If You Could Have A Documentary About Any Game...
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
...what would it be? It doesn't matter about things like budget, company secrecy, or anything. You have the chance to have a documentary made about any game with complete access to anything and everything needed for said documentary.

I'd love a documentary covering any game that looks like it had some form of development hell going on with it, such as Aliens: Colonial Marines. I'd love to see behind the scenes on how exactly that was being handled and what the reactions were about what state the game was actually in compared to what was being shown to the public.

MGSV would be another fun one to get solely to see the drama going on with Kojima and Konami. To have something showing the actual events first hand would be very interesting and I could see so many people being into it given the interest that was stirred up just from the Kojima and Konami news and rumours.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
...what would it be? It doesn't matter about things like budget, company secrecy, or anything. You have the chance to have a documentary made about any game with complete access to anything and everything needed for said documentary.

I'd love a documentary covering any game that looks like it had some form of development hell going on with it, such as Aliens: Colonial Marines. I'd love to see behind the scenes on how exactly that was being handled and what the reactions were about what state the game was actually in compared to what was being shown to the public.

MGSV would be another fun one to get solely to see the drama going on with Kojima and Konami. To have something showing the actual events first hand would be very interesting and I could see so many people being into it given the interest that was stirred up just from the Kojima and Konami news and rumours.
fantanoice Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,267
Pac-Man Crash Bandicoot 
Maybe Fortnite and I'm 110% sure one is coming if there isn't one already. Would be really neat to see what made them pivot to the Battle Royale genre and how they handle being the biggest game in the world. There's so much to talk about with it.
And on that day, mankind received a grim reminder...
[Image: tumblr_mz2zenFSln1sl5pypo1_400.gif]
Fanta on Twitch | Fanta on Mixer
fantanoice Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,267 Pac-Man Crash Bandicoot 
Maybe Fortnite and I'm 110% sure one is coming if there isn't one already. Would be really neat to see what made them pivot to the Battle Royale genre and how they handle being the biggest game in the world. There's so much to talk about with it.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 8th, 2018, 12:56 PM)fantanoice Wrote:
Yeah, I think the most interesting part of this would be the reaction and response to Fortnite suddenly becoming such a huge sensation. I expect it took a lot to adapt to that and get everything in place to maintain that position.

Another one I think could be interesting, although not about a game, would be development of the PS4, just to find out if they really had any ideas for it that were similar to the Xbox One or if what they showed off was the idea all along and Microsoft just happened to unintentionally give them a free pass to pleasing the masses the night they officially revealed the system.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 8th, 2018, 12:56 PM)fantanoice Wrote:
Yeah, I think the most interesting part of this would be the reaction and response to Fortnite suddenly becoming such a huge sensation. I expect it took a lot to adapt to that and get everything in place to maintain that position.

Another one I think could be interesting, although not about a game, would be development of the PS4, just to find out if they really had any ideas for it that were similar to the Xbox One or if what they showed off was the idea all along and Microsoft just happened to unintentionally give them a free pass to pleasing the masses the night they officially revealed the system.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Nov 10th, 2018, 12:59 AM)Moonface Wrote:

And another documentary about them moving their gaming headquarters to California, and then becoming censorship happy and opening the door for both Nintendo and Microsoft to beat them down. Whistle
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Nov 10th, 2018, 12:59 AM)Moonface Wrote:

And another documentary about them moving their gaming headquarters to California, and then becoming censorship happy and opening the door for both Nintendo and Microsoft to beat them down. Whistle
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Probably documentaries, or one, for the Super Smash Bros series. Seeing how they came about choosing every detail, be it Sakurai's team or Nintendo themselves. From characters, stages, music, trophies, modes, the works. Also any bad choices they though the made as well. What they really think of Melee and how it's still living as one of the oldest games played competitively.

Another I'd be interested to see is Tekken, rather from Tekken 3 when Katsuhiro Harada took up the mantle of Director, and how he and the team handle(d) things.

Not sure what else I'd watch.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Probably documentaries, or one, for the Super Smash Bros series. Seeing how they came about choosing every detail, be it Sakurai's team or Nintendo themselves. From characters, stages, music, trophies, modes, the works. Also any bad choices they though the made as well. What they really think of Melee and how it's still living as one of the oldest games played competitively.

Another I'd be interested to see is Tekken, rather from Tekken 3 when Katsuhiro Harada took up the mantle of Director, and how he and the team handle(d) things.

Not sure what else I'd watch.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
My first thought was to suggest the Civilization series. After all, you've got over a quarter of a century of gaming history to cover there - and the games themselves have changed radically in that time, both aesthetically and mechanically. However, I soon realised that that documentary would be boring - even to someone like me Sad .

What I really need is a game with some kind of compelling story to tell, that's external to the game itself. How about one on the Pokémon series, and all the controversies it's attracted over the years? There have been several - from the legitimately concerning to the downright silly Tongue .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
My first thought was to suggest the Civilization series. After all, you've got over a quarter of a century of gaming history to cover there - and the games themselves have changed radically in that time, both aesthetically and mechanically. However, I soon realised that that documentary would be boring - even to someone like me Sad .

What I really need is a game with some kind of compelling story to tell, that's external to the game itself. How about one on the Pokémon series, and all the controversies it's attracted over the years? There have been several - from the legitimately concerning to the downright silly Tongue .
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
I’d like a documentary about Sonic X-treme, the failed Saturn project that was supposed to be Sonic’s debut into 3D. We already know a ton about it but wrapping up all the details into a documentary would be cool. Biggest thing was Sega Japan and Sega America we’re fighting each other.

It looked really cool and was even announced and promoted by magazines and at game shows. Some even say it could have saved the Saturn. I don’t think so but it could have helped it last a bit longer.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
I’d like a documentary about Sonic X-treme, the failed Saturn project that was supposed to be Sonic’s debut into 3D. We already know a ton about it but wrapping up all the details into a documentary would be cool. Biggest thing was Sega Japan and Sega America we’re fighting each other.

It looked really cool and was even announced and promoted by magazines and at game shows. Some even say it could have saved the Saturn. I don’t think so but it could have helped it last a bit longer.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 19th, 2019, 05:16 AM)Metallix Wrote:
Biggest thing was Sega Japan and Sega America we’re fighting each other.
I never knew two branches of Sega were fighting each other. I assume it was a case of one side wanting the Sonic game you mentioned and the other being opposed to it?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I never knew two branches of Sega were fighting each other. I assume it was a case of one side wanting the Sonic game you mentioned and the other being opposed to it?
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
(Jan 20th, 2019, 12:22 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Basically Sega of America we’re working on the game and they decided to use the Nights engine but Yugi Naka the co-creator of Sonic and of Nights didn’t like that the American Team was using his engine so he fought to prevent them using it. Lots more than that but just the gist of it.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
(Jan 20th, 2019, 12:22 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Basically Sega of America we’re working on the game and they decided to use the Nights engine but Yugi Naka the co-creator of Sonic and of Nights didn’t like that the American Team was using his engine so he fought to prevent them using it. Lots more than that but just the gist of it.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
To be fair even though it's still Sega I imagine they should've gotten clearance to use an engine someone else in the company created. It'd be like first party Sony studios thinking they can just work with an engine another first party made just because it all belongs to Sony.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
To be fair even though it's still Sega I imagine they should've gotten clearance to use an engine someone else in the company created. It'd be like first party Sony studios thinking they can just work with an engine another first party made just because it all belongs to Sony.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
May I interest a few of you to follow Noclip, a crowdfunded business made by former Irish GameSpot journalist Danny O'Dwyer, who travels the globe to make documentaries on games/studios/projects, including Half Life, Horizon: Zero Dawn, GOG.com, and more.

That said, after the madness that went on between Kojima and Konami, I'd certainly like a docu-series on how that all went down, but that will almost never happen because of how secretive Konami are.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
May I interest a few of you to follow Noclip, a crowdfunded business made by former Irish GameSpot journalist Danny O'Dwyer, who travels the globe to make documentaries on games/studios/projects, including Half Life, Horizon: Zero Dawn, GOG.com, and more.

That said, after the madness that went on between Kojima and Konami, I'd certainly like a docu-series on how that all went down, but that will almost never happen because of how secretive Konami are.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Given the recent announcement of it, a documentary about Metroid Prime 4 would be fun just to see what state it was in before being restarted and how it possibly turned out as badly as it presumably did.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Given the recent announcement of it, a documentary about Metroid Prime 4 would be fun just to see what state it was in before being restarted and how it possibly turned out as badly as it presumably did.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 729 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,846 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface