I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Rest in peace Prince Philip the Duke of Edinburgh you have lived longer than most of us and have truly shined upon your realm I hope we shall honor your request of there to be a no fuss funeral.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Rest in peace Prince Philip the Duke of Edinburgh you have lived longer than most of us and have truly shined upon your realm I hope we shall honor your request of there to be a no fuss funeral.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Apr 9th, 2021, 03:17 PM)Karo Wrote:
Did he actually request a no fuss funeral? I haven't heard anything about funeral wishes or arrangements.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,529 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Apr 9th, 2021, 03:17 PM)Karo Wrote:
Did he actually request a no fuss funeral? I haven't heard anything about funeral wishes or arrangements.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
It was on his wikipedia page so I can't say for sure.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
It was on his wikipedia page so I can't say for sure.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I could see him wanting a simple funeral. From the little I know of him, he liked to joke about and not take everything seriously, so it would be fitting with his personality.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I could see him wanting a simple funeral. From the little I know of him, he liked to joke about and not take everything seriously, so it would be fitting with his personality.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
It should be mentioned that, while probably not as important as Prince Philip, DMX died on the same day as him. If you don't know who DMX is, before Kanye West was the "crazy rapper", that was DMX's gimmick. While he was a good artist, this was certainly overshadowed by things like him getting arrested after impersonating an FBI agent. You know, crazy s***. DMX would die at the age of 50 after a probable drug overdose left him without oxygen to his brain for 30 minutes, leaving him brain dead for a week. He would soon suffer multiple organ failure, and be pronounced dead soon after. May he live on as the craziest bastard the rap game ever produced.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,838 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
It should be mentioned that, while probably not as important as Prince Philip, DMX died on the same day as him. If you don't know who DMX is, before Kanye West was the "crazy rapper", that was DMX's gimmick. While he was a good artist, this was certainly overshadowed by things like him getting arrested after impersonating an FBI agent. You know, crazy s***. DMX would die at the age of 50 after a probable drug overdose left him without oxygen to his brain for 30 minutes, leaving him brain dead for a week. He would soon suffer multiple organ failure, and be pronounced dead soon after. May he live on as the craziest bastard the rap game ever produced.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I heard about that one yesterday too, but by name alone I can't say I recognize him. What songs did he make that were really notable? Maybe I've heard something of his and just never knew it was by him.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I heard about that one yesterday too, but by name alone I can't say I recognize him. What songs did he make that were really notable? Maybe I've heard something of his and just never knew it was by him.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
His most famous song is almost certainly Party Up (Up In Here) (which you've probably heard; its the one with the hook that ends each line with "Up in here, up in here"), which was his breakout hit. After that, the songs that immediately come to mind are Where the Hood At? and X Gon' Give it to Ya -- which you have DEFINITELY heard, because it was actually used in Deadpool and in a mod of Resident Evil 2 where it plays while Mr. X is nearby. But again, his career is by far overshadowed by his LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG list of problems with the law. In his Wikipedia bio, it actually lists his legal problems in timeline format. With multiple sections (including animal cruelty charges, which I know will just make some people throw him against a wall and say "f*** him"). It's that bad. Which is a shame, because the dude could legitimately spit when he wanted to, and his gangsta gimmick wasn't something that was just for show. But, he's probably always going to be remembered as "that rapper guy who was crazy before Kanye West was crazy".[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CqXgs-7ico][/url]
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
His most famous song is almost certainly Party Up (Up In Here) (which you've probably heard; its the one with the hook that ends each line with "Up in here, up in here"), which was his breakout hit. After that, the songs that immediately come to mind are Where the Hood At? and X Gon' Give it to Ya -- which you have DEFINITELY heard, because it was actually used in Deadpool and in a mod of Resident Evil 2 where it plays while Mr. X is nearby. But again, his career is by far overshadowed by his LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG list of problems with the law. In his Wikipedia bio, it actually lists his legal problems in timeline format. With multiple sections (including animal cruelty charges, which I know will just make some people throw him against a wall and say "f*** him"). It's that bad. Which is a shame, because the dude could legitimately spit when he wanted to, and his gangsta gimmick wasn't something that was just for show. But, he's probably always going to be remembered as "that rapper guy who was crazy before Kanye West was crazy".[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CqXgs-7ico][/url]
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It's definitely a whirlwind of emotions surrounding the two deaths yesterday. I'm unsure what kind of cosmic sign that is supposed to send us but here we are.

I do hope they find peace in the afterlife after this hellscape of a planet continues to move on.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It's definitely a whirlwind of emotions surrounding the two deaths yesterday. I'm unsure what kind of cosmic sign that is supposed to send us but here we are.

I do hope they find peace in the afterlife after this hellscape of a planet continues to move on.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
May both Prince Philip and DMX rest in peace. Philip's funeral is this coming Saturday and it'll probably televised, wish it would be more private for the family. If he didn't want a big fuss over it then in a way the restriction due to covid probably helps that. There'll be a moment of silence at 3pm which I'm OK with. If I were to be at home then I would honour that this time when I usually don't, but I'll be at work then so I'll be happy to anyway.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
May both Prince Philip and DMX rest in peace. Philip's funeral is this coming Saturday and it'll probably televised, wish it would be more private for the family. If he didn't want a big fuss over it then in a way the restriction due to covid probably helps that. There'll be a moment of silence at 3pm which I'm OK with. If I were to be at home then I would honour that this time when I usually don't, but I'll be at work then so I'll be happy to anyway.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Maniakkid25: "X Gon Give It To Ya" I've definitely heard. I hadn't heard the first song you mentioned, but I listened to it and it was pretty good. I think a big shame about DMX is that if he was portraying himself as a gangsta and then was making bad life decisions, it just fuels that stereotype of black people being criminal gangsta's. Sad

@Mr EliteL: Depends on how the televised funeral goes. If it's still a simple affair but just televised, I think that would be OK. There's likely going to be a private affair before or after anyway; the televised thing is just going to be more for the public who want to say their goodbyes or pay their respects I guess.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Maniakkid25: "X Gon Give It To Ya" I've definitely heard. I hadn't heard the first song you mentioned, but I listened to it and it was pretty good. I think a big shame about DMX is that if he was portraying himself as a gangsta and then was making bad life decisions, it just fuels that stereotype of black people being criminal gangsta's. Sad

@Mr EliteL: Depends on how the televised funeral goes. If it's still a simple affair but just televised, I think that would be OK. There's likely going to be a private affair before or after anyway; the televised thing is just going to be more for the public who want to say their goodbyes or pay their respects I guess.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Two notable deaths happened yesterday. Michael Collins passed away at age 90, and was an astronaut on the Apollo 11. El Risitas passed away at the age of 64; he was a Spanish comedian who is best known as the face of the KEKW emote and the laughing meme.

Crazy how differently both of these men became famous and memorable to people.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Two notable deaths happened yesterday. Michael Collins passed away at age 90, and was an astronaut on the Apollo 11. El Risitas passed away at the age of 64; he was a Spanish comedian who is best known as the face of the KEKW emote and the laughing meme.

Crazy how differently both of these men became famous and memorable to people.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
The weird thing is I honestly don't really recognize either of their names but it is sad to hear about their passing. Sad

Rest in peace.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
The weird thing is I honestly don't really recognize either of their names but it is sad to hear about their passing. Sad

Rest in peace.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Michael Collins had the most important job on that mission: make sure that Buzz and Niel had somewhere to go back to if they left the Moon's Surface (they weren't certain that would actually happen...). No one remembers him because he wasn't one of the guys who went on the Moon. It's honestly sad, to be honest, and it's a shame that he's gone, but it's not shocking considering he was 90. He lived a long life, and I hope he got to enjoy as much as he could.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Michael Collins had the most important job on that mission: make sure that Buzz and Niel had somewhere to go back to if they left the Moon's Surface (they weren't certain that would actually happen...). No one remembers him because he wasn't one of the guys who went on the Moon. It's honestly sad, to be honest, and it's a shame that he's gone, but it's not shocking considering he was 90. He lived a long life, and I hope he got to enjoy as much as he could.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
By name alone I definitely wouldn't know who either of them are. Maybe in death Collins will become better known but I get the feeling his name will fade from public thought in a month or two and be back to the level of public recognition it was prior to his death, which is pretty sad. Sad

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
By name alone I definitely wouldn't know who either of them are. Maybe in death Collins will become better known but I get the feeling his name will fade from public thought in a month or two and be back to the level of public recognition it was prior to his death, which is pretty sad. Sad
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Berserk Manga Creator Kentaro Miura Passes Away at 54

Crunchyroll Wrote:
The official Berserk Twitter account released a statement today announcing that creator Kentaro Miura passed away on May 6 due to an acute aortic dissection at age 54.
I never watched or read anything about Berserk, but the guy dying at 54 is horribly young. Apparently it was because of the pressure of the work that caused his health to take the turn it did, but I haven't seen anything that confirms that to be true (though it wouldn't shock me given how Japan's manga industry operates).

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Berserk Manga Creator Kentaro Miura Passes Away at 54

Crunchyroll Wrote:
The official Berserk Twitter account released a statement today announcing that creator Kentaro Miura passed away on May 6 due to an acute aortic dissection at age 54.
I never watched or read anything about Berserk, but the guy dying at 54 is horribly young. Apparently it was because of the pressure of the work that caused his health to take the turn it did, but I haven't seen anything that confirms that to be true (though it wouldn't shock me given how Japan's manga industry operates).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Latest "Notable" Purchase Moonface 59 7,275 Apr 15th, 2024, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Moonface