Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
XP: 2,342
WipEout Minecraft Resident Evil 
Right!? XD Aah I love that someone figured all that out. And I love that it's even more ridiculous when looking at the numbers of it all. I think it took me awhile to play the game after it's release so I knew of the boulder before I played through, still didn't prepare me for how terrible it was XD

Haha, yep. They did have Leon running from boulders Indiana Jones style but still, nothing beats the RE5 boulder  LOL

Oh, and this has been floating around xD Broken facial expressions for the REmake 2. It's both hilarious and terrifying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTvqsXWTlVY
[Image: ldgamalthea.png]
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
XP: 2,342 WipEout Minecraft Resident Evil 
Right!? XD Aah I love that someone figured all that out. And I love that it's even more ridiculous when looking at the numbers of it all. I think it took me awhile to play the game after it's release so I knew of the boulder before I played through, still didn't prepare me for how terrible it was XD

Haha, yep. They did have Leon running from boulders Indiana Jones style but still, nothing beats the RE5 boulder  LOL

Oh, and this has been floating around xD Broken facial expressions for the REmake 2. It's both hilarious and terrifying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTvqsXWTlVY
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,164
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I finished my Leon A run over the weekend and was one minute off from not getting a B rank. Started Claire B and so far finding it confusing. I expected it to be her doing things that might be affected by Leon, but a lot of it so far is doing things that make no sense.

The B campaign feels like if I just did the A campaign again but without the opening sequence being played in full, which isn't what I was expecting.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,164 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I finished my Leon A run over the weekend and was one minute off from not getting a B rank. Started Claire B and so far finding it confusing. I expected it to be her doing things that might be affected by Leon, but a lot of it so far is doing things that make no sense.

The B campaign feels like if I just did the A campaign again but without the opening sequence being played in full, which isn't what I was expecting.
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
I just finished my Claire B run and I agree, some things are confusing and make no sense. I think it's more or less... that suspension of disbelief (though I've read silly fan theories, obviously joking around, that Mr. X [the tyrant that chases you through the police station] is really OCD and puts the medallions back and resets everything lol).

I haven't played Claire A yet but I'm assuming there are some differences like how you attain the medallions for example; slightly altered puzzles and you find their solution via different means etc. Later down the line there are some events that line up better with Leon's run through, but for the most part... yeah, I think they could have streamlined it a little better. Granted I'm pretty sure that's how the originals were too, and I wasn't really expecting them to make entirely new scenarios for the A/B runs but I can see it being confusing/more of a let down for players who haven't played the originals.

I do still plan to do a Claire A run and hopefully knock my time down to below 3 hours so I can get the infinite weapons and then I'll probably tackle hardcore Tongue

Other than that confusion though, how did you find the rest of the game? Characters, enemies, tyrants, etc? Grin
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
I just finished my Claire B run and I agree, some things are confusing and make no sense. I think it's more or less... that suspension of disbelief (though I've read silly fan theories, obviously joking around, that Mr. X [the tyrant that chases you through the police station] is really OCD and puts the medallions back and resets everything lol).

I haven't played Claire A yet but I'm assuming there are some differences like how you attain the medallions for example; slightly altered puzzles and you find their solution via different means etc. Later down the line there are some events that line up better with Leon's run through, but for the most part... yeah, I think they could have streamlined it a little better. Granted I'm pretty sure that's how the originals were too, and I wasn't really expecting them to make entirely new scenarios for the A/B runs but I can see it being confusing/more of a let down for players who haven't played the originals.

I do still plan to do a Claire A run and hopefully knock my time down to below 3 hours so I can get the infinite weapons and then I'll probably tackle hardcore Tongue

Other than that confusion though, how did you find the rest of the game? Characters, enemies, tyrants, etc? Grin
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I found the Tyrant to be a nuisance but nothing worse than Jack from RE7. There was only one moment with the Tyrant I found to be just ridiculous:
The one moment in the gun store is also something I wish we can get more of. Seeing how the outbreak affects the residents like that really helps to build the lore of the city, and it makes me wish we could get a scenario down the line where we play as a group of survivors in the initial outbreak as everything falls apart. Even just short stories spanning the time period the Raccoon City Incident takes place would be enough, and probably better as then we can get multiple perspectives without all of them needing to be the length of a campaign.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I found the Tyrant to be a nuisance but nothing worse than Jack from RE7. There was only one moment with the Tyrant I found to be just ridiculous:
The one moment in the gun store is also something I wish we can get more of. Seeing how the outbreak affects the residents like that really helps to build the lore of the city, and it makes me wish we could get a scenario down the line where we play as a group of survivors in the initial outbreak as everything falls apart. Even just short stories spanning the time period the Raccoon City Incident takes place would be enough, and probably better as then we can get multiple perspectives without all of them needing to be the length of a campaign.
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
Speaking of! I do believe he's one of the characters we'll get to play in the DLC so we'll be seeing more of him! Grin

That'd be really neat, and it kind of sounds a bit like the Outbreak games. They're two games on the PS2 where you can choose between ~8 or so characters and play through scenarios, each with different perks. Like one character is a cop so he starts off with a gun/ammo, another has more carrying space, etc. They were more geared towards online play but they were fun games. Something like that would be nice to see again Grin I'm not sure if an Outbreak File #3 was ever considered but maybe if the series picks up/gets more popular again... Grin
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
Speaking of! I do believe he's one of the characters we'll get to play in the DLC so we'll be seeing more of him! Grin

That'd be really neat, and it kind of sounds a bit like the Outbreak games. They're two games on the PS2 where you can choose between ~8 or so characters and play through scenarios, each with different perks. Like one character is a cop so he starts off with a gun/ammo, another has more carrying space, etc. They were more geared towards online play but they were fun games. Something like that would be nice to see again Grin I'm not sure if an Outbreak File #3 was ever considered but maybe if the series picks up/gets more popular again... Grin
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Speaking of annoying moments with Mr. X, I just discovered this hilarious glitch video: https://www.reddit.com/r/residentevil/co...a_problem/

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Speaking of annoying moments with Mr. X, I just discovered this hilarious glitch video: https://www.reddit.com/r/residentevil/co...a_problem/
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Has anyone tried The Ghost Survivors yet? I tried doing the first one and so far haven't been able to beat it. I keep getting killed by those stupid plant enemies because I run out of ammo or they hide in a group of zombies and suddenly jump out and bite my head off. >.<

Also, screw The 4th Survivor. That shit is way too hard and I beat it mostly due to lucky breaks at the end. Since Tofu Survivor is the same but with just a knife I'm not even touching that mode unless it unlocks something for me.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Has anyone tried The Ghost Survivors yet? I tried doing the first one and so far haven't been able to beat it. I keep getting killed by those stupid plant enemies because I run out of ammo or they hide in a group of zombies and suddenly jump out and bite my head off. >.<

Also, screw The 4th Survivor. That shit is way too hard and I beat it mostly due to lucky breaks at the end. Since Tofu Survivor is the same but with just a knife I'm not even touching that mode unless it unlocks something for me.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Project Resistance Teaser
The first official teaser has been released for an upcoming Resident Evil game titled Project Resistance. From the trailer, it appears to be a 4 player co-op game that will either be in the style of games such as Left 4 Dead, or an asymmetrical 4v1 game similar to those such as Evolve and Dead By Daylight. Who knows, maybe it'll feature both types of gameplay. What do you think?

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Project Resistance Teaser
The first official teaser has been released for an upcoming Resident Evil game titled Project Resistance. From the trailer, it appears to be a 4 player co-op game that will either be in the style of games such as Left 4 Dead, or an asymmetrical 4v1 game similar to those such as Evolve and Dead By Daylight. Who knows, maybe it'll feature both types of gameplay. What do you think?

Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
If IGN is to be believed, I can confirm is 4v1 assymetric multiplayer. To be honest...not sure if want? Should be interesting how this goes down. Here's hoping they don't f*** it up like Umbrella Corps.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
If IGN is to be believed, I can confirm is 4v1 assymetric multiplayer. To be honest...not sure if want? Should be interesting how this goes down. Here's hoping they don't f*** it up like Umbrella Corps.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 12th, 2019, 06:13 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Yeah, the trailer that came out during TGS confirmed it officially.

Not sure how I feel on it to be honest. My biggest gripe is that I don't think this game will have a notably decent lifespan and lobbies will be dead within about 6 months. Seems the majority aren't keen either judging by the trailers like/dislike ratio. I would have rather seen Mercenaries added to RE2 because the game would finally get a decent piece of side content instead of the stuff it has now, but whatever.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 12th, 2019, 06:13 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Yeah, the trailer that came out during TGS confirmed it officially.

Not sure how I feel on it to be honest. My biggest gripe is that I don't think this game will have a notably decent lifespan and lobbies will be dead within about 6 months. Seems the majority aren't keen either judging by the trailers like/dislike ratio. I would have rather seen Mercenaries added to RE2 because the game would finally get a decent piece of side content instead of the stuff it has now, but whatever.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Resident Evil 3 Remake Cover Art Appears on PSN
Cover art for the rumoured Resident Evil 3 remake has been discovered on PSN:

The website that the discovery was made on, https://gamstat.com/tracker, no longer features the cover arts on their website. However, as the box art images show, it looks as if there will be two versions of the game: the standard version, and a Z version.

Besides that, there's little else that has been discovered about the game so far. However, with The Game Awards coming up soon, it wouldn't be surprising to see an official announcement at that event.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Resident Evil 3 Remake Cover Art Appears on PSN
Cover art for the rumoured Resident Evil 3 remake has been discovered on PSN:

The website that the discovery was made on, https://gamstat.com/tracker, no longer features the cover arts on their website. However, as the box art images show, it looks as if there will be two versions of the game: the standard version, and a Z version.

Besides that, there's little else that has been discovered about the game so far. However, with The Game Awards coming up soon, it wouldn't be surprising to see an official announcement at that event.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Resident Evil 3 Remake Officially Announced
Resident Evil 3 Remake was officially announced this morning during this mornings PlayStation State of Play:

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Resident Evil 3 Remake Officially Announced
Resident Evil 3 Remake was officially announced this morning during this mornings PlayStation State of Play:

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Resident Evil 8 Announced
Village: Resident Evil has been announced during today's PS5 games showcase.

It looks like what I'd expect if RE4 and RE7 had a baby together and I'm down for it. Grin

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Resident Evil 8 Announced
Village: Resident Evil has been announced during today's PS5 games showcase.

It looks like what I'd expect if RE4 and RE7 had a baby together and I'm down for it. Grin
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Resident Evil Village - First Gameplay, Release Date, and More
A new trailer, first gameplay footage, a release date, and more have been revealed for Resident Evil Village. First up, here's the new trailer and the first gameplay footage:

Resident Evil Village will release on May 7, 2021 for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows. Also, available today, there is an exclusive demo on PlayStation 5 called Maiden, which features no combat and has you play as a woman known only as the Maiden. The demo will be coming to other platforms in Spring.

Resident Evil Village will also come with a free multi-player title called Resident Evil Re:Verse, which pits beloved Resident Evil characters against each other in six-person deathmatches:

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Resident Evil Village - First Gameplay, Release Date, and More
A new trailer, first gameplay footage, a release date, and more have been revealed for Resident Evil Village. First up, here's the new trailer and the first gameplay footage:

Resident Evil Village will release on May 7, 2021 for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X/S, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows. Also, available today, there is an exclusive demo on PlayStation 5 called Maiden, which features no combat and has you play as a woman known only as the Maiden. The demo will be coming to other platforms in Spring.

Resident Evil Village will also come with a free multi-player title called Resident Evil Re:Verse, which pits beloved Resident Evil characters against each other in six-person deathmatches:

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
They really ought to stop forcing the idea of multiplayer in Resident Evil. Every iteration they've attempted MP has it looking like the most after-thought looking idea ever.

That aside, RE8 looks cool af. Very much in the style of RE7, but with a lot of the ideology and even some visual nods to RE4. Smile
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
They really ought to stop forcing the idea of multiplayer in Resident Evil. Every iteration they've attempted MP has it looking like the most after-thought looking idea ever.

That aside, RE8 looks cool af. Very much in the style of RE7, but with a lot of the ideology and even some visual nods to RE4. Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 113 11,921 Mar 26th, 2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 25,973 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 22 8,449 Mar 12th, 2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 19 1,270 Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  NieR (Series) | NieR 3 Teased? Moonface 43 12,843 Mar 2nd, 2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Moonface