Resident Evil (Series)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I forgot I need to do Hardcore, so I guess I can swap them around then even if there's nothing new to be seen from it. Also I thought each character had a different perk but the game doesn't mention it in the menus, so is that still in this game or have I heard wrong about even the original RE2? XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I forgot I need to do Hardcore, so I guess I can swap them around then even if there's nothing new to be seen from it. Also I thought each character had a different perk but the game doesn't mention it in the menus, so is that still in this game or have I heard wrong about even the original RE2? XD
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
XP: 2,342
WipEout Minecraft Resident Evil 
Hmm I don't recall there being too many perks in RE2 between the characters, even in the original. I do remember that Leon starts out with a lighter in his inventory while Claire has to find that, though it seems like they've removed that altogether in the remake. They do end up finding different weapons throughout the game though, for example one will find a shotgun where the other will find a grenade launcher. There are key differences between the two stories overall, you interact with different characters during your playthroughs, I'm just not completely sure how much is different between the A/B runs.
[Image: ldgamalthea.png]
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
XP: 2,342 WipEout Minecraft Resident Evil 
Hmm I don't recall there being too many perks in RE2 between the characters, even in the original. I do remember that Leon starts out with a lighter in his inventory while Claire has to find that, though it seems like they've removed that altogether in the remake. They do end up finding different weapons throughout the game though, for example one will find a shotgun where the other will find a grenade launcher. There are key differences between the two stories overall, you interact with different characters during your playthroughs, I'm just not completely sure how much is different between the A/B runs.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, the lighter and I want to say the lockpick are what I'm thinking of.

Also as a tip, try not to rely on the knife counter too much when being grabbed by an enemy. It takes off about 1/3 of your knife's durability each time so you'll eat through knives pretty quickly. Plus it's useful to have it to knife any zombies on the floor to see if they're actually dead or just pretending to be. Tongue

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, the lighter and I want to say the lockpick are what I'm thinking of.

Also as a tip, try not to rely on the knife counter too much when being grabbed by an enemy. It takes off about 1/3 of your knife's durability each time so you'll eat through knives pretty quickly. Plus it's useful to have it to knife any zombies on the floor to see if they're actually dead or just pretending to be. Tongue
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
Ah yep, the lockpick too xD I always think of Jill since she receives it in the first game because she's the 'master of unlocking' lol.
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
Ah yep, the lockpick too xD I always think of Jill since she receives it in the first game because she's the 'master of unlocking' lol.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Speaking of Jill, did you hear that Capcom will consider remaking RE3 if there's enough demand by the fans for it?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Speaking of Jill, did you hear that Capcom will consider remaking RE3 if there's enough demand by the fans for it?
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
I did! Grin I think there will definitely be enough demand for it, especially considering the success of the RE2 remake and how it's drawn in both old and new fans. It was the first time the franchise has launched in Steam's top 5 most played games, and it debuted with 4x more players than RE7. I'd really like them to remake Code Veronica too and I think that would be it for remakes. Despite RE4 being nearly 15 years old I think it's held up pretty well so a remake really isn't necessary IMO.

They've also confirmed RE8 is in early development as well if I remember correctly!
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
I did! Grin I think there will definitely be enough demand for it, especially considering the success of the RE2 remake and how it's drawn in both old and new fans. It was the first time the franchise has launched in Steam's top 5 most played games, and it debuted with 4x more players than RE7. I'd really like them to remake Code Veronica too and I think that would be it for remakes. Despite RE4 being nearly 15 years old I think it's held up pretty well so a remake really isn't necessary IMO.

They've also confirmed RE8 is in early development as well if I remember correctly!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think RE4 needs a remake, since it's been enhanced throughout the years as it's been released on newer systems, similar to RE1. I also doubt that just visually upgrading that game even more would create huge sales, since while the game has nostalgia, it isn't hard to get a copy of it that looks and runs decently. Whereas RE2 and RE3 on the other hand are both from the PS1 days and can clearly benefit from a total overhaul.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't think RE4 needs a remake, since it's been enhanced throughout the years as it's been released on newer systems, similar to RE1. I also doubt that just visually upgrading that game even more would create huge sales, since while the game has nostalgia, it isn't hard to get a copy of it that looks and runs decently. Whereas RE2 and RE3 on the other hand are both from the PS1 days and can clearly benefit from a total overhaul.
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
Agreed Tongue

It'll be amazing to see what they can do with RE3 though, especially with the Nemesis  Wow
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
Agreed Tongue

It'll be amazing to see what they can do with RE3 though, especially with the Nemesis  Wow
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If they do decide to remake 3, I hope they do it after 8. I'd rather see the remakes come between new entries so that there isn't a period where despite getting "new" entries, Resi isn't actually progressing or building its world.

Although I wonder if they'll go for a tone that's more cheesy like RE2, or the one that was in RE7 which felt a little more serious to me. Plus will Chris end up being the only character to really end up with a drastic redesign since changing Leon or Claire for a future Resi game might confuse people who bought REmake 2.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If they do decide to remake 3, I hope they do it after 8. I'd rather see the remakes come between new entries so that there isn't a period where despite getting "new" entries, Resi isn't actually progressing or building its world.

Although I wonder if they'll go for a tone that's more cheesy like RE2, or the one that was in RE7 which felt a little more serious to me. Plus will Chris end up being the only character to really end up with a drastic redesign since changing Leon or Claire for a future Resi game might confuse people who bought REmake 2.
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
I'm not too fussed, though I'm entirely sure that's because I'm bias as heck and I've been desperately wanting remakes of RE2 and RE3 since 2002 when they originally remade the first for the GameCube XD I understand what you mean though! Hard to say which one we'll end up seeing first, since both REmake 2 and RE7 were in development for about three years.

I think the remakes have upped the seriousness from the originals some, especially with the dialogue which was pretty awful before XD Maybe something more serious with a dash of classic RE "cheese"  LOL 

Ah, Chris has gone through so many redesigns it's funny xD It's actually one of the reasons why I'm not really a huge fan of RE5 because his character design was just... bad. His look for RE7 wasn't too bad though, definitely felt more natural and realistic than some of his other designs. Claire and Leon have remained pretty similar though, so I think if they were to be featured in a new installment simply aging them accordingly would be fine. Chris might have gotten that overhaul because his RE5/6/REV2 look was so meh  XD
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
I'm not too fussed, though I'm entirely sure that's because I'm bias as heck and I've been desperately wanting remakes of RE2 and RE3 since 2002 when they originally remade the first for the GameCube XD I understand what you mean though! Hard to say which one we'll end up seeing first, since both REmake 2 and RE7 were in development for about three years.

I think the remakes have upped the seriousness from the originals some, especially with the dialogue which was pretty awful before XD Maybe something more serious with a dash of classic RE "cheese"  LOL 

Ah, Chris has gone through so many redesigns it's funny xD It's actually one of the reasons why I'm not really a huge fan of RE5 because his character design was just... bad. His look for RE7 wasn't too bad though, definitely felt more natural and realistic than some of his other designs. Claire and Leon have remained pretty similar though, so I think if they were to be featured in a new installment simply aging them accordingly would be fine. Chris might have gotten that overhaul because his RE5/6/REV2 look was so meh  XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
RE3 takes place essentially in parallel to RE2 right? Maybe they could get a remake of it done quicker than REmake 2 since they could probably reuse some stuff from the aforementioned, especially if there are any locations that appear in both games.

Yeah, I don't blame them for redesigning Chris now you mention that. The most recent stuff I'd seen of him outside RE7 was from RE1 where he doesn't have his Olympian Boulder Punch appearance. ROFL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
RE3 takes place essentially in parallel to RE2 right? Maybe they could get a remake of it done quicker than REmake 2 since they could probably reuse some stuff from the aforementioned, especially if there are any locations that appear in both games.

Yeah, I don't blame them for redesigning Chris now you mention that. The most recent stuff I'd seen of him outside RE7 was from RE1 where he doesn't have his Olympian Boulder Punch appearance. ROFL
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
Yep, pretty much! That's what I was thinking (and hoping for) too, since they could reuse some elements and designs of either locations or enemies. The police station is used in RE3 though you're not there for long, and the rest would be new plus there are a lot more enemies you encounter too.

Haha XD I still can't believe they had him beat up a gigantic boulder in RE5. So ridiculous lol.
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
Yep, pretty much! That's what I was thinking (and hoping for) too, since they could reuse some elements and designs of either locations or enemies. The police station is used in RE3 though you're not there for long, and the rest would be new plus there are a lot more enemies you encounter too.

Haha XD I still can't believe they had him beat up a gigantic boulder in RE5. So ridiculous lol.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The boulder in RE5 is when the series jumped the shark while shooting it in the face with an RPG as they were above it. If the scene had been with something smaller, or even Chris finding a piece of metal for leverage, it might have been acceptable. Or even if it was just a loose slab that he rammed into to tip it.

Thinking of RE5 randomly reminded me of the Mercenaries mode that was in that game and RE4 (no clue what other games featured it off the top of my head). I always thought that was a pretty fun mode and some of the maps were really fun, especially if they went with a theme that wasn't really usable within the main games. Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The boulder in RE5 is when the series jumped the shark while shooting it in the face with an RPG as they were above it. If the scene had been with something smaller, or even Chris finding a piece of metal for leverage, it might have been acceptable. Or even if it was just a loose slab that he rammed into to tip it.

Thinking of RE5 randomly reminded me of the Mercenaries mode that was in that game and RE4 (no clue what other games featured it off the top of my head). I always thought that was a pretty fun mode and some of the maps were really fun, especially if they went with a theme that wasn't really usable within the main games. Grin
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
They really did XD They could have done so many different things that would have made it just fine, like you suggested, but... they went with that. I had to look it up on YouTube for funsies and jeeez... I forgot how huge it was!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xuXkVzBdJQ

I don't think I tried it on RE5, but I do remember having some fun with it on RE4 Grin It would be neat to see it come back somehow!
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
They really did XD They could have done so many different things that would have made it just fine, like you suggested, but... they went with that. I had to look it up on YouTube for funsies and jeeez... I forgot how huge it was!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xuXkVzBdJQ

I don't think I tried it on RE5, but I do remember having some fun with it on RE4 Grin It would be neat to see it come back somehow!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh my god I forgot how hilariously big that thing was too! I wondered if anyone out on the internet had tried to determine the size of this boulder, and this was what I found as the best answer in a Reddit thread asking exactly how big it is:

Unknown Reddit User Wrote:
Whilst the game doesn't show the boulder and him standing directly in one shot, the boulder appears to be approximately 2.5 his height in diameter. According to the Resident Evil wikia, Chris is between 181cm and 185cm in height (apparently this varies between games), so we'll call him 183cm tall, meaning that the boulder has a diameter of 457.5cm. Using the standard formula for the volume of a sphere (assuming that the boulder was fully spherical and didn't have the cracked and raised surface), the boulder has an approximate volume of 50.14m3. The most common type of rock formed from lava that cools quickly is Basalt, which has a colour similar to the boulder that he is pushing. Basalt has a density of approximately 2.74g per cm3 or 2740kg per m3 therefore giving the boulder a mass of (2740x50.14) 137383.6kg. Assuming that friction is irrelevant and he accelerates the object at a rate of 1ms-2, the force required to move the object would be 137383.6N. Obviously, when friction is taken into account, this would be higher. Whilst I can't find data for the heaviest thing ever pushed, the heaviest lift ever appears to have been a 523.8kg weight, meaning the force required to lift it was greater than (523.8x9.81) 5138.5N. This would make Chris approximately (137383/5138.5) 26.73 times stronger than the strongest man in the world (ignoring friction).
Even when they try to give Chris as much leeway as possible in this scenario, it still works out to be hilariously heavier than probably even ten of him could realistically hope to move. How he manages to punch the thing and be able to use a gun in the following sequences is also wonderful to me. XD

Before that the only other ridiculous thing I'd seen in Resi games was the speed you can get characters to turn handles in Resi 4 if you mash the button fast enough. ROFL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh my god I forgot how hilariously big that thing was too! I wondered if anyone out on the internet had tried to determine the size of this boulder, and this was what I found as the best answer in a Reddit thread asking exactly how big it is:

Unknown Reddit User Wrote:
Whilst the game doesn't show the boulder and him standing directly in one shot, the boulder appears to be approximately 2.5 his height in diameter. According to the Resident Evil wikia, Chris is between 181cm and 185cm in height (apparently this varies between games), so we'll call him 183cm tall, meaning that the boulder has a diameter of 457.5cm. Using the standard formula for the volume of a sphere (assuming that the boulder was fully spherical and didn't have the cracked and raised surface), the boulder has an approximate volume of 50.14m3. The most common type of rock formed from lava that cools quickly is Basalt, which has a colour similar to the boulder that he is pushing. Basalt has a density of approximately 2.74g per cm3 or 2740kg per m3 therefore giving the boulder a mass of (2740x50.14) 137383.6kg. Assuming that friction is irrelevant and he accelerates the object at a rate of 1ms-2, the force required to move the object would be 137383.6N. Obviously, when friction is taken into account, this would be higher. Whilst I can't find data for the heaviest thing ever pushed, the heaviest lift ever appears to have been a 523.8kg weight, meaning the force required to lift it was greater than (523.8x9.81) 5138.5N. This would make Chris approximately (137383/5138.5) 26.73 times stronger than the strongest man in the world (ignoring friction).
Even when they try to give Chris as much leeway as possible in this scenario, it still works out to be hilariously heavier than probably even ten of him could realistically hope to move. How he manages to punch the thing and be able to use a gun in the following sequences is also wonderful to me. XD

Before that the only other ridiculous thing I'd seen in Resi games was the speed you can get characters to turn handles in Resi 4 if you mash the button fast enough. ROFL

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 114 11,949 Yesterday, 10:14 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 26,013 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 22 8,457 Mar 12th, 2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 19 1,274 Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  NieR (Series) | NieR 3 Teased? Moonface 43 12,856 Mar 2nd, 2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Moonface