I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I really hate how after A Thousand Year Door they stopped making Mario creatures more fun and interesting with addition design features. I actually forgot about baby yoshi having a hairstyle. XD
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I really hate how after A Thousand Year Door they stopped making Mario creatures more fun and interesting with addition design features. I actually forgot about baby yoshi having a hairstyle. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
You can blame Miyamoto for that decision. Super sucks, and a shame, really, considering all the creative decisions he's made in the past were exceptionally smart.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
You can blame Miyamoto for that decision. Super sucks, and a shame, really, considering all the creative decisions he's made in the past were exceptionally smart.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,538
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
What assignments (if any) did you have during your graphic design degree that you really disliked and why?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,538 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
What assignments (if any) did you have during your graphic design degree that you really disliked and why?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
One that sticks out to me is my final exam/project for Basic Graphic Design. We had to make 100 logos of the same concept, which IIRC was "light"? It was such a mentally taxing project and I felt like 80% of the ideas I had were hot dogshit but apparently that was the point of the assignment? I dunno. It was really stupid and I did not like the process or the end result, and it was super unrealistic to expect one person to do for someone/something. Errm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
One that sticks out to me is my final exam/project for Basic Graphic Design. We had to make 100 logos of the same concept, which IIRC was "light"? It was such a mentally taxing project and I felt like 80% of the ideas I had were hot dogshit but apparently that was the point of the assignment? I dunno. It was really stupid and I did not like the process or the end result, and it was super unrealistic to expect one person to do for someone/something. Errm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 13th, 2022, 06:09 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Jeez, that just sounds like everything my Uni did for assignments. "Here's this project, but you can't just work on the first idea you come up with that you like and works to complete the objective, you have to experiment, and if you don't experiment enough then you get a bad grade." All that ever did was force everyone to just try random shit that they would never actually take further because they already had an idea in mind. And I don't mean experiment like "Oh try out this font or maybe placing this here", I mean stupid stuff like "Well what if you just scrapped all of this and tried something else (in a completely different medium too) just because?". Errm

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 13th, 2022, 06:09 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Jeez, that just sounds like everything my Uni did for assignments. "Here's this project, but you can't just work on the first idea you come up with that you like and works to complete the objective, you have to experiment, and if you don't experiment enough then you get a bad grade." All that ever did was force everyone to just try random shit that they would never actually take further because they already had an idea in mind. And I don't mean experiment like "Oh try out this font or maybe placing this here", I mean stupid stuff like "Well what if you just scrapped all of this and tried something else (in a completely different medium too) just because?". Errm
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That sounds frustrating both the 100 GFX and the whole okay now that you done it throw it away and start all over because you need to keep experimenting!

What has been your favorite work that you've done Nikki? Gasp
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That sounds frustrating both the 100 GFX and the whole okay now that you done it throw it away and start all over because you need to keep experimenting!

What has been your favorite work that you've done Nikki? Gasp
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Not sure what the exact favorite is, but some of the banners I posted on my portfolio site are pretty solid. Lonesome Road Blues and I Get Evil are some old favs.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Not sure what the exact favorite is, but some of the banners I posted on my portfolio site are pretty solid. Lonesome Road Blues and I Get Evil are some old favs.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh those all look really great and well done Nikki! Though I am now curious if you could create an "I got Evil" image of an old windows 98 alert that saying You got evil! Which you know I always want to know when I am sent evil myself. Gasp
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh those all look really great and well done Nikki! Though I am now curious if you could create an "I got Evil" image of an old windows 98 alert that saying You got evil! Which you know I always want to know when I am sent evil myself. Gasp
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Is there anyone from here or any other forum/online community you've been a part of that you miss or wish you had kept contact with after wherever you interacted with them stopped existing or one of you stopped visiting it?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Is there anyone from here or any other forum/online community you've been a part of that you miss or wish you had kept contact with after wherever you interacted with them stopped existing or one of you stopped visiting it?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Jan 28th, 2022, 02:56 AM)Karo Wrote:

XD Considering it's for the blues song by Albert King, I dunno. We'll see. That was during an era of "make these banners interesting by trying to recreate famous movie posters". Fun project!

As for Moony's question, there's a few people I miss, mostly from here. Folk like Ghostsrevolt, Frank. I remember a pal on my first forum that I recall making a Facebook account for and they were my first friend on there. LOL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Jan 28th, 2022, 02:56 AM)Karo Wrote:

XD Considering it's for the blues song by Albert King, I dunno. We'll see. That was during an era of "make these banners interesting by trying to recreate famous movie posters". Fun project!

As for Moony's question, there's a few people I miss, mostly from here. Folk like Ghostsrevolt, Frank. I remember a pal on my first forum that I recall making a Facebook account for and they were my first friend on there. LOL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Do you not have Frank on any social media or Steam to reach out to him?

Also this is random but what's your favourite power from Ape Escape 3?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Do you not have Frank on any social media or Steam to reach out to him?

Also this is random but what's your favourite power from Ape Escape 3?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I suppose I do. We catch everyone once in a while, but ya know. I miss the times more than anything. Hard to recreate in a new era/mindset

Ooh, uh. Hmm. The morph abilities were really neat. The genie one was fun cuz I liked making the monkeys dance. Cyber Ace was also sick, just cuz it looked cool
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I suppose I do. We catch everyone once in a while, but ya know. I miss the times more than anything. Hard to recreate in a new era/mindset

Ooh, uh. Hmm. The morph abilities were really neat. The genie one was fun cuz I liked making the monkeys dance. Cyber Ace was also sick, just cuz it looked cool
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 22nd, 2022, 12:57 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Ah, yeah, I feel ya. You know more than anyone how badly I can get hung up on things that have been and gone or the worry of when current things may go down that same route. Eh

My favourite morph was between the Miracle Ninja and the Wild West Kid. Both of them would just rinse shop due to their abilities and I loved that the Miracle Ninja could let you create shadow clones. Grin
Did you ever play any of the mini-games in the Ape Escape games you played?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 22nd, 2022, 12:57 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Ah, yeah, I feel ya. You know more than anyone how badly I can get hung up on things that have been and gone or the worry of when current things may go down that same route. Eh

My favourite morph was between the Miracle Ninja and the Wild West Kid. Both of them would just rinse shop due to their abilities and I loved that the Miracle Ninja could let you create shadow clones. Grin
Did you ever play any of the mini-games in the Ape Escape games you played?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I loved the Miracle Ninja! That was also really cool, that level it's featured in is also super fun.

I... -checks- yeah I only played Mesal Gear Solid, it seems. Which was really cute and fun XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I loved the Miracle Ninja! That was also really cool, that level it's featured in is also super fun.

I... -checks- yeah I only played Mesal Gear Solid, it seems. Which was really cute and fun XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 29th, 2022, 02:23 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I just realised you only played the first game with me at my parents house right? And we never finished the second so that leaves only the third where you'd have had a chance to play any mini-games. XD
Mesal Gear is easily the best one across all the games though. The sheer size of it alone is way more than I think you'd see in a game nowadays without it being some extra DLC you have to buy. Looking at them all, I'd say AE3 definitely has the best set although AE2 comes really close for me.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 29th, 2022, 02:23 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I just realised you only played the first game with me at my parents house right? And we never finished the second so that leaves only the third where you'd have had a chance to play any mini-games. XD
Mesal Gear is easily the best one across all the games though. The sheer size of it alone is way more than I think you'd see in a game nowadays without it being some extra DLC you have to buy. Looking at them all, I'd say AE3 definitely has the best set although AE2 comes really close for me.