Notable/Celebrity Deaths | Mutsumi Inomata (63), "Tales of" character designer
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,517
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,517 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,956
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
(Aug 29th, 2020, 03:57 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Utterly shocking, I must say :'( . I'm not sure what my favourite MCU movie was, but Black Panther ranked highly among them - and Boseman's performance in the title role was obviously a key part of that. Given the immense success of that movie, his character seemed sure to become a staple of the franchise going forwards... but sadly, if that is to happen, then it'll somehow need to happen without him Sad . 

My condolences to his friends and family.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,956 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
(Aug 29th, 2020, 03:57 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Utterly shocking, I must say :'( . I'm not sure what my favourite MCU movie was, but Black Panther ranked highly among them - and Boseman's performance in the title role was obviously a key part of that. Given the immense success of that movie, his character seemed sure to become a staple of the franchise going forwards... but sadly, if that is to happen, then it'll somehow need to happen without him Sad . 

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Black Panther was supposed to get a sequel, but I don't know what they'll do to have the role go to someone else without Chadwick around to be part of it. The way the character works can make it happen, it's just hard when the mantle should be given over by the current holder of the power.

The one nice thing about it all was that no media got involved with his passing. He got to go out peacefully and have his own estate break the news without any speculation or prying from media outlets if they had been aware of his condition prior to his death.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Black Panther was supposed to get a sequel, but I don't know what they'll do to have the role go to someone else without Chadwick around to be part of it. The way the character works can make it happen, it's just hard when the mantle should be given over by the current holder of the power.

The one nice thing about it all was that no media got involved with his passing. He got to go out peacefully and have his own estate break the news without any speculation or prying from media outlets if they had been aware of his condition prior to his death.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Kinda glad I heard about this here first. Agree it's good no media was involved, and it was kept quiet. May he rest in peace. Can't believe the next time I watch Black Panther I'll know he's passed away. Gotta watch the four films he was in as BP again. I know he's been in other films but I haven't seen them.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Kinda glad I heard about this here first. Agree it's good no media was involved, and it was kept quiet. May he rest in peace. Can't believe the next time I watch Black Panther I'll know he's passed away. Gotta watch the four films he was in as BP again. I know he's been in other films but I haven't seen them.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Damn, just read Sir Sean Connery has passed away. Announced a little while ago on the BBC website, he went peacefully. Won't ever forget his portrayal of Bond and Jones Sr. Had many more good roles, but those two I remember the best.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Damn, just read Sir Sean Connery has passed away. Announced a little while ago on the BBC website, he went peacefully. Won't ever forget his portrayal of Bond and Jones Sr. Had many more good roles, but those two I remember the best.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I came here to share the news myself. Shocking to read but he had a long life and went out in one of the best ways possible.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I came here to share the news myself. Shocking to read but he had a long life and went out in one of the best ways possible.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,207
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah I hadn't realized how old he was and am happy he lived a long, fulfilling life. Shame he's no longer with us but at least he left a great legacy behind. Smile
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,207 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah I hadn't realized how old he was and am happy he lived a long, fulfilling life. Shame he's no longer with us but at least he left a great legacy behind. Smile
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,956
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Yeah, quite shocking to read. I knew he was old, and I didn't expect to see any more acting roles from him, but I had no idea he was ill or anything Sad .

Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,956 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Yeah, quite shocking to read. I knew he was old, and I didn't expect to see any more acting roles from him, but I had no idea he was ill or anything Sad .

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 2nd, 2020, 02:11 AM)Kyng Wrote:
His age wouldn't be the reason he stopped. Apparently he quit acting entirely after he was in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen because the movie was so bad. He had turned down roles in LotR and some other big movie and took the aforementioned role out of fear of missing yet another big role only for it be a mistake.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 2nd, 2020, 02:11 AM)Kyng Wrote:
His age wouldn't be the reason he stopped. Apparently he quit acting entirely after he was in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen because the movie was so bad. He had turned down roles in LotR and some other big movie and took the aforementioned role out of fear of missing yet another big role only for it be a mistake.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,780
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I didn't realize he was that old either, wow. I can't say I watched many of his movies, the only ones I can remember actually watching are League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and The Rock. Both are movies I liked, but I never really went out of my way to watch movies with him in it specifically. Don't think I've even watched any of the Bond films he was in either.

Anyways, rest in peace, Sean. I'll always remember you for that accent.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,780 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I didn't realize he was that old either, wow. I can't say I watched many of his movies, the only ones I can remember actually watching are League of Extraordinary Gentlemen and The Rock. Both are movies I liked, but I never really went out of my way to watch movies with him in it specifically. Don't think I've even watched any of the Bond films he was in either.

Anyways, rest in peace, Sean. I'll always remember you for that accent.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Not to derail but I'm shocked you hadn't seen him in neither Indiana Jones nor his Bond films. Just something that never was on your radar?

I remember them (producers) thinking of having Sean make a cameo in Skyfall, but chose not to to avoid stunt casting. I also feel Sean would've turned the role down anyway for either the same reason, or for reasons stated before about declining roles (especially considering there'd be like a 10 year gap between those films)
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Not to derail but I'm shocked you hadn't seen him in neither Indiana Jones nor his Bond films. Just something that never was on your radar?

I remember them (producers) thinking of having Sean make a cameo in Skyfall, but chose not to to avoid stunt casting. I also feel Sean would've turned the role down anyway for either the same reason, or for reasons stated before about declining roles (especially considering there'd be like a 10 year gap between those films)
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,780
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I just never had much interesting going back and watching the older Bond films, and I was never a fan of Indiana Jones. Haven't watched any of IJ movies period.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,780 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I just never had much interesting going back and watching the older Bond films, and I was never a fan of Indiana Jones. Haven't watched any of IJ movies period.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Alex Trebek, the man who hosted the popular game show "Jeopardy", peacefully passed away this morning surrounded by his family. He was 80 years old, and had been diagnosed a while ago with Stage 4 cancer.

Sad to hear, but I'm not shocked by it. I think everyone knew his time was coming a while ago when the news broke about his cancer battle. I never really watched the guy since I think he just hosted Jeopardy in the US and I never saw the show aired in the UK, but he seemed decent for the very few times I did watch him. R.I.P. Sad

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Alex Trebek, the man who hosted the popular game show "Jeopardy", peacefully passed away this morning surrounded by his family. He was 80 years old, and had been diagnosed a while ago with Stage 4 cancer.

Sad to hear, but I'm not shocked by it. I think everyone knew his time was coming a while ago when the news broke about his cancer battle. I never really watched the guy since I think he just hosted Jeopardy in the US and I never saw the show aired in the UK, but he seemed decent for the very few times I did watch him. R.I.P. Sad
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Real sad about Trebek. It was sudden only in the aspect of hearing his state of being was OK last we heard from him. We all knew he had what he had but he made us feel like it was still OK for the time being. Though I suppose it was approaching the 2 years he was given... Sad
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Real sad about Trebek. It was sudden only in the aspect of hearing his state of being was OK last we heard from him. We all knew he had what he had but he made us feel like it was still OK for the time being. Though I suppose it was approaching the 2 years he was given... Sad
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I know they're not exactly a celebrity since they're known for being a member of the royal family, but I just heard that Prince Philip has passed away at the age of 99.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I know they're not exactly a celebrity since they're known for being a member of the royal family, but I just heard that Prince Philip has passed away at the age of 99.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Latest "Notable" Purchase Moonface 59 7,272 Apr 15th, 2024, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Moonface