Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
XP: 2,342
WipEout Minecraft Resident Evil 
I was really undecided about this when I first heard about it... but gotta say I'm a little intrigued after the trailer XD My husband wants to watch it too.
[Image: ldgamalthea.png]
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
XP: 2,342 WipEout Minecraft Resident Evil 
I was really undecided about this when I first heard about it... but gotta say I'm a little intrigued after the trailer XD My husband wants to watch it too.
macGamr Offline
Irony represent.
Currently Playing
The game of life
XP: 184
That "Pikachu" is nothing but nightmare fuel. That's all I can say.

(and besides, it will flop like any other video game-based movie. Producers need to stop doing this)
[Image: E12av.png]
Gamers welcome also, yeah.
macGamr Offline
Irony represent.
Currently Playing
The game of life
XP: 184
That "Pikachu" is nothing but nightmare fuel. That's all I can say.

(and besides, it will flop like any other video game-based movie. Producers need to stop doing this)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'd say ratings wise it may flop, but not in the box office. The brand alone will draw people in, and the Resident Evil movies lasted long despite not being good just because they continued to make money.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'd say ratings wise it may flop, but not in the box office. The brand alone will draw people in, and the Resident Evil movies lasted long despite not being good just because they continued to make money.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't realise another trailer came out for this a few days ago:

It doesn't really give much new about the movie itself, but we do get to see Bulbasaur, Lickitung, and maybe some other Pokemon for the first time.

I want to say Bulbasaur looks good, but the problem I'm having with this movie is that every Pokemon looks too CG. They don't look like they belong. It's like if Space Jam or Who Framed Roger Rabbit made everyone with CG and tried to make them look real but hit some strange uncanny valley along the way.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I didn't realise another trailer came out for this a few days ago:

It doesn't really give much new about the movie itself, but we do get to see Bulbasaur, Lickitung, and maybe some other Pokemon for the first time.

I want to say Bulbasaur looks good, but the problem I'm having with this movie is that every Pokemon looks too CG. They don't look like they belong. It's like if Space Jam or Who Framed Roger Rabbit made everyone with CG and tried to make them look real but hit some strange uncanny valley along the way.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Gotta say I like the look of Charizard there. Lickitung is er...a bit freaky. Then again always knew that would be the case if it was ever in a real life setting. Kinda goes without saying about all of them really. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Gotta say I like the look of Charizard there. Lickitung is er...a bit freaky. Then again always knew that would be the case if it was ever in a real life setting. Kinda goes without saying about all of them really. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Watched this the other night, and it is so nice to say that this is a video-game movie done right. The story isn't amazing but it isn't so bad you can't stomach it; it's just there to push things along in the same way that older video-games used a basic plot to make things happen. Pikachu is an absolute highlight and is done so well. I can't even think of where to start for the lines he says in terms of my favourite because he has so many good ones! The CG is a little unconvincing in the beginning, but I think that was down to the setting because once the movie moves to the city everything fits together better.

Also, the credit sequence is so good. It does such a great homage to the card games, the manga, and the video-games.

Seeing the Sonic trailer play before it though just made that movie look so much worse than it already looked. I get it was probably already in place but Sega did not do themselves any favours by doing that. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Watched this the other night, and it is so nice to say that this is a video-game movie done right. The story isn't amazing but it isn't so bad you can't stomach it; it's just there to push things along in the same way that older video-games used a basic plot to make things happen. Pikachu is an absolute highlight and is done so well. I can't even think of where to start for the lines he says in terms of my favourite because he has so many good ones! The CG is a little unconvincing in the beginning, but I think that was down to the setting because once the movie moves to the city everything fits together better.

Also, the credit sequence is so good. It does such a great homage to the card games, the manga, and the video-games.

Seeing the Sonic trailer play before it though just made that movie look so much worse than it already looked. I get it was probably already in place but Sega did not do themselves any favours by doing that. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It was so goooood thank god the video-game movie curse has been lifted!... only to now be brought down with our upcoming trashfire Sonic the Hedgehog ROFL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It was so goooood thank god the video-game movie curse has been lifted!... only to now be brought down with our upcoming trashfire Sonic the Hedgehog ROFL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
To be fair, even if Sonic wasn't the next video-game based movie to come out, I doubt it would be good regardless of the IP used. I think the only reason this movie turned out good was because Nintendo and The Pokemon Company were involved and wouldn't have remotely considered allowing anything to come out that wasn't good, unlike Sega.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
To be fair, even if Sonic wasn't the next video-game based movie to come out, I doubt it would be good regardless of the IP used. I think the only reason this movie turned out good was because Nintendo and The Pokemon Company were involved and wouldn't have remotely considered allowing anything to come out that wasn't good, unlike Sega.