Universal Chat Thread
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The cookout was fun! It's unfortunate the moment it ended it decided to downpour like nuts. It was a good time otherwise. Smile

I actually keep forgetting it's Father's Day. Anyone do anything special with them?
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The cookout was fun! It's unfortunate the moment it ended it decided to downpour like nuts. It was a good time otherwise. Smile

I actually keep forgetting it's Father's Day. Anyone do anything special with them?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I went out for lunch with most of my family. As Wedge says in Rogue Squadron: "Food was good, but the service was lousy." I also nearly threw up from eating too much. Whoops!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I went out for lunch with most of my family. As Wedge says in Rogue Squadron: "Food was good, but the service was lousy." I also nearly threw up from eating too much. Whoops!
Kazan X. Lemuris Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Grandia HD, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Favourite Platform(s)
Dreamcast, PS4
XP: 2,232
Mario Kart Doom Pokémon 
I had to work unfortunately, so I had to drop by my parents' house with a card and gift, then dash off.
Kazan X. Lemuris Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Grandia HD, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Favourite Platform(s)
Dreamcast, PS4
XP: 2,232 Mario Kart Doom Pokémon 
I had to work unfortunately, so I had to drop by my parents' house with a card and gift, then dash off.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I spent Father's Day playing video games and then working. Not having a relationship with my father for 10+ years makes it just an ordinary day for me.

Though tbh, even if I had a relationship with him, I probably would have just called him quickly to say happy Father's Day and then went back to spending the day playing video games.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I spent Father's Day playing video games and then working. Not having a relationship with my father for 10+ years makes it just an ordinary day for me.

Though tbh, even if I had a relationship with him, I probably would have just called him quickly to say happy Father's Day and then went back to spending the day playing video games.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
(Jun 14th, 2019, 11:01 PM)Moonface Wrote:
It had better be a monster truck. Glare 
Nah man, a bendy bus. *shot*

I mean, yeah of course. XD Indeed there was one there, the Red Dragon Monster Ride Truck. Took photos and a video of it, but didn't actually ride on it. The area it was driving about in had a number of crushed and damaged cars for the truck to go over. I wonder if at the start of the weekend they were mostly undamaged at least, and got to see the truck actually destroying them. As I wanted to watch carnage and there wasn't any, I wasn't interested in riding on the back. LOL 

Had an alright day on Sunday. The event was on held both weekend days and until 4PM Sunday, but were were there for only 3 hours. Was called a MotorFest instead of a show, I put the wrong thing. Even knowing that, I was expecting a bit more out of it. Were stalls, attractions for mainly kids to go on, a small dirt bike course, main area where show cars showed off their...cars, plus having activities for kids and a few stunts for professionals in that bit, another stunt area (small enclosure), ride on the back of a motorbike, in a helicopter, and the Monster Ride Truck. Oh, and another area for show cars (before they went to the main area) and club cars for people to look at.

Of course on the map they gave us advertised a more eventful upcoming show, but oh well. Was still good to spend with my Dad and sister at least.

At least your cookout, Moony and Shira, ended up raining at the end and not during.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
(Jun 14th, 2019, 11:01 PM)Moonface Wrote:
It had better be a monster truck. Glare 
Nah man, a bendy bus. *shot*

I mean, yeah of course. XD Indeed there was one there, the Red Dragon Monster Ride Truck. Took photos and a video of it, but didn't actually ride on it. The area it was driving about in had a number of crushed and damaged cars for the truck to go over. I wonder if at the start of the weekend they were mostly undamaged at least, and got to see the truck actually destroying them. As I wanted to watch carnage and there wasn't any, I wasn't interested in riding on the back. LOL 

Had an alright day on Sunday. The event was on held both weekend days and until 4PM Sunday, but were were there for only 3 hours. Was called a MotorFest instead of a show, I put the wrong thing. Even knowing that, I was expecting a bit more out of it. Were stalls, attractions for mainly kids to go on, a small dirt bike course, main area where show cars showed off their...cars, plus having activities for kids and a few stunts for professionals in that bit, another stunt area (small enclosure), ride on the back of a motorbike, in a helicopter, and the Monster Ride Truck. Oh, and another area for show cars (before they went to the main area) and club cars for people to look at.

Of course on the map they gave us advertised a more eventful upcoming show, but oh well. Was still good to spend with my Dad and sister at least.

At least your cookout, Moony and Shira, ended up raining at the end and not during.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I didn't do anything for Father's Day, simply because my dad isn't in the country I'm in and even then, I've never done much on that day anyway. My parents don't care much for the Mother's/Father's Day stuff. The most we'd do is just order a chinese takeout. ROFL

@EL: Ooh, I've never seen a monster truck you could ride on the back of before. I wonder how dangerous it would be to allow people to ride in the back strapped in tightly with a safety cage around them and take the truck out over the crushed cars? That sounds like a great thing to do for such a ride, but probably too dodgy for anyone to want to even consider offering it. XD

I really need to start booking driving lessons. I've been meaning to for weeks now and every time I intend to do it I completely forget about it! >.<
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I didn't do anything for Father's Day, simply because my dad isn't in the country I'm in and even then, I've never done much on that day anyway. My parents don't care much for the Mother's/Father's Day stuff. The most we'd do is just order a chinese takeout. ROFL

@EL: Ooh, I've never seen a monster truck you could ride on the back of before. I wonder how dangerous it would be to allow people to ride in the back strapped in tightly with a safety cage around them and take the truck out over the crushed cars? That sounds like a great thing to do for such a ride, but probably too dodgy for anyone to want to even consider offering it. XD

I really need to start booking driving lessons. I've been meaning to for weeks now and every time I intend to do it I completely forget about it! >.<
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I actually got my father a year's worth of Hulu, since he & my mother usually watch a TON of stuff on tv. My mom I got a Roku for Mother's Day. I spent the day with my father in law & my mother in law passed away a few years ago; or I would have spent some time with her.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I actually got my father a year's worth of Hulu, since he & my mother usually watch a TON of stuff on tv. My mom I got a Roku for Mother's Day. I spent the day with my father in law & my mother in law passed away a few years ago; or I would have spent some time with her.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Speaking of passing away, someone at my work was killed in what I'm going to call a self inflicted car accident last week. I didn't really know them that much, but knowing they were 35 and seeing the people who did know her struggling to stay focused at work sucks. Eh

Another thing that sucks is my college still failing to fix my account so I can sign up for classes for Fall. At this rate I'm going to have to miss out on the Fall semester because it won't be fixed before sign-ups close or all the classes are going to be full. Sad

Then there's needing to learn to drive and feeling like I'll never manage to be proficient at it within a matter of weeks if Shira and I find a new place to move into in the near future. And the fact I've never moved house before (immigration doesn't count to me) makes house hunting more anxiety inducing for me than it should be. We only got pre-approved for a mortgage on Saturday and somehow I've already managed to have people at work question me if I'm OK because for once I'm apparently doing an incredibly shit job at putting on the everything-is-fine-happy-face. Rolleyes

Anyway, enough of that. Since July 4th is coming up, has anyone made any plans for it yet? I don't know what I'm doing, if anything, since the day doesn't really apply to me so I just go along with whatever people around me are doing and want me to be a part of. The only thing I care for for the day is fireworks, although I doubt I'm going to get to launch any of those this year through simple lack of having somewhere to shoot them off. XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Speaking of passing away, someone at my work was killed in what I'm going to call a self inflicted car accident last week. I didn't really know them that much, but knowing they were 35 and seeing the people who did know her struggling to stay focused at work sucks. Eh

Another thing that sucks is my college still failing to fix my account so I can sign up for classes for Fall. At this rate I'm going to have to miss out on the Fall semester because it won't be fixed before sign-ups close or all the classes are going to be full. Sad

Then there's needing to learn to drive and feeling like I'll never manage to be proficient at it within a matter of weeks if Shira and I find a new place to move into in the near future. And the fact I've never moved house before (immigration doesn't count to me) makes house hunting more anxiety inducing for me than it should be. We only got pre-approved for a mortgage on Saturday and somehow I've already managed to have people at work question me if I'm OK because for once I'm apparently doing an incredibly shit job at putting on the everything-is-fine-happy-face. Rolleyes

Anyway, enough of that. Since July 4th is coming up, has anyone made any plans for it yet? I don't know what I'm doing, if anything, since the day doesn't really apply to me so I just go along with whatever people around me are doing and want me to be a part of. The only thing I care for for the day is fireworks, although I doubt I'm going to get to launch any of those this year through simple lack of having somewhere to shoot them off. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Hopefully we'll do something with someone on the 4th. It's on a Thursday this year, but I am off that day so there's that! Coincidentally you'd be off too, since you're usually off on Thursdays Tongue

The house hunting has been going well. The mortgage loan got fully approved so we have a good idea of what we'd be getting. I found one I really liked that I saw today and hope Moony and my mom like it too when they see it (I saw it by myself on my lunch break). ^_^
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Hopefully we'll do something with someone on the 4th. It's on a Thursday this year, but I am off that day so there's that! Coincidentally you'd be off too, since you're usually off on Thursdays Tongue

The house hunting has been going well. The mortgage loan got fully approved so we have a good idea of what we'd be getting. I found one I really liked that I saw today and hope Moony and my mom like it too when they see it (I saw it by myself on my lunch break). ^_^
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 27th, 2019, 03:51 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Yeah, although my co-worker on frozen appears to want that day off as vacation, so I'm hoping they don't call me in for it as cover. But I doubt they're going to let my department be completely without people for July 4th.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 27th, 2019, 03:51 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Yeah, although my co-worker on frozen appears to want that day off as vacation, so I'm hoping they don't call me in for it as cover. But I doubt they're going to let my department be completely without people for July 4th.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Usually Jing & I hang out with his sister & her kids on the 4th. If they don't do anything usually we just tend to stay at home & I make a special meal. We'll sometimes light off fireworks, but usually it's only if we bought some ahead of time. XD

(Jun 27th, 2019, 10:02 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Could always just not pick up the phone.  Whistle Wink Tongue xD
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Usually Jing & I hang out with his sister & her kids on the 4th. If they don't do anything usually we just tend to stay at home & I make a special meal. We'll sometimes light off fireworks, but usually it's only if we bought some ahead of time. XD

(Jun 27th, 2019, 10:02 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Could always just not pick up the phone.  Whistle Wink Tongue xD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The problem is they'll likely ask me when I'm in the store on one of my five shifts, which is a lot harder to avoid. Tongue

Do you buy the small fireworks most stores sell queen or do you go out to places like Phantom Fireworks to buy some of the stupidly huge ones that could blow up a small shed? ROFL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The problem is they'll likely ask me when I'm in the store on one of my five shifts, which is a lot harder to avoid. Tongue

Do you buy the small fireworks most stores sell queen or do you go out to places like Phantom Fireworks to buy some of the stupidly huge ones that could blow up a small shed? ROFL
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
(Jun 27th, 2019, 10:26 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Could always hide out from one of the mangers when you see 'em coming. ;3 xD

We did the big fireworks one year as a group & got the big ones; & man they were loud. Problem was that the kids who were younger were really scared of them; so it seemed more like it was for the adults then the kids (at the time). So usually when we buy them in order to not scare the kids; we get the smaller fireworks in the stores. They tend to handle those better we found, but if it's just us.. Yea, I'll go cheap & get the store bought kind since the bigger fireworks are a bit too pricey. I know it's to celebrate; but every one in our neighborhood does the big fire works, so I'd rather enjoy their's. Tongue lol
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Could always hide out from one of the mangers when you see 'em coming. ;3 xD

We did the big fireworks one year as a group & got the big ones; & man they were loud. Problem was that the kids who were younger were really scared of them; so it seemed more like it was for the adults then the kids (at the time). So usually when we buy them in order to not scare the kids; we get the smaller fireworks in the stores. They tend to handle those better we found, but if it's just us.. Yea, I'll go cheap & get the store bought kind since the bigger fireworks are a bit too pricey. I know it's to celebrate; but every one in our neighborhood does the big fire works, so I'd rather enjoy their's. Tongue lol
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
We always go for the huge fireworks. Might as well celebrate & blow some stuff sky high: litterally. My brother & I plan to get at least a dozen to light off. Haha.
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
We always go for the huge fireworks. Might as well celebrate & blow some stuff sky high: litterally. My brother & I plan to get at least a dozen to light off. Haha.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Is it illegal to have big fireworks in your state (or anyone else's who reads this and isn't Florida based)? Florida forbids them but you can buy them by signing a waiver that says you're using them to scare off pests from crops, but firing them for anything other than that, a.k.a. every reason you actually launch a firework, is still illegal. I think so many people do it though that the cops don't care so long as you're not being dangerous about it, which makes it a good thing that no cop has ever witnessed me around fireworks. XD

Had to go to the dentist for a deep clean yesterday, and my mouth is still tender from the digging and shots/injections I had to get. On the bright side, the tooth sensitivity I was warned about doesn't seem to have befallen me, so I don't need to be worried about hot/cold foods or drinks. Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Is it illegal to have big fireworks in your state (or anyone else's who reads this and isn't Florida based)? Florida forbids them but you can buy them by signing a waiver that says you're using them to scare off pests from crops, but firing them for anything other than that, a.k.a. every reason you actually launch a firework, is still illegal. I think so many people do it though that the cops don't care so long as you're not being dangerous about it, which makes it a good thing that no cop has ever witnessed me around fireworks. XD

Had to go to the dentist for a deep clean yesterday, and my mouth is still tender from the digging and shots/injections I had to get. On the bright side, the tooth sensitivity I was warned about doesn't seem to have befallen me, so I don't need to be worried about hot/cold foods or drinks. Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [BREAKING] News Thread ShiraNoMai 239 43,525 Yesterday, 03:28 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  The Movie Thread Moonface 88 21,555 Mar 27th, 2024, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Universal Gaming Marketplace Moonface 87 62,206 Mar 10th, 2024, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 49,068 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
  The Food & Drink Thread Moonface 100 41,747 Mar 24th, 2023, 08:45 PM