Universal Chat Thread
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm hoping those mental ruts have lessened and your health has been on the upswing! Self care is so important and your improvements have been so good!

Today I did my normal Wednesday weigh-in, and while I lost my usual 1lb and drop in Body Fat %, a cool thing happened: I also gained muscle mass! Our fitness routines have been paying off. ^_^
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm hoping those mental ruts have lessened and your health has been on the upswing! Self care is so important and your improvements have been so good!

Today I did my normal Wednesday weigh-in, and while I lost my usual 1lb and drop in Body Fat %, a cool thing happened: I also gained muscle mass! Our fitness routines have been paying off. ^_^
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So I just found out I left in a nip slip in one of my videos, so now I have to use Youtube's in-browser editor to get rid of that before someone slaps me for it. That's what I get for not paying attention!
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So I just found out I left in a nip slip in one of my videos, so now I have to use Youtube's in-browser editor to get rid of that before someone slaps me for it. That's what I get for not paying attention!
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
(Sep 16th, 2021, 03:49 PM)Moonface Wrote:
So yesterday I got diagnosed with ADD/ADHD, and trying to understand all of it and not get too hard on myself over it. Unsure
Didn't really want to double post but I needed to get this off my chest because it's really bothering me. Meh

*Hugs*.

Ewww! I touched a Brit! Tongue

But seriously, I hope it all goes well for you going forward. I know it can be a lot to take in (especially when it comes out-of-the-blue), but I'm sure you'll feel much better once the initial impression wears out.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
So yesterday I got diagnosed with ADD/ADHD, and trying to understand all of it and not get too hard on myself over it. Unsure
Didn't really want to double post but I needed to get this off my chest because it's really bothering me. Meh

*Hugs*.

But seriously, I hope it all goes well for you going forward. I know it can be a lot to take in (especially when it comes out-of-the-blue), but I'm sure you'll feel much better once the initial impression wears out.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Oct 8th, 2021, 06:09 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Time stamp please. Creep

(Oct 8th, 2021, 05:41 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

*Hugs*.

Yeah, it doesn't affect me as much now as it did at the time I got diagnosed. The hardest part was trying to figure out how good my medication was working because I had to make an effort to take notice of anything different and eventually managed to start cracking it. I did unfortunately forget to take my medication for it today so my entire work shift was spent being completely scatter brained and distracted which sucked after not having that feeling for the past few weeks.

I guess on the bright side that wasn't the worst part of my shift. The worst was being asked to stay an hour late, and then spending half of that time on lunch and the other half of it on the phone to a customer. They only called to ask if we had fat free milk and somehow they turned it into a 26 minute ordeal. Errm

Since it's Friday, anyone got weekend plans at all or is just chilling on the menu? Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Oct 8th, 2021, 06:09 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Time stamp please. Creep

(Oct 8th, 2021, 05:41 PM)Nightingale Wrote:

*Hugs*.

Yeah, it doesn't affect me as much now as it did at the time I got diagnosed. The hardest part was trying to figure out how good my medication was working because I had to make an effort to take notice of anything different and eventually managed to start cracking it. I did unfortunately forget to take my medication for it today so my entire work shift was spent being completely scatter brained and distracted which sucked after not having that feeling for the past few weeks.

I guess on the bright side that wasn't the worst part of my shift. The worst was being asked to stay an hour late, and then spending half of that time on lunch and the other half of it on the phone to a customer. They only called to ask if we had fat free milk and somehow they turned it into a 26 minute ordeal. Errm

Since it's Friday, anyone got weekend plans at all or is just chilling on the menu? Tongue
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I don't even have that option; I got scheduled for 9 DAYS IN A ROW, and I'm in that until Tuesday. It sucks. And they aren't even all short days; most of them are over 7 hour shifts, so like...crap!
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I don't even have that option; I got scheduled for 9 DAYS IN A ROW, and I'm in that until Tuesday. It sucks. And they aren't even all short days; most of them are over 7 hour shifts, so like...crap!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 8th, 2021, 09:00 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Holy shit, is someone on vacation or something? I'm used to seeing that sorta thing happen when someone is out or when it might be busy, but I feel like we're not busy enough yet to have someone scheduled that way. Blink

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Holy shit, is someone on vacation or something? I'm used to seeing that sorta thing happen when someone is out or when it might be busy, but I feel like we're not busy enough yet to have someone scheduled that way. Blink
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
My weekend consists of working. I worked last night, work tonight, work Saturday night and work Sunday night. Then I have Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday off next week. Not sure why so many days off in a row, but whatever I guess.

Now that I have (shitty) insurance through work, I was able to get in and get this skin condition on my hand checked out after a year and a half. Turns out that it's a type of eczema, according to the Doc. Forgot what kind she said it was exactly. The good news is that it's treatable and she prescribed me a steroid cream to use that should clear it up in the next 2-4 weeks. The bad news is that this type of eczema can be re-occurring, so even after I get rid of it this time, it could come back at any time.

But, hopefully this treatment does end up clearing this up, and then I can worry about preventing it from returning after that.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
My weekend consists of working. I worked last night, work tonight, work Saturday night and work Sunday night. Then I have Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday off next week. Not sure why so many days off in a row, but whatever I guess.

Now that I have (shitty) insurance through work, I was able to get in and get this skin condition on my hand checked out after a year and a half. Turns out that it's a type of eczema, according to the Doc. Forgot what kind she said it was exactly. The good news is that it's treatable and she prescribed me a steroid cream to use that should clear it up in the next 2-4 weeks. The bad news is that this type of eczema can be re-occurring, so even after I get rid of it this time, it could come back at any time.

But, hopefully this treatment does end up clearing this up, and then I can worry about preventing it from returning after that.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
(Oct 8th, 2021, 09:04 PM)Moonface Wrote:
No, the schedules have just been screwing us. I'm not even the worst case; I've had multiple coworkers complain about 11 days in a row. When the workweek switches from Friday to Saturday, they don't check ANYTHING, and that's how crap like this happens.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
No, the schedules have just been screwing us. I'm not even the worst case; I've had multiple coworkers complain about 11 days in a row. When the workweek switches from Friday to Saturday, they don't check ANYTHING, and that's how crap like this happens.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Oct 8th, 2021, 09:05 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Is it contact dermatitis or atopic dermatitis? I have the latter, it sucks. Had it my entire life, and have watched it move in location all over my body, in literally every nook and cranny of my skin. If you stay consistent with the cream, you should be good for a while. But if you've got it chronic, you'll be like me and wait for it to pop up again somewhere else. ROFL

Hope everyone gets through their work shifts well enough!
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her

Is it contact dermatitis or atopic dermatitis? I have the latter, it sucks. Had it my entire life, and have watched it move in location all over my body, in literally every nook and cranny of my skin. If you stay consistent with the cream, you should be good for a while. But if you've got it chronic, you'll be like me and wait for it to pop up again somewhere else. ROFL

Hope everyone gets through their work shifts well enough!
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
She diagnosed me with Dyshidrotic eczema. She didn't say it was chronic and this is the first time in my life that I've ever dealt with any type of eczema. While she said that it can come back, I should be able to get rid of it. So hopefully I'm fortunate enough to where once I rid myself of it, it'll stay gone.

Though at least I now know what it is, so if it does come back, I'll know what to do to get rid of it.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
She diagnosed me with Dyshidrotic eczema. She didn't say it was chronic and this is the first time in my life that I've ever dealt with any type of eczema. While she said that it can come back, I should be able to get rid of it. So hopefully I'm fortunate enough to where once I rid myself of it, it'll stay gone.

Though at least I now know what it is, so if it does come back, I'll know what to do to get rid of it.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Wow, yeah I've never heard of that. Interesting. That sounds really painful though, geez. Glad to hear it's not gonna be a nightmare to get rid of!

My dermatologist I went to recently gave me so many tools to help with my many small ailments I've been dealing with. The shampoo I've got has really helped my seborrheic dermatitis (yay, eczema on the scalp!) and my usual steroid cream on my normal eczema have been working wonders. I went probably too long without going to one, and my therapist encouraging me to go back so I can get my hygiene in order was the right move.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Wow, yeah I've never heard of that. Interesting. That sounds really painful though, geez. Glad to hear it's not gonna be a nightmare to get rid of!

My dermatologist I went to recently gave me so many tools to help with my many small ailments I've been dealing with. The shampoo I've got has really helped my seborrheic dermatitis (yay, eczema on the scalp!) and my usual steroid cream on my normal eczema have been working wonders. I went probably too long without going to one, and my therapist encouraging me to go back so I can get my hygiene in order was the right move.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well at least if it does come back you'll know what it is. Hopefully it stays gone though. Smile

(Oct 8th, 2021, 09:20 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Ah. The schedules at my store for my department tend to just be repeated every week with maybe slight adjustments to times. Maybe the front can't work with that consistency though because their workload comes down to how busy it is, whereas grocery is mostly down to the trucks.

I can't believe my midterm exams are already here. I'm a little nervous because it's online with a webcam, and I'm paranoid I'll do something that the webcam decides is against the rules and disqualify me. Doh

Did more house decorating over the weekend for Halloween, and although I don't have pictures of that yet I did snap a picture of this neat Halloween themed truck I saw at Chipotle last night! Grin

[Image: 244448693_381688253638979_94470299060687...e=618AFB7F]

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well at least if it does come back you'll know what it is. Hopefully it stays gone though. Smile

(Oct 8th, 2021, 09:20 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Ah. The schedules at my store for my department tend to just be repeated every week with maybe slight adjustments to times. Maybe the front can't work with that consistency though because their workload comes down to how busy it is, whereas grocery is mostly down to the trucks.

I can't believe my midterm exams are already here. I'm a little nervous because it's online with a webcam, and I'm paranoid I'll do something that the webcam decides is against the rules and disqualify me. Doh

Did more house decorating over the weekend for Halloween, and although I don't have pictures of that yet I did snap a picture of this neat Halloween themed truck I saw at Chipotle last night! Grin

[Image: 244448693_381688253638979_94470299060687...e=618AFB7F]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I loved seeing that XD Wasn't expecting that from a pick-up, but glad to see everyone gets in the holiday spirit around here Grin Been noticing a few houses around the area also decorating as well.

Slowly getting into the spirit this year. Wondering if we should attend Halloween Horror Nights or Mickey's Not So Scary while up in Orlando. Just not sure how many folk are attending that, hoping it's just a steady, lesser flow. Don't think I'm comfortable being around that many folk, and in theory being snuck up on by maskless actors. Hmm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I loved seeing that XD Wasn't expecting that from a pick-up, but glad to see everyone gets in the holiday spirit around here Grin Been noticing a few houses around the area also decorating as well.

Slowly getting into the spirit this year. Wondering if we should attend Halloween Horror Nights or Mickey's Not So Scary while up in Orlando. Just not sure how many folk are attending that, hoping it's just a steady, lesser flow. Don't think I'm comfortable being around that many folk, and in theory being snuck up on by maskless actors. Hmm
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Hija, dudes.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Hija, dudes.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@ShiraNoMai: My coworker said it was pretty busy when their friend went and that was during the week.

I was sleeping when you posted @Nightingale but now that I'm awake and not at work, hi! Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@ShiraNoMai: My coworker said it was pretty busy when their friend went and that was during the week.

I was sleeping when you posted @Nightingale but now that I'm awake and not at work, hi! Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 239 43,498 Yesterday, 03:28 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 21,542 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 62,194 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 49,052 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 41,729 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM