PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
(Mar 20th, 2024, 05:14 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Mar 20th, 2024, 05:05 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
(Mar 8th, 2024, 01:32 AM)Moonface Wrote:
@queenzelda I'm curious, who did you two go with as your slave partner in the game to live on your farm with you?
Uh? I never really chose anyone as my partner in the game. A lot of the characters that are available to date I was just like whatever, and just stayed single. 🤷‍♀️
Fair enough. Tongue
In that case, what farm layout did you choose to start with then? Smile

I started out with a traditional farmhouse too. In the update, it looks like the game chooses the layout of the farm for you with the update though.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,666 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
(Mar 20th, 2024, 05:14 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Mar 20th, 2024, 05:05 PM)queenzelda Wrote:
(Mar 8th, 2024, 01:32 AM)Moonface Wrote:
@queenzelda I'm curious, who did you two go with as your slave partner in the game to live on your farm with you?
Uh? I never really chose anyone as my partner in the game. A lot of the characters that are available to date I was just like whatever, and just stayed single. 🤷‍♀️
Fair enough. Tongue
In that case, what farm layout did you choose to start with then? Smile

I started out with a traditional farmhouse too. In the update, it looks like the game chooses the layout of the farm for you with the update though.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Nah they give you an option when you're starting a new file from all the Farm options: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Farm_Maps
There were 6 other options before, in addition to the standard farmhouse we picked, and with this new update, they added one more.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Nah they give you an option when you're starting a new file from all the Farm options: https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Farm_Maps
There were 6 other options before, in addition to the standard farmhouse we picked, and with this new update, they added one more.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Nice, but for some reason when I played the game wouldn't let me pick my plot. Idk, I was just starting a new file since it's been a while since I last played Stardew Valley. I also watch TagbackTV who is obsessed with playing it. haha So watching him makes the game seem more appealing than I find it to be. For me after a while I kind of get bored with it after year one. xD
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Nice, but for some reason when I played the game wouldn't let me pick my plot. Idk, I was just starting a new file since it's been a while since I last played Stardew Valley. I also watch TagbackTV who is obsessed with playing it. haha So watching him makes the game seem more appealing than I find it to be. For me after a while I kind of get bored with it after year one. xD
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,671
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
The farm layout choice is in what I think can be an easily missed spot on the character creation screen. It's located along the right hand side of the screen but you have to manually go over to it. I almost missed it when making my new game file the other night. I'm glad I didn't because I wanted to pick the Forest layout for my file because I've seen some really lovely farm designs using it. ^_^

Also, I saw this superb comic someone made in response to being able to drink mayonnaise in-game now:
[Image: KpAVlFj.png]
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,671 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
The farm layout choice is in what I think can be an easily missed spot on the character creation screen. It's located along the right hand side of the screen but you have to manually go over to it. I almost missed it when making my new game file the other night. I'm glad I didn't because I wanted to pick the Forest layout for my file because I've seen some really lovely farm designs using it. ^_^

Also, I saw this superb comic someone made in response to being able to drink mayonnaise in-game now:
[Image: KpAVlFj.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Haha, yea TagBackTV was giving mayo out to everyone in the game but not many people seemed to like mayo as a gift. lmao I saw some people post on twitter that they found a leprechaun hat, and that there seemed to be no mention of it in any wikis.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
Haha, yea TagBackTV was giving mayo out to everyone in the game but not many people seemed to like mayo as a gift. lmao I saw some people post on twitter that they found a leprechaun hat, and that there seemed to be no mention of it in any wikis.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I believe 1.6 has a fair amount of things that were added but not mentioned in the patch notes, so that hat is probably one of those things. I know people are still discovering new things on the games subreddit but I haven't looked at any of it to avoid spoilers, since most if not all of them are related to easter eggs and/or secret in-game events.

Also, the NPC's react in-game very similarly to Sebastian in that comic if they see you drinking mayo. I think Linus (the vagabond who lives in the tent) is the only one who doesn't get repulsed by it. LOL

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I believe 1.6 has a fair amount of things that were added but not mentioned in the patch notes, so that hat is probably one of those things. I know people are still discovering new things on the games subreddit but I haven't looked at any of it to avoid spoilers, since most if not all of them are related to easter eggs and/or secret in-game events.

Also, the NPC's react in-game very similarly to Sebastian in that comic if they see you drinking mayo. I think Linus (the vagabond who lives in the tent) is the only one who doesn't get repulsed by it. LOL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I just got myself a Fishing Pond on my farm and put some Super Seacucumbers in there with the hopes that it'll either produce more fish or provide Roe!

I've been noticing all the neat waterfalls that have been added to the landscapes and it's really added a lot to the visuals IMO
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I just got myself a Fishing Pond on my farm and put some Super Seacucumbers in there with the hopes that it'll either produce more fish or provide Roe!

I've been noticing all the neat waterfalls that have been added to the landscapes and it's really added a lot to the visuals IMO
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I haven't been able to tell what waterfalls are new and what were already in existence. Although I think the only one I've seen is the one in the main town on the way up to Robin's house because there aren't any others in Pelican Town (excluding those your farm can have if you pick a layout that contains them).

Also I still think the dungeon exploration areas are my favorite thing to do in the game. I could live in those caves all day just playing that mini game if I wouldn't pass out in game from the time mechanic. Tongue

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I haven't been able to tell what waterfalls are new and what were already in existence. Although I think the only one I've seen is the one in the main town on the way up to Robin's house because there aren't any others in Pelican Town (excluding those your farm can have if you pick a layout that contains them).

Also I still think the dungeon exploration areas are my favorite thing to do in the game. I could live in those caves all day just playing that mini game if I wouldn't pass out in game from the time mechanic. Tongue
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
There's that one, and there's also the one in the Mountain's river where Robin's house is but to the northeast, right next to the Adventurer's Guild. Very pretty!

Mine stuff is fun yeah, though I feel like I dump too much time in there when I could be tending to stuff in the town or my farm.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
There's that one, and there's also the one in the Mountain's river where Robin's house is but to the northeast, right next to the Adventurer's Guild. Very pretty!

Mine stuff is fun yeah, though I feel like I dump too much time in there when I could be tending to stuff in the town or my farm.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 28th, 2024, 03:32 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Those weren't there before? I feel like they were always waterfalls and now I'm questioning what was actually there before. Mellow

Also, I experienced great pain today...

[Image: QwvgT6h.png]

This was all my stone, coal and copper that I've gathered in the game so far. I had none elsewhere. It took a lot for me to not save scum and redo the day to avoid this. Nooo

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 28th, 2024, 03:32 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Those weren't there before? I feel like they were always waterfalls and now I'm questioning what was actually there before. Mellow

Also, I experienced great pain today...

[Image: QwvgT6h.png]

This was all my stone, coal and copper that I've gathered in the game so far. I had none elsewhere. It took a lot for me to not save scum and redo the day to avoid this. Nooo