Universal Chat Thread
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jul 27th, 2022, 03:50 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Useless AND duplicate shit. The amount of times that woman has bought something, forgets where she puts it, and buys another happened WAY too often, whew.

Still, it was a fun in a weird family bonding sort of way. One of those things that brings folks together, and not for something like a holiday or funeral.
I told my co-worker about what she does and their response was "oh yeah I do that too." ... Suffer

Currently wishing I could find a way to make my health insurance cover the therapy I have today so I don't need to fork out nearly $200. Nooo
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jul 27th, 2022, 03:50 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Useless AND duplicate shit. The amount of times that woman has bought something, forgets where she puts it, and buys another happened WAY too often, whew.

Still, it was a fun in a weird family bonding sort of way. One of those things that brings folks together, and not for something like a holiday or funeral.
I told my co-worker about what she does and their response was "oh yeah I do that too." ... Suffer

Currently wishing I could find a way to make my health insurance cover the therapy I have today so I don't need to fork out nearly $200. Nooo
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Oh geez, hoarding, my aunt was like that too. Luckily not to the severe degree but still enough to call a lot to sort through. Bags of clothes came over to my house for my mum and sister to look through got ridiculous too.

Ah, if only my holidays were left right and center, still wish you guys got more time off than you do. Eh
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Oh geez, hoarding, my aunt was like that too. Luckily not to the severe degree but still enough to call a lot to sort through. Bags of clothes came over to my house for my mum and sister to look through got ridiculous too.

Ah, if only my holidays were left right and center, still wish you guys got more time off than you do. Eh
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I feel like nobody can go through life without personally knowing a hoarder. LOL

I technically get unlimited time off, but at the expense of not getting paid for any of it. Paid time off is only given to full time positions in most if not all companies in the States. I'd book more time off throughout the year if it didn't cost me money for it. On the bright side, I usually just trade shifts with my coworker so they don't have to use their limited time off every time and I don't lose out on money when I'm going away. I know in a couple of weeks my coworker is going away for the weekend, so I'm getting the weekend before off so that I can cover a shift later in the week for her that I don't usually come in on. I'm fortunate to have a coworker to do that with though; I know most others on grocery don't get that because nobody else shares an aisle or section.

Had a basically brand new sofa bed delivered today from Shira's grandmothers house, which is going in our spare room for use by guests who come over to stay. We weren't planning to put a sofa bed in there because any good ones cost so much money that you may as well just get a bed, but since we got this one for nothing and it's one of the good ones we'll use that now. ^_^

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I feel like nobody can go through life without personally knowing a hoarder. LOL

I technically get unlimited time off, but at the expense of not getting paid for any of it. Paid time off is only given to full time positions in most if not all companies in the States. I'd book more time off throughout the year if it didn't cost me money for it. On the bright side, I usually just trade shifts with my coworker so they don't have to use their limited time off every time and I don't lose out on money when I'm going away. I know in a couple of weeks my coworker is going away for the weekend, so I'm getting the weekend before off so that I can cover a shift later in the week for her that I don't usually come in on. I'm fortunate to have a coworker to do that with though; I know most others on grocery don't get that because nobody else shares an aisle or section.

Had a basically brand new sofa bed delivered today from Shira's grandmothers house, which is going in our spare room for use by guests who come over to stay. We weren't planning to put a sofa bed in there because any good ones cost so much money that you may as well just get a bed, but since we got this one for nothing and it's one of the good ones we'll use that now. ^_^
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I got 5 more paid days to utilize. Haven't decided what to do with them yet Hmm

Crazy how it'll be August already. July came and went too quick.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I got 5 more paid days to utilize. Haven't decided what to do with them yet Hmm

Crazy how it'll be August already. July came and went too quick.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Really? I feel like July took forever to end. It feels like ages ago that we went to GDQ yet it hasn't even been a month. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Really? I feel like July took forever to end. It feels like ages ago that we went to GDQ yet it hasn't even been a month. XD
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Stayed over my friends house the weekend and a bit yesterday before returning home then. Did a 14-mile walk with another person who recently joined the small group of people who have done the route (short and long version), we were all in pain at the end. XD Still felt good to do and finish that.

July did kinda go fast for me, but as I think back not as fast as some of the other past months, felt slightly longer for whatever reason. Still, this year is going by quick though. 8/12 months already, yeesh. Certain stock will be coming in soon, darn it.  Doh
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Stayed over my friends house the weekend and a bit yesterday before returning home then. Did a 14-mile walk with another person who recently joined the small group of people who have done the route (short and long version), we were all in pain at the end. XD Still felt good to do and finish that.

July did kinda go fast for me, but as I think back not as fast as some of the other past months, felt slightly longer for whatever reason. Still, this year is going by quick though. 8/12 months already, yeesh. Certain stock will be coming in soon, darn it.  Doh
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I had a feeling you went away for the weekend when I didn't see you online anywhere @Mr EliteL. Tongue

So I woke up to this before work today and came home to this stupidity too:
[Image: 20220802_103734.jpg]
[Image: 20220802_104507.jpg]

For context, my idiot of a cat has taken residence on top of the sofa bed we got that's currently sitting on its side and is going hyper with the power trip the height gives his simple brain. Rolleyes

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I had a feeling you went away for the weekend when I didn't see you online anywhere @Mr EliteL. Tongue

So I woke up to this before work today and came home to this stupidity too:
[Image: 20220802_103734.jpg]
[Image: 20220802_104507.jpg]

For context, my idiot of a cat has taken residence on top of the sofa bed we got that's currently sitting on its side and is going hyper with the power trip the height gives his simple brain. Rolleyes
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Your cat is so cute! <3 I think you should let him to continue to have his power trip. Unless he starts sharpening his claws on the top of the sofa than it time for the power trip to end. I have never had a cat in my life, but one day I hope too. XD

For now I got my two ducks and that good enough.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Your cat is so cute! <3 I think you should let him to continue to have his power trip. Unless he starts sharpening his claws on the top of the sofa than it time for the power trip to end. I have never had a cat in my life, but one day I hope too. XD

For now I got my two ducks and that good enough.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Karo: His claws were catching the fabric a little from his excitement which is why the second photo has a sheet on the sofa; I put it on there to protect the sofa from his claws and stop his fur getting all over it. Tongue
No idea where he is now; he came downstairs a little bit ago because I stopped entertaining his lust for power but I've not seen him for a bit, so he's either in the dining room or went back to his throne upstairs. CBA to look for him right now to find out.

Your ducks only stay outside right? Or do you sometimes let them in on occasion?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Karo: His claws were catching the fabric a little from his excitement which is why the second photo has a sheet on the sofa; I put it on there to protect the sofa from his claws and stop his fur getting all over it. Tongue
No idea where he is now; he came downstairs a little bit ago because I stopped entertaining his lust for power but I've not seen him for a bit, so he's either in the dining room or went back to his throne upstairs. CBA to look for him right now to find out.

Your ducks only stay outside right? Or do you sometimes let them in on occasion?
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
They only stay outside my mom wouldn't want them coming in at all. Mainly because I'm pretty sure you can't potty train your ducks? You can actually potty train your parots believe it or not, but I don't know about ducks I don't think many people keep their ducks inside?
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
They only stay outside my mom wouldn't want them coming in at all. Mainly because I'm pretty sure you can't potty train your ducks? You can actually potty train your parots believe it or not, but I don't know about ducks I don't think many people keep their ducks inside?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 2nd, 2022, 07:07 PM)Karo Wrote:
I was curious what Google had to say, and apparently you can not toilet train a duck:

Google Wrote:
No, you can not potty train a duck. Instead, you’ll want to either:

- carefully consider which areas of your home you want your ducks to have access to; or
- diaper your ducks.
I guess you could put them in some diapers which sounds potentially hilarious to see the result of. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 2nd, 2022, 07:07 PM)Karo Wrote:
I was curious what Google had to say, and apparently you can not toilet train a duck:

Google Wrote:
No, you can not potty train a duck. Instead, you’ll want to either:

- carefully consider which areas of your home you want your ducks to have access to; or
- diaper your ducks.
I guess you could put them in some diapers which sounds potentially hilarious to see the result of. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
You could also, in theory, keep them in large cages, like any other domesticated birb. What do I know, though, ducks may not work that way Shrug

Considering visiting friends for a Friendsgiving this year to utilize the last of my days. I thought the week of Halloween would be off the table considering my coworker usually books off cuz of his anniversary but it appears that's not the case.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
You could also, in theory, keep them in large cages, like any other domesticated birb. What do I know, though, ducks may not work that way Shrug

Considering visiting friends for a Friendsgiving this year to utilize the last of my days. I thought the week of Halloween would be off the table considering my coworker usually books off cuz of his anniversary but it appears that's not the case.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I feel like having the ducks in cages indoors would be rather pointless and you may as well just leave them outside at that point, since you'll have to open a door to get to an area that they are restricted to. Shrug

Currently wishing Dead by Daylight would hurry up and update already so I can see if playing a game that involves real people will help stave off my incredible loneliness and depressive feelings I'm having for yet another day... Eh

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I feel like having the ducks in cages indoors would be rather pointless and you may as well just leave them outside at that point, since you'll have to open a door to get to an area that they are restricted to. Shrug

Currently wishing Dead by Daylight would hurry up and update already so I can see if playing a game that involves real people will help stave off my incredible loneliness and depressive feelings I'm having for yet another day... Eh
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
-gives Moony a warm hug-

Speaking of game downloads, I installed and played Valorant yesterday. Yes, the CSGO-meets-Overwatch clone from Riot Games. I got a DM from a friend asking if I wanted to participate in her birthday noob tourney, and thought why the heck not. Twas fun! I didn't completely suck ass but I wasn't anything to write home about either. Well, I guess others were impressed with some clutch moments I had but Shrug Made 3rd place overall. The last game we played went 18-20 (normally a first to 13 game). Kept going to Overtime ROFL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
-gives Moony a warm hug-

Speaking of game downloads, I installed and played Valorant yesterday. Yes, the CSGO-meets-Overwatch clone from Riot Games. I got a DM from a friend asking if I wanted to participate in her birthday noob tourney, and thought why the heck not. Twas fun! I didn't completely suck ass but I wasn't anything to write home about either. Well, I guess others were impressed with some clutch moments I had but Shrug Made 3rd place overall. The last game we played went 18-20 (normally a first to 13 game). Kept going to Overtime ROFL
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
You guys must've been busy today or you could've joined us for some ghosts who refused to give evidence, and on the last case the 3rd evidence we needed not at all. XD

Mars is a wittle flumpy dump. Well perhaps that's more for a larger cat but don't care, first cute thing that came to my head. You should try and lure him off of there, either with food, toy or yourself hiding round a corner. :3 Or maybe you have already and he returns to the sofa bed anyway cuz he wubs it so much.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
You guys must've been busy today or you could've joined us for some ghosts who refused to give evidence, and on the last case the 3rd evidence we needed not at all. XD

Mars is a wittle flumpy dump. Well perhaps that's more for a larger cat but don't care, first cute thing that came to my head. You should try and lure him off of there, either with food, toy or yourself hiding round a corner. :3 Or maybe you have already and he returns to the sofa bed anyway cuz he wubs it so much.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 239 43,460 Today, 03:28 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 21,524 Yesterday, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 62,161 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 49,035 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 41,696 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM