Notable/Celebrity Deaths | Mutsumi Inomata (63), "Tales of" character designer
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I don't know or care about Berserk at all, but it's a known fact throughout the Souls-fandom that Miyazaki/Fromsoft took a lot of inspiration from the Berserk series for Dark Souls, so without the existence of Berserk, we may have never gotten Dark Souls in the amazing form it ended up in, and perhaps would have been left with a much inferior game.

So for his indirect contribution to how amazing Dark Souls turned out to be, I must thank him. RIP
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I don't know or care about Berserk at all, but it's a known fact throughout the Souls-fandom that Miyazaki/Fromsoft took a lot of inspiration from the Berserk series for Dark Souls, so without the existence of Berserk, we may have never gotten Dark Souls in the amazing form it ended up in, and perhaps would have been left with a much inferior game.

So for his indirect contribution to how amazing Dark Souls turned out to be, I must thank him. RIP
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Apparently Berserk inspired a ton of things, or at least helped to push certain concepts such as anime characters with huge weapons. It seems hard to find a concrete list of things that were actually inspired by Berserk versus things that people just speculate were; for example, people think Cloud's sword is inspired by Berserk but nothing confirms that to be the case, it could just be that it was something using the trope of big weapons that managed to get big in the West but because it happened after Berserk, people think they're related, similar to how people think Digimon copied Pokemon.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Apparently Berserk inspired a ton of things, or at least helped to push certain concepts such as anime characters with huge weapons. It seems hard to find a concrete list of things that were actually inspired by Berserk versus things that people just speculate were; for example, people think Cloud's sword is inspired by Berserk but nothing confirms that to be the case, it could just be that it was something using the trope of big weapons that managed to get big in the West but because it happened after Berserk, people think they're related, similar to how people think Digimon copied Pokemon.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Holy moly, Miura's gone?! Geez and by a aortic dissection, too yikes. Very disappointing if the cause was work related, and goes to show the industry need to lessen the load for the artists and creators, or what have you. If it wasn't, still bad because that's a horrible way to go and so young too. I started reading Berserk up until chapter 91, because I wanted to finish the arc off through the 2012/13 film trilogy which I do own, but yet to watch still. I must even more now. It's saddening to know the manga won't be completed properly now. RIP Miura.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Holy moly, Miura's gone?! Geez and by a aortic dissection, too yikes. Very disappointing if the cause was work related, and goes to show the industry need to lessen the load for the artists and creators, or what have you. If it wasn't, still bad because that's a horrible way to go and so young too. I started reading Berserk up until chapter 91, because I wanted to finish the arc off through the 2012/13 film trilogy which I do own, but yet to watch still. I must even more now. It's saddening to know the manga won't be completed properly now. RIP Miura.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Today, we have lost a legendary man, in both senses of the word. Earlier today, John McAfee was found dead by apparent suicide in a Spanish prison after his extradition to the US was approved. He was 75. You may not know the man, but you certainly know his reigning work; he was the founder of McAfee Associates, creator of the once famed Anti-Virus software that shares his name, and legendary mad man who makes people like Kanye West go "Damn, you crazy!" When your life story includes "I owned a compound in Belize where I used drugs to excess and guarded it with local gang members," AFTER "I became a multi-millionaire off the back of a anti-virus program I created," you know you have led nothing short of an AMAZING life. I salute thee, John McAfee. You will always be my spirit animal.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Today, we have lost a legendary man, in both senses of the word. Earlier today, John McAfee was found dead by apparent suicide in a Spanish prison after his extradition to the US was approved. He was 75. You may not know the man, but you certainly know his reigning work; he was the founder of McAfee Associates, creator of the once famed Anti-Virus software that shares his name, and legendary mad man who makes people like Kanye West go "Damn, you crazy!" When your life story includes "I owned a compound in Belize where I used drugs to excess and guarded it with local gang members," AFTER "I became a multi-millionaire off the back of a anti-virus program I created," you know you have led nothing short of an AMAZING life. I salute thee, John McAfee. You will always be my spirit animal.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Isn't he also a murderer because his dogs got poisoned so he killed the guy? Hmm I remember we watched a video about him.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Isn't he also a murderer because his dogs got poisoned so he killed the guy? Hmm I remember we watched a video about him.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
That is the same man, yes (well, never proven, anyway, but his actions after the fact do NOT help his case) He is nothing short of a fiction character in the real world, and his life story reads more like a comic book summary than a real person.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
That is the same man, yes (well, never proven, anyway, but his actions after the fact do NOT help his case) He is nothing short of a fiction character in the real world, and his life story reads more like a comic book summary than a real person.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
F in the chat for the realest homie that ever was. Hated your software but you were an honest to God madman and I respect that. ??
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
F in the chat for the realest homie that ever was. Hated your software but you were an honest to God madman and I respect that. ??
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
At a glance of just the comments everyone else has made of the man, he sounds interesting but also like a possibly bad person? I can't exactly tell if he was actually decent as a person or not... XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
At a glance of just the comments everyone else has made of the man, he sounds interesting but also like a possibly bad person? I can't exactly tell if he was actually decent as a person or not... XD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
From the sounds of the drug use and if that story about him killing someone is true, this is the type of death we can actually be glad happened.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
From the sounds of the drug use and if that story about him killing someone is true, this is the type of death we can actually be glad happened.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Make no mistake, he certainly has despicable moments and was almost certainly a sociopath. But GODDAMN, the ups and down his life story goes through. He's an absolute Mad Lad in the purest form, and while I won't say I like the man, I admire the man in a twisted sort of way. He's my spirit animal because if my life turns out 1/100th as interesting as his (preferably without the crime), then I will die a happy cricket.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Make no mistake, he certainly has despicable moments and was almost certainly a sociopath. But GODDAMN, the ups and down his life story goes through. He's an absolute Mad Lad in the purest form, and while I won't say I like the man, I admire the man in a twisted sort of way. He's my spirit animal because if my life turns out 1/100th as interesting as his (preferably without the crime), then I will die a happy cricket.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What was he being extradited for by the way? I assume it wasn't the dog since you said it wasn't proven @Maniakkid25.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What was he being extradited for by the way? I assume it wasn't the dog since you said it wasn't proven @Maniakkid25.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
From what I recall he was being extradited for not paying his taxes for a few years in the US.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
From what I recall he was being extradited for not paying his taxes for a few years in the US.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Really? That's ridiculous if true only because there are so many rich people who don't pay close to what they should owe and they just get away with it. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Really? That's ridiculous if true only because there are so many rich people who don't pay close to what they should owe and they just get away with it. Errm
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
You see Moony he not part of the inner rich circle that rules America like kings and queens so he is therefore an enemy of the state and therefore must be charged for his crimes of not being part of the inner circle!
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
You see Moony he not part of the inner rich circle that rules America like kings and queens so he is therefore an enemy of the state and therefore must be charged for his crimes of not being part of the inner circle!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well even if that were true, why would someone kill themselves over unpaid taxes? Seems a bit extreme. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well even if that were true, why would someone kill themselves over unpaid taxes? Seems a bit extreme. Errm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Latest "Notable" Purchase Moonface 57 6,806 Feb 27th, 2024, 06:04 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord