Yuri Offline
I'm not an alcoholic I swear on meh life
Currently Playing
Final Fantasy XIV and random switch games
Favourite Platform(s)
Switch & PC
XP: 646
Animal Crossing Bioshock Splatoon 
Oh, does anyone remember Battleborn? I remember Cricket started streaming just to show me that game, and that game was destroyed by Overwatch. Poor Battleborn. It actually looked pretty good...
[Image: EXUVL0W.gif]
Yuri Offline
I'm not an alcoholic I swear on meh life
Currently Playing
Final Fantasy XIV and random switch games
Favourite Platform(s)
Switch & PC
XP: 646
Oh, does anyone remember Battleborn? I remember Cricket started streaming just to show me that game, and that game was destroyed by Overwatch. Poor Battleborn. It actually looked pretty good...
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time cricket, full-time gamer
Currently Playing
Left 4 Dead 2
Favourite Platform(s)
Magnavox Odyssey
XP: 824
Dark Souls Final Fantasy Super Smash Bros. 
At this point, I don't think anyone remembers Battleborn Yuri. T.=.T
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time cricket, full-time gamer
Currently Playing
Left 4 Dead 2
Favourite Platform(s)
Magnavox Odyssey
XP: 824
At this point, I don't think anyone remembers Battleborn Yuri. T.=.T
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Octopath Traveler | SSBU | MK8 Deluxe
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
XP: 424
Uncharted Rayman Tekken 
I do remember Battleborn, but never took interest in the game myself, although did read your (Maniak's) blog post about it, and watched you play it. Don't remember much about the game except it was seen similar to Overwatch, thus becoming quite obsolete pretty much because of that unfortunately.

There's probably a game or two I should know (don't think I own them), but have forgotten about because of how bad they did. XD Knew of Star Wars and No Man's Sky.
[Image: Hazamasig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Octopath Traveler | SSBU | MK8 Deluxe
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
XP: 424
I do remember Battleborn, but never took interest in the game myself, although did read your (Maniak's) blog post about it, and watched you play it. Don't remember much about the game except it was seen similar to Overwatch, thus becoming quite obsolete pretty much because of that unfortunately.

There's probably a game or two I should know (don't think I own them), but have forgotten about because of how bad they did. XD Knew of Star Wars and No Man's Sky.
Moonface Offline
Am I a cute pussy? OuO
Administrators
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
XP: 804
LittleBigPlanet Ratchet & Clank Crash Bandicoot 
(12-09-2018, 09:11 AM)Yuri Wrote:
I'd call that more a victim of circumstance rather than the game itself having a poor launch. Similar to MotorStorm Apocalypse having its launch affected by the earthquake in Japan right as it was about to launch, forcing it to be delayed and then releasing quietly due to the advertising budget already being used for the original launch.
[Image: CTR-Sig.png]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Am I a cute pussy? OuO
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
(12-09-2018, 09:11 AM)Yuri Wrote:
I'd call that more a victim of circumstance rather than the game itself having a poor launch. Similar to MotorStorm Apocalypse having its launch affected by the earthquake in Japan right as it was about to launch, forcing it to be delayed and then releasing quietly due to the advertising budget already being used for the original launch.
Dragon Lord Offline
Lv.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Resonance of Fate | Rabi-Ribi | Octopath Traveler | Azur Lane | Star Ocean: Anamnesis
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, Vita
XP: 343
Hastune Miku Hastune Miku Hastune Miku 
Yeah, Battleborn doesn't qualify. The game itself was fine at launch, from everything that I've heard. It just released at a really terrible time (near the same time as Overwatch, if I remember correctly).

Terrible timing for sure, but not a bad launch itself.
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
Lv.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Resonance of Fate | Rabi-Ribi | Octopath Traveler | Azur Lane | Star Ocean: Anamnesis
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, Vita
XP: 343
Yeah, Battleborn doesn't qualify. The game itself was fine at launch, from everything that I've heard. It just released at a really terrible time (near the same time as Overwatch, if I remember correctly).

Terrible timing for sure, but not a bad launch itself.
Moonface Offline
Am I a cute pussy? OuO
Administrators
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
LittleBigPlanet Ratchet & Clank Crash Bandicoot 
Battleborn is basically what I feel could have happened if PUBG and Fortnite released close together. Neither are necessarily bad, one just has a lot more marketing and popularity behind it to make people overlook the other one.
[Image: CTR-Sig.png]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Am I a cute pussy? OuO
Currently Playing
Minecraft (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Battleborn is basically what I feel could have happened if PUBG and Fortnite released close together. Neither are necessarily bad, one just has a lot more marketing and popularity behind it to make people overlook the other one.
Metallix Offline
Beginner
XP: 275
Socom 4 was pretty bad. It released and immediately after PSN was hacked and down for a month. Socom was always an online game first, that’s where you it’s userbase mainly played and once PSN was back it pretty much killed that franchise.
Metallix Offline
Beginner
XP: 275
Socom 4 was pretty bad. It released and immediately after PSN was hacked and down for a month. Socom was always an online game first, that’s where you it’s userbase mainly played and once PSN was back it pretty much killed that franchise.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Last Game You Played ShiraNoMai 213 18,819 05-17-2019, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Your first ever game? macGamr 21 3,279 05-15-2019, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Daltonio
  Guess The Video-Game Moonface 76 7,411 05-06-2019, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  How Have You Entertained Yourself In A Game? Moonface 9 557 04-17-2019, 11:34 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Sonic movie to have a game tie-in plus plot details! Metallix 6 249 04-08-2019, 10:56 PM
Last Post: Moonface