What's a "Moral Compass Cricket Thingy"? | Maniakkid25
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
That actually sounds super fun, Maniak! I hope we get to do it some time ^_^

In the meantime, hope you had as good of a birthday as you can during these times, like Moony said. I'm having such an issue this year with dates and I'm unsure if it's because of a lack of physical reminders or being outside to experience time passage... Hmm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
That actually sounds super fun, Maniak! I hope we get to do it some time ^_^

In the meantime, hope you had as good of a birthday as you can during these times, like Moony said. I'm having such an issue this year with dates and I'm unsure if it's because of a lack of physical reminders or being outside to experience time passage... Hmm
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So I know you work at Publix but didn't realise you had two jobs until a recent post of yours brought it up. So I'm curious, where's the other job at?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So I know you work at Publix but didn't realise you had two jobs until a recent post of yours brought it up. So I'm curious, where's the other job at?
Maniakkid25 Online
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Aftercare gig at a school. I watch over the second and third graders while they wait to get picked up. Most of them are good kids, even if they never clean up after themselves and a couple refuse to wear their masks for more than 30 minutes at a time. One of them is a little s***, however, but I don't have to deal with that one too much.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Aftercare gig at a school. I watch over the second and third graders while they wait to get picked up. Most of them are good kids, even if they never clean up after themselves and a couple refuse to wear their masks for more than 30 minutes at a time. One of them is a little s***, however, but I don't have to deal with that one too much.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Do you have to clean up whatever mess they make, or do you just have to make sure none of them kill themselves? Tongue

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Do you have to clean up whatever mess they make, or do you just have to make sure none of them kill themselves? Tongue
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
The later. I've been writing them up for leaving their messes, believe it or not, and my boss is like "good boy!"
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
The later. I've been writing them up for leaving their messes, believe it or not, and my boss is like "good boy!"
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I know you like to rant about various things, and I'm curious. What is something that has made you head desk in annoyance/disappointment/etc. that you didn't go into thinking it would make you react that way? Tongue

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I know you like to rant about various things, and I'm curious. What is something that has made you head desk in annoyance/disappointment/etc. that you didn't go into thinking it would make you react that way? Tongue
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
*exhales* That's really hard to say. Generally, when I watch or play something, I about know what I'm getting myself into. Data Squad (both thr movie and the game) immediately comes to mind as something I wasn't expecting to hate, but that was so long ago I don't even know if that's really fair. The problem is I don't like risking things when it comes to my entertainment: if I want to do something, I want to know what I'm generally getting myself into. Battleship (the movie) is another, but that's more than a decade as well.

...Hatred? That really crappy twin-stick shooter that caught all sorts of controversy? Maybe Mass Effect 3's ending, but even then, that was just "Why didn't I see this coming?" more than anything. Like, legitimately, I'm struggling to find answers to the question. My memory is often a hazy whirlwind, so picking out moments like that can be like finding a needle in a stack of needles.
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
*exhales* That's really hard to say. Generally, when I watch or play something, I about know what I'm getting myself into. Data Squad (both thr movie and the game) immediately comes to mind as something I wasn't expecting to hate, but that was so long ago I don't even know if that's really fair. The problem is I don't like risking things when it comes to my entertainment: if I want to do something, I want to know what I'm generally getting myself into. Battleship (the movie) is another, but that's more than a decade as well.

...Hatred? That really crappy twin-stick shooter that caught all sorts of controversy? Maybe Mass Effect 3's ending, but even then, that was just "Why didn't I see this coming?" more than anything. Like, legitimately, I'm struggling to find answers to the question. My memory is often a hazy whirlwind, so picking out moments like that can be like finding a needle in a stack of needles.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What are your favourite vehicles in the Burnout and Need For Speed games?

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What are your favourite vehicles in the Burnout and Need For Speed games?
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Depends on the game. As far as real world cars go, I don't think it's been featured in a NFS game specifically, but I LOVE the look of the Lexus LFA. That said, IRL, I'm a "function before form" kind of guy, so I tend to gravitate towards either the "best" cars or the most fun (I love drifting cars, after all).
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Depends on the game. As far as real world cars go, I don't think it's been featured in a NFS game specifically, but I LOVE the look of the Lexus LFA. That said, IRL, I'm a "function before form" kind of guy, so I tend to gravitate towards either the "best" cars or the most fun (I love drifting cars, after all).
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Since you said you're function before form, did you customize cars much in NFS games that let you customize the cars, or did you just do minimal changes?

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Since you said you're function before form, did you customize cars much in NFS games that let you customize the cars, or did you just do minimal changes?
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Minimal changes. I focused on performance upgrades first, and then I would worry about the looks (which made Underground 2 SUPER ANNOYING since you are FORCED to upgrade the looks of your car)
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Minimal changes. I focused on performance upgrades first, and then I would worry about the looks (which made Underground 2 SUPER ANNOYING since you are FORCED to upgrade the looks of your car)
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I also hated that you couldn't really switch to a later car in NFSU2 because doing so meant all the money poured into your starting car is wasted going forward and sometimes getting enough money to put a new car together was too hard if you were too far into the game. You can't sell cars either unless your garage is full, so you can't even try to make money on the stuff you don't want anymore.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I also hated that you couldn't really switch to a later car in NFSU2 because doing so meant all the money poured into your starting car is wasted going forward and sometimes getting enough money to put a new car together was too hard if you were too far into the game. You can't sell cars either unless your garage is full, so you can't even try to make money on the stuff you don't want anymore.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise?
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Is there a tank that isn't in World of Tanks that you would like to see added?

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Is there a tank that isn't in World of Tanks that you would like to see added?
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
HAHAHAHAHA! WHERE DO I START?!

There are many people far more qualified than me on this subject than I am. The game uses armored vehicles from between the 1920s (with one exception) and the 1970s, with the nations being represented all across Eurasia (with several exceptions). US, UK, France, Germany, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Italy, USSR, China, and Japan being represented means there's literally around 400 vehicles in the game, most of them being from Germany, USSR, and US (You have no idea how many experimental vehicles those three nations alone had...). So, the pool is honestly kind of full, but that hasn't stopped many, MANY people from designing full trees for every nation under the sun. And this doesn't even include many legendary armored vehicles through history! The Israeli Super Sherman? It's in the game as the Revalorise! Chieftain? Both in Tech Tree and Premium variants! S-tank? We've got three different versions, yo! And yet people are coming up with ideas all the time, to say nothing of the designs Wargaming has outright fabricated (Waifutraktor...). BUT! If I had to pick one, and it had to be a Tank and not just any Armored Vehicle, I suppose the obvious choice is the Israeli Main Battle Tank, the Merkava. But go digging around for tech tree proposals, and you'd be AMAZED at the long history some nations have with the subject!
Maniakkid25 Online
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
HAHAHAHAHA! WHERE DO I START?!

There are many people far more qualified than me on this subject than I am. The game uses armored vehicles from between the 1920s (with one exception) and the 1970s, with the nations being represented all across Eurasia (with several exceptions). US, UK, France, Germany, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Italy, USSR, China, and Japan being represented means there's literally around 400 vehicles in the game, most of them being from Germany, USSR, and US (You have no idea how many experimental vehicles those three nations alone had...). So, the pool is honestly kind of full, but that hasn't stopped many, MANY people from designing full trees for every nation under the sun. And this doesn't even include many legendary armored vehicles through history! The Israeli Super Sherman? It's in the game as the Revalorise! Chieftain? Both in Tech Tree and Premium variants! S-tank? We've got three different versions, yo! And yet people are coming up with ideas all the time, to say nothing of the designs Wargaming has outright fabricated (Waifutraktor...). BUT! If I had to pick one, and it had to be a Tank and not just any Armored Vehicle, I suppose the obvious choice is the Israeli Main Battle Tank, the Merkava. But go digging around for tech tree proposals, and you'd be AMAZED at the long history some nations have with the subject!