Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I'm only an Xbox player by circumatance rather than anything else; I just get sick of the fanboy BS and goddamn it, someone has to stick up for it! It's the same thing with Turn-based combat: it's always getting s*** on, and I like it, so goddamn it, I'll defend it! My parents got me my 360, and I just stayed with the platform for the fact that all my Rock Band DLC was on it, and Rock Band 4 was backwards compatible. I could have just as easily gotten a PS3, and just be playing games on that; my parents are boomers, so they don't get "video games". Before the 360, I was a PS2 and Gamecube player, and got my start on the N64, so I don't really care about consoles; I'm here for the games, as we all should be.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I'm only an Xbox player by circumatance rather than anything else; I just get sick of the fanboy BS and goddamn it, someone has to stick up for it! It's the same thing with Turn-based combat: it's always getting s*** on, and I like it, so goddamn it, I'll defend it! My parents got me my 360, and I just stayed with the platform for the fact that all my Rock Band DLC was on it, and Rock Band 4 was backwards compatible. I could have just as easily gotten a PS3, and just be playing games on that; my parents are boomers, so they don't get "video games". Before the 360, I was a PS2 and Gamecube player, and got my start on the N64, so I don't really care about consoles; I'm here for the games, as we all should be.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So did your parents pick the 360 for you or did you show interest prior that spurred them to get it? Since I'd figure naturally they'd look more at Nintendo and Sony since you were already playing their systems.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So did your parents pick the 360 for you or did you show interest prior that spurred them to get it? Since I'd figure naturally they'd look more at Nintendo and Sony since you were already playing their systems.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
...Actually, now that I think about it, I remember how it went down: a family friend was upgrading his own 360, and gave it to me for free, and that's how I ended up with my first 360. Couple of repairs and replacements later, I has a 360 slim now that is still lasting me a long while.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
...Actually, now that I think about it, I remember how it went down: a family friend was upgrading his own 360, and gave it to me for free, and that's how I ended up with my first 360. Couple of repairs and replacements later, I has a 360 slim now that is still lasting me a long while.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Do you still find a use for that 360 considering the backwards compatibility that the newer Xbox's offer?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Do you still find a use for that 360 considering the backwards compatibility that the newer Xbox's offer?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Yes; half of my library isn't actually backwards compatible! Resonance of Fate, Dark Sector, Operation Darkness, Jet Set Radio Future, and those are just the ones easy to name off the top of my head. The biggest problem I have with my 360 is getting it online. That's a bit of a chore now that we have such an advanced wifi set-up, so I have to tether it via ethernet cable to the PC to steal internet off that. It's ridiculous.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Yes; half of my library isn't actually backwards compatible! Resonance of Fate, Dark Sector, Operation Darkness, Jet Set Radio Future, and those are just the ones easy to name off the top of my head. The biggest problem I have with my 360 is getting it online. That's a bit of a chore now that we have such an advanced wifi set-up, so I have to tether it via ethernet cable to the PC to steal internet off that. It's ridiculous.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
It won't work with one of those USB WiFi adapters that lets you give something the ability to receive a wireless internet signal?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
It won't work with one of those USB WiFi adapters that lets you give something the ability to receive a wireless internet signal?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Nope, and I've tried! There's no way for the software to interface, so it just hangs off the console doing nothing. The tetheringethod, btw, is OFFICIALLY recommended by Microsoft themselves if you head to their support page.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Nope, and I've tried! There's no way for the software to interface, so it just hangs off the console doing nothing. The tetheringethod, btw, is OFFICIALLY recommended by Microsoft themselves if you head to their support page.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Man, it sucks that Microsoft never tried to make a USB WiFi adapter for the 360, but maybe it just wasn't worth it for them by the time that option came into consideration. Did none of the Xbox consoles work with WiFi until the One?

Also on an unrelated note, what is your favourite episode (or fight if a singular episode is too tough) of Digimon per season you've seen?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Man, it sucks that Microsoft never tried to make a USB WiFi adapter for the 360, but maybe it just wasn't worth it for them by the time that option came into consideration. Did none of the Xbox consoles work with WiFi until the One?

Also on an unrelated note, what is your favourite episode (or fight if a singular episode is too tough) of Digimon per season you've seen?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
The 360 had wifi support; its not that my 360 can't interface with wifi at all, but the fact that my Wifi is TOO ADVANCED for my 360 to get an intelligible signal.

Oh god, favorite episode, jesus. The problem is its been over a decade since I've watched the first 4 seasons, I hated Data Squad, and I haven't started Fusion or finished Universe App Monsters, let alone the new stuff (Adventure 2020 and Ghost Game). So, all the stuff I do remember kind of all blurs together so its tough to remember distinct episodes. So that answer is difficult, to put it mildly.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
The 360 had wifi support; its not that my 360 can't interface with wifi at all, but the fact that my Wifi is TOO ADVANCED for my 360 to get an intelligible signal.

Oh god, favorite episode, jesus. The problem is its been over a decade since I've watched the first 4 seasons, I hated Data Squad, and I haven't started Fusion or finished Universe App Monsters, let alone the new stuff (Adventure 2020 and Ghost Game). So, all the stuff I do remember kind of all blurs together so its tough to remember distinct episodes. So that answer is difficult, to put it mildly.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 11th, 2021, 01:01 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

Oh. I didn't even consider that could be a thing. XD

Yeah, that's why I pitched the fight option instead since I figured they would be easier to recall than individual episodes. If fights is still too tough, maybe just memorable moments overall that really stand out to you or that you can recall fondly? Sweat

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 11th, 2021, 01:01 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:

Oh. I didn't even consider that could be a thing. XD

Yeah, that's why I pitched the fight option instead since I figured they would be easier to recall than individual episodes. If fights is still too tough, maybe just memorable moments overall that really stand out to you or that you can recall fondly? Sweat
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
What your favorite episode overall of Avatar the last airbender and why is it this one in particular?

[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
What your favorite episode overall of Avatar the last airbender and why is it this one in particular?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Did you know Publix has a secret CBT video that can only be watched on a store computer if you log in at 4am on a full moon?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Did you know Publix has a secret CBT video that can only be watched on a store computer if you log in at 4am on a full moon?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What are your thoughts about the Bioshock movie that's recently been announced for production by Netflix?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What are your thoughts about the Bioshock movie that's recently been announced for production by Netflix?
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I have no thoughts on it, mainly because I know jack all about it. Netflix has hits and misses, just as anyone, and Video Game properties seem to have been getting a new life on the Silver Screen and TV Screen (Castlevania, Angry Birds Movie 2, etc.). So, who knows? Maybe it'll be decent? If they directly adapt the first Bioshock game, that does have potential as a movie script. We'll see how it goes...
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
I have no thoughts on it, mainly because I know jack all about it. Netflix has hits and misses, just as anyone, and Video Game properties seem to have been getting a new life on the Silver Screen and TV Screen (Castlevania, Angry Birds Movie 2, etc.). So, who knows? Maybe it'll be decent? If they directly adapt the first Bioshock game, that does have potential as a movie script. We'll see how it goes...
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Thinking on it a little more since you mentioned the first game, I wonder how it would work when generally most of the game is one guy having singular interactions with other people for the most part. If memory serves me right the only times you're with someone is Atlas and the one lady in the garden area, and otherwise you're entirely alone, so I think the only way that can translate into a movie is to have multiple people join Jack along the way and gradually remove them in the same way the game does, or have Jack be with other plane survivors who gradually perish or maybe just have them stay with him. Do you think either of those approaches would be needed to translate the game over to a movie better or do you think keeping Jack solo for a lot could work out?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Thinking on it a little more since you mentioned the first game, I wonder how it would work when generally most of the game is one guy having singular interactions with other people for the most part. If memory serves me right the only times you're with someone is Atlas and the one lady in the garden area, and otherwise you're entirely alone, so I think the only way that can translate into a movie is to have multiple people join Jack along the way and gradually remove them in the same way the game does, or have Jack be with other plane survivors who gradually perish or maybe just have them stay with him. Do you think either of those approaches would be needed to translate the game over to a movie better or do you think keeping Jack solo for a lot could work out?