Notable/Celebrity Deaths | Mutsumi Inomata (63), "Tales of" character designer
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,021
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Oda Eiichiro wrote this statement in response to the news of Toriyama's passing:

Oda Eiichiro Wrote:
It is too early.
The hole is too big. Sadness washes over me when I think that I will never see him again.

I have admired him so much since I was a child, so I remember the day he called me by name for the first time. On the way home from the day you used the word "friend" for me and Kishimoto, I remember being overjoyed with Kishimoto. I also remember the last conversation we had.

I was one of those who took the baton from the days when reading manga made you a fool, and he also created an era when both adults and children could enjoy reading manga. He showed us the dream that manga can go worldwide. It was like watching a hero going forward.

For not only mangakas but also creators in various industries, the excitement and emotion of the time of Dragon Ball serialization must have taken root in their childhood.
His existence is like a big tree.

For the manga artists of our generation who stood on the same stage, Toriyama's works became more and more important to me as I got closer to the same stage. I even felt being scary. But I am just happy to see the aloof man himself again. Because we love him on a blood level.

With respect and gratitude for the creative world he has left behind. I pray for his soulful rest in peace.

May heaven be the joyous world he envisioned.

[Image: leCnXuh.png]
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,021 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Oda Eiichiro wrote this statement in response to the news of Toriyama's passing:

Oda Eiichiro Wrote:
It is too early.
The hole is too big. Sadness washes over me when I think that I will never see him again.

I have admired him so much since I was a child, so I remember the day he called me by name for the first time. On the way home from the day you used the word "friend" for me and Kishimoto, I remember being overjoyed with Kishimoto. I also remember the last conversation we had.

I was one of those who took the baton from the days when reading manga made you a fool, and he also created an era when both adults and children could enjoy reading manga. He showed us the dream that manga can go worldwide. It was like watching a hero going forward.

For not only mangakas but also creators in various industries, the excitement and emotion of the time of Dragon Ball serialization must have taken root in their childhood.
His existence is like a big tree.

For the manga artists of our generation who stood on the same stage, Toriyama's works became more and more important to me as I got closer to the same stage. I even felt being scary. But I am just happy to see the aloof man himself again. Because we love him on a blood level.

With respect and gratitude for the creative world he has left behind. I pray for his soulful rest in peace.

May heaven be the joyous world he envisioned.

[Image: leCnXuh.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 21,993
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Oof another big name gone, yeesh what a way to go too. I hope it wasn't painful too but he has left behind a legacy mere mortals dream for. RIP. o7
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 21,993 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Oof another big name gone, yeesh what a way to go too. I hope it wasn't painful too but he has left behind a legacy mere mortals dream for. RIP. o7
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I was curious how it would be to suffer from what Toriyama succumbed to, and according to the NHS a subdural haematoma occurs from some form of head trauma. As for symptoms, a lot are what you'd expect for any form of head injury and can get confused with dementia or stroke until tests are run to determine the cause.

It's gonna really suck if Toriyama's passing was due to a recent head injury that wasn't checked out by a medical professional. Based on what I've read it sounds like if this gets caught you won't die from it. Errm

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I was curious how it would be to suffer from what Toriyama succumbed to, and according to the NHS a subdural haematoma occurs from some form of head trauma. As for symptoms, a lot are what you'd expect for any form of head injury and can get confused with dementia or stroke until tests are run to determine the cause.

It's gonna really suck if Toriyama's passing was due to a recent head injury that wasn't checked out by a medical professional. Based on what I've read it sounds like if this gets caught you won't die from it. Errm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Mutsumi Inomata (63), "Tales of" series character designer, has passed away
I don't know how many people here know of her by name or even know of her at all as the one behind them, but because I'm sure folks are at least aware of the watercolor artwork for the "Tales of" series I figured I'd share that the character designer and artist for multiple "Tales of" games, Mutsumi Inomata, has passed away at the age of 63. She worked on the following games:
  • Tales of Destiny
  • Tales of Destiny 2
  • Tales of Eternia
  • Tales of Rebirth
  • Tales of the Tempest
  • Tales of Innocence
  • Tales of Hearts
  • Tales of Graces
  • Tales of Xillia
  • Tales of Xillia 2
  • Tales of Zestiria
  • Tales of Berseria
  • Tales of Crestoria

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Mutsumi Inomata (63), "Tales of" series character designer, has passed away
I don't know how many people here know of her by name or even know of her at all as the one behind them, but because I'm sure folks are at least aware of the watercolor artwork for the "Tales of" series I figured I'd share that the character designer and artist for multiple "Tales of" games, Mutsumi Inomata, has passed away at the age of 63. She worked on the following games:
  • Tales of Destiny
  • Tales of Destiny 2
  • Tales of Eternia
  • Tales of Rebirth
  • Tales of the Tempest
  • Tales of Innocence
  • Tales of Hearts
  • Tales of Graces
  • Tales of Xillia
  • Tales of Xillia 2
  • Tales of Zestiria
  • Tales of Berseria