Notable/Celebrity Deaths | Mutsumi Inomata (63), "Tales of" character designer
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Nov 27th, 2022, 09:45 PM)Frank Wrote:
Ryan Dunn from Jackass was a rough one for me. I was a massive fan of the movies and TV show growing up, and it was a bit heartbreaking when he passed.
Dunn's death reminds me a lot of Paul Walker's, since they both died in similar circumstances (car crash). The only real difference is Dunn was the driver whereas Walker was the passenger, but either way neither death would've happened had more responsibility been taken. I know alcohol played a factor for Dunn but it always gets me how both people were in careers that involved dangerous stunts and such that would require responsibility and safety on a regular basis and yet went out by neglecting to do what I would expect was a regular practice for them. Sad
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Nov 27th, 2022, 09:45 PM)Frank Wrote:
Ryan Dunn from Jackass was a rough one for me. I was a massive fan of the movies and TV show growing up, and it was a bit heartbreaking when he passed.
Dunn's death reminds me a lot of Paul Walker's, since they both died in similar circumstances (car crash). The only real difference is Dunn was the driver whereas Walker was the passenger, but either way neither death would've happened had more responsibility been taken. I know alcohol played a factor for Dunn but it always gets me how both people were in careers that involved dangerous stunts and such that would require responsibility and safety on a regular basis and yet went out by neglecting to do what I would expect was a regular practice for them. Sad
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
A little late but forgot to post about this one: BBC | Christine McVie, Fleetwood Mac singer-songwriter, dies aged 79

I've never really listened to Fleetwood Mac in a long time to even remember or know any song she was involved with, but I know they're a well-known group so wanted to share the news. Maybe one day I'll bother to actually dabble in their songs like I keep meaning to do. LOL

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
A little late but forgot to post about this one: BBC | Christine McVie, Fleetwood Mac singer-songwriter, dies aged 79

I've never really listened to Fleetwood Mac in a long time to even remember or know any song she was involved with, but I know they're a well-known group so wanted to share the news. Maybe one day I'll bother to actually dabble in their songs like I keep meaning to do. LOL
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Got some Fleetwood Mac CD's I've yet to properly listen to, a box set and I think another album so that's something I should do soon. But yes, may she RIP, she was a part of something great.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,021 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Got some Fleetwood Mac CD's I've yet to properly listen to, a box set and I think another album so that's something I should do soon. But yes, may she RIP, she was a part of something great.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
This is a huge loss for the Rock and Roll history books for sure. She was part of a such an influential group, and even helped cultivate their arguably greatest album, Rumours (which is considered one of the great albums of all time). I know she left for a considerable time from the group and let Stevie Nicks take over vocals, but she was always such an essential part of the group. What a great shame.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
This is a huge loss for the Rock and Roll history books for sure. She was part of a such an influential group, and even helped cultivate their arguably greatest album, Rumours (which is considered one of the great albums of all time). I know she left for a considerable time from the group and let Stevie Nicks take over vocals, but she was always such an essential part of the group. What a great shame.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Annie Wersching Has Passed Away at 45
Saw this yesterday but forgot to post about it. If like me you don't know this actress by name alone, she held notable roles in the television shows 24, Bosch and Timeless, as well as being a voice actor for the character of Tess in The Last of Us.

Source: https://deadline.com/2023/01/annie-wersc...235243778/

Damn, 45 is far too young and yet another victim to cancer. I've not seen her in anything outside of her role in TLoU but she killed it in that game so I imagine her other performances were really good too.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Annie Wersching Has Passed Away at 45
Saw this yesterday but forgot to post about it. If like me you don't know this actress by name alone, she held notable roles in the television shows 24, Bosch and Timeless, as well as being a voice actor for the character of Tess in The Last of Us.

Source: https://deadline.com/2023/01/annie-wersc...235243778/

Damn, 45 is far too young and yet another victim to cancer. I've not seen her in anything outside of her role in TLoU but she killed it in that game so I imagine her other performances were really good too.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah damn cancer really is a b. Too early to go as well, I only knew her as Tess. Well, never learnt her name but the only work I have seen.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah damn cancer really is a b. Too early to go as well, I only knew her as Tess. Well, never learnt her name but the only work I have seen.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 31st, 2023, 05:56 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Well, never leant her name but the only work I have seen.
Yeah, I didn't know her by name at all and it was only by seeing her referred to by her role as Tess that I would've even known she was the VA for that character. The only other game work she did was for a character in Anthem, so it's no surprise to me her name didn't really stick in my mind when I can't be all "Oh it's that voice actor again!" or something. Looking at her Wikipedia article to find out that info it says she was diagnosed in mid-2020 with an unspecified cancer, but kept it private and continued to act until her passing. Reminds me of Chadwick Boseman in that sense since he too kept hush about his cancer publicly and most of us didn't know he had it until he already passed from it. Definitely can't blame them for that choice; I wouldn't share something like that for the media to crawl all over while I'm dealing with it because I doubt that extra stress and harassment would be helpful in any recovery efforts or just trying to keep living life as normal as possible.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 31st, 2023, 05:56 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Well, never leant her name but the only work I have seen.
Yeah, I didn't know her by name at all and it was only by seeing her referred to by her role as Tess that I would've even known she was the VA for that character. The only other game work she did was for a character in Anthem, so it's no surprise to me her name didn't really stick in my mind when I can't be all "Oh it's that voice actor again!" or something. Looking at her Wikipedia article to find out that info it says she was diagnosed in mid-2020 with an unspecified cancer, but kept it private and continued to act until her passing. Reminds me of Chadwick Boseman in that sense since he too kept hush about his cancer publicly and most of us didn't know he had it until he already passed from it. Definitely can't blame them for that choice; I wouldn't share something like that for the media to crawl all over while I'm dealing with it because I doubt that extra stress and harassment would be helpful in any recovery efforts or just trying to keep living life as normal as possible.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Dang, from the sounds of it this was really unexpected and out of nowhere. I've seen Reddick in a few things and enjoyed him in all of them, and it's sad to hear he's passed away at only 60. Sad

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Dang, from the sounds of it this was really unexpected and out of nowhere. I've seen Reddick in a few things and enjoyed him in all of them, and it's sad to hear he's passed away at only 60. Sad
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah incredibly sad from the sudden nature of this. He was a fantastic actor. Wishing his family nothing but ease and well-wishes at this time Sad
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Yeah incredibly sad from the sudden nature of this. He was a fantastic actor. Wishing his family nothing but ease and well-wishes at this time Sad
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Damn, that really was all of a sudden. Know he's been in other things but mostly will remember him as Charon in the John Wick films. RIP Reddick. Sad
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Damn, that really was all of a sudden. Know he's been in other things but mostly will remember him as Charon in the John Wick films. RIP Reddick. Sad
popopdc Offline
Newcomer
XP: 2,920
We will miss you, Lance. Sad
popopdc Offline
Newcomer
XP: 2,920
We will miss you, Lance. Sad
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
From what I've heard, he was supposed to be at the red carpet event for John Wick 4 but backed out due to feeling unwell. I've seen suspicion that it may have been a heart attack but it seems we won't know for sure until an autopsy report comes out.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
From what I've heard, he was supposed to be at the red carpet event for John Wick 4 but backed out due to feeling unwell. I've seen suspicion that it may have been a heart attack but it seems we won't know for sure until an autopsy report comes out.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Paul O'Grady Has Passed Away at 67

Dang, just the other day I was trying to remember who the TV personality was that was for a time a famous drag queen but couldn't come up with anything, and seeing this reminded me of who it was I was trying to think of in the worst way. Sad

Seems both he and his family have a history of heart issues and have all passed away early due to it. Knowing he has a daughter I really hope she didn't inherit that trait because I can't say I'm filled with any confidence it can be handled given the track record going on with her father and grandparents. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Paul O'Grady Has Passed Away at 67

Dang, just the other day I was trying to remember who the TV personality was that was for a time a famous drag queen but couldn't come up with anything, and seeing this reminded me of who it was I was trying to think of in the worst way. Sad

Seems both he and his family have a history of heart issues and have all passed away early due to it. Knowing he has a daughter I really hope she didn't inherit that trait because I can't say I'm filled with any confidence it can be handled given the track record going on with her father and grandparents. Errm
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Oof, yeah a true shame knowing he's passed away. Other than his drag queen act, I used to watch the Paul O'Grady show in the 00's, I stopped watching the latter years though, and found him to be a great host in the ones that I did see. Hope his daughter doesn't have the same condition they've had. Sad
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Oof, yeah a true shame knowing he's passed away. Other than his drag queen act, I used to watch the Paul O'Grady show in the 00's, I stopped watching the latter years though, and found him to be a great host in the ones that I did see. Hope his daughter doesn't have the same condition they've had. Sad
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 29th, 2023, 08:34 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Oof, yeah a true shame knowing he's passed away.
Yeah, especially when I was reminded of all the good he did for the world. I can imagine he would be very vocal against all the bullshit America is peddling about drag and LGBT lately if he was known well enough in the US to be a spokesperson about it, considering his history campaigning for gay rights and speaking out about attempts to demonize the HIV/AIDS crisis of the 80's and Thatcher's Section 28 act. That along with his work for animal shelters and whatnot pretty much cements his life as being used for nothing but good causes and I've never known of a single negative thing he did or could be said against him, which I feel is a rarity among celebrities.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 29th, 2023, 08:34 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Oof, yeah a true shame knowing he's passed away.
Yeah, especially when I was reminded of all the good he did for the world. I can imagine he would be very vocal against all the bullshit America is peddling about drag and LGBT lately if he was known well enough in the US to be a spokesperson about it, considering his history campaigning for gay rights and speaking out about attempts to demonize the HIV/AIDS crisis of the 80's and Thatcher's Section 28 act. That along with his work for animal shelters and whatnot pretty much cements his life as being used for nothing but good causes and I've never known of a single negative thing he did or could be said against him, which I feel is a rarity among celebrities.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Latest "Notable" Purchase Moonface 57 6,790 Feb 27th, 2024, 06:04 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord