Rayman (Series)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,507
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I don't think the guy being a creative director for Mario + Rabbids will automatically mean the Rabbids will show up in a Rayman game if he makes it. However that game is actually decent and the Rabbids weren't annoying to me in it for the time I spent with it (I never finished it and need to go back to it) so at least if they did show up they might not be as awful as they were when they were first created.

I'm curious if the Rayman DLC for Spark of Hope is themed more around Rayman stuff, Mario stuff, or Rabbids stuff. It could be a good way to get a feel for what a new Rayman game could look like visually if any map elements were based off of it.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,507 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I don't think the guy being a creative director for Mario + Rabbids will automatically mean the Rabbids will show up in a Rayman game if he makes it. However that game is actually decent and the Rabbids weren't annoying to me in it for the time I spent with it (I never finished it and need to go back to it) so at least if they did show up they might not be as awful as they were when they were first created.

I'm curious if the Rayman DLC for Spark of Hope is themed more around Rayman stuff, Mario stuff, or Rabbids stuff. It could be a good way to get a feel for what a new Rayman game could look like visually if any map elements were based off of it.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
It's rare to see a fan remake of a game in Unreal Engine that actually looks good, but this guy has managed to do a really good job at remaking Rayman 3 in the engine without losing all of the art style of the original:

Dang watching this makes me wanna go play Rayman 3 again for nostalgia. =3

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
It's rare to see a fan remake of a game in Unreal Engine that actually looks good, but this guy has managed to do a really good job at remaking Rayman 3 in the engine without losing all of the art style of the original:

Dang watching this makes me wanna go play Rayman 3 again for nostalgia. =3
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,207
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It looks really nice on a stand-alone, but up against it's original form I feel it leans a little too heavy on the realism. Seeing all the work the creator put into remaking the whole thing in his dev logs makes me appreciate it that much more though, it's SO good.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,207 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It looks really nice on a stand-alone, but up against it's original form I feel it leans a little too heavy on the realism. Seeing all the work the creator put into remaking the whole thing in his dev logs makes me appreciate it that much more though, it's SO good.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, I think the thing that always trips me up with remakes like this is the amount of foliage that gets added. While it makes sense, for some reason it also brings in so much detail that it becomes a delicate balancing act of not making it turn the scene realistic. Maybe if the lighting and detailing was a bit more like say, Mario Odyssey it would capture the right feel the creator is trying to go for.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Yeah, I think the thing that always trips me up with remakes like this is the amount of foliage that gets added. While it makes sense, for some reason it also brings in so much detail that it becomes a delicate balancing act of not making it turn the scene realistic. Maybe if the lighting and detailing was a bit more like say, Mario Odyssey it would capture the right feel the creator is trying to go for.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LittleBigPlanet (Series) | User Created Content Offline Permanently Moonface 35 16,343 9 hours ago
Last Post: Moonface
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 26 8,726 Yesterday, 05:56 PM
  Persona (Series) | P3 Aigis The First Answer Port Announced Moonface 21 1,469 Apr 19th, 2024, 02:25 PM
  Hades (Series) | Hades II Early Access Announcement Moonface 15 6,547 Apr 17th, 2024, 10:19 PM
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 120 12,824 Apr 12th, 2024, 09:29 PM