Resident Evil (Series)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,645
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'm actually surprised Dino Crisis hasn't had anything done with it following the success of the RE remakes, even if it was just re-releasing the original games digitally as an easy way to try and judge some level of interest in the series today.

I also hadn't heard of Survivor before. You mention it being confirmed as canon by RE0 but has there ever been a game in the RE series that isn't canon? I've always thought they all were. Unsure
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,645 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'm actually surprised Dino Crisis hasn't had anything done with it following the success of the RE remakes, even if it was just re-releasing the original games digitally as an easy way to try and judge some level of interest in the series today.

I also hadn't heard of Survivor before. You mention it being confirmed as canon by RE0 but has there ever been a game in the RE series that isn't canon? I've always thought they all were. Unsure
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,819
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Yes, actually; RE Survivor 2 is a dream of Claire's during the events of Code Veronica and involves her getting chased by Nemesis. Dead Aim (RE Survivor 4) no one knows if it's canon, because those events have never been referenced out of that game. Resident Evil Gaiden on Game Boy is a game that is explicitly non-canon, as well (hence the "Gaiden" in its name -- Japanese for "Another Story"). Survivor 2 and Dead Aim are also Light Gun games, and Gaiden is more of a turn-based RPG. Those are the ones I can immediately think of; I'd have to dig if there are any others.

Survivor 3 is a Dino Crisis game; don't worry about it.
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,819 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Yes, actually; RE Survivor 2 is a dream of Claire's during the events of Code Veronica and involves her getting chased by Nemesis. Dead Aim (RE Survivor 4) no one knows if it's canon, because those events have never been referenced out of that game. Resident Evil Gaiden on Game Boy is a game that is explicitly non-canon, as well (hence the "Gaiden" in its name -- Japanese for "Another Story"). Survivor 2 and Dead Aim are also Light Gun games, and Gaiden is more of a turn-based RPG. Those are the ones I can immediately think of; I'd have to dig if there are any others.

Survivor 3 is a Dino Crisis game; don't worry about it.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,645
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Oh wow okay I didn't expect to see they did 4 of the Survivor-style games. Looking at them quickly I could see the second one being a good side mode or DLC mode for a Code Veronica remake, since I don't think any of them as a standalone title would do that well compared to the mainline entries. I think if Capcom were to remake a light gun RE shooter they'd be more likely to go for Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles because they don't seem to be as much of a spin-off as the Survivor series is plus they collectively tie into RE0, RE1, RE3 and RE4 (I'm actually surprised neither cover anything about RE2) in what appears to be a more canonical way.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,645 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Oh wow okay I didn't expect to see they did 4 of the Survivor-style games. Looking at them quickly I could see the second one being a good side mode or DLC mode for a Code Veronica remake, since I don't think any of them as a standalone title would do that well compared to the mainline entries. I think if Capcom were to remake a light gun RE shooter they'd be more likely to go for Umbrella Chronicles and Darkside Chronicles because they don't seem to be as much of a spin-off as the Survivor series is plus they collectively tie into RE0, RE1, RE3 and RE4 (I'm actually surprised neither cover anything about RE2) in what appears to be a more canonical way.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hades (Series) | Hades II Early Access Announcement Moonface 15 6,509 7 hours ago
Last Post: Moonface
  Rayman (Series) Moonface 17 9,878 Yesterday, 02:44 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 120 12,714 Apr 12th, 2024, 09:29 PM
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 20 1,427 Apr 7th, 2024, 07:42 PM
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 100 26,695 Apr 7th, 2024, 07:26 PM