Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
NOTE: This is an on going comic series that is slowly releasing; I won't be able to review it all at once since 3 more comic books in the series has yet to release. So for now I'm going to talk about each comic & my thoughts therein; from this series ON IT'S OWN.

Life is Strange: Issue #1 (comic) ~review by: queenzelda

Art Style

[Image: sketch18.png]

vs

[Image: Best-Life-is-Strange-Cosplay-Guide-750x426.png]

If anything, the art just seems rushed. In one part of the comic you can see Max's freckles, in others it's like they aren't even there. I mean I know it's not supposed to be 'wall-de-art'; it's a comic book.. But, some small details like Max's freckles showing in more then one comic box, would be nice.

The font
What is the font supposed to represent? Some half a$$ed hipster cursive writing or something? Ugh, I am not a fan. I mean; I guess it's legible, but I just don't understand why the comic writers went with it. When clearly they should have used comic sans & truly made it into the LiS comic troll to the fans of where Chloe is saved that it's meant to be.

The story?? OMG don't even.. It's like no one on staff who wrote on the comic; even played the game the comic is BASED AFTER.

*Issue 1 (I mean this literally & figuratively.)

Basically about 5 pages into the comic, on the right of the comic both Max & Chloe are talking about Chloe getting closure for her mother Joyce dying in the hurricane, along with 'everyone else'. Ummmm... I call bull$hit on this because IF the people who created the comic PLAYED the game, you're made to save the diner & go inside to help out Joyce. When you talk to her, she tells you to 'go on without her & to check on Chloe' and that; 'the diner has a basement' she'll get everyone down to it. So Joyce is just fine. As too is Chloe's father in law David, who is down in an underground bunker saving Max from being tortured & drugged. When Max leaves, David's still down in the bunker gathering evidence about the person who tortured Max to put who was responsible away for life. So, the comic is so wrong it hurts.

What's funny though (impo), is the fact that the comic has Nathan Prescot's family fund the town getting rebuilt.

But then, they get to where the diner is located & Max starts to see a different 'tear' where the friends she made in school are alive! And she talks with one of them. It's interesting, & sets up the base of the story that Max is able to see different universal 'tears'; of different paths she could have taken when on her time traveling adventure in the past.. You know, the game the comic is from. Thing is that Chloe touches Max's hand & can see what she does. Same thing when they go to her home & she can see Joyce who's still alive (omg she's still alive writers stop acting like she's not) but; dun dun this other tear universe is the one where Chloe DIED. Chloe tells Max what to say to Joyce so she can try to move on; & maybe fix the issue.. But it doesn't fix the tears she's seeing, she has a nose bleed (like in the game when she uses her powers of rewind too much) & passes out. End of issue one.

My thought's:

It feels like they're trying to do bad fan fiction writing. If they actually knew the source a bit more when making a comic about it; I'd probably be a bit more okay with this comic series.. But the more I read; the more of a sh*t show it's turning out to be. I feel like the comic writers don't even understand the game, or the fan base. It comes off rushed, & half baked. Like some one decided to do a whole new season of 'Quantum Leap' but instead tossed Max & Chloe into the mix & gave the fans a sh*t show for the ages. Meh

Next up; Issue 2... Where you meet some a$$holes from a band that don't really seem to matter after the 5th issue. <_<
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
NOTE: This is an on going comic series that is slowly releasing; I won't be able to review it all at once since 3 more comic books in the series has yet to release. So for now I'm going to talk about each comic & my thoughts therein; from this series ON IT'S OWN.

Life is Strange: Issue #1 (comic) ~review by: queenzelda

Art Style

[Image: sketch18.png]

vs

[Image: Best-Life-is-Strange-Cosplay-Guide-750x426.png]

If anything, the art just seems rushed. In one part of the comic you can see Max's freckles, in others it's like they aren't even there. I mean I know it's not supposed to be 'wall-de-art'; it's a comic book.. But, some small details like Max's freckles showing in more then one comic box, would be nice.

The font
What is the font supposed to represent? Some half a$$ed hipster cursive writing or something? Ugh, I am not a fan. I mean; I guess it's legible, but I just don't understand why the comic writers went with it. When clearly they should have used comic sans & truly made it into the LiS comic troll to the fans of where Chloe is saved that it's meant to be.

The story?? OMG don't even.. It's like no one on staff who wrote on the comic; even played the game the comic is BASED AFTER.

*Issue 1 (I mean this literally & figuratively.)

Basically about 5 pages into the comic, on the right of the comic both Max & Chloe are talking about Chloe getting closure for her mother Joyce dying in the hurricane, along with 'everyone else'. Ummmm... I call bull$hit on this because IF the people who created the comic PLAYED the game, you're made to save the diner & go inside to help out Joyce. When you talk to her, she tells you to 'go on without her & to check on Chloe' and that; 'the diner has a basement' she'll get everyone down to it. So Joyce is just fine. As too is Chloe's father in law David, who is down in an underground bunker saving Max from being tortured & drugged. When Max leaves, David's still down in the bunker gathering evidence about the person who tortured Max to put who was responsible away for life. So, the comic is so wrong it hurts.

What's funny though (impo), is the fact that the comic has Nathan Prescot's family fund the town getting rebuilt.

But then, they get to where the diner is located & Max starts to see a different 'tear' where the friends she made in school are alive! And she talks with one of them. It's interesting, & sets up the base of the story that Max is able to see different universal 'tears'; of different paths she could have taken when on her time traveling adventure in the past.. You know, the game the comic is from. Thing is that Chloe touches Max's hand & can see what she does. Same thing when they go to her home & she can see Joyce who's still alive (omg she's still alive writers stop acting like she's not) but; dun dun this other tear universe is the one where Chloe DIED. Chloe tells Max what to say to Joyce so she can try to move on; & maybe fix the issue.. But it doesn't fix the tears she's seeing, she has a nose bleed (like in the game when she uses her powers of rewind too much) & passes out. End of issue one.

My thought's:

It feels like they're trying to do bad fan fiction writing. If they actually knew the source a bit more when making a comic about it; I'd probably be a bit more okay with this comic series.. But the more I read; the more of a sh*t show it's turning out to be. I feel like the comic writers don't even understand the game, or the fan base. It comes off rushed, & half baked. Like some one decided to do a whole new season of 'Quantum Leap' but instead tossed Max & Chloe into the mix & gave the fans a sh*t show for the ages. Meh

Next up; Issue 2... Where you meet some a$$holes from a band that don't really seem to matter after the 5th issue. <_<
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
So, how much are the comics? Are they worth it? I mean if they were $5 a pop & the writing was so bad they forgot to reference what they were writing about; I'd probably have bailed after the second comic if it got any worse.
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
So, how much are the comics? Are they worth it? I mean if they were $5 a pop & the writing was so bad they forgot to reference what they were writing about; I'd probably have bailed after the second comic if it got any worse.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Review: An Aspie Life Maniakkid25 2 3,025 Dec 1st, 2019, 05:17 AM
Last Post: Maniakkid25
  Review: Fantasy Life [3DS] queenzelda 0 2,961 Jun 7th, 2018, 01:37 AM
Last Post: queenzelda