Princess Peach: Showtime!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,507
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

Platform: Nintendo Switch
Release Date: March 22, 2024
Demo: Available Now
Official Website: Link

Take the stage as Peach
Help Peach save the Sparkle Theater from the wicked Grape and the Sour Bunch, who have set the stage for the ultimate tragedy. Joined by Stella, the theater’s guardian, Peach is ready to save the day!

Step into the spotlight!
Power up with transformations and use showstopping abilities to call curtains on this tragedy:
  • Mighty Peach - Go from hero to superhero! Defend the locals with powerful punches and superhuman strength.
  • Figure Skater Peach - Join the other dancers on stage in a dazzling performance filled with quick-timed spins and jumps.
  • Dashing Thief Peach - Hack and sneak through the Sour Bunch’s defenses. Embrace the thrills (and charms) of espionage!
  • Mermaid Peach - Use Peach’s magical voice to control schools of fish to reveal hidden pathways and harmonize with an aquatic orchestra.
  • Cowgirl Peach - Toss enemies and grab items with a lasso and saddle up your trusty horse as a quick-flingin’ cowgirl. Yeehaw!
  • Swordfighter Peach - Fend off the Sour Bunch with graceful slashes, dodges, and counterattacks as a sensational swordfighter.
  • Patissiere Peach - Bake and decorate sweets with a dollop of cream and charm as a talented patissiere. Whip something up within the time limit!
  • Kung Fu Peach - Defend the school with artful jabs, kicks, and jumps as a disciplined kung fu master. Send foes flying with strength and balance.
  • Detective Peach - Don your sleuthing cap to question locals, uncover clues, and solve a classic “whodunnit” mystery as a clever detective.
  • Ninja Peach - Hide in the scenery using props, jump wall to wall, and take out foes with kunai as an agile ninja. Move swiftly and strike!
Meet the cast and crew
Get to know the actors and stagehands of the Sparkle Theater:
  • Peach - After receiving a flyer, Princess Peach visits the theater—only for Grape to steal the show! 
Now she is taking the spotlight to bring
Grape’s reign to its finale.
  • Stella - The helpful guardian of the Sparkle Theater. Stella grants Peach the power of the ribbon, allowing her to interact with the stag 
and transform.
  • Grape - A mysterious, masked villain who has taken over the theater and replaced its leading actors with her terrible troupe. She desires to turn every play into a tragedy.
  • Sour Bunch - Grape’s acting troupe. They interfere with each play, messing up the stage and turning the
story sour.
  • Theets - The residents and actors of the theater.
The Theets are eager to help Peach—they just need a little encouragement!

Anyone else curious about this game? I've not followed it closely, but I just saw Nintendo made a demo available for the game yesterday so I'm gonna check that out and see what I think of it. I'm hoping it turns out to be a game I like because I really dig the transformations; not just because they look really good but they remind me of the transformation feature in Ape Escape 3 and I adore that game. =3
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,507 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

Platform: Nintendo Switch
Release Date: March 22, 2024
Demo: Available Now
Official Website: Link

Take the stage as Peach
Help Peach save the Sparkle Theater from the wicked Grape and the Sour Bunch, who have set the stage for the ultimate tragedy. Joined by Stella, the theater’s guardian, Peach is ready to save the day!

Step into the spotlight!
Power up with transformations and use showstopping abilities to call curtains on this tragedy:
  • Mighty Peach - Go from hero to superhero! Defend the locals with powerful punches and superhuman strength.
  • Figure Skater Peach - Join the other dancers on stage in a dazzling performance filled with quick-timed spins and jumps.
  • Dashing Thief Peach - Hack and sneak through the Sour Bunch’s defenses. Embrace the thrills (and charms) of espionage!
  • Mermaid Peach - Use Peach’s magical voice to control schools of fish to reveal hidden pathways and harmonize with an aquatic orchestra.
  • Cowgirl Peach - Toss enemies and grab items with a lasso and saddle up your trusty horse as a quick-flingin’ cowgirl. Yeehaw!
  • Swordfighter Peach - Fend off the Sour Bunch with graceful slashes, dodges, and counterattacks as a sensational swordfighter.
  • Patissiere Peach - Bake and decorate sweets with a dollop of cream and charm as a talented patissiere. Whip something up within the time limit!
  • Kung Fu Peach - Defend the school with artful jabs, kicks, and jumps as a disciplined kung fu master. Send foes flying with strength and balance.
  • Detective Peach - Don your sleuthing cap to question locals, uncover clues, and solve a classic “whodunnit” mystery as a clever detective.
  • Ninja Peach - Hide in the scenery using props, jump wall to wall, and take out foes with kunai as an agile ninja. Move swiftly and strike!
Meet the cast and crew
Get to know the actors and stagehands of the Sparkle Theater:
  • Peach - After receiving a flyer, Princess Peach visits the theater—only for Grape to steal the show! 
Now she is taking the spotlight to bring
Grape’s reign to its finale.
  • Stella - The helpful guardian of the Sparkle Theater. Stella grants Peach the power of the ribbon, allowing her to interact with the stag 
and transform.
  • Grape - A mysterious, masked villain who has taken over the theater and replaced its leading actors with her terrible troupe. She desires to turn every play into a tragedy.
  • Sour Bunch - Grape’s acting troupe. They interfere with each play, messing up the stage and turning the
story sour.
  • Theets - The residents and actors of the theater.
The Theets are eager to help Peach—they just need a little encouragement!

Anyone else curious about this game? I've not followed it closely, but I just saw Nintendo made a demo available for the game yesterday so I'm gonna check that out and see what I think of it. I'm hoping it turns out to be a game I like because I really dig the transformations; not just because they look really good but they remind me of the transformation feature in Ape Escape 3 and I adore that game. =3
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I was just "Okay" throughout the video. Still seems neat and all, but dang zero sign of Mario, Luigi, and Bowser? I'm glad to see Bowser isn't the villain though, but perhaps they'll get a cameo in somewhere, at the very least Mario anyway.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I was just "Okay" throughout the video. Still seems neat and all, but dang zero sign of Mario, Luigi, and Bowser? I'm glad to see Bowser isn't the villain though, but perhaps they'll get a cameo in somewhere, at the very least Mario anyway.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Bowser being the villain would maybe be a bit weird given any time he's kidnapped Peach she doesn't exactly put up any fight whatsoever.

Even then, I'll take a new villain that let's this game feel entirely split from the Mario series, similar to how Luigi's Mansion is.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Bowser being the villain would maybe be a bit weird given any time he's kidnapped Peach she doesn't exactly put up any fight whatsoever.

Even then, I'll take a new villain that let's this game feel entirely split from the Mario series, similar to how Luigi's Mansion is.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Princess Peach Showtime {PS5] FF7: Rebirth [PC] Snacko
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I actually downloaded the demo, and it's pretty cute. With this Princess Peach game, there seems to be no Mario, Luigi, or Bowser. I've been interested in this game since it was announced, but the Patisserie Peach stage has me worried it'll be more like a Mario Party game where you have to beat the lvl in a set amount of time. While the other lvls will be just battle sections with different power upgrades based on the outfit Peach can change into.

So far, I'm still interested in the game but if Nintendo prices it at $70 I think I might wait for a sale tbh. Eh
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I actually downloaded the demo, and it's pretty cute. With this Princess Peach game, there seems to be no Mario, Luigi, or Bowser. I've been interested in this game since it was announced, but the Patisserie Peach stage has me worried it'll be more like a Mario Party game where you have to beat the lvl in a set amount of time. While the other lvls will be just battle sections with different power upgrades based on the outfit Peach can change into.

So far, I'm still interested in the game but if Nintendo prices it at $70 I think I might wait for a sale tbh. Eh
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I just saw that reviews dropped for this game today and so far it seems to be sitting at an average of 7/10. Common elements I've seen across reviews so far is that it's lacking in any form of challenge or difficulty increase, some costumes are forgettable compared to the others, and the game suffers from performance issues such as frame rate drops. Seems to come off like a tech demo that could achieve a lot more potential than it does.

I wasn't expecting the game to be difficult but it sounds like it's far too casual to drop $70 on it for me, and I'm curious what the game is doing to warrant frame rate drops. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I just saw that reviews dropped for this game today and so far it seems to be sitting at an average of 7/10. Common elements I've seen across reviews so far is that it's lacking in any form of challenge or difficulty increase, some costumes are forgettable compared to the others, and the game suffers from performance issues such as frame rate drops. Seems to come off like a tech demo that could achieve a lot more potential than it does.

I wasn't expecting the game to be difficult but it sounds like it's far too casual to drop $70 on it for me, and I'm curious what the game is doing to warrant frame rate drops. Errm
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
What's funny is that Detective Pikachu 2 was said to be 'bad' and reviewed at a low score, but I still bought it and played it anyway. I liked it and enjoyed the second game 100% despite what reviews might have said.

I watched someone on IGN play the upcoming Princess Peach game and as someone who watches a lot of detective shows, I knew the answer was the muddied painting due to the clues given by the town folk. He of course got which painting was the real one wrong the first time. haha Also, he was playing as Detective Peach when I popped in for a bit anyway. lol

Since it's a game I want for my birthday, I'm still going to ask for it. I want to see just how "bad" it is.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: ffix-p10.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,920 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
What's funny is that Detective Pikachu 2 was said to be 'bad' and reviewed at a low score, but I still bought it and played it anyway. I liked it and enjoyed the second game 100% despite what reviews might have said.

I watched someone on IGN play the upcoming Princess Peach game and as someone who watches a lot of detective shows, I knew the answer was the muddied painting due to the clues given by the town folk. He of course got which painting was the real one wrong the first time. haha Also, he was playing as Detective Peach when I popped in for a bit anyway. lol

Since it's a game I want for my birthday, I'm still going to ask for it. I want to see just how "bad" it is.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I haven't seen any reviews say the game is bad; rather that it just does a lot of hand holding despite already being easy enough that it shouldn't even be necessary and that the overall idea has a lot more potential to be realized. I certainly wouldn't call 7/10 bad either, but just a score for a game that sits at good but has a few factors/criticisms that someone should factor in to deciding if/when to get the game.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I haven't seen any reviews say the game is bad; rather that it just does a lot of hand holding despite already being easy enough that it shouldn't even be necessary and that the overall idea has a lot more potential to be realized. I certainly wouldn't call 7/10 bad either, but just a score for a game that sits at good but has a few factors/criticisms that someone should factor in to deciding if/when to get the game.