Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
XP: 2,342
WipEout Minecraft Resident Evil 
[Image: logo.gif]

Another favourite series of mine! I actually remember the first few times I tried playing it I never made it very far before I stopped for whatever reason, but then when I finally did play through it all the way it became one of my favourites. I really loved the feel of them and it was a really cool concept. They're those kind of games (for me) that whenever I play through them I always notice something new, whether some random detail or something in one of the audio logs that I didn't notice before, etc. The first is my favourite followed by the second, and then Infinite. I prefer the underwater environment compared to the sky, but the game was still fun. I haven't played Burial at Sea yet though, something I need to change, does anyone have any thoughts on that DLC?

Which game is your favourite? Do you have any favourite Plasmids?
[Image: ldgamalthea.png]
Amalthea Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES, PS1, PS2
XP: 2,342 WipEout Minecraft Resident Evil 
[Image: logo.gif]

Another favourite series of mine! I actually remember the first few times I tried playing it I never made it very far before I stopped for whatever reason, but then when I finally did play through it all the way it became one of my favourites. I really loved the feel of them and it was a really cool concept. They're those kind of games (for me) that whenever I play through them I always notice something new, whether some random detail or something in one of the audio logs that I didn't notice before, etc. The first is my favourite followed by the second, and then Infinite. I prefer the underwater environment compared to the sky, but the game was still fun. I haven't played Burial at Sea yet though, something I need to change, does anyone have any thoughts on that DLC?

Which game is your favourite? Do you have any favourite Plasmids?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So I thought this was interesting to see out of the blue today: 2K has a new studio working on a Bioshock game for next-gen.

I've never played a Bioshock game, but I am curious as to where this leads. I'm hoping they come up with something iconic like Rapture was, but don't rely on Rapture in any way like Infinite ended up doing. Be inspired by it, just don't use it as the easy option.

Anyone else have any curiosities, or if you've played a Bioshock game, any hopes for this new game?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So I thought this was interesting to see out of the blue today: 2K has a new studio working on a Bioshock game for next-gen.

I've never played a Bioshock game, but I am curious as to where this leads. I'm hoping they come up with something iconic like Rapture was, but don't rely on Rapture in any way like Infinite ended up doing. Be inspired by it, just don't use it as the easy option.

Anyone else have any curiosities, or if you've played a Bioshock game, any hopes for this new game?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Bioshock: The Collection will be free as part of the PlayStation Plus February lineup. Really excited about this, since I've always been curious to try Bioshock but never cared enough to spend money on it to give it a bash.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Bioshock: The Collection will be free as part of the PlayStation Plus February lineup. Really excited about this, since I've always been curious to try Bioshock but never cared enough to spend money on it to give it a bash.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Absolutely can't wait to either play with or watch Moony play this series. I played a bit of Infinite once, and I'd love to live in these realms/worlds this series has built fully. Wow
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Absolutely can't wait to either play with or watch Moony play this series. I played a bit of Infinite once, and I'd love to live in these realms/worlds this series has built fully. Wow
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Finished the first game yesterday, and it was so good! The last boss is a bit of a pushover, especially compared to the Big Daddy's, but otherwise it was on point. Started the second game and so far it feels a lot easier than the first game. I've only died when fighting the Big Sister's. I love what the Little Sister's say though when they're on your shoulder. I set fire to an enemy and she went "Ooh look daddy, marshmallow!" XD

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Finished the first game yesterday, and it was so good! The last boss is a bit of a pushover, especially compared to the Big Daddy's, but otherwise it was on point. Started the second game and so far it feels a lot easier than the first game. I've only died when fighting the Big Sister's. I love what the Little Sister's say though when they're on your shoulder. I set fire to an enemy and she went "Ooh look daddy, marshmallow!" XD
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I own all three BioShock games in the series yet I still haven't gotten into them more than the first level or two in each of them.

They do seem intriguing though.
WR91 Offline
Casual
I own all three BioShock games in the series yet I still haven't gotten into them more than the first level or two in each of them.

They do seem intriguing though.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite are the best two in the trilogy. 2 is the weakest and you wouldn't miss anything by just skipping that one I think. Infinite is so good that if not for TLoU releasing in the same year as it I would have probably given it my GotY for 2013.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite are the best two in the trilogy. 2 is the weakest and you wouldn't miss anything by just skipping that one I think. Infinite is so good that if not for TLoU releasing in the same year as it I would have probably given it my GotY for 2013.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Oct 1st, 2020, 03:35 PM)Moonface Wrote:
That's some high praises for Infinite if it was competing against TLOU for your GotY.

If and when I get around to playing the BioShock series, I'll still play through all three of them as I want to experience all of the BioShock greatness as it unfolded.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Oct 1st, 2020, 03:35 PM)Moonface Wrote:
That's some high praises for Infinite if it was competing against TLOU for your GotY.

If and when I get around to playing the BioShock series, I'll still play through all three of them as I want to experience all of the BioShock greatness as it unfolded.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Spiderman (PS4), Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), League of Legends (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495
Megami Tensei* Portal 
Personally I would give Infinite GOTY over TLOU for that year. I just feel like that the ending to Infinity was so mindfucky and I often still think about it.
Eric Offline
Marvel Nerd
Currently Playing
Spiderman (PS4), Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), League of Legends (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,495 Megami Tensei* Portal 
Personally I would give Infinite GOTY over TLOU for that year. I just feel like that the ending to Infinity was so mindfucky and I often still think about it.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Has anyone else seen the rumors about the Bioshock Isolation game? Going by the rumors it'll feature a new location but it's split into two halves, with an above city and a lower city. Not sure how I feel on that since Bioshock locations have always been about showing how something meant to be great and perfect isn't all it makes itself out to be, and how power leads to corruption and what happens to that area as a result. Having a poor area just gives it right away and I don't see what interesting thing could be done with it other than it just being an area to shove the outcasts or showing that even in poor areas power can still become a corruptive tool.

I also know that Kevin Levine isn't part of the crew that did these games any more and so I wonder if they can even capture the spirit properly or if it'll be like a lot of other games that continue without the original creative visionaries and struggle to find their footing, such as Halo or Crash Bandicoot. Hmm

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Has anyone else seen the rumors about the Bioshock Isolation game? Going by the rumors it'll feature a new location but it's split into two halves, with an above city and a lower city. Not sure how I feel on that since Bioshock locations have always been about showing how something meant to be great and perfect isn't all it makes itself out to be, and how power leads to corruption and what happens to that area as a result. Having a poor area just gives it right away and I don't see what interesting thing could be done with it other than it just being an area to shove the outcasts or showing that even in poor areas power can still become a corruptive tool.

I also know that Kevin Levine isn't part of the crew that did these games any more and so I wonder if they can even capture the spirit properly or if it'll be like a lot of other games that continue without the original creative visionaries and struggle to find their footing, such as Halo or Crash Bandicoot. Hmm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 113 11,906 Mar 26th, 2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 25,969 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 22 8,449 Mar 12th, 2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 19 1,268 Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  NieR (Series) | NieR 3 Teased? Moonface 43 12,842 Mar 2nd, 2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Moonface