Notable/Celebrity Deaths | Mutsumi Inomata (63), "Tales of" character designer
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(May 26th, 2023, 05:46 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
...she was in her nice estate in Switzerland that she had recently acquired with her non-abusive husband after they both had become citizens recently.
I'm assuming you pointed out her husband isn't abusive because she had one in the past who was? Unsure
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(May 26th, 2023, 05:46 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
...she was in her nice estate in Switzerland that she had recently acquired with her non-abusive husband after they both had become citizens recently.
I'm assuming you pointed out her husband isn't abusive because she had one in the past who was? Unsure
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Ike Turner was famously abusive to her when she was married to him. Thankfully, she was able to get out of that relationship.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Ike Turner was famously abusive to her when she was married to him. Thankfully, she was able to get out of that relationship.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 2nd, 2023, 07:45 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Ah. Just looked him up and saw that he died in 2007 due to a drug overdose, and that he was also inducted into a Hall of Fame with Tina which I'm not sure how to feel about because of how he acted and inducting someone alongside their abuser just seems like a slap in the face unless Tina was fine with it (but I won't be surprised to learn she had no say in the matter).

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 2nd, 2023, 07:45 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Ah. Just looked him up and saw that he died in 2007 due to a drug overdose, and that he was also inducted into a Hall of Fame with Tina which I'm not sure how to feel about because of how he acted and inducting someone alongside their abuser just seems like a slap in the face unless Tina was fine with it (but I won't be surprised to learn she had no say in the matter).
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
The reason they were inducted together is because Ike and Tina Turner were a touring act as well when they were married, much like Sonny and Cher. So, it doesn't surprise me, but you are right in that the optics look terrible.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
The reason they were inducted together is because Ike and Tina Turner were a touring act as well when they were married, much like Sonny and Cher. So, it doesn't surprise me, but you are right in that the optics look terrible.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh I knew it was because they were an act together at some point, I guess it just sucks that he maybe only got in because of the attachment to her and would've been shafted as a solo act from any such accolades.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh I knew it was because they were an act together at some point, I guess it just sucks that he maybe only got in because of the attachment to her and would've been shafted as a solo act from any such accolades.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Oh, he would have absolutely gotten in on his own merits. Ike was the one who discovered Tina, and had already had a decade long career as a rock innovator with his band Kings of Rhythm. Rocket 88 (credited to Jackie Brenston and his Delta Cats, but actually played by Kings of Rhythm) alone is a Hall of Fame song by them and is widely considered the first rock and roll song, though who wrote the song and innovated the sound behind it is a VERY heated debate. So, sadly, he would always get recognition, with or without Tina.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Oh, he would have absolutely gotten in on his own merits. Ike was the one who discovered Tina, and had already had a decade long career as a rock innovator with his band Kings of Rhythm. Rocket 88 (credited to Jackie Brenston and his Delta Cats, but actually played by Kings of Rhythm) alone is a Hall of Fame song by them and is widely considered the first rock and roll song, though who wrote the song and innovated the sound behind it is a VERY heated debate. So, sadly, he would always get recognition, with or without Tina.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Hmm, I guess maybe the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame works different to the one I'm most knowledgeable of which is the WWE Hall of Fame, which has refused to induct certain people regardless of their career and at one point even removed Hulk Hogan until they put him back in some years later.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Hmm, I guess maybe the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame works different to the one I'm most knowledgeable of which is the WWE Hall of Fame, which has refused to induct certain people regardless of their career and at one point even removed Hulk Hogan until they put him back in some years later.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
So, just yesterday, it was announced that Shuhada' Sadaqat, better known by her stage (and birth) name Sinéad O'Connor, died in her flat in South London. She was 56. While no cause of death has been given yet, it's apparently not being treated as a suspicious death.

For those that don't know the name, she is probably most famous for two things: her cover of Prince's "Nothing Compares 2 U", and her fervent activism. She famously ripped apart a photo of Pope John Paul II during her SNL performance in 1992, shouting "Fight the real enemy!" She's been outspoken about human rights, child abuse, and religion (ironic that she converted to Islam, then), among other topics. She was a provocateur and protest singer first and foremost, and her voice will be missed.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
So, just yesterday, it was announced that Shuhada' Sadaqat, better known by her stage (and birth) name Sinéad O'Connor, died in her flat in South London. She was 56. While no cause of death has been given yet, it's apparently not being treated as a suspicious death.

For those that don't know the name, she is probably most famous for two things: her cover of Prince's "Nothing Compares 2 U", and her fervent activism. She famously ripped apart a photo of Pope John Paul II during her SNL performance in 1992, shouting "Fight the real enemy!" She's been outspoken about human rights, child abuse, and religion (ironic that she converted to Islam, then), among other topics. She was a provocateur and protest singer first and foremost, and her voice will be missed.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I feel like I've never heard of her before, but if she likely fell out of the mainstream after ripping up a photo of the Pope and making a statement that while 110% true probably upset a lot of people, then maybe that's why I've never seen her name before.

Apparently her son had committed suicide relatively recently, so maybe that played a role in her death? I wouldn't be surprised if she committed suicide too following something like that.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I feel like I've never heard of her before, but if she likely fell out of the mainstream after ripping up a photo of the Pope and making a statement that while 110% true probably upset a lot of people, then maybe that's why I've never seen her name before.

Apparently her son had committed suicide relatively recently, so maybe that played a role in her death? I wouldn't be surprised if she committed suicide too following something like that.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Paul Reubens Has Passed Away at 70
Paul Reubens, the actor best known for playing the role of beloved character Pee-wee Herman, has passed away at the age of 70 after a private bout with cancer: https://variety.com/2023/film/news/paul-...235683504/

The actor left a final message to fans sharing his gratitude and the fact he had been dealing with cancer privately for the last six years:
Paul Reubens Wrote:
Please accept my apology for not going public with what I've been facing the last six years. I have always felt a huge amount of love and respect from my friends, fans and supporters. I have loved you all so much and enjoyed making art for you.

His estate also made this statement following his passing:
Paul Reubens' Estate Wrote:
Last night we said farewell to Paul Reubens, an iconic American actor, comedian, writer and producer whose beloved character Pee-wee Herman delighted generations of children and adults with his positivity, whimsy and belief in the importance of kindness. Paul bravely and privately fought cancer for years with his trademark tenacity and wit. A gifted and prolific talent, he will forever live in the comedy pantheon and in our hearts as a treasured friend and man of remarkable character and generosity of spirit.

Paul asked that any expressions of sympathy be made in honor of his late parents, Judy and Milton Rubenfeld, to Stand Up to Cancer or organizations involved in Dementia and Alzheimer's care, support and research.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Paul Reubens Has Passed Away at 70
Paul Reubens, the actor best known for playing the role of beloved character Pee-wee Herman, has passed away at the age of 70 after a private bout with cancer: https://variety.com/2023/film/news/paul-...235683504/

The actor left a final message to fans sharing his gratitude and the fact he had been dealing with cancer privately for the last six years:
Paul Reubens Wrote:
Please accept my apology for not going public with what I've been facing the last six years. I have always felt a huge amount of love and respect from my friends, fans and supporters. I have loved you all so much and enjoyed making art for you.

His estate also made this statement following his passing:
Paul Reubens' Estate Wrote:
Last night we said farewell to Paul Reubens, an iconic American actor, comedian, writer and producer whose beloved character Pee-wee Herman delighted generations of children and adults with his positivity, whimsy and belief in the importance of kindness. Paul bravely and privately fought cancer for years with his trademark tenacity and wit. A gifted and prolific talent, he will forever live in the comedy pantheon and in our hearts as a treasured friend and man of remarkable character and generosity of spirit.

Paul asked that any expressions of sympathy be made in honor of his late parents, Judy and Milton Rubenfeld, to Stand Up to Cancer or organizations involved in Dementia and Alzheimer's care, support and research.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I only knew of the name Pee-wee Herman but nothing else beyond that, looks like his work was notable and liked though. Even so, RIP to Reubens.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I only knew of the name Pee-wee Herman but nothing else beyond that, looks like his work was notable and liked though. Even so, RIP to Reubens.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 2nd, 2023, 10:59 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Same here. I've heard of the character by name but couldn't tell you until now who played it and where it even appeared.
I'm just glad the guy got to go in peace, although it sucks that the only reason he probably got that was by having to keep the cancer diagnosis private until after he passed. I wish celebrities could just share it and be left alone if that's what they want and that be the end of it, although it seems that may be the case sometimes considering I've not seen or heard a peep about Bruce Willis ever since he was forced to retire due to whatever medical issue it was again that's rocked him.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 2nd, 2023, 10:59 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Same here. I've heard of the character by name but couldn't tell you until now who played it and where it even appeared.
I'm just glad the guy got to go in peace, although it sucks that the only reason he probably got that was by having to keep the cancer diagnosis private until after he passed. I wish celebrities could just share it and be left alone if that's what they want and that be the end of it, although it seems that may be the case sometimes considering I've not seen or heard a peep about Bruce Willis ever since he was forced to retire due to whatever medical issue it was again that's rocked him.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Johnny Hardwick, Voice Actor for King of the Hill's Dale, Dead at 64
Johnny Hardwick, known for playing Dale Gribble on "King of the Hill," has died at the age of 64: https://www.tmz.com/2023/08/10/king-of-t...dead-dies/

TMZ Wrote:
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ they were called to Hardwick's Texas home Tuesday for a welfare check and discovered his body. We're told Hardwick was pronounced dead at the scene ... and no foul play is suspected. We don't yet know the cause of death.

Pouring out some pocket sand for good old Rusty Shackleford. I loved the character of Dale in KotH and it sucks to see the voice actor pass at such a young age. Sad

I saw someone link to this video on social media where I saw this news break and it shows just how much fun the guy had playing this character:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Johnny Hardwick, Voice Actor for King of the Hill's Dale, Dead at 64
Johnny Hardwick, known for playing Dale Gribble on "King of the Hill," has died at the age of 64: https://www.tmz.com/2023/08/10/king-of-t...dead-dies/

TMZ Wrote:
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ they were called to Hardwick's Texas home Tuesday for a welfare check and discovered his body. We're told Hardwick was pronounced dead at the scene ... and no foul play is suspected. We don't yet know the cause of death.

Pouring out some pocket sand for good old Rusty Shackleford. I loved the character of Dale in KotH and it sucks to see the voice actor pass at such a young age. Sad

I saw someone link to this video on social media where I saw this news break and it shows just how much fun the guy had playing this character:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Man, wrestling has had it rough the last two days. Yesterday news broke that Terry Funk had passed away at 79, and I just now learned that Windham Rotunda a.k.a. Bray Wyatt has passed away today at the age of 36.

Wyatt's passing honestly hurts a little right now for me. That guy had so much creativity and went through some real tough shit in the last few years ever since his best friend Brodie Lee passed away out of the blue at a young age from illness. I knew Wyatt was having troubles with his health and that it had a potential to be serious but I wasn't expecting it to reach a point of seeing he'd passed away.

Been a while since a celebrity death bummed me out. Sad

Here's a video of what a lot of people feel is one of his most creative match ideas:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Man, wrestling has had it rough the last two days. Yesterday news broke that Terry Funk had passed away at 79, and I just now learned that Windham Rotunda a.k.a. Bray Wyatt has passed away today at the age of 36.

Wyatt's passing honestly hurts a little right now for me. That guy had so much creativity and went through some real tough shit in the last few years ever since his best friend Brodie Lee passed away out of the blue at a young age from illness. I knew Wyatt was having troubles with his health and that it had a potential to be serious but I wasn't expecting it to reach a point of seeing he'd passed away.

Been a while since a celebrity death bummed me out. Sad

Here's a video of what a lot of people feel is one of his most creative match ideas:

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Even though I'm not familiar with the stuff Terry Funk did other than he was a notable wrestler and had a number of returns to WWE, plus looking at his Wikipedia page he was in a lot of different promotions too like many wrestlers are, still RIP do him.

Windham's/Bray's passing is surprising though being only 36 and leaving behind young kids. Them revealing what was the cause, darn you COVID striking again but it wasn't only that. You'd think age would be on his side but nope. I wasn't into WWE during his time although knew of the Wyatt family and The Fiend both being a good stable and interesting character since Undertaker and Kane, plus they had Balor's Demon version. I believe they didn't have a match with those two personas or perhaps form a dominating team (even if Balor's a smallish guy compared to monster/big wrestlers). So now none of that is going to happen.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Even though I'm not familiar with the stuff Terry Funk did other than he was a notable wrestler and had a number of returns to WWE, plus looking at his Wikipedia page he was in a lot of different promotions too like many wrestlers are, still RIP do him.

Windham's/Bray's passing is surprising though being only 36 and leaving behind young kids. Them revealing what was the cause, darn you COVID striking again but it wasn't only that. You'd think age would be on his side but nope. I wasn't into WWE during his time although knew of the Wyatt family and The Fiend both being a good stable and interesting character since Undertaker and Kane, plus they had Balor's Demon version. I believe they didn't have a match with those two personas or perhaps form a dominating team (even if Balor's a smallish guy compared to monster/big wrestlers). So now none of that is going to happen.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Latest "Notable" Purchase Moonface 57 6,809 Feb 27th, 2024, 06:04 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord