think whenever there's a shortage that won't turn bad if everyone doesn't panic buy the item in question that it shouldn't be reported, because that's the only way you can expect people to not be stupid is if they don't know about it.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah, that gave a much needed laugh. XD

I agree on that, whoever decided they needed to report on the delivery situation, yet everything was going to be fine if people acted normal, they wouldn't be a mess right now. Still there's people queuing when I went out to get a takeaway at our supermarket's petrol station. You'd think in the evening things might be quieter but perhaps all them had the same idea. Wondering if people are panicking so much they're coming back just after a day's drive or two to fill up again. Apart from those who filled up their jerry cans, or a freaking dustbin! Luckily the latter person was dealt with. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Ah, that gave a much needed laugh. XD

I agree on that, whoever decided they needed to report on the delivery situation, yet everything was going to be fine if people acted normal, they wouldn't be a mess right now. Still there's people queuing when I went out to get a takeaway at our supermarket's petrol station. You'd think in the evening things might be quieter but perhaps all them had the same idea. Wondering if people are panicking so much they're coming back just after a day's drive or two to fill up again. Apart from those who filled up their jerry cans, or a freaking dustbin! Luckily the latter person was dealt with. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
They should just station people over there to limit everyone to only filling their vehicles and nothing more. There's no reason anyone needs to fill up jerry cans or anything else with petrol. Rolleyes

Mind you, over here I have customers bulk buying things because they've come to realise we're only getting limited supplies of certain foods. Before the price went up too much for anyone to stomach, I had customers buying like...6+ boxes of ice cream bars because they knew we had been having problems getting them in, and decided to stock up in case the problem came back (fun fact, they're the reason it'll come back in the first place). I don't want to think what it'll be like when all the stupid snowbirds come down in a couple of weeks from now and start buying tons of food to refill their homes for the Winter. Errm

Did hope I'd go into class physically today but I just mentally wasn't up to it. Tried to do the class online but stopped watching the pre-recorded lecture after 10 minutes because I just couldn't get in the mood to ingest anything I was looking at or hearing. Eh

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
They should just station people over there to limit everyone to only filling their vehicles and nothing more. There's no reason anyone needs to fill up jerry cans or anything else with petrol. Rolleyes

Mind you, over here I have customers bulk buying things because they've come to realise we're only getting limited supplies of certain foods. Before the price went up too much for anyone to stomach, I had customers buying like...6+ boxes of ice cream bars because they knew we had been having problems getting them in, and decided to stock up in case the problem came back (fun fact, they're the reason it'll come back in the first place). I don't want to think what it'll be like when all the stupid snowbirds come down in a couple of weeks from now and start buying tons of food to refill their homes for the Winter. Errm

Did hope I'd go into class physically today but I just mentally wasn't up to it. Tried to do the class online but stopped watching the pre-recorded lecture after 10 minutes because I just couldn't get in the mood to ingest anything I was looking at or hearing. Eh
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah, dislike the way some customers think, which in turn influences other who normally don't to join in because of them. Or everyone's still on edge from what we've had the past almost two years now, anything that sounds remotely bad triggers them to think the worst will happen. Or just plain selfishness.

Do you have lessons/lectures all week or are they spread in the week? If there isn't any tomorrow maybe a fresh day is better, unless you have work too to deal with. Don't know what to suggest.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah, dislike the way some customers think, which in turn influences other who normally don't to join in because of them. Or everyone's still on edge from what we've had the past almost two years now, anything that sounds remotely bad triggers them to think the worst will happen. Or just plain selfishness.

Do you have lessons/lectures all week or are they spread in the week? If there isn't any tomorrow maybe a fresh day is better, unless you have work too to deal with. Don't know what to suggest.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, it just reminds me of the toilet paper shortage. Those who didn't want to panic buy ended up having to do so otherwise they wouldn't be able to get any because of everyone else already panic buying it, which then just makes the situation worse. Fortunately I don't think anything involving actual products in stores will have something like that happen again, at least while the pandemic is still going.

I only have one lecture which is on a Monday from 4pm to 6:50pm (although she generally ends by 5:30 because the lectures don't need the entire 3 hour period to be covered). I've been in a mental rut for a few days now and thought I was out of it yesterday, but seems it's still lingering. At least going to work tomorrow will be okay because it's the one day I have with my coworker so I'm not working by myself the whole shift. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, it just reminds me of the toilet paper shortage. Those who didn't want to panic buy ended up having to do so otherwise they wouldn't be able to get any because of everyone else already panic buying it, which then just makes the situation worse. Fortunately I don't think anything involving actual products in stores will have something like that happen again, at least while the pandemic is still going.

I only have one lecture which is on a Monday from 4pm to 6:50pm (although she generally ends by 5:30 because the lectures don't need the entire 3 hour period to be covered). I've been in a mental rut for a few days now and thought I was out of it yesterday, but seems it's still lingering. At least going to work tomorrow will be okay because it's the one day I have with my coworker so I'm not working by myself the whole shift. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 239 43,475 Yesterday, 03:28 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 21,527 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 62,181 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 49,043 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 41,700 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM