Shira No What?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,645
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Have you ever seen any of these Yoshi's Island romhacks, or any others for that matter?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,645 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Have you ever seen any of these Yoshi's Island romhacks, or any others for that matter?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yes, I think maybe two or three of those I hadn't heard of before, but yes indeed I have, and I've even played a few of them!

I can't tell how old that article is (no date stamp) but I see it doesn't include the one from the end of last year, Things.smc2 (which was meant as a companion piece for Things.smc for SMW). You remind me I want to continue playing these, I forgot how fun they were. I never finished Golden Yoshi's Island (which the article points out was made for speedrunning in mind, all thanks to Trihex because he's the one that asked the hack to be made this way!) and that was a really cool one.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yes, I think maybe two or three of those I hadn't heard of before, but yes indeed I have, and I've even played a few of them!

I can't tell how old that article is (no date stamp) but I see it doesn't include the one from the end of last year, Things.smc2 (which was meant as a companion piece for Things.smc for SMW). You remind me I want to continue playing these, I forgot how fun they were. I never finished Golden Yoshi's Island (which the article points out was made for speedrunning in mind, all thanks to Trihex because he's the one that asked the hack to be made this way!) and that was a really cool one.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, I was going to ask if you completed any but your post makes it seem you didn't. Do you think you'd try to finish all of the ones in the link I posted along with any like Things.smc2 that weren't included?

Also, do you have any interest in checking out any other romhacks that aren't based on Yoshi's Island?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, I was going to ask if you completed any but your post makes it seem you didn't. Do you think you'd try to finish all of the ones in the link I posted along with any like Things.smc2 that weren't included?

Also, do you have any interest in checking out any other romhacks that aren't based on Yoshi's Island?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Did you know Lilo has a canon last name? I just saw it on a social media post and thought of you. XD

If you didn't know what she did or what it is, her last name is Pelekai.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Did you know Lilo has a canon last name? I just saw it on a social media post and thought of you. XD

If you didn't know what she did or what it is, her last name is Pelekai.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I.... no I did not know that but I actually thought it was something completely different? Maybe I'm misremembering. Either way, that is a neat fact. I was quite obsessed with Stitch around 10 years old so I was very into the lore at the time LOL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I.... no I did not know that but I actually thought it was something completely different? Maybe I'm misremembering. Either way, that is a neat fact. I was quite obsessed with Stitch around 10 years old so I was very into the lore at the time LOL
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Did you ever watch the animated series of Lilo & Stitch what was your opinion on it then? And if you went back and rewatched any of them opinion of current Nikki? Gasp
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Did you ever watch the animated series of Lilo & Stitch what was your opinion on it then? And if you went back and rewatched any of them opinion of current Nikki? Gasp
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I absolutely watched the animated series, like clockwork. I can still remember the lyrics to the opening, in fact. LOL

I adored the concept of the show (recovering all of Stitch's "cousins", which are Jumba's OTHER experiments, each with their own quirks). It's flavor of the week style, so you don't really have a continuity (though other experiments can show up in subsequent episodes!) but it made for an easy watch, which I'm sure was intentional.

I've not rewatched any of the series though since then. I think I saw an episode or two air within the last 5 years when I still had cable TV. Was practically as I remembered so it seems they've aged just fine. Shrug
The movie, however, aged BEAUTIFULLY. Has to be one of my favorite Disney animated films. Wow
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I absolutely watched the animated series, like clockwork. I can still remember the lyrics to the opening, in fact. LOL

I adored the concept of the show (recovering all of Stitch's "cousins", which are Jumba's OTHER experiments, each with their own quirks). It's flavor of the week style, so you don't really have a continuity (though other experiments can show up in subsequent episodes!) but it made for an easy watch, which I'm sure was intentional.

I've not rewatched any of the series though since then. I think I saw an episode or two air within the last 5 years when I still had cable TV. Was practically as I remembered so it seems they've aged just fine. Shrug
The movie, however, aged BEAUTIFULLY. Has to be one of my favorite Disney animated films. Wow
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
The movie really did age beautifully! Though I find myself less interested in the story of the alien, but more with LIlo and her sister. Gasp

Have you played Stray yet and if so what did you think about it? Is it a new favorite game or just potentially a GOTY or is it not quite that? :O
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
The movie really did age beautifully! Though I find myself less interested in the story of the alien, but more with LIlo and her sister. Gasp

Have you played Stray yet and if so what did you think about it? Is it a new favorite game or just potentially a GOTY or is it not quite that? :O
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Have you heard of this before, and do you think you'll play it when it releases?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Have you heard of this before, and do you think you'll play it when it releases?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh shit it's an SM64 hack??? Yo that actually looks pretty fucking sick, ngl, I think I'd definitely play the shit out of that haha

@Karo : I have yet to play Stray, however I have watched a couple people play through it. I didn't pay super attention to everything so I could experience for myself but it looks like an awesome game I'm definitely interested in acquiring Grin
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh shit it's an SM64 hack??? Yo that actually looks pretty fucking sick, ngl, I think I'd definitely play the shit out of that haha

@Karo : I have yet to play Stray, however I have watched a couple people play through it. I didn't pay super attention to everything so I could experience for myself but it looks like an awesome game I'm definitely interested in acquiring Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 7th, 2022, 07:15 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Are there any other N64 hacks you know of that you would want to play some day?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 7th, 2022, 07:15 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Are there any other N64 hacks you know of that you would want to play some day?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Super Mario 64 Land is one I've seen and have been interested in for definite, and I know the guy's also remade Super Mario Odyssey into SM64 that I also absolutely wanna give a go. Kaze is such a sick hacker for SM64. Brilliant ideas and executes them so well.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Super Mario 64 Land is one I've seen and have been interested in for definite, and I know the guy's also remade Super Mario Odyssey into SM64 that I also absolutely wanna give a go. Kaze is such a sick hacker for SM64. Brilliant ideas and executes them so well.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm surprised I've never seen or heard anything about Mario 64 Odyssey before now, but it's impressive seeing it! I feel like some parts of the trailer are areas that aren't in the actual game, but maybe I'm just not remembering them or having trouble due to the vastly different style.

What else has Kaze done that's notable?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm surprised I've never seen or heard anything about Mario 64 Odyssey before now, but it's impressive seeing it! I feel like some parts of the trailer are areas that aren't in the actual game, but maybe I'm just not remembering them or having trouble due to the vastly different style.

What else has Kaze done that's notable?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
One thing he's done recently that I mentioned in the Game Pictures/Videos Thread is he completely reworked SM64's code so it would operate at 60fps just so he could get his hack to operate in a specific way.

I was trying to find the VOD/YouTube video of Barb playing 64 Land but I don't think he's uploaded that to YouTube...
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
One thing he's done recently that I mentioned in the Game Pictures/Videos Thread is he completely reworked SM64's code so it would operate at 60fps just so he could get his hack to operate in a specific way.

I was trying to find the VOD/YouTube video of Barb playing 64 Land but I don't think he's uploaded that to YouTube...
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh that's the same guy? I didn't realize but it makes sense considering he did this, and I wouldn't be surprised to hear he fixed SM64 so he could make Odyssey 64. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh that's the same guy? I didn't realize but it makes sense considering he did this, and I wouldn't be surprised to hear he fixed SM64 so he could make Odyssey 64. Tongue