I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I think that just an excuse people with snow tell themselves so they don't have to share their frozen water goodness with the rest of the world! Hmph 

You snow havers are all alike! Hogging the white xmas all to yourself for your very own greedy pruposes! Angry

Jokes aside I honestly would be pretty scared of driving in the snow just because of how terrible it sounds. XD
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I think that just an excuse people with snow tell themselves so they don't have to share their frozen water goodness with the rest of the world! Hmph 

You snow havers are all alike! Hogging the white xmas all to yourself for your very own greedy pruposes! Angry

Jokes aside I honestly would be pretty scared of driving in the snow just because of how terrible it sounds. XD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Driving in snow isn't really that bad. You just have to be careful and know when to slow down. Especially when the road is icy, you might have to be okay with driving 20-30 MPH at times. As long as you're being careful and paying attention to what other drivers are doing, you have nothing to worry about.

The only times it gets really bad is when there's white-out conditions and you literally can't see the road, but of course those are times you shouldn't be traveling anyways.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Driving in snow isn't really that bad. You just have to be careful and know when to slow down. Especially when the road is icy, you might have to be okay with driving 20-30 MPH at times. As long as you're being careful and paying attention to what other drivers are doing, you have nothing to worry about.

The only times it gets really bad is when there's white-out conditions and you literally can't see the road, but of course those are times you shouldn't be traveling anyways.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
It attempted to snow here a bit more than week or so ago, but only for a very short amount of time and did absolutely nothing. I'm not hoping for snow, but I do like when it has settled without any footprints or tracks, after that I don't want it around anymore with it turning to ice. Sucks to walk in, or drive in either way.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
It attempted to snow here a bit more than week or so ago, but only for a very short amount of time and did absolutely nothing. I'm not hoping for snow, but I do like when it has settled without any footprints or tracks, after that I don't want it around anymore with it turning to ice. Sucks to walk in, or drive in either way.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jan 15th, 2022, 09:26 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I know you've tried alcohol before, and I'm guessing your comment was empty, well mostly anyway, because even if it can be an anti-depressant it's not something someone should consider or resort to. Haha, if I were to I'd go for cider personally but I still won't. I dunno I just thought cider would be my choice, but then again I've never touched it nor will so I'll never know. Good.  XD
In my mind it was an incredibly enticing idea but the likelihood I would've followed through is probably very low. It's the one fortunate thing I have when it comes to incredibly negative thoughts in that I can think up some really terrible things and ideas when my mood provokes that line of thinking, but I can't bring myself to actually do them at all.
I forgot to respond when you posted this and I didn't want to leave it unanswered.

As for snow driving, I expect it's fine if you know how to handle it, but the poor traction would have me incredibly on edge with other drivers because it only takes one of them to lose control and I have to hope they don't take me out as I struggle to avoid them due to the conditions and not wanting to screw myself over in a panic or something.
I'd love for snow to come to Florida just to see the panic but at the same time I know I'd still have to go to work and I'd be amazed if I would survive the drive with everyone else on the road. Whistle
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jan 15th, 2022, 09:26 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I know you've tried alcohol before, and I'm guessing your comment was empty, well mostly anyway, because even if it can be an anti-depressant it's not something someone should consider or resort to. Haha, if I were to I'd go for cider personally but I still won't. I dunno I just thought cider would be my choice, but then again I've never touched it nor will so I'll never know. Good.  XD
In my mind it was an incredibly enticing idea but the likelihood I would've followed through is probably very low. It's the one fortunate thing I have when it comes to incredibly negative thoughts in that I can think up some really terrible things and ideas when my mood provokes that line of thinking, but I can't bring myself to actually do them at all.
I forgot to respond when you posted this and I didn't want to leave it unanswered.

As for snow driving, I expect it's fine if you know how to handle it, but the poor traction would have me incredibly on edge with other drivers because it only takes one of them to lose control and I have to hope they don't take me out as I struggle to avoid them due to the conditions and not wanting to screw myself over in a panic or something.
I'd love for snow to come to Florida just to see the panic but at the same time I know I'd still have to go to work and I'd be amazed if I would survive the drive with everyone else on the road. Whistle
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah driving with these fucks on the road here is bad enough. Got rear-ended a week ago during a bad rainy night on the way home from work. I already had the terrible dread going home as I overlooked the traffic from my office window. I also had the thought "Man I should really get my dash cams installed," about 10 seconds before I was hit. Shitty thing is, I had JUST got my front bumper fixed and replaced because last month I hit someone else's loose front bumper cover that was just hanging out in the literal middle of a 6 lane highway. So, back to that body shop for another bumper replacement Meh
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah driving with these fucks on the road here is bad enough. Got rear-ended a week ago during a bad rainy night on the way home from work. I already had the terrible dread going home as I overlooked the traffic from my office window. I also had the thought "Man I should really get my dash cams installed," about 10 seconds before I was hit. Shitty thing is, I had JUST got my front bumper fixed and replaced because last month I hit someone else's loose front bumper cover that was just hanging out in the literal middle of a 6 lane highway. So, back to that body shop for another bumper replacement Meh
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Hope everyone's having a great day.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Hope everyone's having a great day.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Nightingale: I only just woke up so hard to say how my day is yet, although hopefully I won't be at the vet until beyond 1am today like I was last night. x.x
How are you doing today? Smile

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Nightingale: I only just woke up so hard to say how my day is yet, although hopefully I won't be at the vet until beyond 1am today like I was last night. x.x
How are you doing today? Smile
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I hope the vet visit went well Moony and my day was pretty alright Nightingale I hope your day is going good and everyone else on UG! Grin
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I hope the vet visit went well Moony and my day was pretty alright Nightingale I hope your day is going good and everyone else on UG! Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 20th, 2022, 09:11 PM)Karo Wrote:
I hope the vet visit went well Moony...
It was long but it was fine. We opted to just bring Mars home to keep an eye on him and so far he's fine, although he has opted to sleep on the stairs which he normally doesn't do, but that might be because there's no sun coming through the windows today and he's trying to find somewhere warm to sleep.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 20th, 2022, 09:11 PM)Karo Wrote:
I hope the vet visit went well Moony...
It was long but it was fine. We opted to just bring Mars home to keep an eye on him and so far he's fine, although he has opted to sleep on the stairs which he normally doesn't do, but that might be because there's no sun coming through the windows today and he's trying to find somewhere warm to sleep.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Well, turns out that he hadn't moved from there all day, and then all night. Called the vet today (where he was still on the stairs) and yeah, got him in at noon after working from home in the morning waiting for the vet to call. After a quick blood test, it wasn't good news. Whatever levels that indicate pancreatic function were practically "off the charts" bad, and his liver was giving a weird misreport back. Many uncertainties with that, but definitely a severe bout of pancreatitis that could potentially cause fatty liver disease. Needed an xray to confirm it wasn't a tumor/cancer, and luckily it came clear. He still had to be admitted to the hospital and it's where he'll be for 4 days as he gets IV meds and food put in him. Poor thing. Will be looking forward to him coming home. Smile

I think I need another vacation already [Image: 1]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Well, turns out that he hadn't moved from there all day, and then all night. Called the vet today (where he was still on the stairs) and yeah, got him in at noon after working from home in the morning waiting for the vet to call. After a quick blood test, it wasn't good news. Whatever levels that indicate pancreatic function were practically "off the charts" bad, and his liver was giving a weird misreport back. Many uncertainties with that, but definitely a severe bout of pancreatitis that could potentially cause fatty liver disease. Needed an xray to confirm it wasn't a tumor/cancer, and luckily it came clear. He still had to be admitted to the hospital and it's where he'll be for 4 days as he gets IV meds and food put in him. Poor thing. Will be looking forward to him coming home. Smile

I think I need another vacation already [Image: 1]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yikes, what a scare seeing him remain in the same place. Poor li'l guy. Sad

Here to the both of you, VACATIONS! I'm throwing them out, have mine if you want! Ah, if only if it was real. If only the people in high place see what you're going through and give you a week or two off, or more. BLAAH by the power of my will I GRANT IT! *tumbleweed*

Hoping today's better and to everyone else as well. This weekend too.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 

Here to the both of you, VACATIONS! I'm throwing them out, have mine if you want! Ah, if only if it was real. If only the people in high place see what you're going through and give you a week or two off, or more. BLAAH by the power of my will I GRANT IT! *tumbleweed*

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'd love a vacation but I know being at home by myself all day for a week would make me feel bad too so I wouldn't really win in regards to my emotional well-being.

Had a long day today and just think I'm going to spend the rest of my night trying to have some self care so I can try to have a pleasant day tomorrow. This week has just been too much for me. x.x

I'll leave a fun story though that someone at my work stole my open bottle of Pepsi and I really hope they didn't decide to drink it...

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'd love a vacation but I know being at home by myself all day for a week would make me feel bad too so I wouldn't really win in regards to my emotional well-being.

Had a long day today and just think I'm going to spend the rest of my night trying to have some self care so I can try to have a pleasant day tomorrow. This week has just been too much for me. x.x

I'll leave a fun story though that someone at my work stole my open bottle of Pepsi and I really hope they didn't decide to drink it...
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh no poor kitty! I hope kitty will be treated safely and everything will be okay after!

You both could use a self care day really becasue I know that is an awful situation to be with your furry family member. Sad

Though...I suggest you don't ever accept a bottle of pepsi from Moony ever again....he not saying what he did to that..but he did something. D:
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh no poor kitty! I hope kitty will be treated safely and everything will be okay after!

You both could use a self care day really becasue I know that is an awful situation to be with your furry family member. Sad

Though...I suggest you don't ever accept a bottle of pepsi from Moony ever again....he not saying what he did to that..but he did something. D:
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Jan 22nd, 2022, 09:25 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Love you man, thanks for that  Sweat <3

He's getting better, according to the doctor. He was reported to be eating today, as they gave him his favorite: wet food. That's a good sign. Might not need the feeding tube installed after all. Hoping tomorrow he's 100% so we can bring him back early.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Jan 22nd, 2022, 09:25 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

Love you man, thanks for that  Sweat <3

He's getting better, according to the doctor. He was reported to be eating today, as they gave him his favorite: wet food. That's a good sign. Might not need the feeding tube installed after all. Hoping tomorrow he's 100% so we can bring him back early.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 23rd, 2022, 04:04 AM)Karo Wrote:
Accept? Accept?! My good sir I'll inform you I didn't offer it up, it was stolen! I didn't do anything to it but I wish I had if I knew someone was going to take it. I don't even know who would because no one has ever done that before. Errm

As for my self care day, I get to have another Sunday migraine battle so I'm mostly just being a vegetable trying to make it go away.

Did anyone do anything fun this weekend?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 23rd, 2022, 04:04 AM)Karo Wrote:
Accept? Accept?! My good sir I'll inform you I didn't offer it up, it was stolen! I didn't do anything to it but I wish I had if I knew someone was going to take it. I don't even know who would because no one has ever done that before. Errm

As for my self care day, I get to have another Sunday migraine battle so I'm mostly just being a vegetable trying to make it go away.

Did anyone do anything fun this weekend?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 239 43,440 9 hours ago
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 21,520 Yesterday, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 62,128 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 49,029 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 41,695 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM