Universal Chat Thread
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,619
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I find the summer period interesting at least in Florida because it doesn't feel the same as it is in England. For sure business is quieter, but at least for my job in England the summer brought in a lot of foot traffic for ice cream and barbecue stuff, whereas Florida doesn't have such a season because it's always hot, so there's no weather reasons to come and buy more of something outside of the major holiday periods.
Of course, I have been told business in my old job in England has tanked, and likely because of prices going up everywhere. Even Publix has never got so quiet as to reduce hours as bad as they have this summer in my history of working there.

Nickelodeon messed with the studio when Avatar was being worked on? For how well put together that show was compared to Korra I thought they saw early on how big it was and just let them get the job done so long as the ship stayed afloat. Unsure
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,619 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I find the summer period interesting at least in Florida because it doesn't feel the same as it is in England. For sure business is quieter, but at least for my job in England the summer brought in a lot of foot traffic for ice cream and barbecue stuff, whereas Florida doesn't have such a season because it's always hot, so there's no weather reasons to come and buy more of something outside of the major holiday periods.
Of course, I have been told business in my old job in England has tanked, and likely because of prices going up everywhere. Even Publix has never got so quiet as to reduce hours as bad as they have this summer in my history of working there.

Nickelodeon messed with the studio when Avatar was being worked on? For how well put together that show was compared to Korra I thought they saw early on how big it was and just let them get the job done so long as the ship stayed afloat. Unsure
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,811
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Yeah, among other things for Avatar, apparently they wanted to do an Azula redemption arc, but didn't get enough time because they knew the third season was gonna be the end of it. Which, knowing Azula's character...maybe it's because I'm a stubborn prick, but I don't think Azula really deserves a redemption given how sociopathic she is through that entire plotline. I do, however, think she deserves pity, because she is not just a villain; she's also a victim of Fire Lord Ozai.

It's funny you say that about Korra, because most of my friends who watch the series say that seasons 3 and 4 were the WEAKEST of them (well, maybe not 3. I'd have to ask again). And I'm actually inclined to agree with them, given how the Kuvira arc went (while the characters were fine, the actual PLOT was kinda terrible, imo). BUT! At the end of that arc, I did get what I wanted: a motivation for Kuvira. It wasn't a GOOD motivation, but it was at least legitimate, and I'll take that!

In the end, though, a friend of mine put it best: "Avatar is about a boy becoming the Avatar; Korra is about the Avatar becoming a person."
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,811 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Yeah, among other things for Avatar, apparently they wanted to do an Azula redemption arc, but didn't get enough time because they knew the third season was gonna be the end of it. Which, knowing Azula's character...maybe it's because I'm a stubborn prick, but I don't think Azula really deserves a redemption given how sociopathic she is through that entire plotline. I do, however, think she deserves pity, because she is not just a villain; she's also a victim of Fire Lord Ozai.

It's funny you say that about Korra, because most of my friends who watch the series say that seasons 3 and 4 were the WEAKEST of them (well, maybe not 3. I'd have to ask again). And I'm actually inclined to agree with them, given how the Kuvira arc went (while the characters were fine, the actual PLOT was kinda terrible, imo). BUT! At the end of that arc, I did get what I wanted: a motivation for Kuvira. It wasn't a GOOD motivation, but it was at least legitimate, and I'll take that!

In the end, though, a friend of mine put it best: "Avatar is about a boy becoming the Avatar; Korra is about the Avatar becoming a person."
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Azula definitely shouldn't have got a redemption arc. Like you said, she doesn't deserve it and I also don't think she needs it; we saw the tragic circumstances that led to her character being the way it is, and there's nothing worth pursuing beyond that for her, especially since she wouldn't have stopped doing what she was doing off her own back.

Interesting, since I think 2 is by far the worst one while 3 is the best. 4 starts off good with having Korra still be affected by the events of S3, but it sits around the same realm as S1 for me.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Azula definitely shouldn't have got a redemption arc. Like you said, she doesn't deserve it and I also don't think she needs it; we saw the tragic circumstances that led to her character being the way it is, and there's nothing worth pursuing beyond that for her, especially since she wouldn't have stopped doing what she was doing off her own back.

Interesting, since I think 2 is by far the worst one while 3 is the best. 4 starts off good with having Korra still be affected by the events of S3, but it sits around the same realm as S1 for me.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,177
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Jun 16th, 2022, 04:40 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

I agree 100%. I used to find issue with the fact Korra (the series) spent a lot of time with relationship drama, but the rewatch I did made realize "this is part of the humanization of what we already have established is the Avatar—the most powerful, esteemed being," and I think that's an interesting direction to take a sequel in to.

The cohesion and coherence of the first series will always triumph the sometimes uncertainty of the second, but there's still a fond place in my heart for it Ayaya
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,177 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Jun 16th, 2022, 04:40 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

I agree 100%. I used to find issue with the fact Korra (the series) spent a lot of time with relationship drama, but the rewatch I did made realize "this is part of the humanization of what we already have established is the Avatar—the most powerful, esteemed being," and I think that's an interesting direction to take a sequel in to.

The cohesion and coherence of the first series will always triumph the sometimes uncertainty of the second, but there's still a fond place in my heart for it Ayaya
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Korra also doesn't need to learn the ways of the world she finds herself in like Aang did. Guy was an ice cube for what, 100 years or something? Anything he knew before then was practically useless to him when he woke up so he was learning about the world around him and his importance in it.

Avatar talking aside for anyone not interested in it, I heard it's very hot from some people here. I think it's like 91F here today but I have no reason to go out again today so I don't need to deal with however bad it feels. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Korra also doesn't need to learn the ways of the world she finds herself in like Aang did. Guy was an ice cube for what, 100 years or something? Anything he knew before then was practically useless to him when he woke up so he was learning about the world around him and his importance in it.

Avatar talking aside for anyone not interested in it, I heard it's very hot from some people here. I think it's like 91F here today but I have no reason to go out again today so I don't need to deal with however bad it feels. Tongue
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
XP: 2,847
Hello peeps! Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. Smile
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
XP: 2,847
Hello peeps! Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. Smile
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Hey hey Nebulous! So far so good. Had a good gym session this afternoon and resting now ^_^

It do be hot season. First day of summer is this Tuesday coming up. Idk it all feels the same for me. It's always hot as dicks here so it being maybe slightly hotter hasn't really changed much, other than our electric bill going up cuz the A/C is working harder. Shrug
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Hey hey Nebulous! So far so good. Had a good gym session this afternoon and resting now ^_^

It do be hot season. First day of summer is this Tuesday coming up. Idk it all feels the same for me. It's always hot as dicks here so it being maybe slightly hotter hasn't really changed much, other than our electric bill going up cuz the A/C is working harder. Shrug
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 18th, 2022, 09:13 PM)Nebulous Wrote:
Hello peeps!  Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. Smile
My weekend feels uneventful but it isn't bad so I guess I can't complain. Tongue

@ShiraNoMai: You should join me in living the lifestyle of England where we don't have any A/C at all and live without it for the summer. I'll turn ours off later. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 18th, 2022, 09:13 PM)Nebulous Wrote:
Hello peeps!  Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. Smile
My weekend feels uneventful but it isn't bad so I guess I can't complain. Tongue

@ShiraNoMai: You should join me in living the lifestyle of England where we don't have any A/C at all and live without it for the summer. I'll turn ours off later. Tongue
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yes Moony, do that. They must learn. *shot*

Luckily today has been mild-ish with some heat, barely sun out and had rain last night too which must've cooled today down a bit compared to Friday and most of Saturday. Thursday night and Friday night I barely slept because of it. Bah! Can't to get more nights like that when Summer season is properly in, but then of course we tend to have weeks/days around it when it's calmed down and/or with rain too. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yes Moony, do that. They must learn. *shot*

Luckily today has been mild-ish with some heat, barely sun out and had rain last night too which must've cooled today down a bit compared to Friday and most of Saturday. Thursday night and Friday night I barely slept because of it. Bah! Can't to get more nights like that when Summer season is properly in, but then of course we tend to have weeks/days around it when it's calmed down and/or with rain too. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I genuinely wonder how many more years it'll be before A/C units become a standard thing in most UK and European homes. Not necessarily just a standard as in new houses get built with them but also people in houses built without it buying A/C units instead of fans to cool down certain rooms. Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I genuinely wonder how many more years it'll be before A/C units become a standard thing in most UK and European homes. Not necessarily just a standard as in new houses get built with them but also people in houses built without it buying A/C units instead of fans to cool down certain rooms. Hmm
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,811
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Given the way the planet is going, probably within the decade. Those places have been getting horrendous summer heat waves, so it's not like they can ignore it for long.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,811 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Given the way the planet is going, probably within the decade. Those places have been getting horrendous summer heat waves, so it's not like they can ignore it for long.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, and I hate that every year it's always "unprecedented heat waves hit country that didn't used to get such high temperatures" when it stopped being unprecedented years ago, much like how some people continue to call recessions and stuff a "once in a generation" thing yet our generation has seen multiple of these one-time things. Rolleyes

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, and I hate that every year it's always "unprecedented heat waves hit country that didn't used to get such high temperatures" when it stopped being unprecedented years ago, much like how some people continue to call recessions and stuff a "once in a generation" thing yet our generation has seen multiple of these one-time things. Rolleyes
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345
Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
Halloween came early this year, because I'm back from the grave! Grin
[Image: wrdxyKE.png]

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345 Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 21st, 2022, 12:45 AM)Frank Wrote:
Halloween came early the second I saw that cursed avatar you've got. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 21st, 2022, 12:45 AM)Frank Wrote:
Halloween came early the second I saw that cursed avatar you've got. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Halloween began when Home Depot restocked their big skelly man Wow

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Halloween began when Home Depot restocked their big skelly man Wow

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 44,784 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,123 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 62,802 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 49,922 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 42,444 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM