Mario Kart (Series) | MK8D Wave 6 Courses
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Aug 20th, 2022, 06:33 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Wow, 5 games in the first 9, possibly 1 in the next 9, damn games are so lasting way longer now.
Likely because MK8D is really the first Mario Kart to have a long-lasting and populous online community, so people are going to keep coming back to it a lot more often than the older entries. We should probably also consider that pre-Switch, Nintendo were developing games for a home console and a handheld so releases felt more frequent, but just looking at Mario Kart releases it was really a 6 year gap between each entry when you split them into handheld entries and home console entries. MK8 coming out in 2014 would have put a new entry at 2020 or so, but since it was given a second life on Switch in 2017 then a 6 year gap would mean it'll be 2023+ for an actual new game. I don't know if Nintendo would really announce MK9 right on the end of the MK8D DLC's though. Unsure
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Aug 20th, 2022, 06:33 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Wow, 5 games in the first 9, possibly 1 in the next 9, damn games are so lasting way longer now.
Likely because MK8D is really the first Mario Kart to have a long-lasting and populous online community, so people are going to keep coming back to it a lot more often than the older entries. We should probably also consider that pre-Switch, Nintendo were developing games for a home console and a handheld so releases felt more frequent, but just looking at Mario Kart releases it was really a 6 year gap between each entry when you split them into handheld entries and home console entries. MK8 coming out in 2014 would have put a new entry at 2020 or so, but since it was given a second life on Switch in 2017 then a 6 year gap would mean it'll be 2023+ for an actual new game. I don't know if Nintendo would really announce MK9 right on the end of the MK8D DLC's though. Unsure
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345
Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
I've really been enjoying the MK8 DLC. The new courses are fun, the revisited classics don't look as good as the main game, but considering they were ported from Mario Kart Tour, I understand.

If anyone is up for a MK8 Deluxe night, let me know Grin
[Image: wrdxyKE.png]

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345 Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
I've really been enjoying the MK8 DLC. The new courses are fun, the revisited classics don't look as good as the main game, but considering they were ported from Mario Kart Tour, I understand.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 28th, 2022, 09:35 PM)Frank Wrote:

I'd be down for it! I know @Mr EliteL owns MK8D too, so he'd be able to join in too. I can't recall who else here owns the game or not. Doh

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 28th, 2022, 09:35 PM)Frank Wrote:

I'd be down for it! I know @Mr EliteL owns MK8D too, so he'd be able to join in too. I can't recall who else here owns the game or not. Doh
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yup I do and I'll gladly purchase online sub to play with you guys on MK8D.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yup I do and I'll gladly purchase online sub to play with you guys on MK8D.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I feel like weekends would be the best time to do this considering I think each of us have a different time zone, and doing it on weekdays automatically removes EL or Shira since the former will be in bed or the latter will be at work still.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I feel like weekends would be the best time to do this considering I think each of us have a different time zone, and doing it on weekdays automatically removes EL or Shira since the former will be in bed or the latter will be at work still.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm down for whatever! Mario Kart nights needs to be a thing for sure. Grin
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'm down for whatever! Mario Kart nights needs to be a thing for sure. Grin
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
First Look at Booster Course Wave 3
Get your first look at Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's Booster Course Wave 3 in this new trailer, which shows off two of the packs tracks: Merry Mountain (Tour) and Peach Gardens (DS).

Booster Course Wave 3 is scheduled to be released this Holiday.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
First Look at Booster Course Wave 3
Get your first look at Mario Kart 8 Deluxe's Booster Course Wave 3 in this new trailer, which shows off two of the packs tracks: Merry Mountain (Tour) and Peach Gardens (DS).

Booster Course Wave 3 is scheduled to be released this Holiday.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
MK8D Booster Course Pass - Wave 3 Tracks Revealed
Following the teaser from a couple of months ago, Nintendo have released a trailer revealing the full line-up of tracks coming in Wave 3 of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass.

The eight tracks in this wave are:
  1. Maple Treeway (Wii)
  2. Rainbow Road (3DS)
  3. Boo Lake (GBA)
  4. Berlin Byways (Tour)
  5. Rock Rock Mountain (3DS)
  6. Peach Gardens (DS)
  7. London Loop (Tour)
  8. Merry Mountain (Tour)
Wave 3 of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass will release on December 7!

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
MK8D Booster Course Pass - Wave 3 Tracks Revealed
Following the teaser from a couple of months ago, Nintendo have released a trailer revealing the full line-up of tracks coming in Wave 3 of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass.

The eight tracks in this wave are:
  1. Maple Treeway (Wii)
  2. Rainbow Road (3DS)
  3. Boo Lake (GBA)
  4. Berlin Byways (Tour)
  5. Rock Rock Mountain (3DS)
  6. Peach Gardens (DS)
  7. London Loop (Tour)
  8. Merry Mountain (Tour)
Wave 3 of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass will release on December 7!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
MK8D Booster Course Pass - Wave 4 Teaser
Today's Nintendo Direct gave us our first glimpse at what to expect from Wave 4 of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass:

This wave will include a completely brand new course exclusive to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe called and based around Yoshi's Island. Other tracks that will be included in the wave were not shown or mentioned.
It will also add Birdo as a new playable character, the first new character to be in the Booster Course Pass so far. Birdo will come in various colours, similar to the Yoshi and Shy Guy characters.

So I thought this Yoshi's Island course was the first all-new original course for the Booster Course Pass, but it turns out Wave 2's Sky-High Sundae was also an original course; however, Sky-High Sundae was announced simultaneously for both Mario Kart Tour and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, whilst Yoshi's Island is for now only in Deluxe.

I bet @ShiraNoMai is super excited for this wave just from that one course alone. ROFL

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
MK8D Booster Course Pass - Wave 4 Teaser
Today's Nintendo Direct gave us our first glimpse at what to expect from Wave 4 of the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Booster Course Pass:

This wave will include a completely brand new course exclusive to Mario Kart 8 Deluxe called and based around Yoshi's Island. Other tracks that will be included in the wave were not shown or mentioned.
It will also add Birdo as a new playable character, the first new character to be in the Booster Course Pass so far. Birdo will come in various colours, similar to the Yoshi and Shy Guy characters.

So I thought this Yoshi's Island course was the first all-new original course for the Booster Course Pass, but it turns out Wave 2's Sky-High Sundae was also an original course; however, Sky-High Sundae was announced simultaneously for both Mario Kart Tour and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, whilst Yoshi's Island is for now only in Deluxe.

I bet @ShiraNoMai is super excited for this wave just from that one course alone. ROFL
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah, I wasn't sure if the Yoshi's Island track was new or not, thought I forgot something or it was in Tour, cool there's another original track. Grin
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah, I wasn't sure if the Yoshi's Island track was new or not, thought I forgot something or it was in Tour, cool there's another original track. Grin
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 9th, 2023, 03:12 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Yeah, I checked the track list in Tour to see if it was ported from there and it isn't, and it was also how I found out Sky-High Sundae was also a brand new track albeit not exclusive to MK8D. I wonder if that means we'll get another brand new track on Wave 6, since so far we've got a new track on Wave 2 and Wave 4. I can't even begin to think of what another new track could be themed around or what theme(s) I'd hope to even see... Confused

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 9th, 2023, 03:12 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Yeah, I checked the track list in Tour to see if it was ported from there and it isn't, and it was also how I found out Sky-High Sundae was also a brand new track albeit not exclusive to MK8D. I wonder if that means we'll get another brand new track on Wave 6, since so far we've got a new track on Wave 2 and Wave 4. I can't even begin to think of what another new track could be themed around or what theme(s) I'd hope to even see... Confused
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe | Booster Course Pass Wave 4 Tracks
A new trailer for the fourth wave in the Booster Course Pass for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has revealed the eight tracks that will be included, as well as the waves release date:

• Singapore Speedway (Tour)
  • Bangkok Rush (Tour)
  • DK Summit (Wii)
  • Amsterdam Drift (Tour)
  • Riverside Park (Super Circuit)
  • Mario Circuit (DS)
  • Waluigi Stadium (Double Dash)
  • Yoshi's Island
As already revealed in the teaser trailer, Birdo will be added as a playable character. Their weight class will be Medium.

Wave 4 of the Booster Course Pass for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will be released on March 9th.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe | Booster Course Pass Wave 4 Tracks
A new trailer for the fourth wave in the Booster Course Pass for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has revealed the eight tracks that will be included, as well as the waves release date:

• Singapore Speedway (Tour)
  • Bangkok Rush (Tour)
  • DK Summit (Wii)
  • Amsterdam Drift (Tour)
  • Riverside Park (Super Circuit)
  • Mario Circuit (DS)
  • Waluigi Stadium (Double Dash)
  • Yoshi's Island
As already revealed in the teaser trailer, Birdo will be added as a playable character. Their weight class will be Medium.

Wave 4 of the Booster Course Pass for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will be released on March 9th.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I find it odd the chose a Thursday to release this on, especially the day BEFORE Mar10 day? Hmm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I find it odd the chose a Thursday to release this on, especially the day BEFORE Mar10 day? Hmm
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 6th, 2023, 05:46 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Maybe it depends on time region? Since Japan is ahead of the US, maybe this DLC is releasing on March 10th in Japan but to have the release be consistent worldwide it ends up being the day before in somewhere like the US? Unsure

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 6th, 2023, 05:46 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Maybe it depends on time region? Since Japan is ahead of the US, maybe this DLC is releasing on March 10th in Japan but to have the release be consistent worldwide it ends up being the day before in somewhere like the US? Unsure
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345
Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
Since Wave 4 shadow dropped Birdo and 5 additional slots, I made a Mario Kart 8 Predictions video!

Who do you guys think will make the cut?
[Image: wrdxyKE.png]

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345 Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
Since Wave 4 shadow dropped Birdo and 5 additional slots, I made a Mario Kart 8 Predictions video!

Who do you guys think will make the cut?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 113 11,903 Mar 26th, 2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 25,968 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 22 8,449 Mar 12th, 2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 19 1,268 Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  NieR (Series) | NieR 3 Teased? Moonface 43 12,832 Mar 2nd, 2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Moonface