I am but a humble Shrimp. | Dragon Lord
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Imagine you're a streamer, and you begin to get sponsorship offers from companies asking you to play their games in exchange for money. What games are absolute no-gos, despite how much money they offer you to stream it?
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Imagine you're a streamer, and you begin to get sponsorship offers from companies asking you to play their games in exchange for money. What games are absolute no-gos, despite how much money they offer you to stream it?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Apex Legends, League of Legends, World of Warcraft, Fortnite, Valorant, Dead By Daylight, Call of Duty, Valheim, nearly any shooter, most horror games, any sports games, Minecraft, Stardew Valley, Fall Guys, Sea of Thieves, Satisfactory, Overwatch, Escape from Tarkov, Warhammer, and many, many more that I'm forgetting.

I don't really like the idea of playing a game I don't have much interest in playing, regardless of how much money it'd get me. The only games I'd like to be sponsored by as a streamer would be games like Genshin Impact, Azur Lane, Arknights, a Tales of game, or really any game from Idea Factory International/NISA/Atlus West. All the companies that release the games that I'd play normally already.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Apex Legends, League of Legends, World of Warcraft, Fortnite, Valorant, Dead By Daylight, Call of Duty, Valheim, nearly any shooter, most horror games, any sports games, Minecraft, Stardew Valley, Fall Guys, Sea of Thieves, Satisfactory, Overwatch, Escape from Tarkov, Warhammer, and many, many more that I'm forgetting.

I don't really like the idea of playing a game I don't have much interest in playing, regardless of how much money it'd get me. The only games I'd like to be sponsored by as a streamer would be games like Genshin Impact, Azur Lane, Arknights, a Tales of game, or really any game from Idea Factory International/NISA/Atlus West. All the companies that release the games that I'd play normally already.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
On the note of what games you wouldn't care to be sponsored by, what about actual companies? I ask since Burger King is pretty universally hated by Twitch as you might know, and the question Shira asked made me think of actual companies streamers don't like to do business with. XD

Also, to respond to what you wrote in UCT about trying to game no matter how ill you are, what would you do if you broke one or both arms when it comes to not having your gaming interrupted? Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
On the note of what games you wouldn't care to be sponsored by, what about actual companies? I ask since Burger King is pretty universally hated by Twitch as you might know, and the question Shira asked made me think of actual companies streamers don't like to do business with. XD

Also, to respond to what you wrote in UCT about trying to game no matter how ill you are, what would you do if you broke one or both arms when it comes to not having your gaming interrupted? Tongue
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I love Burger King (or I should say I love like two things on their menu), so I'd be 100% okay being sponsored by them. I don't get my panties in a twist over some higher up in a company supporting a politician I don't like or something, so that kind of stuff is irrelevant to me (which knowing how a majority of streamers on Twitch are, I'm assuming their dislike of BK is Trump related). If I like a product that a company makes, I'll buy it/would be okay taking a sponsorship from them.

It's like back when everyone wanted people to stop shopping at Walmart because they treat their employees bad. I was just like, you know what? I don't care. Not my problem. Walmart offers me products I want and good prices compared to others, so I'm going to shop there.

As for your second question, funny that you ask that, because I have broken both of my arms at the same time before. When I was 12, I got thrown off my bike and ended up breaking both my Ulna and Radius in both of my arms. While I was unable to do anything at first, after a few weeks of being out of the hospital (I required surgery on both arms), the doctor actually said that playing my Gameboy Advance for an hour a day would actually help get a head-start on building back strength/motion, so I was still able to play a bit of video games then.

When I re-broke my left arm for the third time when I was 18, the doctor straight up said that playing video games would be absolutely fine and that the motion with my thumb/index finger would help down the road for physical therapy.

So now that I'm "responsible" 31-year old adult, the answer is obviously: If I ever break both of my arms again, you bet your behind that I'll still be gaming regardless of what the doctor says.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I love Burger King (or I should say I love like two things on their menu), so I'd be 100% okay being sponsored by them. I don't get my panties in a twist over some higher up in a company supporting a politician I don't like or something, so that kind of stuff is irrelevant to me (which knowing how a majority of streamers on Twitch are, I'm assuming their dislike of BK is Trump related). If I like a product that a company makes, I'll buy it/would be okay taking a sponsorship from them.

It's like back when everyone wanted people to stop shopping at Walmart because they treat their employees bad. I was just like, you know what? I don't care. Not my problem. Walmart offers me products I want and good prices compared to others, so I'm going to shop there.

As for your second question, funny that you ask that, because I have broken both of my arms at the same time before. When I was 12, I got thrown off my bike and ended up breaking both my Ulna and Radius in both of my arms. While I was unable to do anything at first, after a few weeks of being out of the hospital (I required surgery on both arms), the doctor actually said that playing my Gameboy Advance for an hour a day would actually help get a head-start on building back strength/motion, so I was still able to play a bit of video games then.

When I re-broke my left arm for the third time when I was 18, the doctor straight up said that playing video games would be absolutely fine and that the motion with my thumb/index finger would help down the road for physical therapy.

So now that I'm "responsible" 31-year old adult, the answer is obviously: If I ever break both of my arms again, you bet your behind that I'll still be gaming regardless of what the doctor says.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 20th, 2021, 09:23 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
No, the reason I know any Twitch streamer I watch dislikes BK is because they went on a spree of donating to streamers with a message that would promote the company or a product, and the streamer or TTS would read it out before realising what they were reading, basically advertising BK stuff without actually agreeing to do so like one would with a regular sponsored promotion. BK was basically using donations as a gotcha approach to advertising without doing it the proper way.

Interesting. Did you decide to play something crazy like a FromSoft game to give your hands a good workout? Tongue

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
No, the reason I know any Twitch streamer I watch dislikes BK is because they went on a spree of donating to streamers with a message that would promote the company or a product, and the streamer or TTS would read it out before realising what they were reading, basically advertising BK stuff without actually agreeing to do so like one would with a regular sponsored promotion. BK was basically using donations as a gotcha approach to advertising without doing it the proper way.

Interesting. Did you decide to play something crazy like a FromSoft game to give your hands a good workout? Tongue
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Nah, the last time I broke my arm was in 2008, before I even knew Fromsoft existed. Demon's Souls released in 2009, but I didn't know about it. It wasn't until I discovered Dark Souls in 2011 that I learned of Fromsoft's existence.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Nah, the last time I broke my arm was in 2008, before I even knew Fromsoft existed. Demon's Souls released in 2009, but I didn't know about it. It wasn't until I discovered Dark Souls in 2011 that I learned of Fromsoft's existence.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
How'd you come across Dark Souls? I assume through word of mouth by someone you know?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
How'd you come across Dark Souls? I assume through word of mouth by someone you know?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Actually, the only reason I discovered Dark Souls when I did was because a YouTuber who I watched for Skyrim content at the time tried playing it, and I decide to check out the videos for it. After a few videos, I decided I really liked how the game looked and stopped watching as to avoid any more spoilers on the game, until I was able to get the game myself.

Which happened in a funny way. My mom and I were at a Walmart in... I forget which month, but it was 2012, so a several months after Dark Souls had released, and I was looking through the $20 bargain bin that Walmart sometimes has in the middle of the aisle passing by the Electronics section, and what just happened to be in there? A copy of Dark Souls for the Xbox 360. Figured it was a sign that it was meant to be that day and snatched it up in a hurry.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Actually, the only reason I discovered Dark Souls when I did was because a YouTuber who I watched for Skyrim content at the time tried playing it, and I decide to check out the videos for it. After a few videos, I decided I really liked how the game looked and stopped watching as to avoid any more spoilers on the game, until I was able to get the game myself.

Which happened in a funny way. My mom and I were at a Walmart in... I forget which month, but it was 2012, so a several months after Dark Souls had released, and I was looking through the $20 bargain bin that Walmart sometimes has in the middle of the aisle passing by the Electronics section, and what just happened to be in there? A copy of Dark Souls for the Xbox 360. Figured it was a sign that it was meant to be that day and snatched it up in a hurry.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Did it take you long to get the hang of the game, or was it rather quick due to either already having seen gameplay or because you're just that damn good? Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Did it take you long to get the hang of the game, or was it rather quick due to either already having seen gameplay or because you're just that damn good? Tongue
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Watching gameplay doesn't really help you pick up on how to play, I don't think. Otherwise I'd be a god in Monster Hunter right now and that is certainly not the case, haha.

I'd say I picked up on Dark Souls pretty quickly due to it just clicking with me. I'll brag a little bit and say that I'm pretty damn good at the games, and I think the reason why is because from the get-go I pretty much forced myself to learn the proper timings for rolling attacks and parrying, rather than hiding behind a shield. As I mentioned in the chat topic, hiding behind a shield in the Souls games is a very poor way to play them, and it's not going to teach you how to "git gud" at all.

So I think it was a combination of me feeling like I was naturally good at the game, and also forcing myself to learn all of the timings. I definitely did not struggle on my first play through of Dark Souls like most people did, that's for sure.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Watching gameplay doesn't really help you pick up on how to play, I don't think. Otherwise I'd be a god in Monster Hunter right now and that is certainly not the case, haha.

I'd say I picked up on Dark Souls pretty quickly due to it just clicking with me. I'll brag a little bit and say that I'm pretty damn good at the games, and I think the reason why is because from the get-go I pretty much forced myself to learn the proper timings for rolling attacks and parrying, rather than hiding behind a shield. As I mentioned in the chat topic, hiding behind a shield in the Souls games is a very poor way to play them, and it's not going to teach you how to "git gud" at all.

So I think it was a combination of me feeling like I was naturally good at the game, and also forcing myself to learn all of the timings. I definitely did not struggle on my first play through of Dark Souls like most people did, that's for sure.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wonder if you'd be good at learning a speedrun since you took the time to learn the mechanics of Dark Souls right off the bat and so would be able to decently get timings down for speedrunning. Hmm

Since you've not been overly satisfied with the DLC characters for Smash Ultimate, if you had the ability to change all of them, what would your ideal DLC roster be for the game?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I wonder if you'd be good at learning a speedrun since you took the time to learn the mechanics of Dark Souls right off the bat and so would be able to decently get timings down for speedrunning. Hmm

Since you've not been overly satisfied with the DLC characters for Smash Ultimate, if you had the ability to change all of them, what would your ideal DLC roster be for the game?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'm not sure about the entire roster of DLC characters, but I'd definitely change it to include someone like Isaac from Golden Sun. I've always maintained my stance that with the Psynergy (Golden Sun's version of magic), Isaac could have a really awesome moveset in Smash. I'd definitely take out a chunk of the Fire Emblem fighters and replace them with him.

I'd probably also throw a bone to all of the Geno fans out there that have been dying to have him in Smash for years and years. There's a lot worse choices in Smash right now than Geno would be, so that'd be an easy fix.

I'd have to look around and really think about any other characters that I think I would add into the game, and who I would take out for them.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I'm not sure about the entire roster of DLC characters, but I'd definitely change it to include someone like Isaac from Golden Sun. I've always maintained my stance that with the Psynergy (Golden Sun's version of magic), Isaac could have a really awesome moveset in Smash. I'd definitely take out a chunk of the Fire Emblem fighters and replace them with him.

I'd probably also throw a bone to all of the Geno fans out there that have been dying to have him in Smash for years and years. There's a lot worse choices in Smash right now than Geno would be, so that'd be an easy fix.

I'd have to look around and really think about any other characters that I think I would add into the game, and who I would take out for them.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't know if you saw it since you didn't make a comment in it, but did you know there's a 2B outfit in Fall Guys? ROFL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I don't know if you saw it since you didn't make a comment in it, but did you know there's a 2B outfit in Fall Guys? ROFL
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I don't remember if I saw anything about that or not, but either way it's neat. Not enough to ever make me want to play Fall Guys, despite my extreme love for 2B, but still neat.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I don't remember if I saw anything about that or not, but either way it's neat. Not enough to ever make me want to play Fall Guys, despite my extreme love for 2B, but still neat.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Which FromSoft game would you say has the hardest opening? A video I watched the other day mentioned that Bloodborne has the toughest opening to get through, but I haven't played enough of FromSoft's other games to decide if I agree with that claim or not.

Also, you're three posts away from being l33t. Cool

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Which FromSoft game would you say has the hardest opening? A video I watched the other day mentioned that Bloodborne has the toughest opening to get through, but I haven't played enough of FromSoft's other games to decide if I agree with that claim or not.

Also, you're three posts away from being l33t. Cool