Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345
Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
Monster is my favorite, but I do drink others. I'm not the biggest fan of Red Bull, but once in a blue-moon I will crave it. I also do enjoy the flavor of Red Bull in a nice fruit smoothie.

My second favorite energy drink would likely be NOS. I believe it's a Passion Fruit flavor, and it's pretty tasty. Their other flavors are so/so.

Rockstar also makes a couple that I don't mind, but since I've cut back to only a couple of energy drinks a week, I typically stick to Monster.
[Image: wrdxyKE.png]

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345 Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
Monster is my favorite, but I do drink others. I'm not the biggest fan of Red Bull, but once in a blue-moon I will crave it. I also do enjoy the flavor of Red Bull in a nice fruit smoothie.

My second favorite energy drink would likely be NOS. I believe it's a Passion Fruit flavor, and it's pretty tasty. Their other flavors are so/so.

Rockstar also makes a couple that I don't mind, but since I've cut back to only a couple of energy drinks a week, I typically stick to Monster.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
If you've never tried it I'd suggest looking into G-Fuel. I've tried their Crash Bandicoot and Sonic flavours and both of those were really good! Also sugar free so not as bad health wise as a lot of other energy drink brands. Wink
Celsius is another brand of energy drink too if you're looking for something good that isn't bad for you. My store stocks that one down the health aisle rather than in the soft drink aisle with the other energy drinks because of it, and it's probably also the most popular energy drink in my store amongst employees who start at 5am like myself. XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
If you've never tried it I'd suggest looking into G-Fuel. I've tried their Crash Bandicoot and Sonic flavours and both of those were really good! Also sugar free so not as bad health wise as a lot of other energy drink brands. Wink
Celsius is another brand of energy drink too if you're looking for something good that isn't bad for you. My store stocks that one down the health aisle rather than in the soft drink aisle with the other energy drinks because of it, and it's probably also the most popular energy drink in my store amongst employees who start at 5am like myself. XD
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
I've had Game Fuel before. I've had quite a few of them. I usually avoid Game Fuel though, due to those fake sugars. Combination of them not tasting as good to me, and the research showing some alternatives being worse than actual sugar.

A healthier one I like is called Uptime. I believe it uses green coffee beans as it's source of caffeine, has cane sugar for sweetener, and is advertised as "clean energy".

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
I've had Game Fuel before. I've had quite a few of them. I usually avoid Game Fuel though, due to those fake sugars. Combination of them not tasting as good to me, and the research showing some alternatives being worse than actual sugar.

A healthier one I like is called Uptime. I believe it uses green coffee beans as it's source of caffeine, has cane sugar for sweetener, and is advertised as "clean energy".
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh is that what the G stands for? I didn't actually know it stood for "Game" but now that I think about the amount of game branded flavours that G-Fuel makes it feels like a "well duh!" realization moment. XD Whistle

For me though no matter how healthy any of the energy drinks can be, I still try to limit the number I drink so that I don't end up addicted to higher doses of caffeine than what soda already has me on. Especially if I end up having to rely on energy drinks to wake up every morning like some people do with coffee after drinking it routinely for a while.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh is that what the G stands for? I didn't actually know it stood for "Game" but now that I think about the amount of game branded flavours that G-Fuel makes it feels like a "well duh!" realization moment. XD Whistle

For me though no matter how healthy any of the energy drinks can be, I still try to limit the number I drink so that I don't end up addicted to higher doses of caffeine than what soda already has me on. Especially if I end up having to rely on energy drinks to wake up every morning like some people do with coffee after drinking it routinely for a while.
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
XP: 2,847
[Image: 200.gif]

Hi everyone!  How are we doing today? 

(Aug 29th, 2022, 04:59 PM)Moonface Wrote:
You too Neb! ^_^
Any plans for the week?

A little late, but for this week?  Not really.  Just working, like always.
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
XP: 2,847
[Image: 200.gif]

Hi everyone!  How are we doing today? 

(Aug 29th, 2022, 04:59 PM)Moonface Wrote:
You too Neb! ^_^
Any plans for the week?

A little late, but for this week?  Not really.  Just working, like always.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Hey Nebulous. Ugh, work taking up too much time. I'm luckily off but have a stint in the later part of the week that'll have my Sunday resting from it all.

Spent the day half watching the Queen's state funeral and playing Genshin, then some cards with my dad and sister. Watched the main part of the funeral then had about an hour of them marching about afterwards before I stopped paying attention.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Hey Nebulous. Ugh, work taking up too much time. I'm luckily off but have a stint in the later part of the week that'll have my Sunday resting from it all.

Spent the day half watching the Queen's state funeral and playing Genshin, then some cards with my dad and sister. Watched the main part of the funeral then had about an hour of them marching about afterwards before I stopped paying attention.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't pay much attention to the Queen's funeral, but I did see some great takes on Twitter about the part that took place inside with the checkered floor:
I can't find the other tweet I saw but it was about a piece of paper being on the floor in front of one of the bishops, and the comment was they couldn't move to pick it up because it wasn't diagonal from them. ROFL

Also, today marks the first day in my life to ever have a spontaneous nose bleed, which was incredibly annoying to deal with. Felt my nose irritated so just did that brief finger moustache type rub/wipe (I hope everyone knows what motion I mean by that XD) and noticed blood on my finger. I had to Google up what to do because I haven't encountered anyone having a nose bleed since I was in primary school so I couldn't remember what the best way is to stop it. Mildly unsettling to have one happen for the first time in almost 32 years with seemingly nothing to trigger it. Errm

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't pay much attention to the Queen's funeral, but I did see some great takes on Twitter about the part that took place inside with the checkered floor:
I can't find the other tweet I saw but it was about a piece of paper being on the floor in front of one of the bishops, and the comment was they couldn't move to pick it up because it wasn't diagonal from them. ROFL

Also, today marks the first day in my life to ever have a spontaneous nose bleed, which was incredibly annoying to deal with. Felt my nose irritated so just did that brief finger moustache type rub/wipe (I hope everyone knows what motion I mean by that XD) and noticed blood on my finger. I had to Google up what to do because I haven't encountered anyone having a nose bleed since I was in primary school so I couldn't remember what the best way is to stop it. Mildly unsettling to have one happen for the first time in almost 32 years with seemingly nothing to trigger it. Errm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Eh, there's no cause for concern if it only happens this one time. If it happens more often, or a significant amount of blood is coming out, then we have an issue. Could just be from stress Shrug
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Eh, there's no cause for concern if it only happens this one time. If it happens more often, or a significant amount of blood is coming out, then we have an issue. Could just be from stress Shrug
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
I used to get nosebleeds all the time growing up. I had my nose cauterized back in 2008. Both nostrils... Not a pleasant experience, but I definitely needed it. I'm pretty sure I used to get them on the weekly basis, prior to the cauterization. Since, I've had like 1, maybe 2, minor bleeds.

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
I used to get nosebleeds all the time growing up. I had my nose cauterized back in 2008. Both nostrils... Not a pleasant experience, but I definitely needed it. I'm pretty sure I used to get them on the weekly basis, prior to the cauterization. Since, I've had like 1, maybe 2, minor bleeds.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I had another nosebleed during the night, which resulted in me having a hard time sleeping because the blood I ingested from that made me feel sick, plus I was paranoid of falling asleep and waking to find blood all over my pillow or something. Errm
I've been taking tummy mints all morning but it hasn't really helped me feel better. Guess I'll have to wait for it to get out of my system.

@Frank: That's the first I've heard of nose cauterizing. I don't think my nosebleeds are going to require that measure to resolve them though. Strange if it's stress caused like @ShiraNoMai suggested, since I've been way more stressed multiple times in the past and never had that happen. XD

Since the weekend is almost upon us, anyone got plans for it yet, or you just winging it? ^_^

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I had another nosebleed during the night, which resulted in me having a hard time sleeping because the blood I ingested from that made me feel sick, plus I was paranoid of falling asleep and waking to find blood all over my pillow or something. Errm
I've been taking tummy mints all morning but it hasn't really helped me feel better. Guess I'll have to wait for it to get out of my system.

@Frank: That's the first I've heard of nose cauterizing. I don't think my nosebleeds are going to require that measure to resolve them though. Strange if it's stress caused like @ShiraNoMai suggested, since I've been way more stressed multiple times in the past and never had that happen. XD

Since the weekend is almost upon us, anyone got plans for it yet, or you just winging it? ^_^
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
No plans as of now. I finished everything for tomorrow's upload and ended up starting the script for October's video. It's coming along nicely. I'm about half-way through.

As for the weekend, I intend to just relax. Maybe try to figure out what the next binge show is going to be, since I'm on the final two episodes of Better Call Saul.

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
No plans as of now. I finished everything for tomorrow's upload and ended up starting the script for October's video. It's coming along nicely. I'm about half-way through.

As for the weekend, I intend to just relax. Maybe try to figure out what the next binge show is going to be, since I'm on the final two episodes of Better Call Saul.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If you're looking for recommendations @Frank then I'd like to suggest "What We Do In The Shadows" on Hulu. It quickly became one of my favourite shows when I first started watching it. Wink

My weekend plans are mostly going to be doing homework I think. I wanna keep on top of it and get the bulk of it done early so I don't have to stress as much when the deadline gets closer.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If you're looking for recommendations @Frank then I'd like to suggest "What We Do In The Shadows" on Hulu. It quickly became one of my favourite shows when I first started watching it. Wink

My weekend plans are mostly going to be doing homework I think. I wanna keep on top of it and get the bulk of it done early so I don't have to stress as much when the deadline gets closer.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah, the piece of paper that fell to the floor during the funeral. Too bad he didn't have a mic in his ear to tell him when the cameras weren't viewing that area so he or someone could pick it up. I sat there looking at it for a while, amused by it. LOL

I took a lovely photo of one of my nose bleed incidents that happened out of nowhere in Jan '19. That clot I managed to get out, ah feels so awful yet great at the same time once it comes out,. Had one since then which was a knock but didn't last long. Hope yours isn't continuing to bleed, Moony.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah, the piece of paper that fell to the floor during the funeral. Too bad he didn't have a mic in his ear to tell him when the cameras weren't viewing that area so he or someone could pick it up. I sat there looking at it for a while, amused by it. LOL

I took a lovely photo of one of my nose bleed incidents that happened out of nowhere in Jan '19. That clot I managed to get out, ah feels so awful yet great at the same time once it comes out,. Had one since then which was a knock but didn't last long. Hope yours isn't continuing to bleed, Moony.
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
@Moonface I'll keep that in mind! I think I tried watching it once, but wasn't in the mood and didn't really give it a fair chance. I don't think I even finished episode 1.

I almost feel like I'm in a drama kick. I wrapped up the series finale of Saul last night. I actually really like the way it ended, and really appreciated the extra details learned about the events of Breaking Bad (since the show is a hybrid prequel/sequel in an incredibly unique way).

@Mr EliteL Man, I will never forget those blood clotts. Even though I haven't had one since cauterization, I will never forget. In my case, my nostrils/throat were left incredibly sore after expunging them Tongue

My weekend so far was being around for the plumber to tighten our kitchen sink, and waiting on my father to come over and start cleaning up our back barn with me.

I have a fully heated barn in the back, which was my little hangout spot back in High School. My dad turned it into storage when my grandfather passed away. Then when he moved, he started using it as his own personal storage locker.

Now the garage is disgusting. Since it's been neglected for so long, it's spider and mouse infested. I found a few dead ones out there a couple of days ago, that I had to pick up and throw in the woods.

I'm having a garage sale next week and convinced him to come over and go through his crap in the garage. Either to sell at the sale or throw in the trash. Even if we make a little progress, it's progress.

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
@Moonface I'll keep that in mind! I think I tried watching it once, but wasn't in the mood and didn't really give it a fair chance. I don't think I even finished episode 1.

I almost feel like I'm in a drama kick. I wrapped up the series finale of Saul last night. I actually really like the way it ended, and really appreciated the extra details learned about the events of Breaking Bad (since the show is a hybrid prequel/sequel in an incredibly unique way).

@Mr EliteL Man, I will never forget those blood clotts. Even though I haven't had one since cauterization, I will never forget. In my case, my nostrils/throat were left incredibly sore after expunging them Tongue

My weekend so far was being around for the plumber to tighten our kitchen sink, and waiting on my father to come over and start cleaning up our back barn with me.

I have a fully heated barn in the back, which was my little hangout spot back in High School. My dad turned it into storage when my grandfather passed away. Then when he moved, he started using it as his own personal storage locker.

Now the garage is disgusting. Since it's been neglected for so long, it's spider and mouse infested. I found a few dead ones out there a couple of days ago, that I had to pick up and throw in the woods.

I'm having a garage sale next week and convinced him to come over and go through his crap in the garage. Either to sell at the sale or throw in the trash. Even if we make a little progress, it's progress.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So Florida has a (predicted) hurricane heading its way, and I'm in a mandatory evacuation zone. So, I'm expecting all of my shtuff to end up being destroyed. No, I don't have any place safe I can move it to, and no I can't pack it with me. That'll take took much space in the car, and this is the same f***ing family that told me THE DAY BEFORE WE MOVED that I needed to have room in my car for their stuff. Because it's not like the last one took 4 trips for me to move all my stuff OH WAIT, YES IT DID!

I FUCKING HATE YOU, DAD!
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
So Florida has a (predicted) hurricane heading its way, and I'm in a mandatory evacuation zone. So, I'm expecting all of my shtuff to end up being destroyed. No, I don't have any place safe I can move it to, and no I can't pack it with me. That'll take took much space in the car, and this is the same f***ing family that told me THE DAY BEFORE WE MOVED that I needed to have room in my car for their stuff. Because it's not like the last one took 4 trips for me to move all my stuff OH WAIT, YES IT DID!

I FUCKING HATE YOU, DAD!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 240 44,967 Mar 29th, 2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 22,206 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 62,898 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 50,046 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 42,565 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM