Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Didn't mind Sean Lock, was my favourite captain on 8 Out of 10 Cats when I happened to bother to watch it and found his delivery great both in the show and live. Although I don't own any of his live stuff or seen one full, but have watched clips of it on YouTube and rewatched them yesterday when I heard of the news. 58 is young and a shame cancer claimed him. Was wondering if it was the skin cancer kind he mentioned/joked about from the earlier work he did in his life.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Didn't mind Sean Lock, was my favourite captain on 8 Out of 10 Cats when I happened to bother to watch it and found his delivery great both in the show and live. Although I don't own any of his live stuff or seen one full, but have watched clips of it on YouTube and rewatched them yesterday when I heard of the news. 58 is young and a shame cancer claimed him. Was wondering if it was the skin cancer kind he mentioned/joked about from the earlier work he did in his life.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
An unfortunate end for his young soul. Melanoma is no joke, if that's what it was. Sad Check your skin for darkening brown spots, folks.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
An unfortunate end for his young soul. Melanoma is no joke, if that's what it was. Sad Check your skin for darkening brown spots, folks.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,653
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I hadn't heard of the guy beforehand, but Hiroshi Ono, also know as Mr. Dotman, has passed away at the age of 64: https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/nam...ss-3073257

For those who don't recognize him by name, he's the legendary pixel artist behind many of Namco's iconic games, such as Galaga.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,653 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I hadn't heard of the guy beforehand, but Hiroshi Ono, also know as Mr. Dotman, has passed away at the age of 64: https://www.nme.com/news/gaming-news/nam...ss-3073257

For those who don't recognize him by name, he's the legendary pixel artist behind many of Namco's iconic games, such as Galaga.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
o7

May he rest in pixels.  Sad
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
o7

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I shouldn't find that RIP message funny. Still he did some great stuff and respect that kind of work, so yes may he rest now.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I shouldn't find that RIP message funny. Still he did some great stuff and respect that kind of work, so yes may he rest now.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 19th, 2021, 09:15 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
o7

I do not understand what the top part of your post means at all. Sweat

Chris Ayres also passed away recently. His most notable role was the VA of Frieza in recent Dragonball stuff.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 19th, 2021, 09:15 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
o7

I do not understand what the top part of your post means at all. Sweat

Chris Ayres also passed away recently. His most notable role was the VA of Frieza in recent Dragonball stuff.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,732
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
o7 is a text emote for saluting. o being the head and 7 being the arm.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,732 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
o7 is a text emote for saluting. o being the head and 7 being the arm.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, I see it now. I never manage to figure out text figure emotes by myself a lot of the time. OTL was another I didn't get at first too. XD

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ah, I see it now. I never manage to figure out text figure emotes by myself a lot of the time. OTL was another I didn't get at first too. XD
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I just read that the founder of one of my favourite game studio's as a kid passed away on December 14. Sad
Ian Hetherington, the founder of Psygnosis (later rebranded to Studio Liverpool), has passed away at the age of 69.

Psygnosis (Studio Liverpool) was best known for the Lemmings and WipEout franchises, but other notable games they worked on included the Destruction Derby series, the Formula 1 games from 1996 to 2000, Colony Wars, and Rollcage. The studio was closed down by Sony in 2012, and Ian Hetherington went on to be the chairman of Evolution Studios, developer of the MotorStorm franchise and Driveclub. 

I didn't know about the guy before now, but it's sad to see the guy behind so many games I love to have passed away, and at quite still a young age too. Sad

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I just read that the founder of one of my favourite game studio's as a kid passed away on December 14. Sad
Ian Hetherington, the founder of Psygnosis (later rebranded to Studio Liverpool), has passed away at the age of 69.

Psygnosis (Studio Liverpool) was best known for the Lemmings and WipEout franchises, but other notable games they worked on included the Destruction Derby series, the Formula 1 games from 1996 to 2000, Colony Wars, and Rollcage. The studio was closed down by Sony in 2012, and Ian Hetherington went on to be the chairman of Evolution Studios, developer of the MotorStorm franchise and Driveclub. 

I didn't know about the guy before now, but it's sad to see the guy behind so many games I love to have passed away, and at quite still a young age too. Sad
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
It always sad to hear about a passing of someone that indirectly brought joy to your life. I can't say his games were really my cup of tea, but it is sad that he passed away.

In reality human lives are pretty short a 100 years if your lucky isn't really a lot of time to be fair. Sad
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
It always sad to hear about a passing of someone that indirectly brought joy to your life. I can't say his games were really my cup of tea, but it is sad that he passed away.

In reality human lives are pretty short a 100 years if your lucky isn't really a lot of time to be fair. Sad
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 16th, 2021, 07:41 PM)Karo Wrote:
Yeah, I think that's what makes someone dying under 75 hit harder. Taking something already short and making it at least 25% shorter is pretty rough. Not that this person died today, but a wrestler called Brodie Lee passed away in December last year at the age of 41, and the kicker is his biggest fear was dying young and leaving his kids behind like what happened to him with his dad, and it happened out of nowhere. Today is his birthday which is why he came to mind.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 16th, 2021, 07:41 PM)Karo Wrote:
Yeah, I think that's what makes someone dying under 75 hit harder. Taking something already short and making it at least 25% shorter is pretty rough. Not that this person died today, but a wrestler called Brodie Lee passed away in December last year at the age of 41, and the kicker is his biggest fear was dying young and leaving his kids behind like what happened to him with his dad, and it happened out of nowhere. Today is his birthday which is why he came to mind.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
In very sad news that doesn't seem to be the usual hoax this time around, TMZ has reported that on Friday, December 31st 2021, the world has lost one of its brightest lights, with actress Betty White passing away at the age of 99. People Magazine has also posted that her agent has confirmed her death to them.

Man, fuck you 2021. You were fine right until the last day, and then you had to commit the worst crime you could have possibly done to the world. 18 days before she would have reached her 100th birthday. This just completely ruins 2022 before it even starts.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
In very sad news that doesn't seem to be the usual hoax this time around, TMZ has reported that on Friday, December 31st 2021, the world has lost one of its brightest lights, with actress Betty White passing away at the age of 99. People Magazine has also posted that her agent has confirmed her death to them.

Man, fuck you 2021. You were fine right until the last day, and then you had to commit the worst crime you could have possibly done to the world. 18 days before she would have reached her 100th birthday. This just completely ruins 2022 before it even starts.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Can't say I'm familiar with her beyond her name, but seeing this thread active today of all days (or even tomorrow) instantly made my heart drop. Sad

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Can't say I'm familiar with her beyond her name, but seeing this thread active today of all days (or even tomorrow) instantly made my heart drop. Sad
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Ya know I didn't want to believe it, cuz people have been wrongly meme-ing on that for years now, and with it being the literal last day before 2022, weeks out from her 100th, I was sure this was another bullshit attempt at starting shit. But no, this time it seems it's for real Sad

She went out a legend, and she'd want it to stay that way. o7
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Ya know I didn't want to believe it, cuz people have been wrongly meme-ing on that for years now, and with it being the literal last day before 2022, weeks out from her 100th, I was sure this was another bullshit attempt at starting shit. But no, this time it seems it's for real Sad

She went out a legend, and she'd want it to stay that way. o7
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Dec 31st, 2021, 09:25 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Obviously I never knew her personally, but I've never seen a single person ever say one bad thing about her. Everyone who knew her said the same thing -- she was an absolutely amazing person who had nothing but kindness in her heart. Now, I can't back that up from my own experience, but I think you can see that in the way she talked and how she just had fun with everything she did. 

She was one of the few people who was just pure good left on this planet. I don't mean to sound like I'm valuing her life more than anyone else, but she's one of those people who you see die going into the new year and you're just like, "...Oh dear god," knowing that it has to be some kind of horrible omen.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
(Dec 31st, 2021, 09:25 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Obviously I never knew her personally, but I've never seen a single person ever say one bad thing about her. Everyone who knew her said the same thing -- she was an absolutely amazing person who had nothing but kindness in her heart. Now, I can't back that up from my own experience, but I think you can see that in the way she talked and how she just had fun with everything she did. 

She was one of the few people who was just pure good left on this planet. I don't mean to sound like I'm valuing her life more than anyone else, but she's one of those people who you see die going into the new year and you're just like, "...Oh dear god," knowing that it has to be some kind of horrible omen.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Latest "Notable" Purchase Moonface 59 7,166 Apr 15th, 2024, 10:40 PM
Last Post: Moonface