Character Battle
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
XP: 2,285
Anybody here follows Character Battle on GameFaqs?

This round I voted for Alucard, Yuna, L-Block snd Bomberman.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
Anybody here follows Character Battle on GameFaqs?

This round I voted for Alucard, Yuna, L-Block snd Bomberman.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
No, not really. But it looks like Alucard, Yuna, Kefka, & Boomerman are all ahead atmo.
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
No, not really. But it looks like Alucard, Yuna, Kefka, & Boomerman are all ahead atmo.
Chloe Offline
punk gyrl
Currently Playing
Legend of Zelda: OoT
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES/PC
XP: 308
I never even heard of gamegaq before now. I thought the conversation would be like, chloe from lis vs link from loz kind of deal. So... chloe vs link, I think chloe would hand link his green ass. Hehe.
[Image: chloe-13.png]
Chloe Offline
punk gyrl
Currently Playing
Legend of Zelda: OoT
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES/PC
XP: 308
I never even heard of gamegaq before now. I thought the conversation would be like, chloe from lis vs link from loz kind of deal. So... chloe vs link, I think chloe would hand link his green ass. Hehe.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
I don't follow it, but I can see the appeal of the idea.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
I don't follow it, but I can see the appeal of the idea.
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
GameFaqs since years has been doing character battles. I have been a member of it since I think 12 years. I think it'sca funny thing to see which character is more liked/popular. Or hoping that our favourite character won't lose the fight.
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
GameFaqs since years has been doing character battles. I have been a member of it since I think 12 years. I think it'sca funny thing to see which character is more liked/popular. Or hoping that our favourite character won't lose the fight.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So do these ever have an ending round planned, or is it just random match-ups every so often and seeing what the result is?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So do these ever have an ending round planned, or is it just random match-ups every so often and seeing what the result is?
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
(Oct 25th, 2018, 11:45 PM)Moonface Wrote:

All first round fights are predetermined, and the winner of each round advances to the next round fighting a winner from different round. All characters fight like this until only one remains. There is a full bracket: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/features/cbx_bracket
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
(Oct 25th, 2018, 11:45 PM)Moonface Wrote:

All first round fights are predetermined, and the winner of each round advances to the next round fighting a winner from different round. All characters fight like this until only one remains. There is a full bracket: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/features/cbx_bracket
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Ooh, that time of year again. Do you remember who won last year? Hmm

Voted D.Va, Fox McCloud, Toad and Waluigi. You know, for all the internet speak on Waluigi, he's currently losing by a significant margin right now Errm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Ooh, that time of year again. Do you remember who won last year? Hmm

Voted D.Va, Fox McCloud, Toad and Waluigi. You know, for all the internet speak on Waluigi, he's currently losing by a significant margin right now Errm
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
Finally someone who recognizes what it is! But I don't remember who won last year Sad.

Right now I'm in work, so I didn't vote yet, but I'm kinda happy that Isaac yesterday (I think, he had lots of votes) won. I was afraid that a character from a not very well known game will lose against hot chick that will get votes only because she's a hot chick. But thankfully I was wrong.
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
Finally someone who recognizes what it is! But I don't remember who won last year Sad.

Right now I'm in work, so I didn't vote yet, but I'm kinda happy that Isaac yesterday (I think, he had lots of votes) won. I was afraid that a character from a not very well known game will lose against hot chick that will get votes only because she's a hot chick. But thankfully I was wrong.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
The fact that Waluigi is losing when Gamefaqs is full of 10-year olds who thrive on internet means is a little surprising, but then you see that he's losing to Aerith, who is a much more iconic character than he is, so it's not that surprising.

Anyways, normally I don't pay attention to the character battles on Gamefaqs, because as I mentioned, 99.99% of the user base there are complete and utter retards that tend to vote for the meme of the month rather than actually good characters. Though I have been surprised by some of the results.

Vivi beating Yu Narukami was a nice surprise. I had figured that shitty protag from extremely overrated P4 would beat Vivi. Glad to see the opposite happen.

Seeing Velvet win her match was also a pleasant surprise. 2B also winning her first match is great.

Estelle being against Isaac in the first round was a tragedy. Both of them deserve to make it to the end, but shitty pairing ruins that.

The only terrible outcome so far was Pokemon Trainer Red beating Neptune.

Hopefully the new hype of 2B being announced for Soul Calibur VI carries her to the end, and for the first time in Gamefaq's history, a character who is actually good enough to deserve to win something like this actually wins, but I doubt it. Good characters never make it close the finals in these things.

Also lol @ Lloyd Irving being in and not Yuri. With the upcoming release of Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition, it would have made much more sense to put Yuri in there. Not to mention that Yuri is a hundred times the character Lloyd could ever hope to be. 0/10 invalid poll.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
The fact that Waluigi is losing when Gamefaqs is full of 10-year olds who thrive on internet means is a little surprising, but then you see that he's losing to Aerith, who is a much more iconic character than he is, so it's not that surprising.

Anyways, normally I don't pay attention to the character battles on Gamefaqs, because as I mentioned, 99.99% of the user base there are complete and utter retards that tend to vote for the meme of the month rather than actually good characters. Though I have been surprised by some of the results.

Vivi beating Yu Narukami was a nice surprise. I had figured that shitty protag from extremely overrated P4 would beat Vivi. Glad to see the opposite happen.

Seeing Velvet win her match was also a pleasant surprise. 2B also winning her first match is great.

Estelle being against Isaac in the first round was a tragedy. Both of them deserve to make it to the end, but shitty pairing ruins that.

The only terrible outcome so far was Pokemon Trainer Red beating Neptune.

Hopefully the new hype of 2B being announced for Soul Calibur VI carries her to the end, and for the first time in Gamefaq's history, a character who is actually good enough to deserve to win something like this actually wins, but I doubt it. Good characters never make it close the finals in these things.

Also lol @ Lloyd Irving being in and not Yuri. With the upcoming release of Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition, it would have made much more sense to put Yuri in there. Not to mention that Yuri is a hundred times the character Lloyd could ever hope to be. 0/10 invalid poll.
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
Sometimes I vote for a meme character (like for example I voted for L-Block, but then again I spent on various Tetrises years if not ages), but not every poll has a meme character, and not always a meme character winning the poll is a bad thing. Personally I would want a meme character win the poll than for example Link or Mario again. Finally, everybody has different tastes, and some like serious and well built characters, and other want less serious.

I didn't vote when Vivi was in a poll, but I would vote for him anyway even though I'm quite into SMT franchise Wink.

Today I voted for Aloy, Jill, Shovel Knight and Aerith.
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
Sometimes I vote for a meme character (like for example I voted for L-Block, but then again I spent on various Tetrises years if not ages), but not every poll has a meme character, and not always a meme character winning the poll is a bad thing. Personally I would want a meme character win the poll than for example Link or Mario again. Finally, everybody has different tastes, and some like serious and well built characters, and other want less serious.

I didn't vote when Vivi was in a poll, but I would vote for him anyway even though I'm quite into SMT franchise Wink.

Today I voted for Aloy, Jill, Shovel Knight and Aerith.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah yes, one of these popularity contests with gaming characters. I think the last one I paid little attention to was one that had Mario and I believe Gordon Freeman in the final, and Freeman won. Which utterly surprised me but then again, like some the characters included in this poll I wouldn't pick myself, it's good to have some different ones in instead of having yet another poll that was exactly the same last year's. Still, you can most likely guess who's going win a division anyway, or who'll get to the Quarter/Semi Finals, who are likely to be the ones who've reached those places in previous polls. Can't remember if there was a Loser Bracket before. Which just feels pointless to do here. Don't know how many were in there before, but a bit too many Mario characters involved here. Yeah, Waluigi probably got in from being a meme, but in a way I am glad he's out already. Freeman also probably lost because he was immediately put up against Bowser which may have been close before...y'know, but ended up a downright free win from that? Eh.

Voted Rosalina, Ryu, Pac-Man, Bayonetta.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah yes, one of these popularity contests with gaming characters. I think the last one I paid little attention to was one that had Mario and I believe Gordon Freeman in the final, and Freeman won. Which utterly surprised me but then again, like some the characters included in this poll I wouldn't pick myself, it's good to have some different ones in instead of having yet another poll that was exactly the same last year's. Still, you can most likely guess who's going win a division anyway, or who'll get to the Quarter/Semi Finals, who are likely to be the ones who've reached those places in previous polls. Can't remember if there was a Loser Bracket before. Which just feels pointless to do here. Don't know how many were in there before, but a bit too many Mario characters involved here. Yeah, Waluigi probably got in from being a meme, but in a way I am glad he's out already. Freeman also probably lost because he was immediately put up against Bowser which may have been close before...y'know, but ended up a downright free win from that? Eh.

Voted Rosalina, Ryu, Pac-Man, Bayonetta.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Character Deaths Moonface 2 146 Feb 18th, 2024, 12:17 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  The Main Character of the Last Game You Played is Coming to Kill You... Moonface 13 8,111 Jun 30th, 2020, 05:07 PM
  Character Battle - Kratos vs. Doom Slayer (Fight #2) Moonface 6 5,357 Apr 11th, 2019, 11:59 PM